It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman Returns an attempt at Christian Propaganda?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I just saw the movie, and the Christ like similarities are definately there. The movie was full of saviour messiah like principals, everyone also forgot the spear of Kryptonite stabbed in Supermans side. (spear of Destiny).
All through the movie your could here phrases like its illuminating, we are illuminated, and the sun on the horizon, the new dawn, the golden dawn, humanity will receive the light, these are also clear Masonic references.
Superman would leave and the camera would pan to a "light house" or a torch.
Prometheus----Greek god-----Fallen angel? Also mentioned in the movie.
To top it off I made a thread months ago about America's East Coast being destroyed in a Tsunami like disaster which is clearly displayed on the back of the Canadian $100 bill. I will find it & post a link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also the higher up Masons believe in Atlantis rising via Manley P. Hall.
I mean there was almost everything in that movie and it was disturbing when you start to recognize what's going on in the world.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by BattleofBatoche]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yeah this movie troubled me deeply...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
He's a stylized Jewish Messiah, not Jesus. The Jewish Messiah concept was around way before Jesus was even born. Look into the history of the character and its creators. Some people have already posted good info on it.

Heck the whole idea of a dying-savior deity is even older.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
I saw the movie.its great!
no its not christian.. if you have read any of the interviews of the original creators of superman...they were jewish. supermans name is also jewish and so the names of many people from his homeland. in the interviews by the creators of superman...he is supposed to represent the jewish people,

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

The destruction of Krypton and its Red Sun resemble one of the legends in the Haggada.

"According to a Haggada legend the flood was started by the removal of two stars from the Pleiades constellation. The flood was stopped by the transfer of two stars from the Bear constellation to the Pleiades constellation. That is why the Bear runs after the Pleiades. She wants her two children back, but she will only get them back in the future world."

www.sacred-texts.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes Superman is the christian story perhaps as seen from a jewish view if the original writers were jewish. There are so many parallels in the stories.

Green kryptonite has a parallel in evil which can destroy the soul and comes from the weakness we all have for temptations and sin, what christians call original sin.

Smallville is an amazing rewrite and extension of the story and has the extra twist of the struggle to be honest truthful and yet not hurt or be hurt by others.

Sent by his father to earth to be human, to save all mankind by sacrificing himself and then rising again and returning to heaven.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I don't want to be lumped in with the King Kong thread, however somehow I know I will be.

I noticed multiple points diring the new Superman movie at which I felt uncomfortable. There were constant references to him being the 'Savior'. After that, there were times at which he posed in the standard christ pose (you all know the cross pose). And there was even a point where he was dead, and resurected to return as the world's savior.

Is it just me, or does this sound like an attempt to create a Jesus-like persona for Superman?

[edit on 1-7-2006 by Rasobasi420]

LOL. What about Luther? Luthefer?

I think its just you dude. Superman wears his briefs outside with a funny belt. Doesn't it have garters to support it?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join