Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Jesus portrayed as caucasian?

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
this is an amazing argument colonel

it seems no1 really has any contradictions to your report, it's flawless!!

furthermore....jesus is of middle eastern origin, and we all know why christianity itself(dominated by the white race) appeared to burn in this image of jesus.
i guess there's no escaping it, jesus was middle-eastern with woolly hair(the mozaics in the catholic church prove to be mandatory fiction when displaying jesus'es long flowing brown hair)...a shocking fact, when you think of all the copies around the globe of this "image" we have of jesus being completely misleading.




posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
another thing comes to mind....people awaited the arrival of the lord's son at the millenium in jerusalem right?? the question is who were they looking for?



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
worst fears confirmed....we missed the coming of jesus christ coz every1(and i mean EVERY) was mislead into looking for the wrong person....think of this in the media, "ouch"



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
this is an amazing argument colonel

it seems no1 really has any contradictions to your report, it's flawless!!

furthermore....jesus is of middle eastern origin, and we all know why christianity itself(dominated by the white race) appeared to burn in this image of jesus.
i guess there's no escaping it, jesus was middle-eastern with woolly hair(the mozaics in the catholic church prove to be mandatory fiction when displaying jesus'es long flowing brown hair)...a shocking fact, when you think of all the copies around the globe of this "image" we have of jesus being completely misleading.


I'm sorry. I still have to contend that he was black---not Middle eastern. It has to do with the fact that his line that preceded him came out of Africa (Solomon, David, Moses, Jacob, etc).



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
worst fears confirmed....we missed the coming of jesus christ coz every1(and i mean EVERY) was mislead into looking for the wrong person....think of this in the media, "ouch"


I think you have a point here.

Matthew 7
22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I still have to contend that he was black---not Middle eastern. It has to do with the fact that his line that preceded him came out of Africa (Solomon, David, Moses, Jacob, etc).
hmmm....if u look at it from that angle, then yes....ok, he's black, put this in the right media and u'll have a national scandal

unbelievable...i am well and truly stumped. i dont think i've ever come across anything as potentially hazardous to the christian faith, who would have thought



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Realise Jesus is an alien. He is not of this earth!



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
I'm sorry. I still have to contend that he was black---not Middle eastern. It has to do with the fact that his line that preceded him came out of Africa (Solomon, David, Moses, Jacob, etc).

hmmm....if u look at it from that angle, then yes....ok, he's black, put this in the right media and u'll have a national scandal

unbelievable...i am well and truly stumped. i dont think i've ever come across anything as potentially hazardous to the christian faith, who would have thought


You will be ignored as a lunatic and they will continue to drink the strong delusion until HE comes back. Then, it will be too late.



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by Cyrus
worst fears confirmed....we missed the coming of jesus christ coz every1(and i mean EVERY) was mislead into looking for the wrong person....think of this in the media, "ouch"


I think you have a point here.

Matthew 7
22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

u succeeded in contradicting...yet again

i dont c how i can steer out of this one tho



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
How did I contradict myself?



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
im clinging to the hope that somehow...i am able to obliterate any form of racism, the only way to do so is by forcing a retreat to past memories,the christian religion plays a key role as a figure of obscured racism.
would'nt it be none the less humane to reduce any form of racism and furthermore obliterate it to an unrecognizable form or identity?

i must have a point somewhere down the line..



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by deafence#

i have some of my own thoughts on jesus, but just to point out some possibilities. notice in both quotes, it mentions his "feet" were bronze. anyone who walks on there feet in the desert all there life is bound to get some hardcore callus/dirty ass feet. it could just be symbolic to the fact that he travelled a lot. though this doesnt mean he wasnt black though. just thought i'd point that out.


What about the woolly hair like mine, like my avatar? Your symbolism doesn't seem to work there does it? And if he is to retrn in glory---why would he have dirty feet? That's blasphemous.

