It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus portrayed as caucasian?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't think he was a pope himself.

But Jesus IS Black.

How many times do we have to prove it to you people before you believe.

Jesus comes from King Solomon. Everyone should know Solomon was a black king.

He's the one who took the Ark to Ethiopia where it still is to this day.

The pictures of Jesus today is Cesare Borgia, second son of Pope Alexander.

link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
good, Colonel it was meant to be funny the whole jesus alien shape shifting part.

So if a Jesus was portrayed as he really was, would this have made the world a lot different? As in help curving some racism.

I always hate those KKK #s who think they are perserving the white race, and blah blah they always mention their lord Jesus and how he is white.

Also, those that are black and say f that, i am not praying to a white god.

Would that all be eliminated if he would've been shown as he was?

I am sure there would be different reasons then as to why, perhaps roles reversed, I duno.

Just something to think about.

Also would Islam and Christianity have better relations?

if he is shown as who he is, then I think a major rebellion would break out. I don;t think Islam and Christianity would be any better because Christianity rejects Islam and Islam considers Jesus as only a prohet in the line of prophets---not the Son of God.

link   
ouf....that would explain your posting up the link there, it's 3am work with me here ppl!!

(im a programmer btw)
ok, so where was i...ahh yes, i truly believe that islamic relations would have been a lot more inter-related with christianity if not for some "stupid white men."
an to think religion has led to such a degree of hatred, eg: terrorism?
looks like religion, in essence is seen to have messed everything up from the very beginning.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I don't think he was a pope himself.

But Jesus IS Black.

How many times do we have to prove it to you people before you believe.

Jesus comes from King Solomon. Everyone should know Solomon was a black king.

He's the one who took the Ark to Ethiopia where it still is to this day.

The pictures of Jesus today is Cesare Borgia, second son of Pope Alexander.

Thanks, for the back up. Long time no see.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
therefore....racism seems to have existed all the way after christianity.
remember that in the arab community, their year is smthng like 443, i'm way too shattered to think clearly.
brainlocked.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
yeah, i haven't seen Illmatic in a while /waves

I know Jesus was black. He was most certainly not white.

I didn't know that the Jesus we see was the popes son.

I just though it was some white guy they made up to suit their needs.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
it was good fun chatting about this subj.
im turning in, it's 3am here....its no fun tryina stay awake, besides i've got all week left b4 the end of my halfterm(holidays).
colonel, u have a lot more info on this than i do, it's probably an age thing

my being 17 is no advantage...a mere child when cross referenced with the compulsory experience needed to live life to the fullest

anyways take care ppl
peace.
Cyrus.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
As I have said before......does it matter?......
Only to those that make it matter.......

Here's one for ya.....:
"Scholars have long debated the exact ethnicity and nationality of Jesus. Recently, at a theological meeting in Rome, scholars had a heated debate on this subject. One by one, they offered their evidence..."
"THREE PROOFS THAT JESUS WAS MEXICAN:"
1. His first name was Jesus.
2. He was bilingual.
3. He was always being harassed by the authorities.

But then there were equally good arguments that...

"JESUS WAS BLACK"
1. He called everybody "brother."
2. He liked Gospel.
3. He couldn't get a fair trial.

"JESUS WAS JEWISH"
1. He went into His Father's business.
2. He lived at home until he was 33.
3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin, and his Mother was sure he was God.

"JESUS WAS A CALIFORNIAN"
1. He never cut his hair.
2. He walked around barefoot.
3. He started a new religion.

"JESUS WAS IRISH"
1. He never got married.
2. He was always telling stories.
3. He loved green pastures.

But perhaps the most compelling evidence ...

"THREE PROOFS THAT JESUS WAS A WOMAN ..."
1. He had to feed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get the message across to a bunch of men who JUST DIDN'T GET IT.
3. Even when He was dead, He had to get up because there was more work for him to do.

Link:
www.beliefnet.com...

As soon as I find some scripture to further back this up...I will be sure to post it.........

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You guys have it all wrong.....Hes chinese.
Actaully I watched a special on the Image of Christ, and he looked more middle easter than anything.
Deep

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The theory that his linage was black would not make him black, everyone's linage is black. If you going by what the bible says, and that he was born as a human man, then he would be Arabic, most likely Palestinian as that is what his parents would have been. If he had been a black man in an Arabic society born to Arabic parents he would have surely stood out somewhat and that would have caused some consternation in his very early life, to his parents at least and the community he was brought up in; not to mention his early followers. If that was the case a lot more would have been made of it in the Bible. In fact if that had been the case his mother would have most likely been stoned to death for adultery. He was definitely not white though. Oh yeah, there's evidence he was a stoner too...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
The theory that his linage was black would not make him black, everyone's linage is black. If you going by what the bible says, and that he was born as a human man, then he would be Arabic, most likely Palestinian as that is what his parents would have been. If he had been a black man in an Arabic society born to Arabic parents he would have surely stood out somewhat and that would have caused some consternation in his very early life, to his parents at least and the community he was brought up in; not to mention his early followers. If that was the case a lot more would have been made of it in the Bible. In fact if that had been the case his mother would have most likely been stoned to death for adultery. He was definitely not white though. Oh yeah, there's evidence he was a stoner too...

