It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's forces finds two missing soldiers dead, tortured.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Those that have served in the military would tell you that this act of slaughter is standard fare. I can assure you, the troops were tortured, interrogated, tortured and killed. The captors don't care to have a bargaining chip..... they only wanted to show violence and propaganda with inhumane murder. That is a terrorists stock in trade. It has been that way for many wars & years.

As do we all, my heart and thoughts go out to the families.... who must LIVE with this image.... like Nick Berg's family did.

Just my opinion.

Dave

Well said Dave. I said in an earlier post that people seem to have forgotten Soviet pilots and soliders in Afghanistan getting the same thing on a routine basis. Chechnya was the same story, with Muslims making videos of Russian soldiers being tortured and beheaded. What I think outrages me more than not is that only certain groups of people (Vets definitely) seem to really be fully aware that this goes on. Of course, what furthers this is how quickly the general public forget about it and nothing is really done about it.

You have to admit that a few 500lb. bombs pale in comparison to the Nick Berg propoganda. Just doesn't feel like justice to me.

This is an enemy that will not stop unless eradicated from the face of the earth. It would have to be a completely devastating blow to this type of group. They are a danger to anyone around them...especially those who do not share their beliefs and that includes fellow Muslims.

People just don't get it...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
^ i agree 100% with your comment. they will not stop unless fully exterminated.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Barbaric actions? How many prisoners of war have been executed by American soldiers? The answer is 3, and the three soldiers who did it have been thrown in the brig and await trial that will likely lead to a life sentence. While I am shooting holes in your bs, I'll help you track the information by pointing out that prisoner was killed a month ago, it was the first to die by a method other than suicide since the war began.

Your hate for the US has distorted your capability to be objective and insightful on the Iraq war issue.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by darksided]

Absolutely well said. Again, people just don't get it. Our so-called 'torture' to obtain information on murderers planning more murder cannot be compared with the outright slaughter committed in the name of Allah by the other side.

The Jessica Lynch thing points out that Iraq has been taken over by the same nuts that ran into the trade centers, who did the same thing to Russian soldiers in Chechnya, and who did the same thing to their own people in Afghanistan. It is a travelling, nomadic splinter cell of Islam who go where the action is. If not Iraq, then Iran. If not Iran, then Syria. Or Palestine. You pick...they move there with their special blend of barbarism and religion brought on by extreme ignorance and prejudice.

"What goes around comes around". You are watching too much CNN and Syriana. Wake up, people. We did not 'bring this on ourselves' by ousting Saddam. These people showed up where the action is just because. Not because we "killed thier childen". They weren't even there in 2003!

WAKE up and learn how to loath and despise the true enemy of the world. We are all infidels and must be destroyed. It does not matter if we move or stand still. Again, people just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Its pretty sick.

Was this an act of retaliation to try and show the world just because Zarqawi is dead, that the insurgency still lives, or could it be that killing Zarqawi didn't make a damn bit of difference?

Perhaps I am right. Perhaps the whole insurgency is no longer a well directed animal, but a huge juggernaut with thousands of hands and legs and no brain. And when dealing with such a creature, cutting off the assumed head of the beast will do nothing, as the creature in reality has none.

This is really upsetting because it was soldiers taken, but perhaps they, unlike civilians, have been living with a death reality, and, knowing damn well that the terrorists were going to kill them anyway, put up a fight and decided not to give them the benefit of a video taped plea.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

This is really upsetting because it was soldiers taken, but perhaps they, unlike civilians, have been living with a death reality, and, knowing damn well that the terrorists were going to kill them anyway, put up a fight and decided not to give them the benefit of a video taped plea.

In your case, I hope you are right. It would be an outrage to learn that these actions were taped or photographed. But I hate to tell you that if something doesn't get posted to the 'Net very soon showing just that, I'd be very suprised indeed.

That's their tool...terror...and we have them to thank for all of the wonderful material that Al Jazeera and Ogrish both seem so willing to display for the Enemy.

