It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

Turning on chrome mobile data saver safeguards against malicious websites and seems to have stopped it. It's called malvertising

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Pages are loading slowly for me - the lag seems to be being caused by "partmer.googleadservices". Does this qualify a bashing by our esteemed Mods?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

That's unusual because I've deployed a new ad system that gave me a 30-40% page load boost across three different browsers (using the timeline of the browser's developer tools).

What browser are you using, and on which continent?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

So this is just me and my sour grapes, but I don't like the new mobile ad placement

I know you guys have to have them and all, but since this is here, gonna voice it.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It is not just you mobile ad seem very aggressive today

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Can we get rid of the AUTO-PLAY ADS? I pay through the nose for every gig on my phone.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

I haven't had any of those luckily.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ads blocking content. I had the same problem. Couldn't get around it.

Fixed it with FF and add-ons.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Obsrvr

We don't have any ads running that would block content. What are you seeing?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Lots of diversions by adtrack.king.com on my phone. It only seems to happen here.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That's not something that could have come from us...

Remove adtrack.king.com Hijacker

adtrack.king.com is causing havoc to mobile users, causing their devices to be redirected to said web address each time they are browsing the Internet. This redirect issue seems to be affecting Android and iOS systems.

It is noted that a certain code bundled with fake software download are the culprit for this adtrack.king.com hijacking problems. Additionally, it is said to be that the beneficiary for this redirect is a program called Candy Crash Saga.

In a more depth analysis, adtrack.king.com appears to be not cause by a virus, trojan, or any kind of malware. It is a tracking cookie or something that said to be malfunctioning or having conflict with script loader. Thus, instead of monitoring ads on your devices, it redirects instead.

I've checked our mobile ad providers, and all are blocking/negating any ads that would have "adtrack.king.com" in the assets or code.

King.com is indeed the creator of Candy Crush, and it's not uncommon for errant ad code to seem to be isolated to one website.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Oddly enough, this phone's never had the first game of any kind. Other than Kindle, no apps, either, except the ones that came on the phone. I've tried the reset thing, no dice. Nor does erasing the cache, cookies or resetting the tracking number.

I can load a typical ATS page and adtrack.king.com will launch over and over while it's loading. No other site causes it. Very bizarre. Some days, it never happens. Tonight it was exceptionally annoying.

eta: I do have a number of fairly specialized apps we wrote that are on the phone. I don't suppose our sw guys would do that for fun. More than once.

etaa: trying nuclear reset again

edit on 14-2-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm on ATS via mobile a great deal. I'm one of those curmudgeons who has never installed a game on my phone, and I never see any of the redirect or full-page ad issues on mobile that others complain about.

Are you sure there's nothing from King on your phone? There are apps from them bundled with lots of devices from different providers. I think at one point they were even included with the Facebook app installer.

(post by airforce47 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I'm on ATS via mobile a great deal. I'm one of those curmudgeons who has never installed a game on my phone, and I never see any of the redirect or full-page ad issues on mobile that others complain about.

Are you sure there's nothing from King on your phone? There are apps from them bundled with lots of devices from different providers. I think at one point they were even included with the Facebook app installer.

If it came with the phone built it, it's there, but other than that, I've got Kindle and "beam me up scotty" to transfer files. And maybe a dozen purpose built utility apps. I think the last game I played, phone or PC, was "Redneck Rampage".

I've never loaded the Facebook app. Or any other web site apps - yahoo or whatever. I wish I could identify where this was coming from, it's really annoying. Last night I was whacking the back button every five seconds on some threads.

(post by awareness10 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: Obsrvr

We don't have any ads running that would block content. What are you seeing?

Umm i had this happen logging in. i got the Addie of the ad in question.

cdn.rhythmads.com...

It auto ran and woudnt go away till i made it go away by inspecting element and re writing it a bit.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The ads when you are not logged in are ridiculous. I'm amazed anyone bothers signing up.

Pop-up autoplays on every damn page. Lyft every page.

Thank God for FF. I don't always feel like logging in.

Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There was one ad that I took offence to and that was the one advertising ladies or woman who always sat yes. To me this is one wrong ad and sending a very sick message. I don't mind the ads I just ignore them most of the time except now with all the ad threads I am starting to the notice. I just noticed a funny one well not funny but just read a thread about oj Simpson and a knife found at his property. The pop up add was for the same style of knife. Conspiracy or coincidence.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
on my android tab as soon as open the forum i get 3 adds all autoplaying at once,they dont seem to be the ones at the top of the page,really really irritating.
also getting an uber ad that sits in the bottom centre of evey page that is impossible to close or even move
edit on 4-3-2016 by gambon because: added about uber

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join