It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lights going out when you walk under them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by RaiderJose
sorry to burst everyones bubble about being special. the lights turn off when they get hot
I dont buy this. For this to happen consistently each time i step out the door it is too much of a conincidence.

Then why does it only occur with Street Lamps, that we know for a fact turn themselves off and on? Do you cause regular light bulbs to go out when you walk underneath them? Do you cause interference with other electronic devices?

I think this is a case of too much imagination and a strong desire to believe in ones own supernatural abilities, despite a rational explanation for the event.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There was a post not to long ago where Thomas Crowne I think posted about this kind of thing happening to him when he walked by his lamp in his office i think.

Its usually when the light has a swithc mechanism which is not based on the regular turn on the flow of electricity and turn off the flow way.Usually when there
needs to be a touch or amount of sunlight or energy contact that these things start to happen,WE emit energies all of us,some are more intense then others,its like when someone is mad or sad many people can feel these things when we are in the same room as the person whos feeling these emotions. Everyday we effect others and our surroundings with the different energies we give off or emit.

Scarecrow.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is a common occurence on the campus of Michigan State University. So common the students call them (unfortunately in poor taste) "the rape lights".

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

For years now this has been happening to me also.
This only seems to happen when I am driving in my car and I am on my own.

I have never told anybody about this before and was in shock when I read that others have the same thing happen to them.

Sometimes I take my eye off the road, look at a street light in the distance and when I am just about to drive under it - it simply goes off?

Also I get electric shocks all the time, when I touch metal and that includes in the summer time as well. I too have to be very careful to even open the doors of a car, or I will get a shock which is painful?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
With So many of us that say this happened, I would be curious to know how many of us that have this happen have seen something strange in the sky that you cannot explain?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have. I saw something on the moon one night when I was 8 or 9. It was a quarter moon, and right in the dark portion there was a super bright light. It wasn't moving, and was well off the approach path for the area I lived in at the time, so it wasn't an airplane or sattelite. After awhile it went away, but I never saw how, if it just dissapeared or what. I never saw it again after that night.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have noticed this for some time now and just recently it's started to happen again when am wlaking with my girl friend or on my own light will cut out or go totally off would like sum u2u on some ides if anyone has got any.

cheers se7

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
We are Sliders.

Nothing wrong with that, i guess. One thing is for sure, its not something i imagine...it really happens and i do not "wish" it to happen... That's ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hmm not sure I have the light bit down totally cause when I'm around lights for more than 10minutes the floresent bulbs flicker. And I have noticed that regulars bulbs only last two weeks with me. Or they just alway blow out when I go to turn them on. I do drain watch batteries, so I don't wear watches of any kind. What has happened to me though are electronics in general specifically computers or anything of the like. I've gone through 3 mp3 players, a laptop and a pc. I'm typing this post from my aunts computer I hope this isn't my next victim.

*knocks on wood*

Another thing would be the electronics in a car if i drive it more than a few times they start to go crazy. Like the radio not turning on, blinkers 'blinking' slower, dimming of the head lights things like that. My moms old car I completely broke, they had to rewire the whole thing.

*Ear phones! Sorry forgot to mention that, just gets on my nerves. God they either make them really badly or something is up...it the last three months or so I've bought six pairs!

Gala

[edit on 11-9-2006 by Gala-Kemen]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Lol, like some of yall, this stuff happens to me too, on a very regular basis. Sometimes when I'm walking with someone, but mostly by myself.
Now, here's the strange thing, If I think about it & wish it to happen, it won't.
If I completely ignore it & think about something else, it happens.
I strongly believe in the paranormal & spiritual world. The reason I believe is because in my life toooo many things have happened to me that common sense or science(maybe they'll explain them as we grow scientifically) cannot explain. These things happnen to me way too often to be considered as coincidence. I used to consider them coincidences when I was younger, but as I grew, I literally felt that I'm being watched & sometimes even being mocked by whatever/whoever is out there.
I still do to this day.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think there is a force we all give off. If you call it energy or spirit or aura I don't care, but you have to realize that some people give off more than others and perhaps some are more inclined to receive from others or from things around them, electronics for example. I believe in the idea of having our own personal energy that can effect moods, feelings, thoughts, sometimes even actions of others. Or of your self as a result of other's energy. For example I'm quite psychic to events and sometimes other's thoughts not like I can read minds or anthing, but I will be standing around discussing something with people and I'll say something exactly when someone else says it.

