It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Conspiracy Theorists Gather At LA Conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Thichheaded
You said what again?

I said that its pretty obvious what "Who did 911" is getting at.

Since we are slow, and cant understand a damn thing you are saying. Please by all means S P E L L out who did it for us.

You know since we have facts to back us up and all.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
What I'd like to know is why aren't there any major american news agencies reporting on this story?

As some have said before? Why?

That's like the news covering a Star Wars Convention except those have more sane people

Oh and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was the mastermind behind 9/11 not Osama. If he had a role, it was very limited.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
As some have said before? Why?

That's like the news covering a Star Wars Convention except those have more sane people

Yeah, like a Star Wars convention would call for the impeachment of President Muusch, and get Reuters coveration. Do you think they all dressed up in Vader, and Stormtrooper costumes and sat around drinking Blue WKD, playing Sci-Fi orientated card games, whilst arguing about which trilogy was better, the new one, or the old one? Get out of here.

Oh and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was the mastermind behind 9/11 not Osama. If he had a role, it was very limited.

Ah right, ok. Thank you. I had heard differently, but I'm not sure where. I can't remember.

*Communication_Monster walks off mumbling obscenity at the floor...*

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

American Scholars Symposium A Huge Success

People from as far away as Japan and Australia made the long-haul trip to L.A. to view slick presentations from numerous high profile speakers. Media organizations from Great Britain and Australia were also represented as well as over 100 alternative press outlets.

BYU physics professor Steven Jones' authoritative lecture on the use of incendiary devices in the demolition of the trade towers and building 7 went further than ever before in its conclusive tone on the issue. Jones has now tested steel samples from two different sites that both clearly show the use of thermate as a tool of implosion and the analysis has been verified by two other universities.

Lt. Col. Robert M. Bowman, the former head of the Star Wars weapons defense system and Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Nuclear Engineering from Cal Tech, also gave a powerful presentation on the NORAD 9/11 stand down which was extremely well received.

Similar article

The original Reuters article also seems to be circulating around the globe, with brief expansions and additions here and there.

Good News!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
Yeah, like a Star Wars convention would call for the impeachment of President Muusch, and get Reuters coveration. Do you think they all dressed up in Vader, and Stormtrooper costumes and sat around drinking Blue WKD, playing Sci-Fi orientated card games, whilst arguing about which trilogy was better, the new one, or the old one? Get out of here.

1. I was not saying this gathering or whatever it's call has anything to do with star wars or anything sci fi related. I'm saying there's really no difference between the two.
At sci fi conventions people of like mind gather and discuss whatever the sci fi convention is centered on. Here, 9/11 conspiracy theorists gather and discuss 9/11 conspiracy theories. There is no difference. This is no movement to cause change or engage in any meaningful debates or whatever. It's for people to sit around and agree with each other.

2. The mainstream news DO occasionally cover the Star Wars and Star Trek conventions

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Washington Post pick up on conference.

1. I was not saying this gathering or whatever it's call has anything to do with star wars or anything sci fi related. I'm saying there's really no difference between the two.

Of course you were not. I was obviously being sarcastic.

This is no movement to cause change or engage in any meaningful debates or whatever.

How isn't it? Scholars met to call for re-investigation, and denounce the Official lies. There were even calls for the impeachment of Bush. You can hardly parody this event with a Science Fiction convention, I tell you.

It's for people to sit around and agree with each other.

Well they didn't seem to all be agreeing with each other. There were ranging theories presented by various different speakers.

2. The mainstream news DO occasionally cover the Star Wars and Star Trek conventions

I stand corrected.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
how much is a 'vast majority'? 10% of the people? certainly, in orwellian doublethink it could be.

i nominate nygdan as the next pope. truth by proclamation. you go, girl. polls don't count for anything(even if 50, 000 people voted), but your ONE vote is worth more than all that.

at the bilderberger meeting in ottawa, recently, only a handful of protestors showed up.
is it because they are a small handfull of people who are AWARE of the activities of the bildebergers, or is it that they are the few and the proud that don't have to work, don't have families which can be threatened, and will throw caution and common sense to the wind in order to 'throw pebbles at tanks'.

MOST people that i know are now aware that the american government is lying, the media is lying, and 911 was not 19 hijackers working alone.
often, when you see something really shocking, the MEANING of the image sinks in long after the actual image is long gone.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
for those who believe 911 was an inside good job
; for those still believing everything their government says, do you still think santa is real?

wake up people, remember pearl harbor, remember operation northwoods, 911 commision was official crap as they said that building 7 collapsed because of minor fires. Then building 7 would be the 3 building in history to collapse because of fire, and must you know which 2 where the first ones.

for those approving ignorance, go watch some cartoons and vote for bush.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo_infowarrior
911 commision was official crap as they said that building 7 collapsed because of minor fires.

