It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush is merely a puppet? If so, time for action American people.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Aye, good points zorgon.

If indeed the prez is a puppet and our government is corrupt, then just what exactly can we do about it? Even if it got to the point of assassinating those in control, someone else would just take their place. Names change but the faces stay the same.

Everyone's always saying "wake up", "take action", etc. Just what kind of action are we supposed to take??? We should come at such issues with logic, not emotion.

All we can do is hope, unless V is out there somewhere.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
The debate is ongoing as to whether a majority of American voters actually voted Dubya into office. Any further comment will drive this thread to PTS, so I will shut up now.

Yeah I know. And sorry to put you into fits of editing. I realized to late that it might open that can of worms..

Forgot to add....I think Dubya is a puppet with corporate interests pulling his string.

But really, hasn't that applied to most of our polititians? They serve a few years and have to make plans for there careers after politics? I thought that was the American way? Or am I being naive?

Or, he does the bumbling idiot act better than Jerry Lewis. Edit to add: Maybe it could be discussed as a conspiracy, even with the partisan attributes.

This gets my vote. Like em or hate em, he is not stupid! Perhaps your right. With America glued to their armchairs perhaps it is a new conspiracy to lull the masses. [Seems to be working too]

My pet theory is that boards like this are a conspiracy to keep conspiracy nuts [meant with affection] locked up in here with never ending debate so they won't mess around in the real world.

Hmmm now there is a thread....[ducking the rotten veggies from the mods
]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

But really, hasn't that applied to most of our polititians? They serve a few years and have to make plans for there careers after politics? I thought that was the American way? Or am I being naive?

i would agree, and i would not call you naive for thinking so, however i think imo that you may have lost hope in the face of evil. you've seen some amazing things happen at the hands of those we know now will never be held responcible, why would you not believe that this is the way it is and there is nothing the people here or there can do about it.

this economic system can never be fixed because it is entirely based on consumerism and advertisments for corporations. How do you fix that? How do you make money off of human knowledge in a capitalist society? you come up with new products that fit in ex. lightbulbs that burn out, vacumes that need new bags or filters, fuel sources that need constant re-energizing, cheap resources, lower cost manufacuring... you get the drift.

We are supposed to be educating ourselves, but we all know how much our school public school system sucks. The books i studied from were writen in the 60's. I guess we learned all we needed to know back then to make a system as primative as this work.

all of what i said may have gave you the impression that i think it is hopeless, but on the contrary, i'm extremely hopefull.

Originally posted by Kruel
Aye, good points zorgon.

If indeed the prez is a puppet and our government is corrupt, then just what exactly can we do about it? Even if it got to the point of assassinating those in control, someone else would just take their place. Names change but the faces stay the same.

i guess we need politicians that are willing to risk assasination in order to correct some of the mistakes that have been made by the spineless ones like the bush's.
assasination does change things, that is why all of the good people get assasinated. good people are not willing to assasinate bad people, they would rather fight one on one, which is impossible under the rule of law. so evil wins because it is willing to break the laws that good is bound to. i guess we just let them kill themselves eventually.

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.
John Adams

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
my answer is B, but I think the American people can do more to influence what the government does, but have become complacent and don't seem to care.
We all can vote to influence the direction of the government. Public opinion polls
seem to get a reaction from the president, and if that does'nt work we have
the right to protest publicly what we want changed. The difference lies in doing something about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I do believe this president to be a puppet, and there's a sub-government running things. I also think this has been the case for many years.
The sub-government decided now is the time for certain things to happen. What better delivery vehicle than Bush? He's a willing participant and his strings appear to be easily pulled. What other president would have called himself "The Decider"?
Think about this. President Bush is perrrrrfect for the part.

OK. So which is it for GWB? On one thread, you're calling him a dictator. And then on another thread he's a "generalissimo". BTW, both of these descriptions would have Bush evil and calling all the shots. Now, on this thread, he's merely a puppet with no power to call any shots.

So, tell us. How do you really feel about GWB?

My answer is a modified version of A. The president is calling the shots allowed by the Constitution and not specifically given to the other two branches of government.

[edit on 7/11/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The "uknown entity" would be banks and corporate interests. Kennedy put the power to issue currency back into the hands of the US government when he passed the executive order allowing our currency to be put back on a gold and silver standard from our reserves. And he didn't live to tell about it. To this day, our money is still not backed by a damned thing, and the "Federal Reserve" consists of a bunch of corporate entities.

That's power. President of the US hinders the agendas of these institutions, and he is removed from power in one way or another.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I don't believe Bush to be a puppet. Far form it. He probably is not working alone and has many co-conspirators. One thing that is evidently clear however, we must get the Bush Administration out of office, and restore our Constitutional Rights!

The longer the current Administration is in power, the less Rights we as Americans will have.

Just my 2 cents.

Mechanic 32.

edit to add...

If you look at all the connections to G. W. Bush, and his brother and father G. H. W. Bush, you will know what I'm talking about, and where I'm coming from. The Bush clan are implicated in issues going back to the 1960's.