This is completely false. If King Solomon was black, meaning David was black, then the whole lineage was black.

Furthermore, you say "If he had been a black man in an Arabic society born to Arabic parents he would have surely stood out somewhat and that would have caused some consternation in his very early life, to his parents at least and the community he was brought up in; not to mention his early followers."

Remember Mary and Joseph couldn't find a dwelling to birth Jesus but a manger? No one wojld give them any place to stay. Oops, guess, you messed up on that one.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I still don't know why ppl still care if he was black or not. I'm black, but I don't care whether he was black, white, green, purple or blue!!!

It's in the message. Not the image!!!

Stupid argument. Dumb conversation.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Exactly what I said earlier Bandit.

Does it really matter? Of course not.

Just ignore the lessons in the bible and nit pick other things.

While I know he wasn't white, I do think he was probably more arabic looking than african.

But!

He could have 9 heads and 7 arms and transparent skin and I think people would still argue about it.

and if you believe all that is in the bible

Then Joseph isn't Jesus's father...

so she had be pregnated by god

He is an alien I still say

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Exactly what I said earlier Bandit.

Does it really matter? Of course not.

Just ignore the lessons in the bible and nit pick other things.

While I know he wasn't white, I do think he was probably more arabic looking than african.

But!

He could have 9 heads and 7 arms and transparent skin and I think people would still argue about it.

Oh, that's right. He could be Godzilla and it wouldn't matter, right?

I have proven time and time again why it matters using the Scripture but no one here (but for Cyprus) chooses to acknowledge that.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Below is a response I made on this subject in a different thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

by Colonel
But, I do thick you're making stuff up. Like this phrase: " agree, he is like light and can transform himself into whatever appearance he likes."

"Perhaps he's an image we all have in our minds."
Really? ...
And, Jesus was black.

My reply:
**I think the term "image" referred to above, is meant in the context of a mental picture, rather than "images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles" Jesus appears to have taken on whatever appearance was appropriate for the situation:

John 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

John 8:48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
John 8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

John 20:15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.

I think that to focus so strongly on Jesus' ethnicity, is to do a disservice to ourselves, and insult to the message He was trying to deliver.

When he speaks of those who "claimed to be wise, they became fools", He was referring to those that thought they KNEW God just because they read the prophecies of the old Testament. They didn't KNOW him, however, because even though they did their rituals, they didn't understand why they did them, or what God was trying to impress upon them.

Don't forget that they didn't believe Jesus was who he said because he came from Galilee, and they didn't think the Christ of prophecy would come from there.

Isn't this what those claiming to know Jesus' human ethnicity are doing?

My boyfriend was reading me the accounts of Buddha, and it struck me how very similar the stories of him and Jesus are. Maybe Jesus appeared to many cultures, in many different bodies, while he was on earth.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Futhermore, to have millions of people across the planet to bow down to a true murderer every Sunday to me is a blasphemy. Yes, it does matter.

Additionally, if this fraud who poses as Jesus was perpetrated by the Catholic Church, what OTHER LIES have they told to the people??????

Yes, it does matter.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Colonel]

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yep, he could be in the form of godzilla and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

It's more important of what he taught rather than what he looked like.

edit:

Yeah the Catholic Church is evil and was evil from the start.

Another form of control, the pope was the most powerful man, is he now? I don't think so.

Religion should be on a personal level anyways, not what has been forced down your throat.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yep, he could be in the form of godzilla and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

It's more important of what he taught rather than what he looked like.

So, when he comes back, how would you know if it were Him if you were lied to about his appearance all these centuries? You would be expecting Cesare Borgias (or Godzilla) rather than the real Christ which I feel that Satan would gladly take advantage of.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would think that his physical image still doesn't matter as satan can supposedly shape shift.

I would think that I would know on the inside if it was christ or not.

I would even say that a blind man would know if it was Jesus.

just my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Colonel and his "it matters......."

Color is an ISSUE used by those looking for ....."what" Colonel? Clarification? Being told your correct? What?
I asked Illmatic and you over this "color issue" before: Why does it matter? Would it matter to Jesus today? WOuld JEsus today agree with your message and what you are putting forth and how you are putting it forth...for "whatever" the purpose may be?
Highly, highly doubtful Jesus would agree and assert that his color matters...and yet, the topic again arises at good ole' ATS, and yet again, it becomes an issue......

Well said Bandit, Lysergic and Jezebel.....nicely said and I ditto the message each of you convey.

regards
seekerof

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join