Correction: The 9/11 Commission Report didn't even mention World Trade 7 collapsing.

Apparently just wasn't that important. Not as important as, say, one of the dead hijacker's personal behaviors.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hey guys,

In the article I didn't see any report about where or when this took place, or if it is still going on. I live a little more than an hour away from downtown LA and would enjoy attending such an event.

Anyone have any info on this event?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   

; for those still believing everything their government says, do you still think santa is real?

wake up people, remember pearl harbor, remember operation northwoods, 911 commision was official crap as they said that building 7 collapsed because of minor fires. Then building 7 would be the 3 building in history to collapse because of fire, and must you know which 2 where the first ones.

really great argument - not. i personally believe the government want people like you to believe they did it. so you to are falling under there propaganda. do you seriously think they have not flooded the 911 debate with loads of disinfo.
one of the main things alex jones does is get his stuff from the media. one time he says do not believe the media than he says, believe the media if it does something he wants.
so you to do not know the answers for 911, so others are entitled to there opinion to. you get your info just the same as us, and these guys are really good at playing mind games with the population.
so which side of the 911 debate has people believeing in fairy tales. thats upto you.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
i personally believe the government want people like you to believe they did it. so you to are falling under there propaganda.

You keep saying this, but can you give me one good reason why the Government, or people behind the Curtain, would want us to think they staged that event, and murdered 3,000 plus Americans, when they didn't? What possible reason would they have for doing that? It doesn't make much sense. It seems to me like a serious and unnecessary hinderance to their own agenda, if I understand their agenda correctly.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Funny....

1. I've read through this thread and didn't find one person who said they believed everything the government says. Believing terrorists carried out the attacks is not believing everything the government says. Please explain the terrorists btw and all the evidence that supports their exsistence. I take it you have supstantial evidence that proves these people weren't who they said they were?

2. St. Nicholas is real

wake up people, remember pearl harbor

Yeah what about it?

remember operation northwoods

No. When did this happen? Oh wait....it never happened. Do you know why?

911 commision was official crap as they said that building 7 collapsed because of minor fires.

lol, got a source for that? I don't recall ANY of the reports saying that.

Then building 7 would be the 3 building in history to collapse because of fire, and must you know which 2 where the first ones.

lol, umm.....you might want to rephrase that.

Why? What does Bush have to do with anything? What about us who don't like Bush and are still waiting for someone to explain away the terrorists and provide credible proof that it was an inside job.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

How isn't it? Scholars met to call for re-investigation, and denounce the Official lies. There were even calls for the impeachment of Bush. You can hardly parody this event with a Science Fiction convention, I tell you.

Yeah you do. They role play all the time.
Anyway, these "scholars" can talk all they want. That's all they do. Actually doing something is something else.

Well they didn't seem to all be agreeing with each other. There were ranging theories presented by various different speakers.

lol, you know what I mean.
They're sitting around agreeing how evil the government is and how the government is trying to destroy us all or some crap.
Nonsense really.
The government is too greedy to do that. You destroy the consumer...then what?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

remember operation northwoods

No. When did this happen? Oh wait....it never happened. Do you know why?

It doesn't matter whether it happened back then, or not. It serves as a stark reminder for the people who say 'the government would never do this to us' about 11/9, that the Government have indeed planned similar operations in the past, and that these types of atrocious deceptions are in fact on the table. A little insight into the minds of these sorts of people can't hurt (us).

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

They're sitting around agreeing how evil the government is and how the government is trying to destroy us all or some crap.
Nonsense really.

Why don't you look into what they were actually doing instead of speculating yourself? Or just because you don't believe something, is it not worth your time to investigate? Is it easier to just make sarcastic remarks and wave your hand saying "these are not the droids you're looking for"? Notice i kept the Star Wars refference for you.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So here you actually nullify your claim that the vast majority of people believe that 'Al queda done it,' don't you? It's funny watching some back-peddling in counter clockwise circles.

What are you talking about?

I said that the only real poll, the zogby poll on nyc, shows that half of the people polled think that there isn't even a cover-up. Clearly the peopel tht don't think that there was a cover-up think that bin ladin did it.

Now can we actually get on and discuss the conference?

Go ahead and discuss the confernce, I'm not stopping you. Part of the context in which you brought the conference up in was that it shows that "tide has turned" so to speak and most peopel think that something terrible was going on behind the facade of the official story. That is not evidenced, and infact is probably refuted, by the Zogby poll, and its certainly not evidenced by the fact that the conference is occuring. How many people attended it?

can you give me one good reason why the Government, or people behind the Curtain, would want us to think they staged that event, and murdered 3,000 plus Americans, when they didn't?

