It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lights going out when you walk under them

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I used to wonder about this as it always happened to me. Now, I'm skeptical. High Intensity Discharge light bulbs will cycle over and over when the bulb is starting to die. This means the bulb will turn turn off and on each time the ballast restarts the light. This can happen fairly fast or extremely slow. For myself, the lightbulb moment (pun intended) was when I observed the lights in question for some time, they cycled (turned off and on) whether I was passing near them or not at semi-regular intervals. And of course, the streetlights that didn't have dying bulbs never went out whether I was near them or not. I've heard others in my life making similiar claims about having some strange powersucking ability over streetlights before, but whenever I was a witness to it, it was the same thing... streetlights that were cycling because the bulb was starting to die.

So I remain skeptical, and I challenge anyone who makes these claims to post a video of themselves displaying their 'powers'. I believe it's merely one of those brain-time coincidence things were you begin to take notice of something because you think the coincidence is important somehow. Like the 11:11 thing.. it's just our inner clock that we've programmed to take notice. It's why I can wake up 1 minute before my alarm goes off, every single morning. So now you have people who think they zap streetlights because a streetlight (usually the same one(s) as validated in this very thread by other peoples streetlight zapping experiences) goes off when they walk/drive under it, so every time it happens now it becomes confirmation for them. I suggest you watch the light(s) in question. They will cycle whether you're near it or not. And the ones that don't, they don't seem to be going off when you're near them, do they?

I could be wrong, but until someone posts a video of them zapping precessions of streetlights in various random public places, I'll remain skeptical. The whole thing doesn't make sense in a variety of different ways, anyway.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That is exactly the healthy amount of skepticism everyone should approach things like this with.

I don't have a camcorder, and to be honest I've hardly experienced the phenom lately, but then I'm also not out so late so often as I once was.

It is, of course, not proof, but I can say that the entire streets that once turned off for me in succession at my passage were literally several streets (said another way, several hundred yards) down from where I lived at the time and while I did notice the lights occasionally turning off away from my presence it never happened as a procession down the street unless I happened to be walking underneath.

Again, I recognize this is far from substantial evidence for the healthy skeptic, it is simply an example of why I am so convinced.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
Each and every one of you take your video cameras and go out and show me. I am not joking, if this is a constant record it...

Enter: I don't have a cam, my phone died, my dog ate it. =)

We should have about 20 vids on the way, I too am very interested in seeing this. It should be very easy to document going by what I've read in this thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

Originally posted by TheRemedial
Each and every one of you take your video cameras and go out and show me. I am not joking, if this is a constant record it...

Enter: I don't have a cam, my phone died, my dog ate it. =)

We should have about 20 vids on the way, I too am very interested in seeing this. It should be very easy to document going by what I've read in this thread.

*Sigh*...No Takers?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I'd give a little more time before assuming no takers. I don't have a video camera but if I did I would have a video up as soon as possible, so I'm sure others are intending to, but you have to consider it's not always practical to have one's video camera every time it might happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirRebrl
reply to post by BLKMJK

I'd give a little more time before assuming no takers. I don't have a video camera but if I did I would have a video up as soon as possible, so I'm sure others are intending to, but you have to consider it's not always practical to have one's video camera every time it might happen.

It's been 2 weeks, any luck with the video evidence?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by signaltonoise

that has happeed to my dad alot, certain ligths if they are flickering always seem to go out when he walks by them, and also whenever he wore a watch it would crap out on him. as for the streetlights there is a technical term for this known as sli(street light interference) not really recognized by the science community though, there are several people who claim to have it, my best guess is there is something about them that causes them to give off extremly weak emp signalswhich can short out electronics temperairly

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I do a lot of driving and it happens to me a lot. In a series of streetlights one is bound to go off when I pass by. First I was really curious why this is happening.

I explain it to myself in this way:
Streetlights have light sensors (I presume). When you drive by one of them it goes off because your headlights create enough light to trick the sensor into daytime. Only some sensors are faulty or oversensitive so it only happens on certain streetlights.
If you are on foot and you pass under it could just be you are reflecting enough light back to the sensor that it goes off. It could also be your height.. the top of your head shortens the length the light has to travel and the sensor directly above gets flooded by light.

I don't really know how streetlights work. does each have a sensor or is there one sensor for the whole series, OR is there a timer set for the sunrise/set. I stopped wondering.

Maybe your head chakra and the chakra on your cars roof is releasing massive energy bursts.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I am an Aquariun and a s.l.i.d.e.r
I will get in line or raise my hand for this one.............

try using s.l.i.d.e.r on your ATS search on this subject it is a vastly covered one......

[edit on 5-7-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

Hey river goddess, Can you definitively say that you experienced SLI before your first - ever - OBE, and before you were interested in Astral Projection??
edit on 6/7/2011 by Inkrinhuminge because: Grammar sounded incompetent, now it is just confusing

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I know this old, but I was hoping to find some help with this? It's starting to annoy me and my family, they actually have banned me from touching light switches because I blow all the lights in the house. One of them actually joked that I should start wearing rubber gloves. We have had an electrician come out 3 times! and each time they said there is nothing wrong with the wiring. It usually happens only once in a while but lately it's been happening a lot more then we want it to happen. I am getting tired of having to buy light bulbs ever couple of weeks. I have noticed when I touch the light switch that causes all the other lights in the home to blow you can hear a zip sound that happens JUST before I make contact with the light switch, it does not happen to anyone else in my family, and I have been trying to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, I was walking through the park to get to the train station, and four successive street lights turned off as I walked under them, really weird.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join