It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lights going out when you walk under them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hi this has been happening to me since the beginning of the year sometime in Januaray and it started with different times of the night after classes I would leave thinking deeply about things and if I were to look up at a light and when i passed right below it it would go off, this had happened so often it was a nightly occurance and eventually i was trying to do it myself but only worked a couple of times. Also when I would walk across campus the lights on the campus would go out under I walked under them one time it was 3 in a row and completely freaked me out. Again this happened only at night and a few times someone was in the car and it happened and they were even like thats weird and how they never saw a light just go out on the street like that.

But after about 3 months of this happening I met my now boyfriend and he ended up telling me before I even told this to him, that this used to happen to him when he would be driving or in the car with a friend this would happen also on different streets but the same deal. It was ineteresting because we were both going through a breakup at the same time so i thought maybe because we both were thinking about life and love in general good or bad, because soon after we hooked up it took about a week and I rarely had it happened.

Then what happened was about 2 weeks ago after a huge conflict it started happening again to us even though things got resolved. This started happening not every day but once in a while and only when we were in the car together in fact this happened last night to us and the weird thing was we were driving together and he was pointing to a parking lot on the other side of the streets there was some fancy Lambo or something but any way when he pointed the street lamp in front of the parking lot exactly where he was pointing to turned off i mean like split second when he pointed to it...that freaked us both out and thats why I had to try to look into this further.

I had spoken to a divination/cosmologist that I heard of and he said way back when this was happening when I was single that it had to do with your souls energy trying to tell you something like a sign of impending news, change, or something good or bad. I dont know if i believe that but def strange since every one i told this too has never seen or noticied it

So yeah thats what I have heard of but I am definetly glad were not the only ones this happened to

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by signaltonoise

the same thing happens to me as well usually im with somone though me and my friend michelle would walk under a light over by my house and it would turn off
we decided to do an excperment with it i got two of my other friends to walk under the light with out me and michelle they did and well nothing happend then we went and two poff the lights went off we did this every 5 minutes.
and i can some what predict what lights are going to go off
others they just happen without me even knowing

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

the same thing happens to me as well usually im with somone though me and my friend michelle would walk under a light over by my house and it would turn off
we decided to do an excperment with it i got two of my other friends to walk under the light with out me and michelle they did and well nothing happend then we went and two poff the lights went off we did this every 5 minutes.
and i can some what predict what lights are going to go off
others they just happen without me even knowing

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
For a few years now, whenever i walk or drive underneath or near street lights early morning/night or late at night, quite frequently they turn off and then when i am atleast 50m away they turn back on again. lately i havent been noticing it happen as much outside but it has been happening now even when i am inside a house, the mmost recent time it happened was the other day when i was at the shopping centre and i was sitting under some lights when all of a sudden they turned off but kept flickering on and off untill i got up and left, why is this happening it is kinda freaking me out??

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I attribute it to synchronicity such as the whole 11:11 thing, lights heat up and turn off, but we end up being in sync with the timing to give the illusion it is us, I believe it's just order out of chaos. Happens to me all the time.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fear_the_Sheeple

that is a crazy coindidence that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. latley my life has been seeming to be changing but in a good way so many crazy and positive things have happned lately. ive been having strange feelings of having a peacful understanding of the world, its something like the "magical feeling you experienced. and since i can remember getting these feelings, every night driving home from wherever i am, im feeling good after a good night, and at least one street light goes off as i pass under it. it happens so often it just convinces me it cant be coindidntal. it made me curious enough to acutally look it upp on google which brought me here!. soemthings going on this world...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I have created a bebo group for anyone who wishes to join so we can create a community feeling and exchange expreiences www.bebo.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

wow weird

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

wow weird

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Same thing use to happen to my fiance. I think it is SLIders.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I have been monitoring how often this happens to me for about 2 years now, And if i am driving during the night for more than about 20 minutes, almost every single time i see a light turn out as i drive under it. As i was driving home tonight i decided to do a bit of research and i'm surprised to see that it happens to other people. I'm often in different moods when it happens, so i don't think it has anything to do with emotion, But i do believe that it is a very true phenomenon, but nothing spooky or supernatural, just some weird trick the human brain pulls off sometimes.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Sure enough.

Count me amongst the masses in this thread whom experienced this first hand. I have no good explanation to offer.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
[I'm so glad to see i'm not the only one having this happen. For about a year now there's one particular street light that goes out every single time I'm near it. It doesn't matter what time of day it is. Then it started happening with another one in my work parking lot and my coworkers are starting to think I'm a bit odd, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've had it happen too; when I was a teenager was the first time I noticed it. But about ten years later, me and a couple of friends would drive home every night from work and nearly every time we went under this certain streetlight it would go out.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This used to happen to me just about daily around 9 years ago. I was a very negative person and it seemed the more frustrated or angry I was, the more lights would go out as I would pass them, or computers would quit working, I had electrical issues in all my cars, cameras wouldn't work etc. I have NEVER, since I was very young, been able to wear any type of watch. I have about 6 of them in my jewelry graveyard. It only takes about 24 hours for them to stop on me. My Grandmother has the same problem.

I have grown and matured over the years and become a much more outgoing, positive person and have not noticed electronic failures as I did in the past. I have not tried wearing a watch recently as I have gotten used to NOT wearing one and just don't have the desire to. I should give it a try though, just to see what would happen these days.

I wasn't the only one to notice this phenomenon when it was occurring on a consistent basis. My ex-fiance would comment about it and tell our friends because it was quite noticeable.

[edit on 12/19/2008 by EarthFairie]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Raven18

I know your post is an older one but I just had the notion to look to see if anyone else out there was having some of the same occurrences that I have been having I also affect lights, electronic equipment and can't wear any type of watch either within a week the watch quits working even the real expensive ones. I have always seen 1111 also every time I look at a clock or any grouping of numbers from house numbers to receipt totals etc. Here lately the light thing has been a real issue. I do believe it is way more than bulbs just getting hot so for this week I did several tests I have taken 3 different people with me on 3 different nights in a row to watch what happens when I step toward or under a light. I have walked under 3 and even 4 at a time and they have all went out. I have even had the occurrence this week of going to a restaurant and sitting at a table where the light hangs over the table me sitting down and telling my friend watch this and it come on.. I have freaked most of my friends out completely. One even asked if I was some sort of a witch..LOL but to answer another question to this post YES I AM AN AQUARIUS... Just coincidence??? I don't think so...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i had heard of this phenonmenom because this seemed to happen to me quite often. so last night i noticed five street lights went out in a half mile area from my house as i drove near or under i circled back and three went back on as i returned the other two illuminated... is this normal?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I had this problem off and on. I never figured it out at the times it happened often - but now, looking back - it was usualy in times of high stress (not bad stress nessisarily). And often when the emotions are running high in a good way (love).

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I also wonder why street lights go out when I drive or walk under them. My first thought is that I am the one and I am special and somehow this is supposed to make sense. My second thought is that maybe lights go out all the time and the chances of one going out in my presence is decent to happen every one in a while. I go back and fourth between these two Ideas. Maybe someday I will get an answer . Someday if every light that I pass under goes out I will really start to wonder, but one every week or so, I don't think I would be alarmed.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

lol
I use to walk for a few hours every night around and around the nieghborhood accross the street from me. At first I thought the lights were like motion detector or soething - and messed up. Around and around I'd go - the lights wuold go on or off as I neared. Not every one, but I'd say seeing 4 in a night wasn't uncommon.

Not happining now though. Only for my own light near the driveway - it IS messed up though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join