It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean ICBM

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Update.
CBS Reported this morning that the U.S. is moveing two ships to the area around N Korea to track the missle when it is launched.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Here is an Interesting Article about North Korea "Nuking" Alaska:

Prison Planet

Reports today concerning the completed fueling of North Korea's long range Taepodong-2 missile and its planned launch within a month omit several key aspects of the story, including the fact that North Korea already launched a missile that hit Alaska, with the help of the US government.

In March 2003, the Korea Times reported that the U.S. National Assembly included a startling admission in its final report regarding Pyongyang’s missile capabilities.

A nuclear-capable North Korean test warhead was found in Alaska.

"According to a U.S. document, the last piece of a missile warhead fired by North Korea was found in Alaska,’’ former Japanese foreign minister Taro Nakayama was quoted as saying in the report. "Washington, as well as Tokyo, has so far underrated Pyongyang’s missile capabilities.’’

The 1994 Agreed Framework deal gave North Korea the capacity to generate enough nuclear fuel to produce almost 100 nuclear bombs per year. A 1999 congressional study undertaken by the House North Korea Advisory Group warned,

“Through the provision of two light water reactors [LWRs] under the 1994 Agreed Framework, the United States, through KEDO, will provide North Korea with the capacity to produce annually enough fissile material for nearly 100 nuclear bombs, should the Democratic People's Republic of Korea [DPRK] decide to violate the Nonproliferation Treaty [NPT].”

In April 2002 the Bush administration announced that it would release $95 million of American taxpayer’s dollars to begin construction of the ‘harmless’ light water reactors. Bush argued that arming the megalomaniac dictator Kim Jong-Il with the potential to produce a hundred nukes a year was, “vital to the national security interests of the United States.” Bush released even more money in January 2003, as reported by Bloomberg News,

“President George W. Bush is seeking $3.5 million for the international consortium that continues to build two nuclear reactors for North Korea, even as the U.S. confronts the communist regime over nuclear arms.”

Under the 1994 Agreed Framework, the Clinton administration agreed to replace North Korea’s domestically built nuclear reactors with light water nuclear reactors. So-called government-funded ‘experts’ stated that light water reactors couldn’t be used to make bombs. Not so according to Henry Sokolski, head of the Non-proliferation Policy Education Centre in Washington,

“LWRs could be used to produce dozens of bombs' worth of weapons-grade plutonium in both North Korea and Iran. This is true of all LWRs -- a depressing fact U.S. policymakers have managed to block out.”

“These reactors are like all reactors, they have the potential to make weapons. So you might end up supplying the worst nuclear violator with the means to acquire the very weapons we're trying to prevent it acquiring.”

According to the State Department, light water reactors in Iran can produce nuclear material but somehow the same rule doesn’t apply in North Korea.

So - is anybody Surprised?

Looks like the Globalists are playing a "Deadly Game".

And it looks like, that missiles from North Korea have already hit American Soil.

Tea anyone?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RecDude
China gives only limited support to North Korea. Most of it is in the form of energy and food.

If they totally abandon North Korea then they would have to militarize their border even further to prevent millions of North Koreans from trying to defect into China in search of food.

I am not so sure about that. There are signs that if the US invades North Korea, China will shoose the side of Nort Korea, because they loose power if the US control this state. It's more in their interest to have a raletively weak North Korea, but controlled by China. Than a United Korea which is in favor of the US.

www.pinr.com...

Even 48% of the South Korean people will inmidiatly shoose the side of North Korea in case of an attack

times.hankooki.com...

[edit on 20/6/2006 by rai76]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
wrong post

[edit on 20/6/2006 by rai76]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Please, do your research before spouting off that "Japan isn't able to defend itself". I think they are more than capable. They're just not allowed to invade anyone....

I have done my research. If North Korea were to attack Japan with conventional weapons or to try to invade, Japan could defend itself very well. However, that wasn't what I said.

My quote was: "If North Korea starts lobbing missiles Japan doesn't have the ability to eliminate that threat."
Because of the limitations in its Constitution Japan doesn't have that capability.

Rai76 Now you have the US invading Japan. Come on.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kipman725
I don't see why fueling the missile shows that the missile is soon to be launched. In Britain ICBM's during the cold war were kept constantly fueled so they could be launched quickly.

Not true, liquid rocket fuel is highly corrosive and deteriorates over time. You CANNOT leave a missile fuelled indefintely, unless of course it's solid fuel, which it isn't.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Foxnews is now reporting that North Korea has announced it is not bound by any treaties with regards to firing a missile and that other countries cannot say anything about their plans.

hehe Fox News showed a graphic of launch trajectories eminating from NK and hitting targets like Chicago, LA and Seattle.