What I wonder right now is what our reaction will be as a nation compared to Russia who were sent the very same videos from Chechnya. Russia is still economically hobbled and beset with military downsizing. But I wonder what the response from us will be? Already Congress is bickering as Leftists are using this as an excuse to "pull out!".

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Perhaps the whole insurgency is no longer a well directed animal, but a huge juggernaut with thousands of hands and legs and no brain. And when dealing with such a creature, cutting off the assumed head of the beast will do nothing, as the creature in reality has none.

Skadi, as I already wrote in a different thread, there is no such thing as "insurgency". There are warring factions of Iraqi people, some of them with links to the Shia government, and some in opposition, such as Sunni, and then there is a whole area of Kurdistan which is ethnically mixed but more or less dominated by the Kurdish pesh merga.

We just have a complex struggle among the factions, and it's not an "insurgency" as per dictionary definition.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

We just have a complex struggle among the factions, and it's not an "insurgency" as per dictionary definition.

Keep thinking that. If any Iraqi's are truly involved, they are being led around by the nomadic nuts that I described above. They are being mobilized by the true enemy.

Go back and read al-Z's biography that followed his death. He was a traveller, as are most of the radicals that are leading this insurgency. Look at the time line as well. This really didn't get cranked up until a year after we occupied Iraq.

And it also explains why some combatants on our side "snap" and do what they do, if in fact they truly are running around grabbing innocent people and killing them. It's a big war that has all sorts of people fighting in it..and some are not capable of holding back rage when bomb after bomb is going off and killing their fellow soldiers.

Ask Dave Rabbit about that..he knows where I'm going with this. The media helps this by hyping it up and making it sound like the rest of the thousands of troops out there are all snapping and doing the same thing...just running around killing civilians and burning villages.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
shots.. i tihnk u meant to say the opposite.. where are the human rights groups when our soldiers are mutilated?

I think you misread what I sated I had it right the first time. Here is what I said "What I want to know is where are all those human rights groups that cry foul when it is alleged that some insurgent was tortured?

Note I asked where they were; meaning they never cry foul when it happens to Americans or coalition forces.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

shots.. i tihnk u meant to say the opposite.. where are the human rights groups when our soldiers are mutilated?

I think you misread what I sated I had it right the first time. Here is what I said "What I want to know is where are all those human rights groups that cry foul when it is alleged that some insurgent was tortured?

Note I asked where they were; meaning they never cry foul when it happens to Americans or coalition forces.

I couldn't really respond to you post, because it would include a nice swear word...kind of like "Yeah, no ****!"

Agreed.

I wasn't responding to yours, though. There were others that I quoted...I think I agreed with one of yours.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
^ ya sorry i mis read, i guess this topic angers me too much to read correctly

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

i dont have to deal with it. you have no respect for servicemen.
i hope your not american because if you are ill be disappointed

Whatever. It has nothing to do with being american or not. My point is war is hell, there is sometimes no explanation for these types of atrocities.

brill

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
If Jessica Lynch was captured today she would probably be raped, tortured and even beheaded.

AS I recall she was raped the first time.

Jessica Raped

Yup she sure was

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Raped and all eleven members of her squad were killed.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The stuff that was going on in the first gulf war has little or nothing to what just happened to these 2 young men. So I ask you Brill - If this were your son that had just been tortured and the mutilated by these animals would you have a different opinion of the marines. No one likes war. I have been in every scrap from Vietnam up to and including Somalia. I'll tell you what these animals have bastardized islam to suit their own needs, Torture went on before and still is and will happen again. I don't like war. Crazy people likeit. I have seen what these animals do to a human and like rabbit said they don't care whether you are a barganing chip or not. They want ot make a point that they can and will kill or torture to get it across. Personally 25 or 30 daisy cutters on the whole friggin mess will break their backs real fast. If that doesn't do it then start at one end of the country and go house to house and take the weapons. Give these animals one chance to lay the weapon down or they die on the spot. Then once that operation is going on the real bad guys will run out of hiding like rats and you take them down. What's so complicated as that. As for the Marines boohoo ing I rather doubt it.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Keep thinking that. If any Iraqi's are truly involved, they are being led around by the nomadic nuts that I described above. They are being mobilized by the true enemy.

