It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'M BACK!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I have been well.......busy for bit......but I came by for a short visit.

I would like to state my candidate support for the 2008 election.

At this point, it is not McCain

I would like to see NEWT get it for now, but that could change, I really like that congressman Torentino or something, but alas I have not been able to follow whats going on to the degree that I was a few months ago...

Did you miss me?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I would be for a Newt Campaign. Bush is no conservative and it's exceedingly difficult to lead a conservative movement when your party has a leader already and he's not a conservative. Newt is a conservative and had the opportunity to prove his leadership against a Dem Admin and legislature. Before he was done we took took the legislature and soon after the whitehouse. That's what I'm talking about. And the next 1 or 2 justices as well...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I missed you, Ed! I'm glad you're back! It's good to see you posting again.

I hope you're well.

Sorry I didn't comment on the candidate, but my momma always told me, if you can't say something nice...

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks.

Actually I would like to see ME in there, but alas, I would be unelectable.

Osama and Kim Jung Ill would be peeing in their pants.

meanwhile I will just continue as I am............. doing my small part....

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Hello everyone, I have been well.......busy for bit......but I came by for a short visit.

Welcome back! We've missed you.

I would like to state my candidate support for the 2008 election.

I would like to see NEWT get it for now, but that could change, I really like that congressman Torentino or something, but alas I have not been able to follow whats going on to the degree that I was a few months ago...

Newt is a very intelligent man, and I would like to see him run. The other person you mentioned is Tom Tancredo, US Rep. from Colorado.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Welcome back Ed!

I agree with you about McCain. A moderate would not go over to well with most Republicans.

Newt Gingrich would be to good to be true! We can only hope! Tancredo is gaining nationwide recognition, and could be a major player.

The only thing we can really count on is the Democrats throwing out another loser!

Hillary, ALGORE, or Kerry, hopefully one of these treasures will be the candidate!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I propose a Gingrich - Tancredo ticket. That would be a winner.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Did you miss me?

Yes, I did.
It's been too quiet in PTS without you

As far as the ticket, I have no suggestions. The current aroma within the Beltway is putting me off politics....almost.
Both sides needs housecleaning very badly.

I think no one who has run or is related/married to anyone who has run should be allowed to run tough
That includes VP contenders.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well I have been gone so long that the rules must have changed or something. I just got banned for 2 days from ATS for what I believe to be a tulipwalker comment.

I was complementing someone on a sig and wham. Oh well Its SO's board and rules are rules.

One more and I will be banned permanently. It is not worth the risk to me, as I just love to come read the 'lollipop world view' and get a few laughs. It really scares me that people like that are still around.

History has taught them no lessons, yet again.

I had missed coming in here for months like you wouldn't believe. I finally get some Internet access for a brief time and I do not like what I have found. It has changed. Maybe for the good in someoness eyes, but in my mind, it was always a battle worth fighting. I mean why not the flags anymore? Hell, I wore some with well earned honor. I mean you loose your temper once in a while, now just 2 shots, that's it. Sad.

I never backed away from a good argument here, not once, and yet even out numbered 50-1, I loose in the long run yet again.

Later..............

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I would like to see NEWT

Others have noted that he is perhaps rather viable.

www.newsday.com...

Inside the mind of Newt Gingrich:[...]
And as for immigration, I was one of the first to see the importance of border control. Even before 9/11, I argued for a Department of Homeland Security. [...]
Back in March I had said the Democrats could recapture Congress by using a two-word slogan: "Had enough?" [...]And now the Pelosi Democrats, proving again that they have no ideas of their own, have taken my advice[...]"During her speech to the liberal group Campaign for America's Future this week, Pelosi asked the crowd, "Have you had enough?'"[...]

the Dems should have wondered, why didn't I, Newt, use it in 1994 when I led the Republican campaign to recapture Congress? Well, 12 years ago, I didn't use just two words; I laid out an ambitious 10-item agenda, "The Contract With America." That's why the Republicans won - they had the better vision. And I articulated it. Meanwhile, if the Democrats draw their inspiration from the 1940s, the GOP will be OK in November.

An interesting article.

However, I suspect we'll see something like a Frist Ticket, and before long a Santorum Ticket. The GOP is enslaved to its religious right, and would need guys like that to at least be on the ticket if not fronting it.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The Usual Suspect

I'm Gone Again!

"And poof. Just like that, he's gone."

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ed,

Good to hear from you. Evenings just havent been the same without you!

So, take your antitulipwalker signs down, your Coulter sig down, and start posting nice. I look forward to you being here again.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What DG said!

Ed, you have such a delightful sense of humour. It would be a shame to deprive us of it.

And I'm not even being sarcastic.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
What DG said!

Ed, you have such a delightful sense of humour. It would be a shame to deprive us of it.

I like Ed. I know what you mean.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe, much like Anne Coulter, Ed Singer is misunderstood
Anne Coulter is Misunderstood

Is dgtempe going to vote Gingrich/Frist in '08?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The difference is that Ed makes me laugh.

I was so surprised to see a thread dragged out of the depths of my subscribed list with a post from Ed. I responded and got a classic witty Edsinger post, complete with reference to France.

Once again, all was right in my world.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Hmm, maybe, much like Anne Coulter, Ed Singer is misunderstood
Anne Coulter is Misunderstood

Is dgtempe going to vote Gingrich/Frist in '08?
I dont know...Is Bush leaving?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
What DG said!

Well apparently not all feel that way. I am 'hog tied' in my quest to enlighten.

Maybe its for the best.......But I sure as heck missed it the 9 months I was gone, thats for sure.

And to think I was toned done even..........

A politically correct edsinger is a oxymoron, wouldn't ya think?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

A politically correct edsinger is a oxymoron, wouldn't ya think?

I seem to recall that a politically correct edsinger is one of the signs of the Apocolypse. A little known sign, to be sure, but a sign nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ed Singer, don't take the PTS restriction as much of a restriction. Everyone knows that politics can be a distraction from teh real issues, it happens with people from the left and the right all the time. ATS is for conspiracy theory, and over time petty political arguments have become a distraction, with people responding to straightforward conspiracy discussions with the likes of 'bush is border line mentally disabled *pwnd*!!!111!!" or "gore is a puss-bag dimwit flame flame ". As the board has gotten bigger, its been happening more, hence, strictures like this.

But why take it as a problem? In PTS, you can have the real deal political discussions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join