It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeus
People People People...

Here's what I do with these semi-literate Morons....

When a JW comes a-knockin at the door at 10am on a Saturday, I let them in, make them a good strong cup of coffee, then.....start playing with their heads.

I play with THEIR heads too...it's fun.....!!!! Just to see that look on their faces !!!!

You play with their heads? How?? Simple questions?

Iv'e read your strategy and cannot see how it could possibly entertain anyone?
Next time ask them in for a "game of Chess" or show them some of the fascinating posts on "ATS".

Don't let people wind you up...Relax..Don't lower yourself by calling people names.

If we get attacked by Aliens, we Humans need to stick together.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I still like my Satanic preaching method to rattle them....but Skadi and Bangin' showing up at the door naked is a good bet too, hehe...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow guys. This is like a bash fest against a religion...I know a lot of very nice JWs you can't/shouldn't hate a whole people because of some or even most......if we did that, no one would like any of the religions....as for how to not have them bother you at home, I don't have that problem as I just tell them I'm a witch and not interested....that said though, there have been a few that when I tell them that, actually ask if they can stay and talk to me.....when that happens I always tell them yes, and they appear to be very understanding and listen to what I have to say on the subject and the bible.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Wow guys. This is like a bash fest against a religion...I know a lot of very nice JWs you can't/shouldn't hate a whole people because of some or even most......if we did that, no one would like any of the religions....as for how to not have them bother you at home, I don't have that problem as I just tell them I'm a witch and not interested....that said though, there have been a few that when I tell them that, actually ask if they can stay and talk to me.....when that happens I always tell them yes, and they appear to be very understanding and listen to what I have to say on the subject and the bible.

Hi,

I take it you really are a Witch?

I have to say though that has anyone wondered why they come around in their own free time in all weathers and put up with a lot of "door slams" and "abusive language"?

I bet they are glad when they meet someone with an interesting Life, Faith , belief etc.

How do you become a Witch??

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
By every definition, JW is a cult, not a religion imho. It advocates cutting ties with non-believers, brainwashing, conversion, etc.

I too have known some nice (albeit depressed) JWs...but that doesn't mean I see their faith as a religion. Life should be about celibrating life....these people mourn it, in the sole hope of a heavenly afterlife....much as an Egyptian slave would have during the reign of the pharoahs....

Same as any other belief...you learn about it, decide if it fits your view of the way things are, and there you go.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
One of my good friends used to be J.W. That ended for her when she had a baby girl with a heart condition. The child had to have a blood transfusion to save her life and my friend's mom was totally against it. Anyway my friend decided to go ahead with the blood transfusion. The little girl is 7 now. She's doing well so far.
But my friend's family turned their backs on her. None of her family speaks to her or has any contact with her or the little girl. My friend was "disowned" because she wanted her baby to live.
I think it's sad.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
By every definition, JW is a cult, not a religion imho. It advocates cutting ties with non-believers, brainwashing, conversion, etc.

I too have known some nice (albeit depressed) JWs...but that doesn't mean I see their faith as a religion. Life should be about celibrating life....these people mourn it, in the sole hope of a heavenly afterlife....much as an Egyptian slave would have during the reign of the pharoahs....

Same as any other belief...you learn about it, decide if it fits your view of the way things are, and there you go.

With all due respect I think you'll find nearly all JW's hope in life is to stay on the earth in "paradise" or as God intended it to be in the first place.

"God created the earth to be inhabited" by mankind. They believe it was Gods intention to make the earth mankinds permanent home and not heaven.

Each for is own I say whether you want to be a Witch or a Freemason.....

They believe that "Armageddon" is imminent when all wickedness will be destroyed............

If its going to happen ...its going to happen... Time will tell...but then it might be too late

Better to have a "Hope than "Mope"

Also your definition saying they are a "cult" well then Catholics must surely be a cult by your definition also?
-Conversion
-Hellfire (threat of)
-Excommunication

I am not knocking Catholicism just using an Illustration.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Jehovah Witnesses are not racist, although I'm sure there are some racist people in every group on the planet. I have been to many many assemblys .
I stopped in 1998. I saw black people, white people, yellow ect.
Showing love to each other. I loved that part. However....

It can be scary how your mind can manipulated by there doctrine and their love bombing.. But of all the negative things I have seen there, never was there any racism. They do not however look favorably on marriage to someone of another religion. In fact it can be unbelievably draining if you are married to one and leave the religion.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

With all due respect I think you'll find nearly all JW's hope in life is to stay on the earth in "paradise" or as God intended it to be in the first place.

Then why so against ANY kind of celebration? Sorry, but it just doesn't add up. As I mentioned, one of my best friends grew up like that. He wasn't really even supposed to associate with me, but his mom was friends with my mom in high school, so they let it slide a bit...

Still, this was a good kid, but ALWAYS depressed. How would YOU feel seeing all the kids on the block riding bikes after Christmas, or hearing the laughter of a birthday party next door, knowing that could never be you. What kind of religion would preach such doom and gloom? No religion, only a cult would do that. It's borderline ABUSE the way these kids are treated....just as little chore doers.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Years ago, I worked with a couple JW's. One of them was not practicing. Anyways, she wanted some birthday cake and hid out in the women's bathroom to eat it. Well, another JW caught her and turned her in to some council or something. She had to do 2 weeks of evening classes to learn the errors of her ways.

She wound up quitting and her mother was hired on. Her mother told me that her daughter had gotten pregnant (with the guy out of the picture) and the church had booted her. The mother looks right at me and says the only reason she is still talking to her daughter is for the baby's sake otherwise she would have booted her as well.

There were so many things I wanted to say, but was too shocked to say anything.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I first met Viki when she applied for a clerical position where I was supervisor of the dept. During the interview she told me she was JW. She assured me this would not interfer with her job.

And it never did. No she didn't celebrate any holidays with the office personal. She would not accept a Christmas bonus. She did not talk religion at work and she was a honest and ethical worker. A hard worker who put in a days work for her paycheck. She was always pleasant and easy to get along with everyone.

Now we both have left that place of employment and are retired. She shows up about every month or so with a new bunch of JW. I invite them in they talk, I talk....everything is OK

I am a strong practicing Catholic and Viki knows that. Mother Angelica has told us that when the JW come trying to convert us that we should turn the tables on them. I do know my Bible pretty good. So I tell them how what we believe is different. It does lead to some interesting discussions. But when I hear...."Your translation is incorrect". I feel that I have won.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join