It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Yoga

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
Most people do reiki, but reiki is a dark art.
It is a dark art because you are impossing your will/sense of self onto someone else

How is reiki a dark art if you are using universal energy to heal? Get your facts straight before throwing blanket statements about this sort of thing. It has nothing to do with imposing will or force. If the person does not believe in it, it will not work. Its a two way street. The person receiving and the person sending have to believe, otherwise it is not effective. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yikes!
Easy, easy.
You don't have to jump at me like that.
I'm not a practitioner, I was simply passing on what I had learned from a group of other practitioners that I used to go to school with.
And, just so that you know, all energy, regardless of the type, is universal.
Also, to clarify...
Dark doesn't necessarily mean evil, just like light doesn't necessarily mean good.
It's all subjective, in the end (just as the beginning), it is all the same.
There is only the Way.
But we are not here to debate philosophy.
(or are we? I forget sometimes...
)

Oh yeah, now I remembered what I wanted to say...

Even if you are just acting as a conduit, you are still impossing (re-direction is still impossition).
That doesn't make it bad, it just is.

[edit on 6/22/2006 by wu kung]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Your definition of what a dark art is...is quite incomplete. Still Reiki does not fall in this catagory. You can not impose your will or transmit universal energies to someone without their consent. If the "patient" doesn't give the "practitioner" the ok then the universal energies won't do a thing. Reiki energy only works if all people agree.

The only "apposing of will" that could happen is talking to an individual and indoctrinate them in order to accept the energies. However this is an ethical aspect and has nothing to do with the practices of reiki.

In short. The practitioners that Wu-Kung talks with now # all about reiki if they said that you oppose your will and such onto others. I'm a Reiki master of the Shambala catagory, however I'm no longer an active practitioner of this system since I found more efficient and practical systems within the occult stream when studying ancient traditions from the East. I'm not a "master" like most who just read books and copy one another, instead I research all myself to find the truth.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I see...
Thanx Enyalius, for clearing that up for me.
At least you were polite about.

So, what would the darker version of reiki be?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
What is the EGO? (A wise man helped me understand this)

All the suffering, whether it be personal, or collective, is caused by the same thing. The ego. The ego is a false mind-made identity.

True to a degree, the ego being a civilian in a war, is neutral by nature, being neither hot nor cold. therefore attaches itself to whatever side is most self-serving at the time... The flesh made by the ignorant father, or the spirit/soul which was made by the true father... All the suffering stems from one, (the flesh) and all good comes from the other (the soul/spirit.) The false mind-made identity is simply the feeling of not knowing whether you're coming or going, being good or being bad. Guilt is Sin.
All suffering is not caused by ego, it is felt by ego... without ego there would be no point of view, for you.

The ego feeds on energy vibrating at its frequency. It seeks out to create conflict, and turmoil, to define its sense of separateness, its identity.

Just like people like to associate with people of similar interests, so do our ego's in another realm of being, not physical... The ego feeds off of the energies, whatever energies (flesh or spirit) are given to it. The devil was given the flesh to consume (the dirt/dust) which is symbolic of the lower-self.

What does the ego feed on? Time. It cannot live in the NOW, only in the future and past. It uses the mind to mentally linger in the past or future, creating a situation that will "fulfill" it, give it energy. By going into the present moment you dissolve the ego. This is the process of alchemy (transformation of consciousness).

The ego does not feed on time. The ego is either subject to time when associating with the flesh or it is not subject to time when it is associating with the spirit/soul.
We, being the ego, are flux... we may move at will where-ever and how-ever we choose, choosing to be subject to time, and not. It's only when we associate our ego with the flesh it knows past/present/future.

It is by bringing your ego and your soul/spirit TOGETHER into the now that you ascend

When the ego is dissolved, we can attain what is called enlightenment.

All this is, is the destruction of the flesh bonds your ego has.

There is so much more that I could talk about this, but it is important to remember that it is solely my opinion, based on experiences. Beliefs are not important when going through a shift of consciousness, sometimes they can actually hinder the process.

I understand experience is very important (doubting thomas)...
Beliefs are very important though, because it is your beliefs that shape your experience going into that shift in consciousness.... its those beliefs that are not solid that hinder the process, because they produce uncertainty and guilt.

