It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lights going out when you walk under them

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by signaltonoise

I thought i was the only one this was happening to, I've been trying to figure out for years what's going on people i tell think i'm crazy so i don't mention it much. Everywhere i go it happens and i don't know what it means... looking for`an answer

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I also cause SLI... i was jsut reading this topic because its beeen happening for many years of my life, a thought came to my mind. one time i was walking with a person that i later found out caused SLI, in total we turned out 50 street lights by aproching them, and them turning on when we walked away.

my proposel is we have a meeting on as many ppl that cause SLI as possible. the aura would be quite vast and most deffinalty cause at the very least a power outage.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Raven18

I am another enjoyer of the streetlight-turning-off phenomenon, and interested in the interest in the presence of Aquarius? I am Virgo but my rising sign is aquarius.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RaiderJose
sorry to burst everyones bubble about being special. the lights turn off when they get hot then they turn on again. I had lost my driving prevliges and while i was waiting for the buses at nite i noticed that all the lights turned off and on sometimes there was a car coming by sometimes nothing was in the area.

I've learned at school about what kind of lights are used for street illumination years ago, and that is exactly why I tested my walking under a streetlight 4 times in only a few minutes. it turned off every single time, yet stayed on for hours when I was looking at it from my apartment window overlooking the street. Cars, buses pedestrians nothing... I walk under it and Bang, it's off. I thought it strange at the time ( 20 years ago ) and have since moved a long way away.

Kind regards

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time. It also has something to do with cell phones and land lines. I appear to be contacting others when I have not tried calling them. My name appears on their im on their cell phones and tonight i was on the phone with a friend and their caller id flashed with my name and number and I was already talking to them. I need to learn more about this. By the way, light bulbs also go out at my home ALL THE TIME!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hi all,
I'm a slider too! LOL... I was wondering how many of you have rh negative blood, or have parents that are rh negative??? I run a network for rh negative people, and this is always a hot point. ALWAYS.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Have any of you ever thought to stop and think how many times you walked under a light and it didn't go off? Its coincidence, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by signaltonoise
Lately, I've been going out for walks at night. Every single time I pass under a certain light, it will turn either on or off. It's not half the time, not 3 out of 4 times, it's *every time*. Out of 20+ walks. I can see the light from a few hundred feet away, but I have yet to see it do anything until I get to within about 30 feet of it. However I didn't really think much of this--it's in the parking lot of a private business, and looks more like a giant halogen light rather than a normal streetlamp. I assumed it was a motion light. That didn't explain why the light would turn *off* just as often, but it's far more likely than me controlling it by some kind of energy field.

When I went out tonight, I took my usual route out, and the light turned on for me as usual. Then, I decided to take a different route back. I turned to walk down one block, and at about 1/4th of the way down, I approached a street light (a normal sodium light this time). It started flickering rapidly, somewhat like a dancing candle flame. Then as I got about 30 feet past it, the light went back to normal. I walked all the way to the end of the block, looking over my shoulder the whole time, and it was working perfectly. I stopped and watched it a for a minute or so. I concluded that it was just a coincidence, which I could prove by turning around, walking under it again, and seeing that nothing would happen. So I did. I got closer and closer, and it didn't act up. When I got to within 5 feet of being directly under it, I thought "Well that settles it. I knew nothing would happen, and it didn't." At *that exact moment*, the light suddenly died. Two people came out of their house to walk their dogs, and I heard one of them mention that the streetlight was out (which I doubt they'd say if it was a regular occurance). It didn't turn back on, even after I kept walking and watched it from several hundred feet away.

Overall, I'm very skeptical. Although I don't dismiss paranormal phenomena, I have a hard time believing in things that I haven't seen for myself, and cannot be explained or reliably reproduced. I've experienced weirder things than flaky streetlights and it still hasn't swayed me much, but these kinds of events are enough to make me wonder sometimes.

I'm going to follow that same route again tomorrow to see if I can reproduce it. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if there are any theories about what could cause it to happen.

it might be your achilleas heel

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

This has been happening to me on and off for almost 8 years now. A couple of years back I was switching off two streetlamps everytime I walked near them...which was everynight. Since I was living in the hostel of my research institute, I thought that perhaps there were motion detectors for security purposes. But it turned out it only happened to me and not to my friends.
I don't remember if I was stressed out or not at the time. But this hasn't happened to me in about 2 years.
However, I have been feeling stressed out for the past 10-12 days and I suddenly realised that the floodlight in my apartment complex is switching off everytime I return home...and I return home at different times everyday. I checked with a couple of friends who live in these apartments and it doesn't happen to them. Which is why I looked up the net to see if this has been reported by anyone! And wow! There's actually a term for it?!!

The electromagnetic theory sounds interesting, but for one, the floodlight is really high up on one wall...higher than the level of streetlamps and secondly, I don't remember affecting any other electronic equipment adversely...ever! So am still curious and wondering!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I was abducted and implanted as a child and not only streetlights go out,other lights go out on buildings as well,not only that but the lights in my CARS as in plural go no by themselves sometimes which I kow is the opposite effect but it still happens with regulariy,its actually really frustrating.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes

Originally posted by Raven18

I am curious to see how many of you have Aquarius in you.

