It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owners of Hooters is dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Robert Brooks who brought us Hooters and the great chicken wings is now dead. Found dead in home Sunday, from an unknown cause. He was 69 years old and in good health. Many calls were phoned into the coroner's office but went unanswered. His death is affecting many countries where his stores are and over 425 restaurants in all.

news.yahoo.com
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Robert Brooks, the chairman of Hooters of America, Inc. who made his fortune selling chicken wings served by scantily clad waitresses, was found dead at his home Sunday, officials said. He was 69.
ADVERTISEMENT

It was unclear how Brooks died, but the Horry County coroner's office told The (Myrtle Beach) Sun News that an autopsy would be performed Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

His first store opened in Florida 1983, from there with invertors help Hooters hit the main stream. In 1984 the franchise began and Hooters is what it is now today. Being a very wealthy also gave his money for good needs. For Brooks there is no seen reason why there would be a murder, further investigation will show how he died. An autopsy will also be performed Monday hopefully to show any other characteristics of the death.

This man here was a good man, and with the giving the world Hooters, some of Hooters went with him as he has died, but no bad news on that Hooters will ever close. There will just a mourning for the loss of a great man and entrepreneur.

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

[edit on 16-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Rest in peace ( * )( * )

They do have some tasty wings

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yep, Hooters have great chicken wings. Whoaaaaa.... oh, what was I saying again? Oh, yeah, the chicken wings.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
R.I.P. Robert Brooks.

The chicken breasts are the best man. Wait did I say chicken breasts? I meant the chicken wings. That's right the wings.

-tts

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hmmnn, I wonder what his headstone will say?

Here lies Robert Brooks
censored

Glad my daughter has never had to work there.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
Yep, Hooters have great chicken wings. Whoaaaaa.... oh, what was I saying again? Oh, yeah, the chicken wings.

hahah to funny.......
Who's knows, maybe that's his mother in that pic and he's hungry.

Most preteenagers these days are being breast feed ....lol...............

[edit on 29-7-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufia

OMG the end of the world is actually here. Even the children are lustful in their hearts. I don't think this little guy could move his eyes away from her breasts if Hezbollah threatened to take away all his toys.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hooters is my favorite restraurant! I love the wings!

He probably died of a heart attack. All those greasy chicken wings and the excitement caused by the girls are bad for the heart.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
R.I.P. Robert Brooks.

Here is a brief history of Hooters for anyone interested.

top topics

join