It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Yoga

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang

Originally posted by dnero6911
It isn't the personality, the personality acts like clothes, we choose what to wear on our ego.
It isn't the spirit, the spirit sustains it.. Like our ego sustains our flesh..

Our Ego is our seperate identities.. our memories and beliefs once again are like a costume, it doesn't change who we are (the ego) it simple changes its appearance..

The negative connotation stems from our misunderstanding/definition of the ego for one and second.. having a big ego, just means having no regard for anyone but yourself, thinking of yourself as more important.

Ok i understand abit more you believe of the ego, but i dont understand how you can say our memories and beliefs are life a costume, it doesnt change who we are.
How can you memory and beliefs not change your "ego" as your memory and belifs dicate the person you are?

As to say i would be a very different person if i had the memories and beliefs of adolf hitler, would i not? Again sorry for the cliche character, just wanted to use a extreme to show my position.

Good point, ...
They are like costumes, it doesn't change who we are, because of God's grace... (Christ) .. because once we are purified through the fire, the costumes will be destroyed, and all that will be left is our essence, our ego. The reason for the costumes was to act the part, to learn the role. Once thats complete theres no need for the costumes. Meaning were not going to be punished for what we did while in the costume,... but if we believe that we are the costume we will be. i.e. Destroyed with the costume.

[edit on 26/6/06 by dnero6911]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Really? I feel at peace and love with my surroundings...Infinitely connected like we are in reality. There is no separation between me and you, it is only the illusion of our bodies that make it so. We cannot see what is unseen because we do not believe.

I do feel at peace and more in tune with my surroundings, but that definitely doesn't mean it's this overwhelming feeling of love that lasts forever nor can I say that there is any spark. I meditate to keep my emotions in check and to relieve stress.

A lot of people don't believe in "God" or whatever concept of "God" because they cannot hold it in their hands. I am not saying I believe in one entity as the God-head, but that we are all part of this greater existence. God is us, we are God, I don't know how else to put it.

Again, why do you believe that? Is it because you have been conditioned to believe that there is something greater to our existence?

Creation is a living, breathing entity. Everything that was, is, and ever shall be has always been connected. Imagine time as a circle that can be rearranged, cut, paste etc by conscious beings. Because we are not conscious as humans (yes I know people its a different idea of conscious than you're thinking of) to the greater realities of life, you could say we are unconscious. We are disconnected from the world because we are too caught up in our own lives to look at the bigger picture.

Yes, let's talk about the big picture. I can agree that our energies our connected in this life, but i'm not convinced that includes death or an after life. So, in the big picture do you think that back in the dark ages when man/woman first came to be, that he/she was the overwhelming bundle of joy and love? Or do you think their basic instincts told them to survive at any and all costs and that throughout history religion and the divinity were created so that we would all play nicey nice and get along so that we could get the big reward at the end? Kind of like a child....you can usually train them pretty easily when a reward is involved. And, who knows we may be connected to some divine God or whatever. I don't know and i'm not claiming to know...this is all my opinions and subjective, remember?

Maybe its our fault, maybe its our ancestors fault, but the blame game is not the way to go either. It is up to every single person to do their part in reconnecting to the First Source (ah wingmakers
). What you do will affect your life and possibly others, so be aware of your surroundings when you make decisions. To live life blindly and go through the motions is to live DEAD. To be the walking dead, as Yeshua/Jesus describes it "Let the dead bury the dead."

I'm not blaming anyone for anything nor am I living my life blindly. I'm the one living in the reality of the situation. I'm the one accepting the here and now of the moment. I'm the one living my life to the fullest as if there is no tomorrow because hey, you never know? And, I certainly do attempt to be aware of my surroundings, but that isn't the big picture or the reality of the situation. After all we have to eat don't we? We can't play nicey nice all of the time.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by zenlover28]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
As you said love could just be the combination of other feelings, but then again cant these other feelings like compassiong, empathy etc could just be social contructs again?

Yep, in my opinion they are. Just like our consciences are constructed in my opinon. We feel bad when we do something that we've been told not to do because we get to thinking about it and we know we've been told to not do it. But, when I was a child would I have known instinctively that it was not right to steal? Or that it I was supposed to share? Or that I wasn't supposed to beat the heck out of my brother? Nahhhh.

Also you stated if we killed the ego all that would be left is love,
So if the ego is a social construct, then what as i stated befor how we are brought up (memories and beliefs) define our ego.

Heck no, I did not state that and if I did it was a big mistake. LOL. I'm questioning that. I definitely do not believe that, but many do and that is their right to do so.

BTW...we're off topic here, so i'd be happy to follow into another thread if anyone wants to continue the convo. Otherwise, I think we should allow the thread to get back on topic or we're going to get into deep doo-doo w/some mods.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
I do feel at peace and more in tune with my surroundings, but that definitely doesn't
mean it's this overwhelming feeling of love that lasts forever nor can I say that there is any spark. I meditate to keep my emotions in check and to relieve stress.

Yes I agree with you on this, but a part of peace is love. Love is our underlying factor for living. If it wasn't for the creator's infinite love of his creation, we would be long gone. Meditation can be used to relieve stress as well and will be very helpful "centering" oneself.

Again, why do you believe that? Is it because you have been conditioned to believe that there is something greater to our existence?

