It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
In my opinion the way to make these ad's go away is to stop going to sites that do this and make sure every one knows why you are leaving. Then, others will follow, site activity will go down and the site will die. Then another site will fill the void.

If every one did this when they are unhappy about ad's, no site would EVER host ad's like that. Sadly, most people are not Chuck Norris

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The same is happening to me, on a PC using Opera 57.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm also getting the popup ads at the bottom of my screen... and they don't go away. I can click them off, but when I finish and the window refreshes, the stupid things are back.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I personally don't mind ads... but the redirects to those scam sites are unbearable.
Can't even use backspace to come back to where I left off reading, I have to open a brand new tab.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Just switched over to my PC - Windows 8.1 pro, Firefox 63.0.3 and no pop ups at all. No ad blocker or other add ons/extension running, just straight browser.

Strange.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Do you know if this is being looked into ArMAP???????

Lots of folks, not just the ones posting about it are having the same issue and only on this site.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Apparently, most people didn't get these ads, but the possibility has existed for a long time, so I suppose this means that there was a change in the way the ads are targeted, as I see ads in Portuguese, something I haven't seen in many years.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I'm gonna die or lose my sanity.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It looks like the expected behaviour would be we click the "close" button and the ad goes away for some time, and that happened to me yesterday and is happening today, but it also looks like, in some (mysterious) circumstances the ads return as soon as we close them and refresh the page or move to another page.

edit on 29/11/2018 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
HEY OVERLORD!!! I want to ask if you can add a marker for your older members on their profile the ads recognize and dont show up for us.

Hey guys! just disable Javascipt.
edit on 18000000ppam by yuppa because: added info

WARNING if you do you cant POST OR EDIT OR REPLY! SKeptic why not change those buttons to something OTHER than java so we can just block the Java ads?
edit on 18000000pppm by yuppa because: added info

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
HEY OVERLORD!!! I want to ask if you can add a marker for your older members on their profile the ads recognize and dont show up for us.

Hey guys! just disable Javascipt.

WARNING if you do you cant POST OR EDIT OR REPLY! SKeptic why not change those buttons to something OTHER than java so we can just block the Java ads?

Dowload the duckduckgo browser no intrusive ads
edit on 511130America/ChicagoThu, 29 Nov 2018 18:51:14 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

nevermind
edit on 18000000pppm by yuppa because: oppsie

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am reluctant to post this, but perhaps I won't/can't because the adds interrupt all my writing, they "refresh" the page and when they took control of my dearly beloved mouse, it scared the heck out of me.
I believe in creating profit for this site, but there must be a better solution.
Thank You

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
I am reluctant to post this, but perhaps I won't/can't because the adds interrupt all my writing, they "refresh" the page and when they took control of my dearly beloved mouse, it scared the heck out of me.
I believe in creating profit for this site, but there must be a better solution.
Thank You

Duckduckgo works very well to get rid of these things....

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

That doesn't happen to me, the ads appear but they do not reload the page. What browser are you using?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

That doesn't happen to me, the ads appear but they do not reload the page. What browser are you using?

Mine did on chrome 3 times so I swapped to DDG. My guess is the site is not being moderated well at the top and they are kinda letting things go....no updates and such.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Mine did on chrome 3 times so I swapped to DDG.

What operating system/device are you using? From what I have seen it looks like DuckDuckGo is only available for Android.

My guess is the site is not being moderated well at the top and they are kinda letting things go....no updates and such.

The ads are not chosen by ATS, we get what the ads provider send us.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I started getting the annoying redirects on my phone. If that's how ATS wants to play, I'm just going to stop visiting ATS on my phone.

The constant pop ups are really annoying. They slow my computer's processing time. If I start getting the redirects on my PC, I will be leaving ATS permanently if the problem isn't resolved within a reasonable period of time. I encourage all other members to consider doing the same.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
If I start getting the redirects on my PC, I will be leaving ATS permanently if the problem isn't resolved within a reasonable period of time.

What do you consider "a reasonable period of time"? Solving a problem without enough data is, sometimes, impossible.

People that are getting the redirects should try to get the most information they can about how and when it happens, so Skeptic Overlord can tell the ads providers to stop sending those ads.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I would say 30 days. I guess the redirects started happening about a week or two ago. So whatever deal ATS made with the advertisers, should be examined and reconsidered....or ATS might start losing members, starting with me.

edit on 1-12-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

edit on 1-12-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join