It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Conspiracy Theorists Gather At LA Conference

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Over 1,200 people have congregated in Los Angeles for 'One of the largest 9/11 Conferences in History' to discuss the 'plethora' of 9/11 conspiracy theories that are circulating. The audience cheered as Terrorism experts, Philosophers, and Physicists refuted the Official story.

in.today.reuters.com

Some 1,200 people gathered at a Los Angeles hotel on the weekend for what organizers billed as the largest conference on the plethora of conspiracy theories that see the 2001 attacks on Washington and New York as, at best, official negligence, and at worst an orchestrated U.S. attempt to incite world war.

"There are so many prominent people who are incredibly well-respected who have stated that the evidence is overwhelming that 9/11 was an inside job," syndicated radio talk show host Alex Jones told a news conference.

"There are hundreds of smoking guns that people need to be made aware of," said Jones, calling for the impeachment of President George W. Bush and charging that mainstream media had been slow to cover the growing movement of 9/11 skeptics.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am surprised to see a story such as this one on Reuters. As a staunch believer that the September 11th attacks were an inside job, I'm glad that this is getting some kind of mainstream coverage. I hope this thing gets blown wide open, for all to see.

"The theories, derided by critics as wild and far-fetched, have mostly been confined to the Internet, talk radio and the alternative press."

Not any more... and the critics are thinning out considerably. Only the Hardcore amongst them remain.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Communication_Burger]

[edit on 25/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

and the critics are thinning out considerably. Only the Hardcore amongst them remain

This is inaccurate. The vast majority of people still beleive that 911 was done by al-qaida.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
i keep on saying people in the american government want the poeple to believe it was the government for some reason. reminds me sort of what william cooper said once, where he said they will want you the american people to believe that the government is no good etc... and doing unspeakable things to the american people.

where this distrust will end, is anyones guess. but you can bet that there are sections of your government that are loving things like this.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Worldwide Poll

According to this poll, only 11% think OBL and his cave-swellers carried it out alone.

Not that this poll is 100% accurate, and not to be a nitpicker (Ok, I'm nitpicking) but I don't think it's accurate to say that the vast majority of people think 9/11 was done by Al Qaeda. At least not without an explanation. Do they believe that Al Qaeda did it all? That they drove the planes? That the US government was or was not involved in some way? Was the gov't complicit? There's way too much gray area to say that the vast majority think Al Qaeda did it. Especially without a source to back it up and explain what that means. The statement is just too vague.

I'm glad to see people gathering and spreading the word that something isn't right and I'm glad to see it covered in Reuters.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This is inaccurate. The vast majority of people still beleive that 911 was done by al-qaida.

Actually, you might be right. I was going by the polls conducted on the internet and elsewhere. I know those do not reflect the entire population, but they do indicate a thinning out of critics, compared to say... 2002, or 2003.

This CNN poll had it at over 80% in favour of a Government cover-up. There have been Zogby Polls conducted in New York which indicated half the people who took part believed the Government had prior knowledge. While this might not reflect your average everyday person, who may not browse the internet often, or take part in these polls, it indicates a big, big turnaround. There are still a lot of people who agree in full with the official explanations, but their numbers become fewer every single day.

What were the results of the Poll conducted here by WCIP on this issue? Give it time, and that's how one sided big polls conducted on the public will be, unless someone inflicts inertia on truth movement. Check this link, Nygdan.

Even the FBI are now saying they have no evidence connecting Bin Laden to September 2001.

The Muckraker Report spoke with Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI. When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, Tomb said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”

The majority will soon belong to us, Nygdan. Nothing short of pure disaster can stop that now.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
just remember saying in a poll that the government did not tell the truth, could have a different meaning to everyone that took the poll.

one may be saying that the government did it, and the next person may be saying that the government knew about it and let it happen, and the others may be saying government is hiding there incompetence.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
just remember saying in a poll that the government did not tell the truth, could have a different meaning to everyone that took the poll.

one may be saying that the government did it, and the next person may be saying that the government knew about it and let it happen, and the others may be saying government is hiding there incompetence.

This is indeed true, although not for the ATS poll, which was split into different answers. This is a conspiracy forum though, so one might expect a certain slant in favour of a conspiracy. The poll Benevolent Heretic posted (Nice one for that, man) was also split to address the different theories, so as not to lump them into one category which might not best reflect their views. The percentages of people who thought the U.S. Government actually perpetrated the attacks themselves was far higher than that of those who thought the Government let it happen, or that the Government were trying to cover up their incompetence after failing to stop it happening.

So...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

But all those with the above type of answers do believe the gov is at least partially responsible for the deaths of those people.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by scoobdude]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
sorry i was just talking about that cnn poll, did not know about ats polls etc...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

sorry i was just talking about that cnn poll, did not know about ats polls etc...

No problem. Perhaps the CNN Poll was a bad example, I just wanted to use it because of the high percentages in our favour. Take a look at this one:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Worldwide Poll

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Take a look at this one:

Yea thats a really good example too, NOT.