I am an Aquarian and t.v.s are not the only items that are effected by me either.
I have noticed that a state of heightened emotion, both very good or very bad, does seem to make a difference.

I am an aquarius and this *street light phenominon has happened to me all of my life..i have also been told toooo many times that i call people out of the blue that have just thought about giving me a call..Sometimes I havent spoke to that person in 3-9 months..

*edit just to add clarity

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Any bad nose bleeds when you were seven ? Any dreams of little people in robes that look like ewoks or humans in blue uniforms?Any cattle mutilations in your area when you were a kid?Any scoop mark scars on your left leg?Any sinus troubles ?Ambliopia in an eye?Lactose intolerance as a child?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Sodium Street Lights turning off when I walk under them happens with 95% frequency (doesn't happen often enough to notice with Flourescent Street Lights). I've been struggling to come up with a logical explanation as I've seen it happen to others but not with as much frequency. I've heard everything from faulty grounding in the ballast, exposed wiring in the ballast from rodents that when the ballast is vibrated cause the lights to short, shadow triggering the daylight sensors, et cetera, but they've never satisfactorily explained why it happens more to some people than to others. (I have noted that newer or recently installed Street Lights *DON'T* go out when I walk under them, so maybe it's a combination of the explanations I've heard.)

I've had other magnetic/static electricity phenomenon happen to me too...like never having a battery-powered watch last longer than a week...blowing out new incandescent light-bulbs every time I turn on a light switch (I had to switch to Halogen and LED bulbs to remedy the problem), shorting out Computer Motherboards and Power Supplies by turning on the Power Switch, and lastly, getting painfully shocked from static electricity every time I shopped at Target and came within an inch or two of any metal rack/display (doesn't happen at any other store, but that one at least had a logical explanation being the brand of wax polish they use on their floors).

I'm totally convinced that some people build a greater electrical charge than others. Granted, I'm not convinced that it is necessarily biological variance (it admittedly could be), but may be a combination of clothing materials, type of shoes, atmospheric conditions, etc. to where it would be difficult to pinpoint one specific reason why some people build up greater static charges.

I'll look up SLIder though. I've heard the term but apparently in another context.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
Any bad nose bleeds when you were seven ? Any dreams of little people in robes that look like ewoks or humans in blue uniforms?Any cattle mutilations in your area when you were a kid?Any scoop mark scars on your left leg?Any sinus troubles ?Ambliopia in an eye?Lactose intolerance as a child?

just to clarify,who is this directed to?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Anyone who experiences these electrical anomalies,because I have the same problem and I was abducted and implanted with several devices when I was a child,I am curious if anyone ese has experienced the same things as me.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It could be the sensor is placed too low and as walking by a street light a reflection can occur and even the smallest reflection of light on the sensor then turns it off.

They then wait to turn back on because a timer is then activated in case it was just a shadow from a cloud causing the sensor to be blacked out or some other shadow before it turns on again. Otherwise it would be flickering on and off all day long.

The older ones were not placed at the top of the lights because reflections from the stars would then cause them to go out so where placed lower on the poles. These were pretty old ones so not sure if the newer developed cities have better technology street light wise but just something to keep in mind.

If there wasn't a timer on the older ones then they would flicker rapidly with the reflections occurring, but because it was the middle of the day and bright outside no one noticed it. Well except for the city who was paying the power bill and having to replace lights that kept burning out prematurely.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm not talking only streetilghts,think light of all types and shapes and locations,on buildings and houses ect,the commonality is the switch that says when to go on and off,we are tripping that with some type of signal so obviously the frequency that they are using is one that can be reverse engineered using the functional capacity of the light switches to BECOME RECIEVERS FOR SOME TYPE OF DIRECTED ENERGY or signal.

This isnt old lights ,and it isnt malfunctions either,my interior car lights actually go on spontaneously when I park my car after I get out so now we know that something in the automobile reverses the polarity or something and the light is turned on instead of off by the signal.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
Any bad nose bleeds when you were seven ?>not any out of the ordinary

Any dreams of little people in robes that look like ewoks or humans in blue uniforms?>no,nothing like any the little guys in Phantasm

Any cattle mutilations in your area when you were a kid?.nope

Any scoop mark scars on your left leg?>nope
Any sinus troubles?>yes

Ambliopia in an eye?>no,but i have one that twitches once and a while

Lactose intolerance as a child?Still am,depending on how much i take in

just to make it easy I just quoted ya and answered at the same time

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Do you have any siblings who may have experienced these symptoms?Have you researched the internet thoroughly to see if there have been any recent postings regarding mutilations that happened that you may not have been aware of?

Ever have dreams of vampires or monsters looming over you at night looking at you?,or falling but not getting hurt at the bottom?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join