It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: drivers1492

It looks like that ad creative has some errant code. I was just able to see that particular ad on my iPhone, however, it didn't block the page... but when I examined the source, there are JavaScript errors that could be a problem for some browsers.

I alerted the ad provider.
edit on 3-11-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Thanks. I meant to point out my phone isn't exactly stock which could have been a contributing factor. Appreciate the heads up

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think this Coors ad is a big issue lately.

I usually just hit my "bookmark" for ATS but, today I was googling some stuff and just googled it...

When I clicked on the header, it took me to this.

So...I clicked all of the other direct lines like new, recent posts, live, etc. that went okay.
I get to the login screen and put in my info, it says (at the bottom) "waiting for facebook.com" (I log in with my email) and just keeps loading that white coors page.

I haven't been on FB today so...

Maybe "new" or "potentially new" people are not able to join due to this?
I know it's a hassle for us regulars but, we usually know how to get around "glitches" sometimes...

Anywho, just thought maybe the HMFIC's would want to know...

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Only happening on Chrome.

Alas, my problems are my own...

Grumble, grumble...hate IE!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Do you have a FaceBook plugin/extension in your Chrome browser?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No, but, there was something called kongregate...(thanks kiddos!)

I got rid of it...
NO problems so far today.

Thanks for taking time to respond!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i have the same issue, the coors add fills the page and i see no links

or its a local ad from our local grocer (shnucks)

only affects chrome but on PC or phone i really cant browse the site at all.

posted this with firefox, which has no probs

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Been quite an annoying morning on ATS with ads. I had two separate video ads pop-up, a top banner ad with a video that plays every time an ATS page is loaded and I've had this beauty come up half a dozen times.

There is an X to close it, but when clicked it simply pops-up again.
edit on 5-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
There is an X to close it, but when clicked it simply pops-up again.

Are you disallowing cookies or something like that? That would be the most-common cause for a particular ad showing up way too often. That one is only supposed to show only once, in 36 hours, for each user.
edit on 5-11-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Cookies are allowed.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
SO
Just wanted to update with my issues as others in The Shed are having troubles also.
My phone (Samsung S6 nothing "fixed") logged me out this weekend. One whole day I could not reach ATS. It would only load a blank page. The next day I was finally able to get on and log in. I changed nothing to make it work

On my desktop my biggest problem is the dropdown ads. Ram always hits but it always allows me to close it. The timberland hits about every 3 days and does NOT have a close tab to close. I have to reload the page.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have been having problems with this all week. The Coors ad is blocking me from the site. This started on the first. I am once again today not able to access site. I am on Mobil right now. I have not changed any of my cookie stuff. Why all of a sudden is this happening?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Ok. I got on.

It is 5:52am here. I hope this problem has been solved. These ads are taking advantage.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Well no sooner than I posted above. The ad came back and blocked me from messaging. And can't go anywhere else on the site except "myATS". Very frustrating. Just to add, I am posting from Mobil.
edit on 6-11-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Kind of the same her. I blocked the coors cookies then unblocked then blocked them all then unblocked...
Did this like 5 or 6 times (not tech savvy here).
I restarted my computer and, so far, it is okay again...

Not sure if what I did fixed it on my end OR it just got fixed by itself...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Well I have been on ATS for almost an hour now. Been all over. No problems.

Thank you to whom ever figured that out. I hope it helped you too TN.

Jeez, I hope I just didn't jinx us. LOL!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I hate it when ads throw this crap in your face, it lowers the standards of this site.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I might do with none of these flashing banner ads, as well as slap the baby, shoot the duck or no matter they're. Also, the mortgage banners ought to go. on-line mortgage firms area unit a number of the worst spammers. they are not even providing mortgages, they merely gather your info and so sell it to as several real mortgage brokers as they will and so you get inundated with phone calls along side all the spam. check out this sample : www.meracrm.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I am having issues with ads similar to TNMockingbird. I am using an android mobile device. Samsung galaxy s5 to be exact. Browser is Chrome for mobile. Cookies allowed.

Within every thread I click, after a couple of minutes, the top banner ad opens fully and i am unable to close it. Only refreshing will fix this.

The site is now virtually unusable for me, unless i want to constantly refresh. It took me 5 attempts at making a new post and 2 edits to just get this bit of info in.
edit on 28-12-2015 by Rylex because: Added more info

edit on 28-12-2015 by Rylex because: More info added

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I disabled JavaScript to stop the "you won a free iPhone" redirects and macafee to stop it from redirecting me to pages macafee says have viruses so now I don't see ads at all. Way to go ATS.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join