They could easily be as sinister as implied, and simply be taking advantage of, to them, a fortuitous event. They can get people to start thinking that the government is evil, and organizing against it, internally and domestically. THen the puppet masters pulling the strings can have all sides fighting against one another, and then swoop in with 'a great solution' and take over.

Thichheaded
Please by all means S P E L L out who did it for us.

I said, its pretty obvious what the question "Who Did 911" means. And that if you polled people with that question, their answer would show where they stand, and I am betting that the majority of peopel will say "Bin Ladin" "Saudi nationals" "damned muslims" "radical militant jihadis" or some combination thereof, but not "The President", "Our own Government", etc.

billybob
how much is a 'vast majority'? 10% of the people? certainly, in orwellian doublethink it could be.

Only in an orwellian pseudo-reality does a completely meaningless poll get used to support a position like this. Only in an orwellian world of controlled information does a person site a population of peopel who are actively involved in conspiracy theory as a representative sample of the entire population. Its like putting a poll in a dentists technical journal and asking people what their flossing habits are, and then trying to say its representative of everyone. IOW, a border-line lie.

at the bilderberger meeting in ottawa, recently, only a handful of protestors showed up.

WEll, then, the Bilderbergers must be perfectly good for the world, since only a few people actually showed up to protest them. And what if we had the attendees of the conference take a vote on what to do about global trade? Would that be representative of the world's wishes????

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here is the website for the Conference:
www.americanscholarssymposium.org...

Alex Jones was apparently the Conference Chairman. It looks like Info-Wars was a sponsor/organizer.

It doesn't say on the website who the special surprise guests were.
Presenters include:

William Rodriguez
Prof. Steven E. Jones
LT. Col. Bob Bowman
Webster Griffin Tarpley
Dylan Avery
Prof. James Fetzer

The conference also is having showings of :
Alex Jone's Terror Storm
911-Eyewitness
The Second Edition of Loose Change
and a sneak preview of A Scanner Darkly

For anyone wanting to attend, you can't, it was held june 24th-June 25th.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

So here you actually nullify your claim that the vast majority of people believe that 'Al queda done it,' don't you? It's funny watching some back-peddling in counter clockwise circles.

What are you talking about?

I said that the only real poll, the zogby poll on nyc, shows that half of the people polled think that there isn't even a cover-up. Clearly the peopel tht don't think that there was a cover-up think that bin ladin did it.

You know damn well what I was talking about. How is 50% the vast majority?

Now can we actually get on and discuss the conference?

Go ahead and discuss the confernce, I'm not stopping you. Part of the context in which you brought the conference up in was that it shows that "tide has turned" so to speak and most peopel think that something terrible was going on behind the facade of the official story. That is not evidenced, and infact is probably refuted, by the Zogby poll, and its certainly not evidenced by the fact that the conference is occuring.

You are citing a 2004 Zogby poll as evidence that the tides are turning now? It's mid 2006, at present. Take a look at the date in your System tray, if you are unsure whether to trust me on that one or not. There was actually a second Zogby Poll conducted more recently. This one was Nationwide.

NEW ZOGBY POLL REVEALS OVER 70 MILLION VOTING AGE AMERICANS DISTRUST OFFICIAL 9/11 STORY AND SUPPORT NEW INVESTIGATION OF POSSIBLE US GOVERNMENT ROLE IN THE ATTACKS.

I don't use these Polls as an absolute indication of anything, but they are useful.

can you give me one good reason why the Government, or people behind the Curtain, would want us to think they staged that event, and murdered 3,000 plus Americans, when they didn't?

They could easily be as sinister as implied, and simply be taking advantage of, to them, a fortuitous event. They can get people to start thinking that the government is evil, and organizing against it, internally and domestically. THen the puppet masters pulling the strings can have all sides fighting against one another, and then swoop in with 'a great solution' and take over.

I wasn't asking that question of you, but thank you for your answer anyhow. If they are 'as sinister as implied', Nygdan, and they want people to think 'the Government is evil', without doing anything, then how did they get NORAD to stand down? What's the deal with the Drills? What's the deal with the 400 Billion other inconsistencies and blatant indications of complete Government involvement. None of these things could happen unless the Government, or whoever, were directly involved. They couldn't mislead the population into thinking they were involved unless they actually got involved, and did something, we're not that stupid. It's a paradox, or something like that, I think. Whether Saudi Al Queada militants were on those flights or not, the attacks couldn't have happened without inside assistance. In my opinion, your theory is impossible. Although some say nothing is impossible, so who knows?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Here is the website for the Conference:
www.americanscholarssymposium.org...

Alex Jones was apparently the Conference Chairman. It looks like Info-Wars was a sponsor/organizer.

Nice one, thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join