It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just heard a news report of Fox News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I agree, this could have been resolved in a more restrained manner than it has. There must be a dozen different ways this could have been dealt with.
They are usinging an awefully big sledgehammer to crack a small nut, as you say perhaps they were just waiting for an excuse.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I agree with you Relentless I fear for Lebanon and their people.

How can one incident has escalated I can only imagine that it was all a plan to start another conflict in the middle east that would involve Syria and Iran.

What else can it be.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No official link but i did see on Fox news at 8:00 M eastern standard time US, that they were saying that reports "inicate" the missle fired at Israel was from Iran. I cant remember the name of the missle they used. I personally find this hard to believe as if this were indeed true, then Iran would be feeling Israel's wrath unless there is some SERIOUS backdoor diplomacy going on right now in the world-which many think is going on. It depends right now on how bad China & Russia are ready for a big conflict. They are the X factors and can pressure Iran to calm things down.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
We are on the verge of the next world wide incident.

Yes is true.

Now the reason NK and china is brought up is because the relationships between the these countries with Iran.

In a change for oil NK and China supplies with weapons, technology and assistance to Iran.

Occurs the weapons use by Iran if they did indeed launched a missile is going to be NK made or Chinese this doesn't mean that they are involve is just that they are supplied by them.

Yes, but the U.S. media wont mention this. It will just be mentioned as an Iranian missle sold to Lebanon as it is. Though we know that Iranian missles are most likely sold to them from China we can't blame China. This is an Iranian issue but it will start with Syria.

We, as the U.S. will try to get support against Syria (as is deserved) Syria does support Hezbollah as well does Iran.

People the time is now. We must deal with these theocratical nations and fanatics in the middle east! Somthing must be done and the time is now. Please support the U.S. in this crisis.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Do Isreal have any Patriot missile batteries or similer technology available to them? I know they had batteries stationed there during the first gulf war and im sure that there are prob some still stationed in Saudi. If so why was this missile not picked up and destroyed on its way over to Isreal, assuming its trajectory took it over Iraq.
Looking at the likely course of this alleged missile im almost certain that it would have taken it over Iraq and the missile may have been in range of Patriot anti missile batteries in Saudi as well.
But no shootdown. The US has some of the most advanced anti missile tech in the world, if not the most advanced, i find it very unlikely this missile would have been allowed to reach its target if it was fired from Iran. Or are their holes in the Anti Missile protection that you could ....... well ...... fly a missile through?
Or is this a possible false flag op?

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Janus]

Lol, Patriots? The only things those systems can shoot down are RAF Tornado's!

Seriously though, the Patriot missile system is far from effective. My dad worked on them in the British Army and does not rate their effectiveness one iota.

As for the distinction between a terrorist and a Geurilla...

Geurilla: a member of an unofficial military group that is trying to change the government by making sudden, unexpected attacks on the official army forces:

Terrorist: characteristic of someone who employs terrorism (especially as a political weapon); "terrorist activity"; "terrorist state" n : a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities

So, by definition, a Geurilla attacks military targets, where as terrorist will deliberately target civilians.

Now, I know Hezbollah have been firing rockets into Israeli towns, so the distinction gets blurred, but you have to remember that the rockets aren't that accurate and the Israelis do the same.

Hezbollah, historically, have tended to attack military targets and don't follow the typical Hamas MO of suicide attacks against innocents.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
No official link but i did see on Fox news at 8:00 M eastern standard time US, that they were saying that reports "inicate" the missle fired at Israel was from Iran. I cant remember the name of the missle they used. I personally find this hard to believe as if this were indeed true, then Iran would be feeling Israel's wrath unless there is some SERIOUS backdoor diplomacy going on right now in the world-which many think is going on. It depends right now on how bad China & Russia are ready for a big conflict. They are the X factors and can pressure Iran to calm things down.

Im getting a little confused, did the missile come from Iran or from Lebanon. If it came from Iran i can understand the Isrealis bieng sure that Iran did the deed, but if it came from lebanon i fail to see how they can be so sure that the Iranians were the culprits.

At Stu,
Ive heard the stories about the Patriot Missile system, they couldnt hit a barn door from fifty feet with one in the 1st Gulf War but i had thought they had refined the system now and it was more reliable?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
US doesn't have to get into another conflict when the one that is currently involved has not resulted in any stable environment yet.

Just because Israel decides that it wants to get into a A state of war doesn't mean that US has to go running to guard their back side.

Lebanon has done nothing to the US and I question the motives that originated this so called state of war.

Our soldiers are not to be used in conflicts that are not in direct danger to our nation.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Ive heard the stories about the Patriot Missile system, they couldnt hit a barn door from fifty feet with one in the 1st Gulf War but i had thought they had refined the system now and it was more reliable?

My Dad worked on them up to 1999 and even after the refinements, he wouldn't trust it to shoot down anything.

I admit, that's his personal (although Professional) opinion and I expect the system has been upgraded further, but with the new ABM system not able to shoot down it's intended, I wouldn't hold up much hope of the Patriot being that effective.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

US doesn't have to get into another conflict when the one that is currently involved has not resulted in any stable environment yet.

Just because Israel decides that it wants to get into a A state of war doesn't mean that US has to go running to guard their back side.

