It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's forces finds two missing soldiers dead, tortured.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
last time i looked, the insurgents are mostly from neighboring countries, also last time i looked we are rebuilding schools and homes, not just running around being "gung ho"

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
The stuff that was going on in the first gulf war has little or nothing to what just happened to these 2 young men. So I ask you Brill - If this were your son that had just been tortured and the mutilated by these animals would you have a different opinion of the marines. No one likes war. I have been in every scrap from Vietnam up to and including Somalia. I'll tell you what these animals have bastardized islam to suit their own needs, Torture went on before and still is and will happen again. I don't like war. Crazy people likeit. I have seen what these animals do to a human and like rabbit said they don't care whether you are a barganing chip or not. They want ot make a point that they can and will kill or torture to get it across. Personally 25 or 30 daisy cutters on the whole friggin mess will break their backs real fast. If that doesn't do it then start at one end of the country and go house to house and take the weapons. Give these animals one chance to lay the weapon down or they die on the spot. Then once that operation is going on the real bad guys will run out of hiding like rats and you take them down. What's so complicated as that. As for the Marines boohoo ing I rather doubt it.

Not quite sure where your going with this but to answer your questions....

1. If this were my son I would have educated them to the best of my ability so that they could, on their own, make rational, ethical and moral decisions. In doing so they would probably deduce very quickly that this operation is a sham and quite frankly not worth surrendering your life so that political pinheads could see happier days.

2. I think anyone with a sane conscience would discourage war of any type, but that is not reality. We both agree there.

3. You can't bomb an ideology into submission, regardless of it's intentions, it just doesn't work. Your house to house approach is impractical and would only fuel the anger thats currently present. There are innocent people in Iraq who are also losing loved ones and (to my point) it doesn't exempt them from the same anguish & pain that these Marines families have to endure. Like I said before it sucks but there's no point in whining about it. I made no comment of Marines "boohoo'ing" I was merely stating that each side has suffered losses, neither more important than the other.

brill

[edit on 23-6-2006 by brill]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
last time i looked, the insurgents are mostly from neighboring countries

If you believe the propaganda and bureaucratic manure then yes. This is after all the next logical step in this current administrations carte blanche approach to global domination. To those that would argue this I need only point to Saudi Arabia (a well known terrorist haven) and question why no action has been taken against that nation.

brill

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
If you believe the propaganda and bureaucratic manure then yes. This is after all the next logical step in this current administrations carte blanche approach to global domination. To those that would argue this I need only point to Saudi Arabia (a well known terrorist haven) and question why no action has been taken against that nation.

brill

Well it seems to me that since many of those terrorists are from around the world, we might as well invade all of the nations that they originated from.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Its sad news BUT if i lived in Iraq and had some "gun ho" army invaded my country for no other reason then lies, i would also be on the street DEFENDING MY COUNTRY AT ALL COSTS. Anyone who disagrees is a liar and hypocrite.

ONCE AGAIN PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE *SNIP* SAND

You are making a Michael Moore assumption and have obviously missed the latest news about WMD's being found in Iraq. So take that argument and flush it now and forever.

As for the rest, the average citizen doesn't seem to be having a problem with us being there. We ousted a murderous dictator, much like Hitler, who WAS intent on committing genocide on his own people. Just because the terrorist rats have come to where the 'action' is doesn't make them "oridinary citizens".

When you go to the combat zone and come back, then come and talk to us. Otherwise, stop throwing the peanuts.

[edit on 23/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

you target mosques, schools, etc. Its justifiable that they are considered as legit targets because they are part of the equation to win a war.

Are you describing the meaning of Bush's war on terror, Isreals botched air strikes or the behavior of US troops in Iraq ?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think Brill makes some good points. I don't agree with all of them. But good points.

In saying Israel had botched air raids. I would rank there air force easily in the top five in the world. And they very rarely "botch" anything.

And I would take the US troops behavior over the other sides behavior 99% of the time. It is sad the US has taken some of the characteristics of the otherside at times. You have to adapt your stratergy at times to the enemy to reach your goal. But the danger in doing that is that you can become them.

But you know what we are seeing is war. Books glorify war. When you see it in video form and pictures in a short time frame it shows you what war really is. Two sides trying to kill each other. And guess what we have pictures and video of that killing and suffering.

We get to see these videos and pictures, but they are edited along the way too. So until you are really there, you are getting views of really what happened. I would rather have an insurgents or a US soldiers or an Iraqi civilians view then any of ours posting here, as it is first hand and as unfiltered as can be. Not perfect, but not edited by news corporations, governments, military spokes people, and terrorist organizations.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

Are you describing the meaning of Bush's war on terror, Isreals botched air strikes or the behavior of US troops in Iraq ?

No I'm describing you as a resistance fighter who may support the insurgency's methods of fighting a war where civilians are legit targets to win a war.

Its pretty simple answer.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob

We get to see these videos and pictures, but they are edited along the way too. So until you are really there, you are getting views of really what happened. I would rather have an insurgents or a US soldiers or an Iraqi civilians view then any of ours posting here, as it is first hand and as unfiltered as can be. Not perfect, but not edited by news corporations, governments, military spokes people, and terrorist organizations.

There are some in here who have served active combat. Some may say from the "Delta to the DMZ" but I won't make such claims. Stuff a bit more tame such as Desert Storm, Operation Just Because, and my personal favorite, Bosnia. Nothing as grand as this conflict, no doubt. And I've never been to Somalia, either. But I have spent some time in other "peacetime" areas that aren't so very peaceful.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well thanks for serving Troulbashoota! My military expierience is quite lame. Army Reserves in a very messed up medical hospital.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join