It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus portrayed as caucasian?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Don't you think that would fall under worshipping "graven" images Colonel?

Scripture quoting is great and useful to those who are blessed enough to have recieved the real discerning of what was meant.....thats given by and through the Holy Spirit....
For every scripture you have quoted, there are handfuls of interpretations.....theres the 'truth' for ya.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Revelation 2

18"...These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

Do you also, then believe that he had red/orange glowing eyes? And metal feet?

Revelation 1
14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow... 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.

Was his head made of wool and snow as well as his hair then? Isn't bronze glowing in a furnace bright red, rather than dark golden brown?

If you are going to interpret these verses literally, then the Son of God and man has, a white head and hair (it's white like wool, white as snow, not white OF wool, white OF snow), red glowing eyes (like a blazing fire), feet that glow red hot (like burnished bronze glowing in a furnace), and a roaring voice that doesn't speak human words (like the sound of rushing waters).

Colonel, could you please let me know your thoughts on the other 2 replies I've made to you in this thread? I don't know if they got missed because of other posts directly following, but I would like to read your reply. They were on pages 5 and 7.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Don't you think that would fall under worshipping "graven" images Colonel?

Scripture quoting is great and useful to those who are blessed enough to have recieved the real discerning of what was meant.....thats given by and through the Holy Spirit....
For every scripture you have quoted, there are handfuls of interpretations.....theres the 'truth' for ya.

regards
seekerof

What?? I have given you his physical description---which you refuse to acknowledge. I have proven why it is wrong to worship the false depiction of christ (particularly since the current version is a murderer)---from Scripture and even using YOUR verse from Revalations.

Yet, you still insists that "Its all interpretation."

I wonder WHO has the Holy Spirit here.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
jesus is dead he was an enemy of the state and he was put down hes gone and hes not coming back no matter how hard u wish for it to happen

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
"I think that to focus so strongly on Jesus' ethnicity, is to do a disservice to ourselves, and insult to the message He was trying to deliver.

When he speaks of those who "claimed to be wise, they became fools", He was referring to those that thought they KNEW God just because they read the prophecies of the old Testament. They didn't KNOW him, however, because even though they did their rituals, they didn't understand why they did them, or what God was trying to impress upon them.

Don't forget that they didn't believe Jesus was who he said because he came from Galilee, and they didn't think the Christ of prophecy would come from there.

Isn't this what those claiming to know Jesus' human ethnicity are doing?

My boyfriend was reading me the accounts of Buddha, and it struck me how very similar the stories of him and Jesus are. Maybe Jesus appeared to many cultures, in many different bodies, while he was on earth."

I don't thinks so, J. If somewthing is false, you have to show it as false or else believe the lie. Cesare Borgias is the lie which people worship all over the world.

I disagree with your last paragraph as well.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Colonel said:
"Yet, you still insists that "Its all interpretation."

Tell you what Colonel.........
You just keep chugging away at those "interpretations"......to justify your stance/position....no one is 'denying' anything but you....
I do believe Jezebel ahd soem questions for you, if you would be a gentlemen enough to address her and her questions....

Stay cool Colonel.....don't get to worked up on those 'legalities' eh?

Peace....going to bed.

regards and sincerity,
seekerof

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

And why would Satan be able to take any form he wished, and Jesus wouldn't? If you believe Jesus to be the physical manifestation of God, wouldn't he have MORE power than Satan?

Colonel says: Because if Jesus doesn't come in his true form, that would be a lie--because it isn't his true form as he was in the day of old.

If you asked a blind man to describe what a white Jesus or a black Jesus would look like, do you think he would give the same definition you would? Or would he say that a white Jesus' appearance is the absence of all color and a black Jesus' appearance is the combination of all color? I somehow think that the blind man would be far closer to the truth than anyone able to discriminate based on race.

Also, did you ever think that maybe Cesar had his picture painted to resemble the caucasian Christian's idea of Jesus, so that he would be compared to Christ? Maybe, he wanted catholics to see his painting and think, "He looks just like what I imagine Jesus looks like, it must be a sign that we should believe what he says and follow him."