We live in a dual world. Short, tall, good and evil. We are constantly comparing things, labelling them, judging them. This is done through the ego, that likes to make a sense of identity, by mentally labelling what is, in order to make itself superior to reality. What I'm trying to say is that it likes to make the present moment an enemy, it is always looking for the next moment, and uses this moment as a means to an end. It cannot live in the NOW, it needs future, it needs to fulfill itself, it is insufficient, it has not yet found itself.

This dual world stems from one thing.... Life and Death.
Things are considered Good when they produce life or improve it.
Things are considered Bad when they Kill and hinder life...

This duality is decieving.. it doesn't go

Good and Bad are not opposites on a linear scale...

Our view points shift when we associate with flesh and spirit/soul
Nothing is bad to the soul/spirit, because death does not exist to the ego then.

By going beyond dualism, we can dissolve the ego. Instead of mentally labelling things, we can let them be. This is the key, accepting every moment. We are constantly denying the moment, it is never enough. When we let go of all resistance to what is, we are free, the ego is gone.

It is by associating the ego with the spirit/soul that this is possible

This is what the image of Jesus on the cross represents. The acceptance of what is. Jesus' last moment of resistance is when he said "Lord, why have you forsaken me." He then completely accepts what is, when he says, "not my will, but Thy will be done." It is the archetypal image of letting go of resistance to the moment. Usually this only happens when the moment becomes so unbearable that all resistance to it collapses.

Actually he was speaking to his flesh father... He was letting go of the flesh.

The desires of the flesh are part of the ego, we do not supress them. Rather by dissolving the ego they become weaker, and weaker, until we are no longer identified with them and free.

Try it right now, just be in the moment. Notice the peace that comes along with the acceptance of what is.

Nothing happens that is not meant to happen. Peace. All questions welcome...

The future and past stem from positions of the flesh or states the flesh assumes... Being in the moment simply means not worrying about the state of the flesh.

The desires of the flesh are exactly that desires of the flesh... It is by leaving the flesh and clinging to the spirit/soul that we are free..

Do not worry, just as we were given these garments of inferior flesh we will be given garments of heavenly flesh when the transformation occurs.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yikes!
Easy, easy.
You don't have to jump at me like that.
I'm not a practitioner, I was simply passing on what I had learned from a group of other practitioners that I used to go to school with.

I was not trying to impede on you, but I felt you had crossed the line with your words. I take things a little too seriously at times and this happened to be one of those occasions. Next time though if you're going to call something bad/good, make sure you're informed
. Do as I say not as I do right? Haha wrong...

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I see...
Thanx Enyalius, for clearing that up for me.
At least you were polite about.

So, what would the darker version of reiki be?

There is none as far as I know.

However, due to personal experience, I'd say a darker aspect to reiki comes from inexperience. Such as another individual offered to help me get rid of excessive energies. I could get rid of it myself, but for the experience I agreed upon the aid offered. But I boosted so much energy at one given time that she felt a tremendous pressure throughout her body and chakra's...as if they were at the point of explosion.

Same for a lot of people who do reiki or energetic workings just to heal others. The system has degraded into becoming nothing more but teaching a monkey a simple esoteric trick to perform. By ignoring all the other practices and teachings that go along with reiki the entire system has grown weak in the west and the so called masters are nothing more then trained animals of said system whome most of the time can't think for themselves. Just look at how easily they copy one another without questioning what it is said and done.

Then again Reiki is not the "dark" system, but it can have such effects due to how the individual utilizes it. But this can be said about any system that works with magic(k)/energy upto more material stuff such as weaponry and technology. There is no black/white/green/grey magic there is only High (Ceremonial) and Low magic, where magic is universal energies such as reiki and can be used as the individual sees fit. So it is actually the individual that is the "dark" not the system one works with. The systems just are without any bias to what it has to do.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Some may not agree with me, but the 'ego' is what drives us to do GOOD things too. To dissolve your ego (which isn't possible for any great length of time anyway) would basically make you a robot in many aspects. It has its purpose in this fine world...it's called LIVING.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
You do not want to go down this road as it will ultimately lead to destruction...