Hello Mechanic 32

You observations or feelings respecting this is quite accurate.

Bush is not alone. He is being led by the Same Master as the Dem Pres Rep (J Kerry), from the last election. This is the delemia you truely face.

The "Government" is a complete ruse in the U.S.A. Niether Rep or Dem Leaders bow to the Electorate. They bow to the Prince of this World and do his bidding.

So, I expect, the sooner you remove this administration, the next will continue the scams at the same pace.

You are coming to the point where Nominations for the respective parties are to build. FOLLOW the MONEY. It is the Root of ALL EVIL, and also the indicator of who is in control.

My suggestion is a simple one. If it has not yet been published, seek it out. Get the Bilderburgers Guest list and look for two new faces in the Crowd. One Dem and one Rep. These will be the Presidental Canidates, and they both will have that same old serpent for a Master.

This is the best I can locate.

www.gatago.com...

Have a look, and see any fresh faces?

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A). He agree with all the bankers decisions, he's a part of them. He's in controle but he like what he does, enslaving americans.

So yes he have the final word on it but he doesn't care because he's a part of the shadow government and remember that Bohemian Grove begins next week!

[edit on 11-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Bush, puppet or not, what does it matter?
I really don't understand why everyone is so pro democracy.
What is really so good about democracy? It's prooven itself to be flawed on many occasions. In democracy the elected officials care less about the people or nation than in a facist or communist nation, its sick, really it is. All the elected officials care about is getting votes so they can get $ for themselves. You don't really believe they want in office so they can help the nation do you?!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
bush is not dumb.

i base this on his campaigns for governor of texas. i dont recall himstuddering the way he does now, he developed this speach disfunction when he started selling other peoples ideas instead of his own. he is obviously controlled like everyother prime minister or president, because corporations are the biggest contributor to campaign funding. if campaign money was stricktly confined to tax dollar budgets, and no politition gets more than the other, then i could see democracy working. but when it comes down to it big business is the deciding factor, it decides governing bodies and it makes or breaks the economy, it manipulates what sectors people seek higher education in depending on business projected growth.

there is a city near where i live called the 'corporation of delta' i have no idea why, but i dont see anyreason why the US should not be called the corportation of america legally. does it not run like a corporation on the continent of america?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I've found a blog about the facts concerning those that really rule the United States and most of the world.

truthaddictsanon.blogspot.com...

Copy-paste the whole text into Word, then read it. As it's annoying to the eyes on the blog.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by TheBandit795]

Great link. If those facts are correct, then a vast coordinated intervention on the part of the American public is desperately needed right now...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Just how do you propose we "take back" the government? Huh?

How? We're doing it right now... Awarness is the key. Discussion is paramount. Knowledge is power... That's why "they" rely on secrecy to advance their agenda; Most people are in the dark and have no idea that things are not as they seem, which is exactly how "they" are allowed to get away with it... BUT as more and more people become aware, the anger will swell and 300 million Americans will not allow "their" plan to succeed.

Unfortunately for "them" the advent of the internet has forced "them" to put their plan into overdrive. The internet has now allowed the quick exchange of ideas, and as a result, there is a potential for complete exposure of what "they" really are.

So, it's a race! "They" need to implement their plan before "we" catch onto what they're up to.

Now one question... just what has the Gov done to you personally that makes you feel we need to "take it back"? I mean if its that bad that you want it torn down, maybe you might want to consider relocating?

The government is good? Love it or leave it? Wow.

Are you suggesting that if there is some secret "entity" running America, that nothing should be done about it just because you can't identify anything specifically that they've yet "done to you personally"?

That IMO is an extremely short-sighted view.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by openfire]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Now one question... just what has the Gov done to you personally that makes you feel we need to "take it back"? I mean if its that bad that you want it torn down, maybe you might want to consider relocating?

First off, no, I am not advocating Anarchism. I'd rather die than see the country dissolve into such a barbaric and moronic institution of government. The declaration of Independence clearly states that if a government is deemed wrong by it's people, then it is the people's right and responsibility to overthrow said government and install what they think is a more formidable one. What am I saying? The democratic government that we're 'supposed' to have, under the guidelines written out by our forefathers. Not what we have now - a cesspoll of corruption and puppets operating to keep their secret dealings out of the headline news(where they should be).

What has the government done to me personally? Well, I am a mild 'inside job' thinker, so that's #1. The government in place right now has stripped me of several rights and freedoms I am supposed to have despite everything. My privacy may be in jeopardy everytime I pick up my phone. My right to do anything to myself as long as it does not interfere with someone else's freedoms is nonexistant if I were ever to be caught smoking marijuana.

Why should I relocate? I love my country. I love what it was based on, and I love the idea of how it was supposed to be 225 years after we officially became a country. I just despise everything that the corrupt minds chasing after a dollar and undeniable world power have done to it.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Aye, good points zorgon.

Everyone's always saying "wake up", "take action", etc. Just what kind of action are we supposed to take??? We should come at such issues with logic, not emotion.