Even the US Army admits that the "foreign fighters" are only a small minority of the insurgency in general. Al Qaeda in Iraq, until recently led by the late unlamented Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, are certainly one of the most spectacularly murderous groups, but they are more of a fringe group with a taste for grisly theatre. The foreign jihadists are opportunists, and they certainly are operating in Iraq, but they don't constitute the bulk of the people fighting the coalition forces. They are just the ones willing to commit the most shocking (and newsworthy) atrocities.

They were considered extremists even by other radical Sunni groups, a fact that probably led to al-Zarqawi's demise. Aelita's description of the insurgency is a more accurate one - many diverse groups with different agendas, and different tactics. And I think if you asked any honest .mil intel people working in Iraq right now, they'd tell you the same thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Its sad news BUT if i lived in Iraq and had some "gun ho" army invaded my country for no other reason then lies, i would also be on the street DEFENDING MY COUNTRY AT ALL COSTS. Anyone who disagrees is a liar and hypocrite.

ONCE AGAIN PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE *SNIP* SAND

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Its sad news BUT if i lived in Iraq and had some "gun ho" army invaded my country for no other reason then lies, i would also be on the street DEFENDING MY COUNTRY AT ALL COSTS. Anyone who disagrees is a liar and hypocrite.

ONCE AGAIN PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE *SNIP* SAND

Gung ho maybe, but that don't mean you should kill civilians in the name of Allah while targeting American troops as well.

[edit on 23/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
while targeting American troops as well.

So let me get this straight if the US was invaded by china and lied about there reasons for doing so, you would not target chinese troops and any US citizens helping them take over ?

Its sad to see SOOOOOO many people on ATS unable to view stitutions from other perspectives

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
helium i agree 100%

we've labeled these iraqi's as insurgents, because they arent letting us role in and occupy there country.

Its amazing to see now people actually agree saddam was better off INCHARGE.

IT takes a ruthless leader to control ruthless citizens.

Saddams deserves to burn in hell for all his murderous ways,
but in the same sense doesnt majority of the worlds leaders?
Some countries HANG, some Stone, some INJECT, some behead..

The us had no right to go in and detain him, and occupy there land.

It shows the ignorance of the US government when they believed all the iraqi's would just EMBRACE american values.

I mean, how could anyone possibly resist the goodness of america?
being they lied about the reasons going to war...

Plus supposidly it isnt the iraqi's killing innocent civilians.
its foreign fighters and alqaeda who target the mosques, shopping centres, markets and so forth.

There's only 2 people that will benefit from civil war in iraq.

The USA
and Alqaeda.

The USA because its an excuse to pull out troops and blame the feuding parties on making a democratic iraq FAIL..
and alqaeda, because ultimately it shows they can be beaten, they can be run out.

Really, it only proves one thing to me.

You only win a war, when the men fighting it truley believe in the goals.
We beelived in the goals in ww2, because hitler was an evil sob.
We believed in the goals in gulfwar1, because it apeared saddam invaded kuwaitt forn o apparent reason.

We didnt win vietnam because there was no reasonable outcome.
and we wont win this, because the soilders are realising the lies that were told to send them there, the soilders are the ones seeing all the dead innocents, and ultimately no soilder on the ground can foresee a winable position.

This war has wrecked the internal confidence of the US armed forces because bascially,

no one can trust the US anymore.

IF they get hit, was it really the enemy, or was it internal.
There is always going to be that stigmata surrounding the USA, thanks to the 911 coverup and the iraqi debacle.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

So let me get this straight if the US was invaded by china and lied about there reasons for doing so, you would not target chinese troops and any US citizens helping them take over ?

Its sad to see SOOOOOO many people on ATS unable to view stitutions from other perspectives

Let me be more specific, you go killing civilians because it helps make more chaos in the country because it makes the new govt weak, you target mosques, schools, etc. Its justifiable that they are considered as legit targets because they are part of the equation to win a war. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats pretty much how you fight a war that the insurgents and terrorists doing right now in Iraq eh? You probably agree with how they do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join