Lebanon has done nothing to the US and I question the motives that originated this so called state of war.

Our soldiers are not to be used in conflicts that are not in direct danger to our nation.

Your right Marg, Lebanon has nothing to do with the U.S. but it does have EVERYTHING to do with the WORLD.

Someone has to deal with regimes like Hezbollah. Do you know what Hezbollah means? It means the Party of God! Yes, they think they are doing Gods work!

This is not a U.S. crisis, this is a world wide crisis! If the world doesn't deal with this we will all be under the rule of Muslim theocratical nations! Somthing must be done!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I believe it is still possible to stop all this. We should get US leaders, Israeli leaders, Hamas leaders, Hezbollah leaders, Lebanese leaders, Syrian leaders, Iranian leaders, EU leaders, Russian leaders, Chinese leaders, and North Korean leaders, and Japanese leaders and just have a big picnic in the Swiss Alps. Seriously you get my point. This is utterly ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Once again US fail another country that wanted to better itself.

Lebano needed help to get rid of Hezbollah, US knew that and nobody did anything to avoid the country from getting that plague that Hezbollah is within the borders of that country their government is not a strong one.

They should have been pushed were they belong back to Syria.

Now the entire nation of lebano has to pay for the sins of the invaders of their borders.

US policies has not been very good enforcer of security for countries that wanted that security.

Now Israel is to destroy that nation because the plague of the few.

The more I look at it I see that all alone it was nothing than a plan to keep the middle east as a war zone.

No democracy will be born out of destruction.

The entire issue in the middle east with Israel will end with the worst fall out of oil the world will ever see and few will be able to survive.

US produces oil and is the third largest producer of the world but we still depend on foreign oil consumption.

Israel and the US have a pact that US will meet the needs of oil of that nation in case of war or need.

Who will supply our needs for oil if the middle east fall out?

I wonder.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just reported to clarify on Hanity and Clomes Iranian forces attacked Isreal from within the Lebonese borders. They fired a rocket at an Isreali town that Isreal has just struck where they believe the attack originated. This is escelating quickly.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How can you blame Israel Marge?

Hezbollah were the ones that captured the 2 Israel soldiers.

As I said in my previous post, this isn't even about Israel, this is about ending theocracy in the middle east.

The U.S. has no choice but to get involved and if we don't then the possibility of this escalating into a middle east catastrophe that involves all parts of the world is inevitable.

Once again, you can't simply blame the U.S. for this. This ivnolves all the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

If Syria and Iran unite against Israel . . .

Huh? Where have you been?

US will not have any other choice but to get involve.

Why? Isreal has shown they can handle it in the past. This is nothing to them. They'll be the victors again even if all out war breaks out, again.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The only way the US gets involved is if "other powers" also get involved.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Lebano needed help to get rid of Hezbollah, US knew that and nobody did anything to avoid the country from getting that plague that Hezbollah is within the borders of that country their government is not a strong one.

What!

Lebanon claim of ‘no responsibility/foreknowledge’ concerning Hezbollah’s actions are pure bs. Sheik Hassan Nasrallah is giving press conferences in Beirut and Lebanon recognizes Hezbollah as a legitimate resistance group! Hezbollah is heavily entrenched in the Lebanese government, is supported by the Shia community which comprises near 40% of Lebanon’s populace, and was the only remaining militia allowed to exist by the Lebanese government following their civil war. The decision to not disarm Hezbollah and not to gain control of the south is Lebanon’s and not the US's.

Furthermore, the UN has gone as far to allow Lebanon absorb the militant arm of Hezbollah into it military to aid in satisfying UNSC resolution 1559 which requires Lebanon to enforce her authority in her own territory and disarm all local and foreign factions operating on her soil…of which nothing has occurred especially concerning Hezbollah’s military arm.

mg

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

EDIT: I eat my own words... Seems that some shorter range missiles in the Iranian Inventory are in fact derived from NK missiles, although it isn't clear they have any that were actually made in NK...

Source

[edit on 13/7/06 by stumason]

They don't trade missiles, too easy to detect and neutralize. It's technologly that they're trading.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
I was just watching CNN and Wolfe Blitzer just said Iran's President came on Iran State T.V. and warned Iran not to attack Syria or it would cause the entire Islamic world to retaliate.

From an arab run news source.. this is what the Iranian leader said:

Full Article Link

Iran warned Israel against attacking Lebanon's neighbour Syria.

"If Israel commits another act of idiocy and aggresses Syria, this will be the same as an aggression against the entire Islamic world and it will receive a stinging response," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, said in a telephone conversation with his Syrian counterpart Bashar al-Assad.

Ahmadinejad also told Emile Lahoud, the Lebanese president, that "Iran would put all its potential at the service of Lebanon".

"Iran will stay by the side of the Lebanese in the delicate circumstances in their homeland," he said in a separate phone conversation, according to a statement from the Lebanese government.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

US produces oil and is the third largest producer of the world but we still depend on foreign oil consumption.

Yea, but maybe you haven't noticed but folks are dieing and you're worried about the price of gas?

I may be wrong but that's what I'm hearing or atleast reading.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah people are dying, yet that is the way of things and that does not effect me. Why should I feel personal remorse for people that I personally think brought it on themselves... I am more concerned about how much I pay at the pump and how it effects my nations economy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join