Destruction of what? Ego? Please clarify.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
When I say dissolve the ego. The ego doesn't disappear and you turn into a robot. It simply means that you have obtained a perfect balance, and you have mastered control over your ego, you have placed yourself in charge of it. Now you are able to utilize your efforts without the distractions. AAC

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

When I say dissolve the ego. The ego doesn't disappear and you turn into a robot. It simply means that you have obtained a perfect balance, and you have mastered control over your ego, you have placed yourself in charge of it. Now you are able to utilize your efforts without the distractions. AAC

Before I agree with you, I want to make sure that you're not claiming this is enlightenment or being of a supreme spiritual status over another.

BTW, I wouldn't think what you're explaining would be dissolving your ego, merely fine tuning it. Which I can certainly agree with in many aspects.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I took a yoga class at 6 AM every morning in a dark gym room, all I could ever think of was going to sleep and how awful people smelled in there....I would never attempt yoga with anyone else but myself, I think that's the definition of dark yoga.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
this may just be my naiveity, but what is an ego? I thought it was what boasting people have?

[edit on 23-6-2006 by joecool280]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's basically YOU, Joe. Nothing to worry about reallly. I think spiritualists and Buddhists like to make it out to be this big bad thing that is the cause of all mankinds suffering and evil in the world. If I were you, I wouldn't buy into it, but to each their own.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28

Before I agree with you, I want to make sure that you're not claiming this is enlightenment or being of a supreme spiritual status over another.

BTW, I wouldn't think what you're explaining would be dissolving your ego, merely fine tuning it. Which I can certainly agree with in many aspects.

I am certainly not implying such. Mastering the ego is a precurser to more efficient developement towards enlightenment. It makes it easier in a sense. But it is hard in itself I should add, seemingly impossible even.

Dissolving what people think the ego is would be more appropriate I suppose. But when you say, "fine-tuning" the ego, I don't think it carries the actual weight of what is intended. AAC

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sorry, but I have to disagree.

It simply means that you have obtained a perfect balance, and you have mastered control over your ego, you have placed yourself in charge of it. Now you are able to utilize your efforts without the distractions.

That was your explanation of dissolving the ego, correct? The ego isn't only about bad things, you know? What do you think strives humanity for the desire to do good things? That would be the ego as well in my belief. If you want balance, fine tuning would be the answer in my eyes. Trying to weaken it to where it barely exists (which again is not possible) would only make us ambivolent and uncaring to ALL suffering including that of others. Wouldn't you agree? Nice conversation btw.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

In the teachings of Eckhart Tolle, which I assume is the philosophy you follow judging from your earlier posts (please correct me if I'm wrong), it was my understanding the phrase "dissolving the ego" is a process whose ultimate goal is the complete elimination of the ego.

If we simply gain control over the ego, how can we free the consciousness trapped within it?

[edit on 23/6/2006 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
If we simply gain control over the ego, how can we free the consciousness trapped within it?

Akashic, what makes you think that we're meant to? Personally, I see the 'ego' as part of the evolutionary process as it evolves 'collectively' over time therefore influencing mainstream consciousness in society over time. Individually, it evolves and changes as well. But, I think the ego is more about the collective picture in life than many would like to give it credit for. When someone says enlightenment, and higher evolved, blah, blah, blah, I cringe. I think people like that need a major 'ego' adjustment.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I thought that yoga was no more that exercise and meditation, no real purpose, no real goal, no real structure.

What you are thinking of as "Yoga" is a narrow definition. It really encompases a huge system of related but diverse beliefs.

I myself do it (bikram type) for excercise only, I don't even meditate. But even this has a purpose: increased fitness!

Yoga

BTW thanks for your reply to my U2U.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Every person here claims, or acts to claim, enlightened / spiritually aware to an extent. Yet there is much disagreement going on, even snapping and defensiveness. Without further comment, I will say I find that fascinating.

Ego has become a taboo in spiritual circles, and indeed it can lead to arrogance and harmful superiority. However ego itself has a very broad definition, and mistakenly alot of spiritualists are beleiving that they must shed all sense of personality, to fit into this egoless stereotype. It is not so that that is necessary for spiritual evolution, infact personality should not be disdained in this way, it is important and beneficial when healthy. Diversity is creativity, and that can only be a boon to our beautiful existance. To sum up, my position is that one should lead their ego, and not let it lead them.

The mindset of "destruction" in the name of the light and purity, is the biggest contradiction I have ever seen. But ofcourse, we would not be here if we weren't still learning
And I'm sure I have much more to see.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join