It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President says New York Times is disgaceful

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I would say this was a case of the pot calling the kettle black...BUT I like the NYT way to much to put them in that kind of a catagory.....

Sooooo I am going to make a new saying up, and say...Thats like a big pile of charcole calling cumulous clouds black.

Stupid Bush......its almost a compliment to be called bad names by this lame guy really....

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Anyone with any smarts would know that transactions of money of a large sum are monitored. So, the Times did nothing wrong. If anyone really thinks that excess of 50,000 dollar or more of a transaction wouldn't be monitored, is a bit uneducated. I happen to know a banker, and they are instucted to report such "suspicious transactions", for one. Bush, and his big mouth is just a ploy to stamp out any form of dissent. These people are really stupid, and it is so obvious to understand. It's all about scaring the hell out of everyone, so as not to question the administration. Simple as that. If you wanna figure out what's going on, you most often need to keep it simple. The fact is, if Bush can get some air time, bashing and threatening federal prosecution, that is the best thing that can happen for the Pres. It scares any dissenters to the point of silence. If you ask me, it's probably done totally on purpose. I wouldn't doubt it if noone gets punished for this. It's probably just a damn commercial by the administration.

Keep it simple.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
IT WASN'T SECRET!!!!

SWIFT AS THE PROGRAM IS KNOWN AS HAS A PUBLIC WEBSITE AND A MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!

NYT went to the website and read the magazine produced by SWIFT, thats all. NO SECRET!

THE PRESIDENT HAS TALKED ABOUT THIS PROGRAM SINCE SEPTEMBER 24 2001!!!!!!

I can't believe you republicans, there is a Magazine called Dialogue, produced by SWIFT, about SWIFT, that covers SWIFT!!!!!!

THERE IS A PUBLIC, NO PASSWORD REQUIRED, NO SECRET HANDSHAKE, PUBLIC WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!

How stupid and ignorant and blind can you be? NYT REVEALED NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Edit: HERE IS THE FREAKING WEBSITE!!!!
www.swift.com... This is the Magazine
www.swift.com... THE ACTUAL WEBSITE!!!!!!!

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Johnny Ohm]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

I would say this was a case of the pot calling the kettle black...BUT I like the NYT way to much to put them in that kind of a catagory.....

REPLY: You need to read more about them:

[link] www.abovetopsecret.com... [/link]

Sooooo I am going to make a new saying up, and say...Thats like a big pile of charcole calling cumulous clouds black.

REPLY: Charcoal. And..... Ummmmm, they're not always black......

[edit on 29-6-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Originally posted by maximusX

Anyone with any smarts would know that transactions of money of a large sum are monitored. So, the Times did nothing wrong.

REPLY: The NYT has been "doing things wrong" since it's inception; all anti-American. And, it's not knowing about the programs, it's saying HOW it was being done. You, also, should check the link in my previous post as to the NYT's.

If anyone really thinks that excess of 50,000 dollar or more of a transaction wouldn't be monitored, is a bit uneducated.

REPLY: Actually, if there's cash involved, the lower level is $5000.00.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Originally posted by Johnny Ohm

IT WASN'T SECRET!!!!

SWIFT AS THE PROGRAM IS KNOWN AS HAS A PUBLIC WEBSITE AND A MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!

NYT went to the website and read the magazine produced by SWIFT, thats all.

REPLY: HA HA HA HA. That website has absolutely nothing to do with the surveilance program, and the information the NYT's got was from inside the intel community.

RESEARCH!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
Let´s abolish congress, forget everything and start over.

The drive to rule the country from the WH didn't start
with Bush 43. Bill Clinton made a famous quote about
wanting to rule by Executive Order.

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans..."
Bill Clinton - USA Today, 11 March 1993, page 2A

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people."
Bill Clinton - during an interview on MTV in 1993

"Stroke of the pen. Law of the Land. Kinda cool."
Paul Begala, former Clinton advisor, The New York Times, July 5, 1998

"We've switched the rules of the game. We're not trying to do anything legislatively."
Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt, The Washington Times, June 14, 1999

www.wealth4freedom.com...
www.thisnation.com...

[edit on 6/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

REPLY: HA HA HA HA. That website has absolutely nothing to do with the surveilance program, and the information the NYT's got was from inside the intel community.

RESEARCH!!!!

What a disinformation agent. You talk about research, yet refuse to do any serious research yourself. You run off and get information from blogs that tell you what you want to hear. Then you run here and spread it through five or six threads at once. You are nothing but a noise generator meant to cloud issues and obfuscate the truth. I'm going to treat you the way you treat others. I hope you're proud, you broke my ignore list's cherry.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by The Iconoclast]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
How many terrorists read the New York Times, anyway? I think that by making it a big deal, the administration brought attention to the very news source they wished to cover up. It's what happened with Howard Stern... people got upset and brought him into the spotlight. Being that he's a radio personality, and thrives on attention, all that scrutiny made him more powerful than the Christian-right group who started it would ever want him to be.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
WOw, and just like the other one YOU DIDN'T READ THE ENTIRE SITE!!!!

Ignorance everywhere on here...

Also, BUSH, THE PRESIDENT, Talked about Using SWIFT in 2001!!!! It hasn't been a secret since 2001, wait, it was never a secret, they have a PUBLIC WEBSITE AND MAGAZINE!!!