I'm not buying that being that Cesare Borgias was a murderer.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
this may or may not serve as evidence for jesus' lineage but apparently in the century before jesus' birth there existed some sort of temple where priests supposedly descended from david, abraham, etc. would impregnate young girls and send them out into the world where upon they would give birth to a child and send it back to the temple so that it could then become a priest or in turn be impregnated with a child and in this way the line of david was preserved these young pregnate girls were considered "virgins" because of the way in which they came to have child and were married off to older men this could explain the huge age difference between joseph and mary as well as why joseph isnt found later on in the story of jesus

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
oh and btw for those of you who think jesus didnt even exist well he did beyond the shadow of a doubt the question is was he what christianity claims? and did he himself claim what christianity does? do some research

oh yeah the first paintings of jesus(painted by WHITE people hundreds of years after the last person who ever saw him) are said to have been modeled after the the great statue of zeus which is one of the ancient wonders

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by thoth]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by jezebel

And why would Satan be able to take any form he wished, and Jesus wouldn't? If you believe Jesus to be the physical manifestation of God, wouldn't he have MORE power than Satan?

Colonel says: Because if Jesus doesn't come in his true form, that would be a lie--because it isn't his true form as he was in the day of old.

And who are we to say what Jesus' TRUE form is? If he is indeed God, as he claimed, He could be anything he wants. How could we possibly, as mere humans, place limitations on an infinite being, such as God?

If you asked a blind man to describe what a white Jesus or a black Jesus would look like, do you think he would give the same definition you would? Or would he say that a white Jesus' appearance is the absence of all color and a black Jesus' appearance is the combination of all color? I somehow think that the blind man would be far closer to the truth than anyone able to discriminate based on race.

Also, did you ever think that maybe Cesar had his picture painted to resemble the caucasian Christian's idea of Jesus, so that he would be compared to Christ? Maybe, he wanted catholics to see his painting and think, "He looks just like what I imagine Jesus looks like, it must be a sign that we should believe what he says and follow him."

I'm not buying that being that Cesare Borgias was a murderer.

I'm sorry, Colonel, but I don't understand what you're not buying. Do you not agree with any of my statements, or just the part about Cesare having his picture painted to resemble the common perception of Jesus?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
See, this is what the topic of Jesus does. It makes people argue till they're blue in the face and eventually start killing each other.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
See, this is what the topic of Jesus does. It makes people argue till they're blue in the face and eventually start killing each other.

So true its scary..

"Religion is the source of war"

True spirituality resides in the individual and not in a group of masses

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I would like to know how the heck you came to the conclusion that Solomon and David were black, Colonel. All I know is that he had an affair with a black woman, the queen of Sheba. And according to legend, it's their son who took the ark to what is now known as Ethiopia.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have always wondered, since the bible has no pictures how do we now if he is caucasian? Every picture I have seen of him he is caucasian, except for the black community.

He was neither, he was Jewish...not only in religion, but ethnicity as well. Such a point should be evident....

However, it could be argued, that as the son of God, he is all races, and therefore it is not incorrect to depict him as one race or another, as essentially, he is a brother to us all (at least by Biblical definition)....

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well im getting into this post a little late and I think that I will stay out of this one, but I have one question. What color were the Egytions?

-Dagger

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by Dagger]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think different shades, from brown (like dark latino's or indians) to black.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think Egyptians were anywhere from black to a lighter brown. I'm not sure you could classify them using modern (made up) races.

I do know that Nubians, who are considered "black", took over Egypt and the throne of the Pharoah several times.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Seekerof, the color of Muhammad the Prophet does not matter because there are no paintings or pictures of him in the entire WORLD.

Why? Because Muslims were smart.

Christians #ed up trying to paint Jesus Christ and now people like me and Colonel have to tell idiots like you and Netchicken that Jesus was not a white man as painted, but a black man like the one he was.

lollllllllllllllll

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
1) When Jesus comes back, you will not know him because you have been praying to a false christ.

2) When Jesus comes back, he will not know you because you have been praying to a false christ.

3) It is blasphemous to subsitute the real Son of God for a mortal image of man...then worship it.

ok.....so i made the first point, the 2nd was yours Colonel, and the third is conventional thinking coupled with the first two theorems

12 hours later...after u started the thread, ppl r still arguing about jesus'es skin color....
i like to think he's white, and that's just being honest...since it's been imprinted into my mind ever since birth

he IS a brother to us all, therefore in essence...wouldn't that, in itself, symbolize the pointlessness of arguing about this?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The real crux, and ridiculous nature of this argument, rests on Colonels assertion that "white" Christians won't be accepted when jesus comes back. This is hilarious. I am not a Christian, BUT THERE IS NO SOLID PROOF THAT JESUS WAS BLACK. GET OVER IT. BOTH of you are so obsessed with color that it seems to be blurring your arguments. LOL, Colonel comparing himself to a biblical figure. All of the evidence that both of you have presented is obsolete due to the fact that there is, realistically, no records, paintings, or solid literal evidence pointing out he was black. More than likely he was middle-eastern. You guys really need to get a life.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join