It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thanks SO for the fast action on this
, at this point I am hearing it from 3 ads on this page,
it's weird but it seems less annoying this way.

It seems the advertisers are running amuk

***Edit to add****

Ok I take that back, Its way still annoying, 3 adds at the same time when I posted this...lol

[edit on 17-3-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's taking one network longer to negate these ads than the others... I've disabled all of their banners for the time being.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think that you got them all SO. I no longer have the AD demons screaming in our heads.
No more voices…other than the normal dozen in my head

Everyone can un mute now…THE all powerful Skeptic Overlord has saved us from the voices

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Okay - I swear I'm only reporting in again and lettin' ya know what's going down in the ATS streets - but it happened again when I clicked on a thread in the Conspiracies in Religion forum. I got the "You've been selected to receive a free Apple Iphone" audio the banner at the time read "National Lampoon Presents... Check Out This Twisted Sister! You'll Laugh Your Head Off... Click Here Now!" Clicking that took me here. FYI, that site's not looking too family friendly.

Hope that helps, SO.

PS,

Should I stop letting you know when it happens and just give you time to work it out? I'm only doing it to let ya know the specifics, thinking that will help you sort it out. I can put my music on hold and hunker down 'til the storm passes if needs be. No biggie.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thanks again for your ad-killing efforts, SO!

Please forgive my adding to your woes today, but when you get the noisy troubles worked out, could you um...look into these:

Now, I enjoy the sight of a comely lass as much as the next hetero male, or gay female, or bi whatever... but...aren't these kind of pushing the TACs?

Edit to add: Another ad, and: Can I get in trouble for this?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Aw Jeeze!!

Now we've got talking fish!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

the talking Fish are back
3d screansaver one

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
do they really think anyone is going to be stupid enough to fall for this?

if it didnt have read site for details
i just hope someone takes legal action against that site in question
(not ATS but the winning site, just to make that clear)

the talking smilies are back

[edit on 19-3-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
HellllllooOOOOoooooo!!!

Those obnoxious rollover

audio smiley ads

are back...

The above is a visual representation of the annoyance factor generated by those ads.

Sorry for shouting....

Thanks for your prompt attention to the matter.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Dudes, dudettes!

Don't click on the ads!

Oh, I know....those pesky mousepads (meecepads?) on latpots...I mean, laptops....can cause such troubling annoyances....

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It's okay if you don't, they generate income anyway.

Just don't look at 'em! heh!

And whatever you do, don't mouseover the damn smilies!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Please don't 'ding' me for a one-line post, but that is quite 'bloody' (can I say that?) hilarious!

I wanted to test the waters of the auto-censors....how about 'bollocks'?

Sorry, just an attempt at humor (humour).

Here's an ad for a very funny American comic (since this IS a thread about Adverts).

George Carlin. Brilliant, and I get no money for promoting him, wish I did....

He had a stand-up bit, years ago, that put him on the map, so to speak. It was about the seven words that could not be spoken on air, according to FCC rules, here in the States (Federal Communication Commission).

[think of the FCC as government censorship in a Country that prided itself on 'freedom'...]

Of course, I cannot use those seven words, lest I violate the T&C of ATS, but I'm guessing you can imagine.

Thing is, they are only words....heavily laden words, I agree...but just words.

Sometimes, a word is only painful when directed at a 'foe'....sometimes we direct those hateful words at loved ones, and regret it afterwards...and reconcile...

BUT, they are just words!

As to ATS, and the desire to keep the forae (forums?) pure from these words? A very good idea, because these words instill anger and emotion, and that detracts from intelligent discourse.

We may choose to, or not choose, to use these words in our private conversations, but not in the open forums, and that is a good decision, and must be respected, because of what I have written, as my opinion, up above.

WW

ps....I have found that, because these 'special' words tend to come out, outside of normal societal discourse, only in anger, then we should not give them that 'power' any more. If they are 'angry' words, then they need to be described as such, and the connotation thusly diminished, and their emotional impact in order to provoke a response, deflated.

[spelling, as always!]

[edit on 4/13/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Ads blocking buttons is about 6/10 on the annoyance scale.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Hard not to do when you move your mouse to click on an option at the top...

We need to find the guys who run that add and do a "Vlad the Impaler" routine on them... or perhaps get a NAPALM THROWER

[edit on 13-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by goosdawg

Hard not to do when you move your mouse to click on an option at the top...

We need to find the guys who run that add and do a "Vlad the Impaler" routine on them... or perhaps get a NAPALM THROWER

I know who delivers them, (I think) and believe me, it takes all the control I can muster to not click on the NoScript icon and block the damn things!

Must. Adhere. To. The. TACs....

Instead, I just go somewhere else now until they're gone.

Take that obnoxious, noisy smilies!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is an ad that I always see on the top of the screen next to the big ATS logo.

Its a bunch of smilies and whenever I move my cursor over them, I hear "hello." Sometimes I won't even have the window maximized and I'll hear "HELLO."

Here's another one in the same spot that has an audio clip to it as well. H&R block. No thanks, I don't need financial help.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
aaarrgghh,I've just been assaulted by one of the banners. It's a epelictic fit enducing ad. Tells you that you're the 1 millionth customer as it shakes violently.

Please,for the love of all that's good and smelly. kill it in the face!!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
How bout those new pop up 10 second ad's... I hate those! hate them! please ATS i know you have to advertise, but those are way out of line... Don't make me hate this site... please! if anything shrink it into a smaller window that can be moved out of the way... Forcing to see an ad, errrr... shivers me timbers!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This pop up ones are pretty annoying. And I'm not rolling over any ad's to trigger them. I try to get the source thing but they go away.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
you do what we tell you to do

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join