It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yeah, mirrors.
Oh and don't forget about the Road Runner drop down ad, errr, very annoying.

Ok, here is the list of annoying ads but will anything be done about it?
What next?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I kind of like the smiley one. i dont mind it as much as i guess the hate iut brings out in others.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Throwing my 2 cents worth in on the Mirrors ad. It is creepy and disturbing and often times even refreshing the page doesn't get rid of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
Throwing my 2 cents worth in on the Mirrors ad. It is creepy and disturbing and often times even refreshing the page doesn't get rid of it.

It is gone now on my screen, do you still have it?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I saw it a couple of times last night still, but I haven't seen it this morning.

If it's really gone .. and this quickly.. major thanks & props to the site owners and admin!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
the "push the fart button" annoys me. I never want to push it, I just want it off my screen, but it always seems to appear.

And Denied, that is the worst "Ohmygosh! No way!" It at the top of the screen for maximum annoyance, and the robot "Bite me".

Hahaha! That one has to be the most stupid of all ads, but then I guess people are pressing it!

Simple tasks for simple people!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The flashing "you have three messages waiting for you" ad that looks like it was based on an old windows 98.

its misleading

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So how long will it take before we don't have to look at the creepy "Mirror" ad? Especially when that one character streches their mouth open. GAWD, if I see that one more time! I agree with the others. It's disturbing and I wish it to be gone!

(creeped out) Rush

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Unlikely, 'tis a prime target for the movie people here. the site owner is probably at home rgiht now with a big bag of cash that i doubt he wants to be seperated from.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Well, regardless, I just had to see the whole mouth stretching thing again! AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Rush

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Firefox and ad block plus makes it whre you do not see/hear the annoying ads.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am really annoyed by the "Take a crash course to learn more ... the computer is personal again" because it interferes with page loading and scrolling. The top banner ad doesn't seem to be as much of a problem as the sidebar ads, which insist on playing all the way through before the screen will continue scrolling.

(don't know if it matters, but I use Firefox on a Mac)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
My anti virus protection keeps alerting me to a "HTML/Crypted.Gen".

Only on this site. I have to click twice every time and sometimes it's frequent. Very annoying.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have an AD issue. There is a banner ad I often come across offering a free 10 day trial of the mmorpg World of Warcraft.

I have never played this game and only real knowledge of it comes from an episode of South Park I saw. So I thought, since it was free, that I would click on the link and generate some revenue for ATS but its a dead link.

Whats up with that SO? Is there anything we can do?

CT

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Been treated to a new one...freeze.com 's very loud Pac-Man sound. If you thought the talking emote smiles were loud shouting a prolonged "hell-ooo" wait until you get a listen of this and it does not stop until you refresh the page to get a replacement ad.

Makes me want to visit freeze.com 's office and give them a very loud and prolonged unpleasent sound of my own.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have a problem with the banner add at the top, that says something about a gift, and give you two options, return/accept

you are then lead to a bs mobile subscribtion page, where it tells you yout true crush or some crap. but thats not the worst part, read the T&C

heading
Horoscopes subscriptions sent to your mobile only £9 per week
Mobile Number:

Summary Terms
This is a subscription service; it will cost £9 per week until you send STOP to 66655. By sending the keyword, you acknowledge that you are subscribing to our weekly horoscope service at £9/week. The £9 charge will be billed to your mobile phone account. All plans are subject to the Terms and Conditions. You may stop this subscription service at any time by sending a text message with STOP, to 66655. Your phone must have text messaging capability. You must be the owner of this device and either be at least eighteen years old or have the permission of your parent or guardian. The horoscopes are charged at £3. You will get three horoscopes each week for £3 each. Standard text messaging rates may apply. For information: call 0845 355 3445 for automated help or call 0800 279 9758 for a live operator. Email [email protected]. Please click here to see full Terms and Conditions.

That's right £9 per week or in American $20 , it is written small so you dont notice and blinely enter you mobile number(wich i didnt:lol
And i dont think it is fair to put this on this site where lots of kids(and some adults:roll
can be tricked into subscribing to a text service of £9 a week.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm getting one for Rhumatory Arthritus that keeps sliding down, even though I do my best to avoid the darned thing.

The main thing that gets me (in addition to the distraction) is the fact that it advertises itself as "RA" - which for someone such as myself - tends to trigger an association with Ritual Abuse (RA/SRA).

Every time that darn ad slides down, I get triggered for a moment, and my thoughts go to an uncomfortable subject.

Any chance of asking them to "fix" the ad so it doesn't slide down?

Thanks a million, SO. I know you're busy...

*edit for errant letter.

[edit on 15/9/08 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Oh my god. Has anyone got the Pop up on "pathology?" I clicked a link over to BTS wich i was automatically not signed in for(but was on ats, really annoying)
and a womans chest popped up with an incision mark, it has a x to click so i moved my mouse oevr to it, and the chest opened up revealing horrificly gory chest cavity.

That was a shocking ad. i think it will scare kids away from this site

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I hate that one!!!! I'm for getting rid of any 'talking' ads! I'm sitting at my computer in the middle of the night, all is dead quiet..... then suddenly 'Smiley' screams "Hellooooooooooo!" and scares the living crap out of me and I jump 6 inches in my chair! If anything, it makes me not want to click on this ad ever!

Please, I beg of you, make it go away!!!!!!!!!!!

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join