You might as well go to a Yankees game and take a poll of the people attending asking who their favorite team is, then proclaim the results to represent the entire nation.

[edit on 26/6/06 by Skibum]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Yea thats a really good example too, NOT.

You might as well go to a Yankees game and take a poll of the people attending asking who your favorite team is, then proclaim the results to represent the entire nation.

Read a thread before you reply, please. It saves me the hassle of having to correct you.

Originally posted by Communication_Burger

Actually, you might be right. I was going by the polls conducted on the internet and elsewhere. I know those do not reflect the entire population, but they do indicate a thinning out of critics, compared to say... 2002, or 2003.

While this might not reflect your average everyday person, who may not browse the internet often, or take part in these polls, it indicates a big, big turnaround. There are still a lot of people who agree in full with the official explanations, but their numbers become fewer every single day.

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
This is indeed true, although not for the ATS poll, which was split into different answers. This is a conspiracy forum though, so one might expect a certain slant in favour of a conspiracy.

I’ve already said everything you have, but in more detail. These Polls are useful regardless. So, what about the CNN Poll then? Was that a metaphorical Yankees game? No.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Communication_Burger]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

and the critics are thinning out considerably. Only the Hardcore amongst them remain

Actually I would like you to back your words up there pal.

Let me try this.. I belive your are telling the truth at all. but if I were to say the same thing the other way around i would have to prove it. My proofis here..

This is a quote of mine done here during the time Sheen and Jones were on CNN for a short time..

found here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/26/2006 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 26/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I'd be interested to see some evidence to back that claim up too

[edit on 26/6/06 by subz]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
According to this poll, only 11% think OBL and his cave-swellers carried it out alone.

That pole is entirely irrelevant. Its a poll for people that happen to be visiting a website, so on that alone its worthless (ie, not a big sample size) AND its a site promoting the idea that there WAS a conspiracy, so the poll population is unworkably biased from the start.

but I don't think it's accurate to say that the vast majority of people think 9/11 was done by Al Qaeda.

I think you are completely wrong. Just ask around, and you can see, people beleive it was al-qaida. Look at the reaction against 911 conspiracy theories, are you really telling me that the majority of the public think it was a conspiracy with all that going on??

There's way too much gray area to say that the vast majority think Al Qaeda did it. Especially without a source to back it up and explain what that means. The statement is just too vague.

No its not, its perfectly clear.
"Who did 911?" The vast majority of people in the west are going to say 'al-qaida' or 'bin laden'. It doesn't require any citation. There a reason why its called a conspiracy theory, rather than 'the general public perception'.

This CNN poll had it at over 80% in favour of a Government cover-up.

That, again, is an internet poll on a page about the conspiracy.

There have been Zogby Polls conducted in New York which indicated half the people who took part believed the Government had prior knowledge.

And that is a vague statement. Prior knowledge is a far far cry from "Bush Did it' or even 'Bin ladin didn't do it'. The government DID have prior knowledge, in the form of intelligence reports on the activities of the individuals involved in the attacks, and, hell EVERYONE had prior knowledge, because al-qaida openly declared war on the united states.

they have no evidence connecting Bin Laden to September 2001.

They have no hard evidence connecting him, not 'no evidence'. The tape wherein he admited to it isn't hard evidence that he did it, the admissions by captured members of al-qaida that they did it and that they planned it aren't hard evidence either.

The majority will soon belong to us, Nygdan.

Doubtful, since it looks like bin ladin in fact did do 911.

although not for the ATS poll, which was split into different answers

An ATS poll is clearly not representative of the world population, or even the american population. No more so than a poll on rushlimbaugh's website or something like that would be.

thichheaded
Actually I would like you to back your words up there pal.

There has never been a proper nationwide poll, done by say the people at Pew or the likes, where one of the questions was "Did al-qaida and/or Bin Ladin plan the 911 attacks' or "Did the Bush Administration carry out the 911 attacks" or anything like that, that I am aware of.
SO I agree, we can't cite a poll supporting this. However, its pretty clear, that the vast majority of the public beleives that it was al qaida, and certainly that it was islamic fundamentalists, and certainly not the Bush Administration. Unless I live in some weird little bubble that is set off from and completely and utterly out of touch with the rest of the world, and everyone in that bubble is similarly cut off, then it shouldnt' even require questioning that the majority of the public think bin ladin did it.

Ironic twist. the 1st poll was done in 04, I am almost positive Sauron's was done around the same time.. Before the RNC.

The similarity between the poles probably is reflecting a reality amoung conspiracy theorists, ie 80 percentish of them think that the was more to it than meets the eye.

Half of New Yorkers Believe US Leaders Had Foreknowledge of Impending 9-11 Attacks and “Consciously Failed” To Act

Half is not a majority, and if only half or the population of a single city that is historical unfavourable of any administration, especially bush'es, think that they in some stretch of the imagination coudl've done something but didn't, then CLEARLY you can't say that the majority of the population at large thinks that bin ladin didn't do it.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So Nygdan, you admit you have no evidence to cite that backs up your assertion that the majority of people believe Al-Qaeda carried out 9/11?