All we can do is hope, unless V is out there somewhere.

As I pointed out in my previous post, something can be done.

Educate the masses, and the rest will sort itself out.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by julianvstheworld
... The declaration of Independence clearly states that if a government is deemed wrong by it's people, then it is the people's right and responsibility to overthrow said government and install what they think is a more formidable one. What am I saying? The democratic government that we're 'supposed' to have, under the guidelines written out by our forefathers. Not what we have now - a cesspoll of corruption and puppets operating to keep their secret dealings out of the headline news(where they should be).

That's the point that people need to focus on.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by openfire]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I do believe the president is making some decisions like what he will have for dinner, or what tie he will wear. But major stuff like running a country, he has no clue. He was and may still be an alcoholic, (the time he choaked on a pretzel and fell over and hit the couch on his ranch) that was a alcohol related episode, "rumors" of past coc aine abuse (but they are just rumors) there were rumors of Bill Clintons coc aine abuse, businesses fell apart under his leadership and continues today. Why break the trend.
The smart people don't let him make the decisions, they let him think he does, but in the end Daddy Bush and friends are calling all the shots.He will go down as the worst president the U.S. has ever had, Jimmy Carter a close second.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BartIV
I do believe the president is making some decisions like what he will have for dinner, or what tie he will wear. But major stuff like running a country, he has no clue.

LOL... I don't even think he makes those decisions.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
LMAO!!! Time for action?!

TIME FOR ACTION WAS WHEN YOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET HIM OUT LAST TIME!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The question of Pres. Bush being a puppet is not really of much consequence at this point. We as a nation are too far gone for that to matter. Where was the concern when the first term elections went soo horribly wrong, the Florida recounts and the blatent dissregard for tradition and the rights of the people? We complained and whined a bit, and then everything was back to the status quo. Several months later, we were shocked and horrified by the tragic events of September 11. Conspiracy or not, that was a terrible act, but we blindly accepted what we were told and let our lust for revenge lead us prematurely into an even deeper creek....( WITHOUT A PADDLE )
Several years later, we find ourselves still embroiled in the fighting in Iraq but we listen when told to stay the course. The casualties rise and our economy falls, yet we have no made any signifigant strides towards change, or common sense for that matter. In fact, we even returned to the polls at the end of Pres. Bush's first term and he proceded to win the election with no questions this time. We sat stunned, "How could this happen?" we asked ourselves. Knowing the reality was that WE LET IT HAPPEN....AGAIN!
Now, here we sit with a new Presidential race on the horizon and Bush soon to be out of office no matter what we believe he may , or may not have done while in office. The question is not whether or not he is a puppet, that is obvious. The real question is what are we going to do next time?
The real puppet masters are far greater than we may want to realize, but no matter; if the people of the world are ready to roll up our sleeves and get a little dirty, then there is no obsticle we cannot overcome, and no foe we cannot defeat.
The fact is, politicians are elected by the people, but serve the corporations...they are the few, we are the many. If we want real change then it will come in more places than just the voting booths of our Great Democratic Nation. It must come at the cash register as well. We must refuse to be pawns in the global monopoly game and demand that the bank cash in, or else we must cash out.
When we take more fiscal responsibility and monitor our spending as much as we monitor who Jessica Simpson is sleeping with this week ( UNFORTUNATELY IT'S NOT ME) then we can give the real control back to the people for whom it was intened and away from the paper pushers and lobby'ist and their secret agendas.

OR HAVE I JUST HAD TOO MANY BEERS TODAY????

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Whether George Bush is a puppet or not is practically of no consequence.

We all know that because of the money required to win an election, every politician takes office with "people" behind him. There are always strings, but the question is how hard are those strings going to be pulled?

The problem with this administration, (and yes, this has all the earmarks of a real "conspiracy" in case the political police are watching), is that George Bush doesn't care whether you think he's a puppet or not. In fact, he's gone to almost no effort to try to hide the fact that corporate interests, specifically in the Energy Industry, are really calling the shots in his Administration. He knows that we know, and HE JUST DOESN'T CARE.

And this worries me almost more than anything else. He's handed the reins of power and he's saying "You can't stop me." And the fact is, he may be right. He's right that is, up to the point where Americans who believe in the principles upon which their country was founded decide that they will have to fight to protect those principles.

I'm not referring to a metaphoric fight, either. I'm talking about the kind of fight where people get hurt. Our forefathers had to make the decision, and today, that decision falls to us.

When the media is owned and operated for the benefit of corporate interests and the powerful, when the very VOTING BOOTHS are owned by people who have sworn to serve those same interests, elections just aren't going to get the job done. Op-ed columns aren't going to get the job done. Blogs won't do it either, unfortunately.

The good news is that a shift is occurring in Americans. People are starting to realize just how badly fooled they were 5 years ago, and it's starting to make them mad. Bastille Day was a few weeks ago, and it just may be that the powerful in this country may need another lesson in the meaning of Liberty.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join