Of course you say that SWIFT isn't the same SWIFT, just has the same name, does the same thing, and is the same thing, you just decide not to read it because it would expose the truth...

In Fact, since you are so harcore in your ignorance...
Cooperating in the global fight against abuse of the financial system for illegal activities
www.swift.com...

ALso, isn't Blatantly LYING against the rules on here? This is THE SWIFT WEBSITE yet in two different posts you say it isn't, a blatant lie!

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Johnny Ohm]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think Flyers views are an important indicator of just how much work needs to be done to
educate the American citizens.

I've seen a disturbing pattern of blind allegiance to an ideology that is driven by greed and corruption.

A more disturbing trend to stereotype any faction that does not agree with this administration's
official position on issues.

What Flyers needs to understand is that many highly patriotic Americans, Democrat, Republican, Independents, conservative, liberal and somewhere in between are all deeply disturbed by this
administration's attempt to undermine the protections of the U.S. Constitution and The Bill of Rights.

The upcoming congressional elections will prove to be a political bloodbath struggle for power.

There has never been a greater division in the ranks of both parties.

This round, the major dividing issues will be our continued involvement in the middle east
and immigration.

At the moment, I personally have no confidence in either party.

The Republican base has finally realized that they have been mislead
and the Democratic party can not seem to come to any agreement
on very serious issues.

Maybe that's the plan after all, everyone will be so disgusted that no one will show up at the polls.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Text

Text Black

The NYT is only doing what every other paper and civilian in the USA has been trying to do for years, get the full truth. If politicians are doing nothing wrong, why do they fear the newspapers? Only someone that has a lot to hide would be angry that a paper is dishing up the dirt.

Bush has seen this coming though. His lies and half truths finally coming to a head, his protests are his own undoing. Actually, I retract that. He is just a pawn in a game dirtier and more repulsive than any of us could imagine. Thank God we don't know all the answers yet, the infrastructure of the entire country would crumble like ancient parchment.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Truthwillsetyoufree]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Anyways, why is this a big deal? NYT didn't expose anything, nothing that the Website, Magazine, and Bush didn't already tell us anyways.

Also, didn't Bush admit he doesn't read newspapers or watch TV? How did he find out about the article?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
New York Times is now totally hated in the White House and Pentagon.

I guess they just want to close the paper down, shut it off, and arrest the entire editorial team.

Treason is a very serious charge.

They used to hang people in public for this crime.

Editors and journalists of the New York Times are now facing execution.

The President wants to hang em high. They have committed treason against the United States.

Toronto Star - Thursday June 29, 2006

Treason charge hurled at paper

Bush accuses The New York Times of aiding the enemy

Critics wonder if outrage orchestrated to fire up followers

TIM HARPER, WASHINGTON BUREAU

The tension between George W. Bush's White House and The New York Times has largely bubbled beneath the surface, a battle of wills between a secretive administration and a newspaper that has launched almost daily anti-Bush grenades from its editorial pages. Until now.
Republicans are accusing the paper known affectionately as the Old Gray Lady of treason, giving aid to the enemy and imperilling American lives.
It is, by most accounts, an attack on the media unmatched in its bitterness since Richard Nixon fought the Times and The Washington Post over the publication of the Pentagon Papers and the Post's Watergate coverage.
This time, the paper's alleged crime was publishing details of a secret anti-terror government program that tracked international bank transfers through a consortium known as SWIFT.
Yet, three questions remain unanswered as the controversy continues to dominate the U.S. capital almost a week after the story was published.

Star

www.thestar.com

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
IT WASN'T SECRET

How hard is that to understand? It was never a secret, they have a public website and magazine and Bush has talked about it since September 24th 2001.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, the way I see it, Freedom of Press dictates that the NYT can say what they like. Whether they SHOULD say things like this is a whole different story. It gets dangerous when people arguing that they shouldn't have reported on this story start demanding laws to ensure that in future the NYT CAN'T report things like this.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Bush has a lot of nerve ( oh gosh really ) accusing anyone of helping the enemy.

Remember," he's the decider" and it was his decisions that have cost the lives of more than 2500
American soldiers and seriously wounded over 18,000.

It is George Bush's incompetence negligence and corruption that has done more to increase the risk of terrorism than any other factor in the geo-political arena.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
this was a little interesting in a way:

Keller said the administration also argued "in a halfhearted way" that disclosure of the program "would lead terrorists to change tactics."

for starters, just from the bombardment of the airways with news brodcasts centering around terrorist cells and how thier organizations operate, we heard many times about how money was transfered back and forth in order to fund the operation. it was common sense knowledge as far as im concerned. you dont just run in bombs a blazin and consider yourself a terrorist, like the mainstream media and redneck george have said: these terrorists are intelligent. blah blah and blah blah blah require carefully thougth out 'strategy'.

yeah, im sure its pretty hard to get cnn to come in, in your cave
, but dont you think that there would be numerous tactics in the first place to make themselves more covert?

to me it seems like another slip to divert attention to the fact that the government is monitoring our spending illegally, and using the terrorist boogy-man as a cover story again.

btw, its like the war on drugs, they sure as # havent 'won' that one yet, have they?
stupid rednecks

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
...and for the record, yeah its no secret, just part administration's justification for the program.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join