It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garbage can lid part of Billy Meier UFO?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
On the following website the connection is made between a garbage can lid and a portion of the Billy Meier UFO, 'the weddingcake ship'.

thebiggestsecret.online.fr...

Scroll down halfway and notice the erie similarity between the lid and the bottom portion of the Billy Meier UFO. Perhaps a moderator can put the respective photographs in this thread for better viewing and discussion.

What is your impression?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
oh yea that's similiar. There is no way an alien is going to have a knobby thing on their ufo. It's fake.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Nice find TerraX...just wish we had a closer, better pic of the lid, but most of the parts are common enough to see to know this is bogus (i.e. the carpet tacks and ball bearings). There's even a photo or two of the "wedding cake UFO" where a ball bearing fell off, and he STILL used the model!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
To make it that much more awkward, Billy Meier gives an explanation in one of his bulletins that the lid indeed does resemble a portion of the alleged spacecraft but that it's design can be traced back to plans of German pre-WW2 UFOs and then somehow lay at the design again of the barrel lid some decades later.

www.billymeier.com...

Billy:..."On a photo appearing in an article of the Tages-Anzeiger she actually identified some similarity between the "Wedding Cake Ships" and the outer edge of a barrel cover. Evidence shows that barrels with such lids were first produced in 1986, while I—and this can also be substantiated—took the photos of the "Wedding Cake Ships" in 1982, four years earlier. When I asked Ptaah about this matter, he gave the following plausible explanation that seems rather clear to me although it does sound a bit peculiar at first. Anyone familiar with the dark and still unexplained stories about the "German Gyro Disks," respectively "Flying Disks," would probably concede that Ptaah's explanation does provide the truth.

Excerpt of the 254th Contact Report from Tuesday, November 28, 1995:

Ptaah:...As far back as the 1920s we worked with flying devices you have named the 'Wedding Cake Ship,' but they were only available for operations on Earth toward the end of the 1970s. This particular type of flying device was designed specifically for the Earth, and for this reason we endeavored to transmit all of the necessary data regarding the vehicles' shape to terrestrial scientists, in the form of telepathic impulses, to assist them in developing flying disks on Earth. The telepathic impulses were primarily directed to space travel technologists, as I shall call these individuals. This scientific group consisted mainly of German engineers, to whom we transmitted precise plans for the shape of the hull, along with some technical details we considered justifiable. These German scientists actually built experimental units using the plans that eventually led to the construction of somewhat workable flying disks. In accordance with our motives at that time, these disks were to be used to establish an air force that would be instrumental in achieving an early and worldwide peace. Political machinations, however, changed all of this very quickly into a war effort, which prompted us to discontinue the transmission of any further telepathic impulses to the German scientists. Moreover, these developments forced us to drop the project completely shortly after we intentionally transmitted some misinformation, which would render these flying disks ineffectual for war purposes. Some copies of the blueprints somehow survived since we were unable to retrieve every one of them. This presented no problem, however, since the remaining blueprints were extremely incomplete when they vanished. This last remnant consisted essentially only of drawings which merely depicted the outer rim and undercarriage of the flying object. Details of the lower half and the upper structure were no longer included. And it is precisely this outer rim with its undercarriage that survived on drawings over the past several decades—only to reappear around 1965. This reappearance occurred without our knowledge, for we had long lost interest in what had become useless drawings as far as we were concerned. Until now that is. You informed Florena that some of you realized this shape of large container lids exist, which indeed look exactly like the lower rim and underside of our flying objects and had a more than fleeting resemblance to the same structural features. And since you yourself provided one of these covers to clarify the fact, it was very simple for us to compare the receptacle cover with construction details of the flying device. We, too, noticed the stunning similarity and began focusing our attention on this matter. We thoroughly investigated the entire situation and discovered that the old, newly re-emerged drawings were used for the design and production of these receptacle covers. The covers were completely different from anything the designers had previously produced. Normally they designed lids with simple lines and never with shapes that could be called futuristic and complicated. This, then, is how the shape of the container covers came about, which, as I mentioned earlier, strikingly resemble the lower rim section and undercarriage on our flying devices."

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Something caught my attention regarding Billy Meier's words. He states that "the evidence shows that barrels with such lids were first produced in 1986", and that he made his photographs some 4 years earlier;

Billy:..."On a photo appearing in an article of the Tages-Anzeiger she actually identified some similarity between the "Wedding Cake Ships" and the outer edge of a barrel cover. Evidence shows that barrels with such lids were first produced in 1986, while I—and this can also be substantiated—took the photos of the "Wedding Cake Ships" in 1982, four years earlier.

I recall from my childhood in the 70s that we used to have a plastic drum next to our gardenshed with the rainpipe (from the roof) in it. My parents had the idea of storing the rainwater for usage in the garden in dryer times. While I don't recall the proportions of the lid it does seem that plastic drums with the lid in question were around before 1986 as Billy Meier claims. And what do you know? After 5 minutes of searching on the net I came up with this;

www.harcostar.co.uk...

