It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gambon

Can you get a screen shot.

There should never be three ads filling the mobile screen at the same time.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

wow that was quick,sry android is all new to me i dont know how(embaressed )they dont fill the screen but i get multple audio trax start playing at the same time.this is on ff for android.

edit on 4-3-2016 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
seems to be an airwick pure? audio advert that doesnt appear visually on the screen. this is the uber one doesnt go away
files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-3-2016 by gambon because: addss

(post by Potestas removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I was replying in the other thread about ad blockers and was told about this thread.

I had the ad blocker off after reading the thread about the ads improving and what not but I replied in that thread that any ad that played any audio automatically and the blocker goes back on.

So, worst ads are any that play audio automatically and one came on last week and was a pop up video (which was a great show on VH1 by the way but not here). Let me know if that is fixed and I will white list the site again. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Getting an add that "breaks" the formatting. I am not blocking ATS ads and I am using Chrome. First ATS loads in the proper format. As the ad loads ATS loses all formatting likes its 1990 on Netscape (too fast to screen grab). It regains formatting then this happens.

When you scroll at least one tic, this happens.

I am assuming that the ad's use of the left and right margins may be part of the issue. I am not sure if I am the only one seeing it so I posted here. The ad's contents are not a problem, just the effects it has on the site. When navigating away from this page things return to normal.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Just received two ads in a row, both of which took up full screen and weren't related to any other ad on the 'recent' topics main page. I just browsed there, closed the first ad, then clicked on one of the topics and the ad reappeared when the topic loaded. The ad was for the new season of "Fear the Walking Dead".

This is on desktop Win10 (insider build 14295) / Edge browser, no ad blocking installed, no cookie blocking and Flash disabled.

*edit- Forgot to mention also that periodically I get similar ads for something about PlayStation TV or something like that.

edit on 4-4-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Also getting obnoxious full-screen video ads for walking dead, and something else (can't remember now). Ads like this are what made me GET adblock in the first place.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

The ads close as soon as you hit the [X] to close them.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

And yet they do. C'mon SO, you have 59 pages now filled mostly with complaints about your ads. While I realize YOU are not creating the issues, but you are requiring your members to be bombarded with various ads that stem from sleazy to innocuous. Not to mention the screen crawl and other issues that the Dolphin browser didn't prevent.

Have you stopped to consider that the members here will soon tire of the whole thing and go elsewhere, leaving you and staff to create threads and watch those ads all alone?

And then there is this treatment from one of your "super" staff to a frequent and respected member:

Invasive Ads

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

There is a Walking Dead ad that opens into fullscreen with audio.

"Fear the Walking Dead"

edit on 2016/4/6 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
SO, I know you and the "gang" are trying hard to make these ads as bearable as possible...but, we all get to come here and opine on the latest, free of charge. and I for one am grateful.....ads are what pay the bills for ATS, and if I don't like seeing them here, I can always go somewhere else. thanks for keeping them to a minimum.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Please, get rid of the full page, take over your screen, ads that automatically play a video. I hate them. I can deal with banner ads all day but those ads are intrusive and ridiculous!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Please, get rid of the full page, take over your screen, ads that automatically play a video. I hate them. I can deal with banner ads all day but those ads are intrusive and ridiculous!

Absolutely.

No one minds banner ads even if it is for stupid crap I don't need or want. It is these ads that explode your screen that are driving people nuts.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

There is a Walking Dead ad that opens into fullscreen with audio.

"Fear the Walking Dead"

I get the same thing and on my tablet there is no way to close it. I have to either back page or close page entirely. It's part of the reason I've only been coming here a couple times a week instead of daily. There are many other sites I just avoid completely on my tablet because of ads. I'm hoping it gets sorted out here.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh, boy!

I got a new full page, browser buster today. Opens full page and starts blaring their video. New Holland Agriculture is the culprit and boy is this a bad one.

It opens just the the Walking Dead ad that takes over your browser and blares its message.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yeah, I only get it when I visit the Live page and now it's making me never wanting to visit the Live page again.

There is no X to close it out. You click anywhere on this ad it takes you to another page. I literally have to hit my back button to get rid of it but if I go back to the Live page there's a good chance it will pop up again!

Worst Ad ever!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yes there is, top-right. It closes for me instantly, every time, on desktop and tablet.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I use Chrome and I looked for it, believe you me, and I especially looked at the top right corner and it's not there. I'm sure I'll have plenty more opportunities to find that sneaky X.

Maybe if I zoom out it will be there, if it lets me. Scrolling up and down doesn't do anything.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
"Please disable ad blockers"

I did and every time I open a thread I get hit with a very invasive video ad for Time Warner. Sorry but if I have to click off a loud and invasive pop up video ad every time I open an ATS page, I will have to leave my adblocker on.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join