It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamworld.. place or creation of the mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
[edit on 13-7-2006 by WTFATS]

link   
I think its a stage where the mind gets creative and creates dreams just as a form of a sign, warning, rememberance, or something you are craving. Some people experience astral projection its when the mind and soul leave the body when your asleep. The body stays asleep but your mind is ful of energy and alive. When you leaving and entering your body you may feel pressure, you can't breathe, you can't move or talk.

link   
I think its a stage where the mind gets creative and creates dreams just as a form of a sign, warning, rememberance, or something you are craving. Some people experience astral projection its when the mind and soul leave the body when your asleep. The body stays asleep but your mind is ful of energy and alive. When you leaving and entering your body you may feel pressure, you can't breathe, you can't move or talk.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A thought that ive had which someone posted... ive never really thought of this but im wondering whether or not when you dream, your consciousness slips out of your body and floats just above you whilst your subconsciousness plays out your dreams and when you become lucid its basically your consciousness blending in with your subconsciousness.. this also might explain why its easier to achieve an OBE whilst in the lucid state. It could also explain why its easier to gain more control of the OBE when you venture further from your body as your consciousnessness isnt so close to your subconciousness.. Theres been times when ive felt myself floating like a feather above my body but at the same time ive been aware that im dreaming.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
I've always thought for a long time that when we dream were looking into an "other" Version of this world, Especially the dreams where youre in a strangely familliar place yet you've never been there in real life.

I have thought that my entire life... almost like a parralel universe, Which i think is why i wake up from nightmares sometimes scared out of my mind not knowing where i am, all i know is i want to get back there (into my dream/nightmare) and finish what was being done. HA i was a bit confused with this thread at first, when it says dreamworld i was thinking as in dream world on the coast of Australia...the theme park.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
the dream state is known as a refuge for the mind to refresh it. by letting the mind go free it refreshes the body and mind because we are not limited to the "reality" we know of but the reality we want to see so this gives people a sense of security and seclusion knowing the fact that we can leave this world for alittle while and feel stress free and not be bogged down by lifes many pressures and just pursue what we most want to see which for some people can be the most relaxing and secure feeling ever.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by MysteryMan666]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteryMan666
the dream state is known as a refuge for the mind to refresh it. by letting the mind go free it refreshes the body and mind because we are not limited to the "reality" we know of but the reality we want to see so this gives people a sense of security and seclusion knowing the fact that we can leave this world for alittle while and feel stress free and not be bogged down by lifes many pressures and just pursue what we most want to see which for some people can be the most relaxing and secure feeling ever.

And nightmares? how can you say they are a refuge for the mind?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I just read this in 'The Interpretation of Dreams'. I quite like this book.

This was an ancient belief of what dreams contain.

"Dreams were divided into two classes; the first class was believed to be influenced only by the present(or the past), and was unimportant in respect of the future; it included the enuknia (insomnia), which directly reproduce a given idea or it's opposite; e.g., hunger or it's satiation; and the phantasmata, which eloborate the given idea phantastically, e.g. the nightmare, ephialtes. The second class of dreams, on the other hand, was determinative of the future. To this belonged:

1. Direct prophecies received in the dream (chrematismos, oraculum);

2. the foretelling of a future event (orama, visio);

3. The symbolic dream, which requires interpretation (oneiros, somnium)"

It's an old theory but I like it.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'll pop this into here rather than making a new thread...

Last night I became lucid and managed to sustain it for as long as I wanted it seemed. Usually I become lucid and make it last for what seems like 10 seconds but this seemed to go on for a good few minutes I was doing my usuall thing where id say to my mates 'you do realise where all dreaming' but at the same time of saying this I also knew that there pro bably not dreaming at all. I hope I can keep this longer lucidity up as it will give me the chance to do a bit more exploring.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I had a lucid dream last night and I looked at my hands really close up again. Apart from the fact that it usually prevents me from waking up I find it so fastanating the amount of detail there is.. I bight my fingers a lot and the ends of my thumbs are quite red and they looked exactly like they do when awake. I also put my hands on the ground and touched it and it felt exactly like it would when awake. I also thought to myself when I was lucid 'if theres an afterlife and this is what its like would I be able to cope with these surroundings' and my answer was a certain yes. I really cant help wonder this sometimes.. if theres an afterlife, I wonder if its just like a continuous lucid dream where you just wonder about exploring your new environment and gradually adjusting to it... just a thought.

ebo

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
If anyone has done any experimenting whilst lucid id love to hear about it btw, its so fastinating to try and do/see the same when im next lucid to see if the same thing happens etc......

Heres something I did the other night when I became lucid. I decided to look at my hands which ive done before and noticed how this time my hands seemed really stiff when I opened them and kind of plastic but they still had all the little details.