DUCK AND COVER AND KISS YOUR BEHIND GOODBYE.

Would be nice to know though that the ABL is fully functional and working, would be awesome to have a live demonstration, I can see it now, Keep firing and we will keep destroying them, muahahahahahahaha.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
so if they launch this, what exactly will US do? just shake our fingers? an say no no no?
i mean isnt this pretty ballsy?

that is a country with nothing more then weapons, what does there people eat, metal?

honestly its pretty nuts when you use yer country's capital as a open house for your propaganda.

i'd still love to see it get launched, then destroyed right when it does enter international terrortory.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
so if they launch this, what exactly will US do? just shake our fingers? an say no no no?

that is a country with nothing more then weapons, what does there people eat, metal?

honestly its pretty nuts when you use yer country's capital as a open house for your propaganda.

You didn't know that North Korean people are robots?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The US has hinted not so lightly that it will shoot down any launch. The ABL has gone black and no-one knows where it is....

hmmm any guesses??

doesnt take a rocket scientist.

You know with China, North Korea and Iran suddenly the threat of a nuclear war is now greater then it has ever been since the CMC in 62'

I keep cracking up just thinking about the Fox News graphic..... talk about buzz kill.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
LMFAO! does not compute...... Rebooting........Reloading..........Computing....

Oh no we aren't, we are peacful going people, this missle has good luck notes on it for all america cities.

Destructing...........

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I knew we shouldn't have sold North Korea that tanker full of Diet Coke and that ship full of Mentos.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I knew we shouldn't have sold North Korea that tanker full of Diet Coke and that ship full of Mentos.

Maybe after all these years they found a way to return it back with a nuke now and say no thanks, we want Pepsi!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
TOKYO -
North Korea asserted it has full autonomy to conduct missile tests, and that outsiders do not have the right to criticize its plans, Japan's Kyodo News agency reported Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Before the latest statement, North Korea's apparent moves toward test launching a long-range ballistic missile already spiked tensions in the region and drew warnings of serious repercussions from the United States and others.

In Paris, French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin said any North Korean missile test must draw "firm and just" international response.
United Nations Secretary-General
Kofi Annan urged North Korean leaders for restraint.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think there's no return back for North Korea

Former U.N. Ambassador Bill Richardson, who has met repeatedly with the North Koreans, told CBS News chief White House correspondent Jim Axelrod that he expects the missile launch.

"It's too late now for them not to," he said. "It's on the launch pad. Not having launched at this time would be an act of weakness."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined

i'd still love to see it get launched, then destroyed right when it does enter international terrortory.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

I dont know about how ballsy it is but I think I got to agree its kina nuts. His country can not feed its self and he still spends the capital on nukes, and missles while depending on charity from other nations for food. I dont really know what else to think about him.
Just so sad the whole way around.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolemI dont know about how ballsy it is but I think I got to agree its kina nuts. His country can not feed its self and he still spends the capital on nukes, and missles while depending on charity from other nations for food. I dont really know what else to think about him.

But maybe if he manage to succeed his test he can sell his technology to the bad state and get lots of money for it?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rai76

Originally posted by RedGolemI dont know about how ballsy it is but I think I got to agree its kina nuts. His country can not feed its self and he still spends the capital on nukes, and missles while depending on charity from other nations for food. I dont really know what else to think about him.

But maybe if he manage to succeed his test he can sell his technology to the bad state and get lots of money for it?

Yes that he will defently do. There has been missle exporting going on for quite a while. It would just be so much simpler to just focus on meeting the needs of his people. But as has already been said, that has not and is not going to happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ok this is fun, a big alarm for nothing?

Many in Seoul are dismissing the reports of fueling and the military dimensions of a launch, stressing that all evidence appears to point to another attempt to launch a North Korean satellite. They point to the above ground obvious preparations and their own intelligence that indicates no warhead. What is more, according to South Korea news media reports, officials of the National Intelligence Service (NIS) told the National Assembly Intelligence Committee that North Korea does not even seem to have completed fueling the object on the launch pad, contrary to The New York Times and most U.S. reporting.

blog.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
newsbox.msn.co.uk... &d=20060620&do=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk&i=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/mediaexportlive&ks=0&mc=5&ml=ma&lc=en&ae=windows-1252[link]

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Denied]

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Denied]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join