If we could harness this energy and hone it how cool would it be to just drain lightbulbs willingly or cause a powerfailure when you don't want to be stuck working at a computer all day.
woo just kidding

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
The town I grew up in had light sensors on top of the street lights so they would come on at dusk and turn of when the sun came up in the morning. I always thought that when a light went out, I had somehow reflected the light coming from the street light back to the light sensor, causing the light to turn off. Don't know if it is true, but that is what I told myself. It is a creepy feeling when the light goes off just as you are passing it.

You nailed it bang on,it happens with cars or people.My friend told me about this once as he repairs street lamps for the city.(I was getting same situation walking at night ,that's why I asked him)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i recall this happening every now and then but not on regular bases, maybe we are overcharged by the amount of technology around us! ipods, dvd players, computers, consoles, TVs... you name it!.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There's a single streetlight in between my girlfriend's house and my own, and every single time I drive underneath it, it goes out. Today I was thinking about it before I drove under it, and I kept thinking to myself, now that I'm thinking about it, it won't go out, well, I got underneath it, and it didn't go out, but then when I got no more than five yards away from it, it went out. It was just kind of a chilling experience so I decided to do a search on streetlights going out and I found this forum, hoping that there was some kind of rational explanation. I've also noticed that at the university I go to, there are three or four lights that do this as well, only not as consistently. I'm relieved to see that I'm not crazy, and that there is hopefully a rational explanation. Maybe every time a car passes beneath that streetlight it goes out? Perhaps its just a coincidence that the lights at the university go out? I'll have to test it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
hey.
so i just got in from walking home from my friends, and on the walk i had to either walk through a cemetary or take the long way. i decided on the long way because im a chicken [haha] but as soon as i reached the path exiting the cemetary, a streetlight went out. i've heard of this from my friends and they always told me there was a ghost, so i was kind of frightened. about 5 minutes later, another one went out when i was under it, and i could hear "laughing" or "whispering", but it could very well of been my imagination. further down the street, a final streetlight went out, and as soon as it did i could hear dog chains. none of the lights came back on from what i could see, but it still scared me.

thats my two cents.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

I stopped wearing watches because the batteries die so quickly. I never tried to figure out why. I just stopped wasting money on watches and batteries. I use my cell phone to keep track of time, but I would think that my cellie would drain quickly too if I have stronger emfs

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This has happened to me, too. There are certain lights in my neighborhood that will change state when I walk under them - if it's off it will turn on if it's on, it'll turn off. They are the regular orange sodium street lamps. I've seen other lights, like one at the end of my street that just turn off & on on their own, maybe the heat sensor thing.

The lights that change state when I walk down the street only do so when I am close to being directly underneath them.

There is a very long sreet I walk down, at least a half mile. It is lined with lights and I NEVER see them cycle, save for the ones that change only when I walk under them.

Part of me wants ot believe it has something to do with me. Part of me thinks it's just a conicidence, but it happened so often and only with certain lights, I am not sure what to believe.

Another weird occurance:
My brother told me about a traffic light he drove under on the way to college that randomly turned from green to flashing yellow, like the power went out and the light went into that mode. It occured a few days before he told me.

That day I was driving the both of us to school and had forgotten all about it. I am about 50 feet away and a light starts flashing yellow. I turned to him, and he was in shock. It was the same light and the same thing had happened. I thought he was pranking me and knew it would go out or somehow made a remote to mess wit hthe light's circuitry.

He told me honestly he did not have anythign to do with this, he wasn't tryign to trick me.

Maybe it was coincidence, maybe it had something to do with him/us.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by signaltonoise

Dear all, the exact same thing happens to me too...
there was one street light right across my house and it would turn ON or OFF whenever i would pass by... but this was a few years ago and i just forgot all about it.
Now i stay in a different city and there is one particular street light outside my club and it again turns ON or OFF whenever i pass by. In fact i can tell my companions whether it s gonna turn on or off..and its amazing.. they think i've supernatural powers.. however, i do not think so and i think there should be a good explanation to this phenomenon.
I've read a few posts and i can understand how lights can turn off by themselves. But how about turning ON? any logical explanations?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

There is an audio clip from coast 2 coast touching on this subject. Somewhere near the middle or end.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have never had the light thing happen, but I have had the elevators consitently open up for me before I get a chance to push the button, and this is with no one inside.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join