It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods applaud members, so why not- Members applaud mods?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Well, one good part would be the ability to do a "thanks, good job, good post" to a mod with one click, as opposed to a u2u. I think that might bring an interesting dynamic up there in moddum, and possibly even increase your desire to do it somewhat. And I'd be willing to bet the mods would be checking that event log just a tad bit more often. "What's this? Holy bejesus, Nygdan got like 75 applauses this week." And what's great is that all those in moddum have transcended silly jealousy games due to incredibly smart attributes, and instead would likely turn it into light competition for more member applauses. To be a better mod! Like we try to be better members!

I have to agree. Being able to send an anonymous applause to a mod for what we perceive to be a "job well done" would, indeed, change the dynamic down there in the ATS bunker complex. I'm sure that being a mod can be, well, drudgery at times and an applause, now and then, might be just what someone needs to re-envigorate the spirit to get back into "MOD MODE".

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
ok I am cruising through ~THIS THREAD~ again....checking to see if anybody has a moderator I 'should' applaud..........names in a hat anyone????

I do NOT have to let them know who it comes from.........it CAN BE annonymous and just come from me and they can wonder...lol.....

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
*Legalizer looks gift horse in the mouth*

*Horse bites legalizer*

OT: If you want to applaud a mod, just send a U2U with 'Applause' in the subject line. Same thing right? I mean, we don't care about the points, it's the thought that counts. It's nice to be appreciated.

(Then again, these threads keep popping up, so it would be hard for us to feel unappreciated, seeing as how most members keep wanting to applaud us.)

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Just a thought that occured to me. Wouldn't it be kinda neat if all the members could applaud a mod, for say, I dunno 50 points or something awarded to the mod. I figure less because they are way more members than mods, and hence probably way more applauses. And who knows, maybe it could be somewhat limited. But still, even if it were for the same points (250 or 1500), and not really for the points, but just for the pat on the back, good idea, or good post, and left totally to the member's discretion, no formula, just like the mods can do. Except the members could only applaud mods. Any member with a member applause button could still only do that.

Well you have a lot of points and I'm sure that you didn't do back breaking work to earn all of them or maybe you did?? anyways you could donate some to the less fortunate moderators. That would be a really nice gesture I think.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Well you have a lot of points and I'm sure that you didn't do back breaking work to earn all of them or maybe you did??

Well I only have about 43 more total posts than you.

anyways you could donate some to the less fortunate moderators. That would be a really nice gesture I think.

Honestly, it wasn't about the points. I was looking for another dynamic to evolve there so that some of the politics that prevail on the downdraft could reclaim themselves upwind.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
While o the subject, I will say that ATS mods are probably the best I've seen thus far on the Internet. Their rules are superb and they enforce them very well. They do a good job of maintaining order, especally considering this forum lives of of contrevorsey.

I also think is great that mods here tak an active role in the community, something that you don't see other mods on other forums do that often.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I gotta tell you, this brought a big
to my face.

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
While o the subject, I will say that ATS mods are probably the best I've seen thus far on the Internet. Their rules are superb and they enforce them very well. They do a good job of maintaining order, especally considering this forum lives of of contrevorsey.

I also think is great that mods here tak an active role in the community, something that you don't see other mods on other forums do that often.

Better than applause, IMHO

Although, I will accept cheesecake
, but not beer

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You could always throw in something like this:

wupy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join