It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This “congrats” ad keeps driving me away from visiting here. I’ve cleared memory and cookies more times than I can count. I’m fine with advertising, but that one hijacks your browser until you clear the memory. I always come back and then get furious when it happens again.
Is ATS under contract with this scab, or are they willing takers of this revenue knowing what that ad does?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Yep--it happened to me when I was on my iPad. The only thing that unlocked my iPad was clearing my browsing data. Now I only visit ATS on my laptop. No problems there.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
This “congrats” ad keeps driving me away from visiting here. I’ve cleared memory and cookies more times than I can count. I’m fine with advertising, but that one hijacks your browser until you clear the memory. I always come back and then get furious when it happens again.
Is ATS under contract with this scab, or are they willing takers of this revenue knowing what that ad does?

Yes. This one. It keeps redirecting to (happy.goodluckspace.com...)

Total browser hijack. Can’t go back. Can’t refresh. Can’t access ATS at all when it pops up.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I keep getting this ad that says, You're a loser...……...it hurts and everything...…...but Ill be Ok.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This one is driving me nuts. Mobile is unusable.

Doesn't happen from a desktop.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Same here..happygoodluckspace making site unusable

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I rarely use mobile, but the last time I did I got these malicious ads:

Not Cool.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I can't even look at the site on my Android phone, it always pops up some roulette ad that makes me have to kill the page every time. I understand ads, but that one makes the site unusable on my phone. I can't even get a screen shot of it. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's baaaaack. You guys working on this?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yeah browser hijacking isn't fun, we're not supposed to use ad blockers. But these are some aggressive ads.

Please fix.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here is the other one I keep getting

edit on 27-7-2019 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Turning JavaScript off halted the ads but you are unable to navigate the site.
Had a few Cloudfare 502s and then server IP cannot be found.
Looks to be sorted now however. Hence the reply and not accepting the 35th Galaxy S10 I had won

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I'm getting one that pops up when the banner ad comes along the bottom of the page, asking me to confirm this is my apple device (it's a samsung) and saying I've won something.

Only way to stop it is to close the ad on time, it's on every page and when I hit back, the first page it takes me to is a fake Google search.

What is going on with ATS standards these days?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
All the complaints are closed and sent here but here there no discussion, talk of remedy nor admin input..

68 pages thus far. Seems like a nice place to keep everyone in, and not answer their concerns...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I keep getting that one two. Attatched is the link in case anyone wants to investigate the source further.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK unless you are trying to fix the problem ad that hijacks our browser.

happy.goodluckspace.com... tates®ion=Florida&city=Miami&isp=T-Mobile%20USA,%20Inc.&lang=en&ref_domain=www.abovetopsecret.com&os=Android&osv=8.0&browser=Chrome&browserv=75&bra nd=unknown&model=unknown&marketing_name=LG-H918&tablet=2&rheight=0&rwidth=0&e=5

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Do ya think maybe you all are going a bit overboard with all the banner ads?

I'm out. Reached the point of diminishing returns in my case.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hefty ad causing redirects:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
What is the address of the mobile version of ATS, so I can try to see if I get adverts that way?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Tresiba ad causing redirect:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
This one is driving me nuts. Mobile is unusable.

Doesn't happen from a desktop.

i’m on an iPhone and that ad was driving me crazy tonight. Every time I selected a link from subscribed threads. It came up within three seconds . I did as you’re supposed to and went to settings turned on airplane mode then cleaned cookies in web history twice in a row . That usually works it didn’t this time . After about 10 more pop-ups I turned my VPN on.

Worked like a charm haven’t seen one scince.

Knock on wood .

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69 >>

join