Ok maybe it is the fact that I'm human and want to be a part of something great. However, I have done extensive research in the paranormal, biblical, mysticism, etc that lead me to the conclusion that we are not alone. How can you explain all of the weird happenings in this world? We cannot see all of reality, plain and simple. You have your own opinions of course and I respect that. Although I may disagree with some of your statements, you seem to at least be on the right track

Yes, let's talk about the big picture. I can agree that our energies our connected in this life, but i'm not convinced that includes death or an after life. So, in the big picture do you think that back in the dark ages when man/woman first came to be, that he/she was the overwhelming bundle of joy and love? Or do you think their basic instincts told them to survive at any and all costs and that throughout history religion and the divinity were created so that we would all play nicey nice and get along so that we could get the big reward at the end? Kind of like a child....you can usually train them pretty easily when a reward is involved. And, who knows we may be connected to some divine God or whatever. I don't know and i'm not claiming to know...this is all my opinions and subjective, remember?

The dark ages was an interesting time where humans were disconnected from the source even moreso than we are now. We've been lied to for countless ages (probably around 6000 years?) and are now entering a time of change. While I'm not sure I believe all the stories about the Age of Aquarius, I definately agree that times are changing. I am part of this generation of change and plan to do all I can to help humans through this transformation of consciousness. As for the big reward at the end...life is that reward. We are part of the fruition right now. We are part of God's playground figuring out life as it may be through infinite experiences and existences. If it were not for people like you and me disagreeing, the world would be a very boring place and no one would improve themselves. God would not learn from our experiences if this was the case, but I truly hope it is not. Think of the world as God's school (mystery school at that) in which every conscious being works their way up the ladder until they are finally at home (First Source). We are at the bottom rung of that ladder right now although there are infinite realities below us as well, they are still part of this lowest rung. Yes....very good point everyone's opinion is subjective. I am not claiming to be right either, but these are my beliefs. You can question my beliefs just as I can question yours

I'm not blaming anyone for anything nor am I living my life blindly. I'm the one living in the reality of the situation. I'm the one accepting the here and now of the moment. I'm the one living my life to the fullest as if there is no tomorrow because hey, you never know? And, I certainly do attempt to be aware of my surroundings, but that isn't the big picture or the reality of the situation. After all we have to eat don't we? We can't play nicey nice all of the time.

No no no, you got me all wrong. I was not attacking you in anyway, just stating some opinions. I appreciate you living in the now, that is the first step to greatness. Good point on the needs of the body...We cannot always think high and mighty so to speak. The material world holds us here until we are ready to break free and enter the immaterial. This means we must stay somewhat grounded here or we'll go crazy, die, or both (I don't know how you can be crazy and die at the same time but you get the point I hope).

zenlover28, thank you for the educated response, I don't get that very often
. Its good to see some people think about their opinions and are willing to back them up as well...Sorry about the big response, but I have more to voice later

[edit on 26-6-2006 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Mods..sorry we're off topic.

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Yes I agree with you on this, but a part of peace is love. Love is our underlying factor for living. If it wasn't for the creator's infinite love of his creation, we would be long gone. Meditation can be used to relieve stress as well and will be very helpful "centering" oneself.

Peace to me from a meditative perspective certainly isn't about love. Nor is peace in general in my opinion. Peace is more of a quietness in my mind. And as far as peace in general being a part of love...I think that is definitely subjective and open to interpretation.

How can you explain all of the weird happenings in this world? We cannot see all of reality, plain and simple.

I can't. But, neither can I explain a divine creator appearing out of nowhere and making it all happen.

The dark ages was an interesting time where humans were disconnected from the source even moreso than we are now.

I would think they would be closer to the source as they had no social, cultural or political factors conditioning their minds?

We've been lied to for countless ages (probably around 6000 years?) and are now entering a time of change. While I'm not sure I believe all the stories about the Age of Aquarius, I definately agree that times are changing. I am part of this generation of change and plan to do all I can to help humans through this transformation of consciousness.

I'll buy that we've been lied to allright, but it was probably necessary. Kind of like a white lie....get my drift? But, it's not needed anymore as we've evolved past the point of actually needing to believe a divine creator exists. We know the basics of what to do and not to do now to survive....doesn't mean that we follow them, but we know.

As for the big reward at the end...life is that reward. We are part of the fruition right now. We are part of God's playground figuring out life as it may be through infinite experiences and existences.

Ummm well if God has the ability to create all of this then I feel quite sure he wouldn't need all of us to do the experiencing for him. That makes us all sound like a bunch of lab rats.

Think of the world as God's school (mystery school at that) in which every conscious being works their way up the ladder until they are finally at home (First Source). We are at the bottom rung of that ladder right now although there are infinite realities below us as well, they are still part of this lowest rung.

Again, the human need to feel special and important. I would never want to be close to such an ego maniac..the God that you're explaining that is.

No no no, you got me all wrong. I was not attacking you in anyway, just stating some opinions. I appreciate you living in the now, that is the first step to greatness.

First step to greatness, eh? I won't even comment

Good point on the needs of the body...We cannot always think high and mighty so to speak. The material world holds us here until we are ready to break free and enter the immaterial. This means we must stay somewhat grounded here or we'll go crazy, die, or both

Yeah, well I pretty much think death is eventually guaranteed. Being crazy is again..just subjective.

zenlover28, thank you for the educated response, I don't get that very often
. Its good to see some people think about their opinions and are willing to back them up as well...Sorry about the big response, but I have more to voice later

You're welcome. I wouldn't consider them educated responses though.....I was taught to believe in the Bible literally. As you can see....I rebelled.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join