I'll share my experience with my last lucid dream, approximately 2 years ago.

As I was falling asleep, I was going through the "normal transition". What I mean by that is I've noticed right before I fall asleep, I am thinking of really random things and/or situations. For example, when I first close my eyes to sleep I am usually thinking about what happened throughout my day and as I start falling asleep, I will start thinking about weird things like chickens mooing or something (just an example.).

Right when I was thinking of this "random thing", I remember thinking "Hey! I'm falling asleep!" and BOOM, I was in full control of my dream.

It was evening and I was in a field with green grass and small hills. There were pine trees spread around. First thing I though of doing ? Flying.

This is where it gets weird.

I would jump off the ground and fly.. yet the longer I was in the air the harder flying became. The harder the flying became the more I concentrated on staying levitated.

At this point of extreme concentration, I felt an enormous discomfort in my head. A huge pressure. Not necessarily painful, but far from pleasant. As soon as I'd land, the discomfort would vanish. This happened each time I flew.

The discomfort was so real to me that I decided not to try flying anymore. I should also note that throughout my dream I experienced the feeling of vibrations in my head, flying or not.

I think it also might be important to note that, after this dream- I went from frequently remembering my dreams, to not remembering any since.

Any input ?

-Ebo

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think dreams can fall into a couple of catagories. Some dreams are the minds way of problem solving issues. A lt of dreams are like this, reoccuring dreams especially.

Some dreams I believe are actual travel. I used to get a lot of dreams of places that were not "earth" at least not the normal physical earth. It could be some kind of intertimensional traveling, like astral traveling. You seem to still be on the planet, but are not in the same reality. This is the place where dream teachers are, or where guides teach lessons. I had one such dream several years ago, where an old man explained to me about earths energy fields and ley lines, it was a rather neat dream because I had never heard of ley lines before, and only a couple of years later I found out that they are supposed to be an actual form of energy.

Lucid dreaming is a very cool and fun subject. In high school I read an article in Omni magazine about how to make yourself lucid dream and I followed the steps and it actually worked. IN that article it said that in order to lucid dream you make a habit out of reading everything twice, especially stop signs, then ask yourself if you are dreaming. What was really interestig is that in a dream, things you read do not say the same thing twice, which I found to be true when I was doing it.
The idea is to read signs twice all the time in day to day travel, so that it becomes a habit and then you will find yourself dong it in dreams, and suddenly it wont say the same thing and you become concious that you are dreaming.

I never had much luck with actually doing to much when I would have a lucid dream, I would end up waking up when I tried to do my own thing, so after a while I just became a concious observer of my own dreams when it would happen. Some times I would get lucky and be able to influence the dreams, but that was rare, but when I was able to...hehe...I had a blast.

Another kind of dream I have, which almost borders on lucid dreams is right before I fall asleep I will find myself in rooms in houses, and I can actually see all the items in the room and sometimes move around until I eventually drift into sleep. I get this alot, almost every other night.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Darkblade71]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
And how about Nightmares?

Since sunday, i've been dreaming whit ghosts.....I do not know what they want to tell me.... One of then sayed "CONTINUE" in the dream that I saw the girl who I love and after I started to run in her direction, everything gets dark and I won't be able to see nothing, so I started to cry figuring that I loose her....so in this moment, the mysterious voice said: CONTINUE.....maybe they want to teel me to not give up of her....

Monday I've dream that I sae a ghost, dressed in a kind of Kimono, looking at me, so someone get in my front and the ghost desapeared

Yesterday I dreaming that me and my friends are in the school, so i've got to go to the bathroom and I saw a gost of a child....

These nightmares are taking place, and I think that they are connected to the urban legend mensioned on the survival horror game Fatal Frame 3. BUT, i'm not dreaming whit the game or the ghosts in there. The ghosts of my dream are completely diferent of the ones in the game.

I'm searching more about the legend, and I didn't find something interesting at all and nothing about the legend interfering in someones dreams.

Anyway, this is awful, someone can help telling me how I can undertand these nightmares? It's almost one week that i've not play this game on my PS2.....but the nightmares start on sunday.

I'm not joking, i'm starting to be scaried about this bizarres nightmares....i do believe that ghosts exists, this is the reason why i'm scaried.

My question is: Did these ghosts are a creation of my mind, or they really want to tell me something? Want to help me on something? Thanks everyone.

Please, forgive my english, I'm from Brazil

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Interesting

Something that I might try the next time im lucid it touching my face.. ive never really thought of doing it before but im gonna my fingers in my mouth and nose and try spitting. It sounds silly but little things like this just makes things more interesting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join