It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I keep hearing, "Congratulations. You have been selected to receive 2 free ipod nanos." It's in the banner at the top of the page. Is there anything to be done?

Thank you!

I second that. The most annoying is when the same banner ad appears at the top and bottom of the page and hearing the same thing echoed back to back. It's really annoying.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I keep hearing, "Congratulations. You have been selected to receive 2 free ipod nanos." It's in the banner at the top of the page. Is there anything to be done?

Thank you!

ARGGGGGGGG its even worse when it gets doubled up oneon top and one on the side, two free nano ipods or two free apple iphones....her voice is like scratching a chalkboard, it even makes my elbows hurt.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So far the banners on ATS never realy bugged me.

I developed an ignore in my brain for them so i hardly ever see them.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I'd like to reinforce the annoyance.........IT'S ANNOYING....!!!!!!

Kill the messenger, please.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Thank you!

Originally posted by MrPenny

I'd like to reinforce the annoyance.........IT'S ANNOYING....!!!!!!

Kill the messenger, please.

It's not often I and MrPenny agree on something!

Please kill it, post haste!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I turned off my sound until this is fixed.

I can ignore blinking "message" banners and pictures of disfigured children trying to con me for a few bucks, (yes I believe in charity, but I take the time and effort to research which ones I want to support, and am not impressed with the old "Crying Sally" Struthers approach) but this one hits me every page change.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've been working on tracking these down for the past 45 minutes... it seems this advertiser pushed auto-sound ads through the system on at least two of our five ad networks.

I believe I caught them all, it could take up to 30 minutes for all the filtering to kick in.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thank you, SO. I have turned my sound down and all is well. I really appreciate your quick response.
That's better service than I get anywhere!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

yep and now the 3 part echo with both genders....
i was going to re-run adaware again...but it is here every page change
i do wonder how many i-pod whatevers they have given away

muted till fixed ..anoying at the least..this one must top the list
we all agree!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The ads are being run by "liquidmedianetworks.com" and I've blocked all ads from them, sound or not, across all our providers.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the superfast response on this!
great service here on ATS

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

"Congratulations you have been approved selected to receive two Ipod nanos" just hit me when I went to the recent posts page and again when I opened this thread to tell you about it. Was about Iphone a minute ago.

FYI and thanks!

(edit)Got me again after I submitted post and it redirected me to this page. Bloody annoying.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Rren]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I keep hearing it - apple iphones, ipods etc.

it is, without a doubt, the most annoying ad yet as it doesn't require a roll over to hear it.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Oh. My. God. It. Wont. Stop! Almost every page now and I've noticed that sometimes it coincides with the banner ad (IPod/Nano) and sometimes it doesn't. There's ghosts in the machine!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well lets give it a while. SO mentioned it may take at least a halfhour to
kick in.....uh oh..survey pop-up as i type this ..what the heck???

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Sorry for the u2u, please disregard.

Part of my ATS routine involves listening to streaming music as I participate, so imagine my distress when audio ads are shouting though my headphones.

Thanks for your diligent and timely efforts.

Now, about those pinch-faced, crappy comb-over, Trump University ads....

j/k!

lol!

[edit on 17-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's looking like these are new campaigns for two different advertisers that are beginning today on three of our ad networks. And new banners are appearing in one of the networks as I've been negating existing ones (as if their banner traffic staff are adding the new banners as we speak).

I'm also seeing these on several websites, even The Drudge Report, so if you hear the ad but don't see the banner on ATS... check you other browser windows.
(That was driving me nuts trying to track that down)

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rren

I had 6 windows open and heard six voices. it seems to be gone now so I'm back to the crazy voices in my head and nothing external.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
While I was finishing my reading of this very thread, "CONGRATULATIONS..." began blaring and it's just the ugliest thing in the world, right now, hearing that squawking lie of what I've been selected to receive "free".
On MySpace one expects it ...

Thanks, Skeptic, for the plan to block these ads.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Hey SO, it's still happeing for me. Like before, sometimes the banner ad is the same as the audio sometimes not (was a banner ad for a charity when i was on the recent posts page, but back to Apple Ipod when I clicked on this thread.) Not bitchin' (much) just reporting in. FYI, I only have ATS open in my browser when I hear it (every time). I'll try deleteing cookies/cache then re-login and see if it stops.

*fingers crossed*

(edit)No joy. Sumabeech got me right after login. On my way to purchase an Iphone, Ipod and an I heart Steve Jobs poster to hang over the bed. I have to...

Oh... bloody... 'ell.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Rren]

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join