And why is it that its ok to have a white guy representing Jesus which is a LIE but not have the black Jesus which is the truth?

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Colonel]


and since when do black people have eyes of blazing fire? in your logic, wooly hair = hair type that black people can only grow, then blazing eyes of fire must mean he had red/orange/yellow eyes, which is pretty impossible for black people to have. so is it literal or not? what im saying that it's all symbolic, you're using a mix of both. that's telling me that you're just saying that because it seems convienient. and as for blasphemy, who's gonna tell me what not to believe about jesus anyways? some 2000 year old book? i think not. and if this judgement day does come some day, i'll tell god myself if necessary that i dont agree with half the # in that thing. but that's just me, telling you to believe what you want to believe. that's what life is for, makeing your OWN choices. peace.



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If I may, I think the trick here is to do this:

1. For those that think Jesus was White, tell them he was Black.

2. For those that think Jesus was Black, tell them he was White

3. For those that think Jesus was Red, tell them he was White

4. For those that think Jesus was Yellow, tell them he was White.

5. For those that think Jesus was Gray, tell them he was human.

And let the hearer grapple and finally look beyond the skin color...



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
who's gonna tell me what not to believe about jesus anyways? some 2000 year old book? i think not. and if this judgement day does come some day, i'll tell god myself if necessary that i dont agree with half the # in that thing. but that's just me, telling you to believe what you want to believe. that's what life is for, makeing your OWN choices. peace.


You do that. You tell God what you think of his 2000 yr old book.

Boy, as soon as you mention that Jesus was black, people REBEL. Well, the Bible said something like that would happen.



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

would'nt it be none the less humane to reduce any form of racism and furthermore obliterate it to an unrecognizable form or identity?

i must have a point somewhere down the line..


Then, that would perpetrate a lie.



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can understand in some ways the reason why people would want Jesus to be thought of as white, black, yellow, red etc. But those reasons are purely political and not based on any facts.

The fact that he was Arabic looking, is just an issue of chance. God could have made ANY people his people. So Jesus could have been of any race.

In the end the argument is meangless, the actual skin color of him did not change in any way what he did for all people.

However to twist an historical truth to meet a political end shows that the speaker really doesn't care less about Jesus, and what he did, but about the political capital and ideological milage they can make out of their definition of him.



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomFighterChris
"Only black people have woolly hair and skin the color of bronze. "

Not only black people, I pretty sure I seen some middle eastern guy with the same discription, who could pass as black.


Since all this stuff happened in the middle east I am guessing that he was middle eastern. Popular Mechanics did a article and they said he was middle eastern looking and I believe them.



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#

and since when do black people have eyes of blazing fire? in your logic, wooly hair = hair type that black people can only grow, then blazing eyes of fire must mean he had red/orange/yellow eyes, which is pretty impossible for black people to have. so is it literal or not? what im saying that it's all symbolic, you're using a mix of both.


Also, in my logic, I notice that his lineage comes out of Africa.



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter

Originally posted by FreedomFighterChris
"Only black people have woolly hair and skin the color of bronze. "

Not only black people, I pretty sure I seen some middle eastern guy with the same discription, who could pass as black.


Since all this stuff happened in the middle east I am guessing that he was middle eastern. Popular Mechanics did a article and they said he was middle eastern looking and I believe them.


LMAO! Poplular Mechanics!



posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I can understand in some ways the reason why people would want Jesus to be thought of as white, black, yellow, red etc. But those reasons are purely political and not based on any facts.

The fact that he was Arabic looking, is just an issue of chance. God could have made ANY people his people. So Jesus could have been of any race.

In the end the argument is meangless, the actual skin color of him did not change in any way what he did for all people.

However to twist an historical truth to meet a political end shows that the speaker really doesn't care less about Jesus, and what he did, but about the political capital and ideological milage they can make out of their definition of him.



Did you get this bit of wisdom from the Bible?





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join