You're entitled to say that you think Al-Qaeda did it, but I dont think you should be speaking for the majority without any polls to back it up.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

However, its pretty clear, that the vast majority of the public beleives that it was al qaida, and certainly that it was islamic fundamentalists, and certainly not the Bush Administration.

I'm sorry, but unless you can provide some kind of data other than "all the people I talk to say it was Al Qaeda", I can't buy it.

Unless I live in some weird little bubble that is set off from and completely and utterly out of touch with the rest of the world, and everyone in that bubble is similarly cut off, then it shouldnt' even require questioning that the majority of the public think bin ladin did it.

That's possible, because my 'bubble' says just the opposite.

Zogby Polls are taken by random telephone calls, not over the Internet.

Zogby

"Phone numbers are chosen purely by random, ensuring that every household in the US (or wherever we are polling) have as much chance of being selected as any other.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

they have no evidence connecting Bin Laden to September 2001.

They have no hard evidence connecting him, not 'no evidence'. The tape wherein he admited to it isn't hard evidence that he did it, the admissions by captured members of al-qaida that they did it and that they planned it aren't hard evidence either.

Take a look further down the article.

Surprised by the ease in which this FBI spokesman made such an astonishing statement, I asked, “How this was possible?” Tomb continued, “Bin Laden has not been formally charged in connection to 9/11.” I asked, “How does that work?” Tomb continued, “The FBI gathers evidence. Once evidence is gathered, it is turned over to the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice than decides whether it has enough evidence to present to a federal grand jury. In the case of the 1998 United States Embassies being bombed, Bin Laden has been formally indicted and charged by a grand jury. He has not been formally indicted and charged in connection with 9/11 because the FBI has no hard evidence connected Bin Laden to 9/11.”

It shouldn’t take long before the full meaning of these FBI statements start to prick your brain and raise your blood pressure. If you think the way I think, in quick order you will be wrestling with a barrage of very powerful questions that must be answered. First and foremost, if the U.S. government does not have enough hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11, how is it possible that it had enough evidence to invade Afghanistan to “smoke him out of his cave?” The federal government claims to have invaded Afghanistan to “root out” Bin Laden and the Taliban. Through the talking heads in the mainstream media, the Bush Administration told the American people that Usama Bin Laden was Public Enemy Number One and responsible for the deaths of nearly 3000 people on September 11, 2001. Yet nearly five years later, the FBI says that it has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.

The majority will soon belong to us, Nygdan.

Doubtful, since it looks like bin ladin in fact did do 911.

Oh yeah? Why hasn’t he been charged with it then? It doesn’t look like Bin Laden ‘in fact did do 9/11’ at all. You are bleeting.

although not for the ATS poll, which was split into different answers

An ATS poll is clearly not representative of the world population, or even the american population.

I said that exact same thing about 1 line underneath the text you quoted me from. Why the hell didn’t you include the rest of the quote? Talk about taking things out of context to support a weak argument… What a horrific use of selectivity. There are a lot of other Polls which you can not fault. You wait until the new Polls start coming out, we probably have the majority already. Get ready for a big shock, but don't be scared. It's something you need to know, and accept.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
So Nygdan, you admit you have no evidence to cite that backs up your assertion that the majority of people believe Al-Qaeda carried out 9/11?

Absolutely, I have no evidence, other than being a person in the world.

You're entitled to say that you think Al-Qaeda did it, but I dont think you should be speaking for the majority without any polls to back it up.

I think you've really lost it if you think that the majority of the public think bush did it or al-qaida didn't. I can't say its a statement of verified fact, but, seriously man, the public doesn't think that bush did it.

BH
Zogby Polls are taken by random telephone calls, not over the Internet.

Indeed, and if there were a zogby poll that polled the general public, I'd go along with it. What we have is a poll on the city of new york, wherein around half of the public thinks that the government had some 'prior knowledge'. Far cry from 'bin laden didn't do it' and even further from 'bush did it'. If anything, that poll shows that the majority of the public do infact think that bin ladin did it, or, at least, that bush didn't do it, IF we take it as representative of the public as a whole, since the 'bush did it' proportion is going to be a minority within the 'the government had some fore knowledge' population. BUT, I wouldnt' want to say that NYC is representative of the entire US population, let alone that of the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I think you've really lost it if you think that the majority of the public think bush did it or al-qaida didn't. I can't say its a statement of verified fact, but, seriously man, the public doesn't think that bush did it.

Freeze! Hold it right there. We are talking Government here, more accurately criminal elements within them. Don't turn around now and try to imply we all think it's the President who carried this out, and is solely responsible. I know your game. That's not going to wash. He was in on it, but he himself didn't do it all.

'He's just a stupid Puppet taking orders on a Cellphone...'

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join