It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Up until yesterday, it's only been ads on mobile.

Starting yesterday I've been getting random redirects to various pages; thebwalmart gift card one, Costco, and a couple of others.

Thing is, I dont know which specific ads are causing the redirects to be able to report them. Can't navigate back in that tab and so closing it has been the only option.

Have had it happen while typing a response to a thread and while my phone had had the recent posts page open.

All of the above have only been happening on mobile, I get no ads at all when I am on my PC.

I dont mind the ads as I know the site is in need of revenue, but the redirects (especially when typing a response to a thread) are more than a little annoying.

Will try and make notnote of which ads are on screen from now on so that I can report said ads, but at least one redirect I had was while there was no ad visible onscreen.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The first complaint about the redirects I saw was on November 23.

XL5

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I remember when a week or 2 would go by before SO would get the ad taken down. You know who is getting the ad's and that it is a constant problem for them, just swap out ad providers and see if the people who were having problems, stop having problems.

IMO this is either the new business model, maybe it will fix its self when the ad suppliers fix it OR not enough people are complaining so let them rant and thus feel better they did something (but only in one thread). It could be a plot where everyone will get them in the near future and SO will say it is the best that can be done to keep the site afloat and then everyone demands to pay a subscription fee...and it will still have ads.

This IS a conspiracy site after all, you have to expect some paranoia and distrust.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just got redirected while a banner ad for Nordstrom Rack was displayed on bottom of the recent post page.

edit on 1-12-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
WHAT THE HECK?????

This has been going on for weeks for me.

I thought it was on my end...

Hey Springer!!!

Do you not want us here????

Fix this crap.

You have a great site here. How ever, I can't use this site mobile. And these little quirkes are too much to deal with.

Has this site been taken over by others???

Now I am having problems with this site on my home computer.

What the heck????

Yeah, Jaded. Getting the same stuff. Can't even use the site mobile. Now I'm have issues with my home computer.
edit on 2-12-2018 by crappiekat because: pissed off

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
On mobile I always get redirected to some sort of Costco scam website, I say scam because its not actually Costco.com....

I feel dirty when it happens.

I use Verizon for Mobile

Xfinity for the house.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Yeah, Jaded. Getting the same stuff. Can't even use the site mobile. Now I'm have issues with my home computer.

I dont even bother with mobile anymore.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
www.fourhappyday.xyz... 209d5fd47362dafe9600dd111e9bc7c1209d5fd4736035079793ee4a172e1..c1%3Dquebec-oil-lrso6QiD..c2%3Djacinthe-auk..c3%3D1130136..c5%3D0#

That's the redirect I get.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Switching browser sick of the redirect

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Lately, all of the redirects 9ve experienced larelynhave come while the retailmenot ad was at the bottom of the page.

O tried getting a screenshot while it was in progress but it dosnt happen until after the redirect had completed.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The browser hijacks are becoming so common that it is making ATS impossible to read.

Please end this.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Had only one retailmenot redirect since my last post, lately it's been the Michael Kors ad.

Note, this only occurs mobile, when I'm on my PC, I get no ads at all.

Technical info as follows

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Another Michael Kors redirect

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
The browser hijacks are becoming so common that it is making ATS impossible to read.

Please end this.

Please.

I can't even open a thread and read a few replies without my browser being hijacked.

Usually telling me I won something, but seriously, I'm not that lucky.

It makes the site unusable without a solid adblocker, which is truly unfortunate.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I started a thread on ads a while ago then I realised my issue was that I'd been logged out but couldn't reply as he thread was closed.

Well the ads are back with a vengeance. They now take up my entire phone screen and there's no way to close them. If I shrink my screen down you can see the link at the bottom of the ad to report it but the ad is so big you can't click it.

This has become a major issue and I can barely use the site now. This is the ads I got navigating from the "Recemt" page to "My ATS to find my thread on the matter (before I realised it was closed)...

This first one was the least obtrusive...

And from then on they even went behind the banner ads along the bottom of the page...

Surely ads like this should never be allowed in the first place? What could possibly be the point of ads that block the entire site off behind them?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to www.abovetopsecret.com...

thread closed.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I constantly have the problem of being redirected to what I call malicious ads, especially when replying to posts. I almost exclusively use my cell phone. If it helps I can copy and paste the redirect sites to here.
edit on 23-7-2019 by jrod because: Add

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Took a long time to be able to post here, but the happy.goodluckspace.com (for gawd sake don't click that) re-directs have basically destroyed the usability of ATS for me the past few days. I'll be checking back in now and then, but if its not fixed, I'm afraid I'll have to find another forum, as it has made ATS virtually unusable

Galaxy Note8

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Been getting hit with redirects like crazy. It's never been as bad as it has been the last few days.

I dont know which ads are responsible because the redirect takes effect before the ad even loads; if I knew which ads were responsible, I would post screenshots as I have prior.

I can post screenshots of the after effects if that will do any good but I doubt it will. If by some chance it will help, would a member of site admin or staff please respond to this post and I will be more than happy to post screen shots and links to the redirected urls.

Caught the ad. This was the "Pert"
Ad that hit me with a redirect:

edit on 24-7-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: Caught the bastard ad

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Redirect is ruining ATS:

happy.goodluckspace.com...

Don't click on that btw.
edit on 7/24/19 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69 >>

join