"Harcostar Plastic Drums was established in 1964 in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. Granted the Mauser UK license in 1972, Harcostar introduced their first Universal plastic drums machines in 1975 and their first L-Ring drum line in 1979."

The lids even match....

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the nfo about this thread Terrax.

BTW, is it 2 scratches on the model I see in this photo? enlarge to maximun for better viewing.

thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MANNYP4
Thanks for the nfo about this thread Terrax.
BTW, is it 2 scratches on the model I see in this photo? enlarge to maximun for better viewing.

Difficult to tell Manny since the pic is dark and blown up. Any small fiber or other (lens) imperfections would show up. What I do find interesting is that when Meier took pictures of the underside of his 'craft' the screwing-grooves (of the lid) are also plainly visible.
Take a look at the inner edge, especially on the right bottom. Are my eyes deceiving me or are those grooves perfectly designed for screwing it on something? In the pic when you go to the left, the grooves seem to be declining. In any case, you can screw this UFO on something!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I saw a notice yesterday of an upcoming (July 11th) debate between Michael
Horn and a "digital media expert", concerning a Meier photo. It's on:
www.paracast.com... (Gene Steinberg)

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Nice find TerraX...just wish we had a closer, better pic of the lid,

Perhaps something like this Gazrok?
www.harcostar.co.uk...
Compared to this;

MikeJ,
I checked the link you provided but it was just a 'starting-page'.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Woops.

www.theparacast.com...

(So much for the precision of my memory.)

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I still am of the opinion that Meiers stuff really belongs under the lid of a trash can, so if a trash can lid was indeed used in some of those fakes, it makes an evil kind of sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Billy:..."On a photo appearing in an article of the Tages-Anzeiger she actually identified some similarity between the "Wedding Cake Ships" and the outer edge of a barrel cover. Evidence shows that barrels with such lids were first produced in 1986, while I—and this can also be substantiated—took the photos of the "Wedding Cake Ships" in 1982, four years earlier. When I asked Ptaah about this matter, he gave the following plausible explanation that seems rather clear to me although it does sound a bit peculiar at first. Anyone familiar with the dark and still unexplained stories about the "German Gyro Disks," respectively "Flying Disks," would probably concede that Ptaah's explanation does provide the truth.

So, his contention is that they reverse-engineered trash can lids based on UFO designs? My, that's pretty rich....hehe.... I'll have some of what he's having please.....

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeJamieson
Woops.
www.theparacast.com...
(So much for the precision of my memory.)

Thanks for that link Mike. I heard the interview and although there weren't any new items it was interesting to follow the conversation since the hosts were somewhat skeptical, especially in the end. David Biedney was the most skeptical of the two and mailed Michael Horn with his reservations, the latter responding in his "normal" way. Doesn't the guy comprehend that he's working on a negative reputation?
theparacast.com...
myweb.tiscali.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
thebiggestsecret.online.fr...

Several updates have been made on the site and the latest addition, reflection of the spheres on Meier's UFO could turn out very interesting. More on this later.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hi TerraX. It looks like there's an upcoming interview on July 11th, to examine
the results of an investigation into one particular photo. The host of that show
gave us a "heads up" the other day via Victor Martinez's email list. BTW,
Victor seems to be a new "buddy" of Michael Horn's (near as I can tell). Hard
to tell really.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Hi TerraX. It looks like there's an upcoming interview on July 11th, to examine
the results of an investigation into one particular photo. The host of that show
gave us a "heads up" the other day via Victor Martinez's email list. BTW,
Victor seems to be a new "buddy" of Michael Horn's (near as I can tell). Hard
to tell really.

Hi Mike. It looks like it's gonna explode long before that.
theparacast.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
TerraX, Horn never seemed to respond to your discovery of a 1975
manufacturing date for the type of garbage can lid in question. Did I miss
something in his responses? (Besides his lovely debating style.)

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

TerraX, Horn never seemed to respond to your discovery of a 1975
manufacturing date for the type of garbage can lid in question. Did I miss
something in his responses? (Besides his lovely debating style.)

Nope, you didn't miss anything. Just Horn's usual evasiveness and resorting to insults when he's cornered. Then it's much easier to play on the person and avoid addressing the issue at hand. He did comment on it very briefly and said there's no proof of the lid being manufactured in 1975. No comment of course on the identical lids, which also have been found on Meier's farm a few years after the particular photosession. But that's typically Horn, if I would show him the type of lid was in Switzerland at the time he would insist on that I prove Meier acquired the lid and so on. Naturally he totally disregards the obvious similarities between the lid and the Meier UFO when it's right in front of him.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Somebody went through the trouble of looking at a stupid garbage can lid to see that Meier's stuff is fake? Why bother? He's been debunked so many times it's laughable. Besides, just look at the photo, itself! What a crap hoax job!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Have a look at the Meier movie of the Weddingcake UFO.

www.billymeier.com...

Looks great but what's unusual here?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join