It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean ICBM

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It is the belief of Rice that N. Korea has a fueled and ready to launch ICBM. This new missile for N. Korea is supposed to be able to reach the U.S. This also has Japan concerned because a mistake could cause the missile to come down in Japan.

www.nytimes.com

North Korea appears to have completed fueling of an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States, American officials said today, a move that greatly increases the probability that Pyongyang will actually go ahead with a launch.

After analyzing satellite images, American officials said they believed that booster rockets were loaded onto a launch pad and fuel tanks fitted to a missile at a site in North Korea's remote east coast. Fueling a missile is generally considered close to an irreversible step, since it is very hard to siphon fuel back out.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I suppose this was know to be in the works for a long time, and the U.S. is not the only country that is against this launch. But N. Korea has been doing what ever they want for a long time. I don't think it matters at all what N. Korea's neighbors want or think it is going to happen. And I guess we will see what happens then.

Related News Links:
dailytelegraph.news.com.au
english.donga.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Mushroom Cloud Seen After N.Korea Explosion 9/9/04
N. Korea will punish the US.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 19/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
CNN now posting the full story on this as well. This is going to stir the pot. I bet Iran is happy about this distraction.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
I bet Iran is happy about this distraction.

Makes the head spin, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Your right this is going to be a distraction to be a distraction to Iran, Even more so when it finely gets launched.
Oh well.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Why'd you think we were still in Iraq? We're there to finish taking out the Middle East. That's what the World's Elites wants anyway.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Borg,
Well I dont see that happening just yet.
But I have been wrong plently of times before.
Bareing unforseen large scale events any way that is.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
yeah south korea rock!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I don't see why fueling the missile shows that the missile is soon to be launched. In Britain ICBM's during the cold war were kept constantly fueled so they could be launched quickly.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well appearently it's not the first time.

Read this: www.americanfreepress.net...

North Korean Missile Found In Alaska
Updated April 12, 2004

A recent report that a long-range missile fired from North Korea turned up in Alaska should make Americans reevaluate committing to a war with Iraq.

Exclusive To American Free Press

By Mike Blair

The Bush administration is ignoring reports from South Korea and Japan that the North Koreans have test-fired a nuclear-capable, intercontinental ballistic missile, which landed in or near the state of Alaska.

The White House has not commented on a report in The Korea Times that the warhead of a “long-range missile test-fired by North Korea was found in the state of Alaska.”

times.hankooki.com...

`NK Missile Warhead Found in Alaska’

By Ryu Jin
Staff Reporter

The warhead of a long-range missile test-fired by North Korea was found in the U.S. state of Alaska, a report to the National Assembly revealed yesterday.

``According to a U.S. document, the last piece of a missile warhead fired by North Korea was found in Alaska,’’ former Japanese foreign minister Taro Nakayama was quoted as saying in the report. ``Washington, as well as Tokyo, has so far underrated Pyongyang’s missile capabilities.’’

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Let's make this interesting. The US needs to park an Aegis cruiser off of North Korea and shoot down the missile as soon as it is in international airspace. That would make on hell of a statement.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Shelf Life

Originally posted by kipman725
I don't see why fueling the missile shows that the missile is soon to be launched.

Well, there's this...

From the source article:

Experts say if the missile is not launched 48 hours after fueling, the fuel will start to break down and damage the missile.

And as everybody knows, if experts say it, then it must be true.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It certainly scary however... What Iran and North Korea have to concider is that with only one of several US nuclear missle submarines could completly remove both Iran and N Korea from the planet in a matter of 20-30 min.

That same submarine would still have enough missles to remove many more idiotic regimes around the world without comming home to reload.

Iran and North Korea while maybe capable of some small though sad attack on America or its allies would only ensure their complete destruction by doing so.

Yes it would be sad to lose a City in the US or one of its allies but in the grand scheme of things.. They would be wiped out shortly after doing such a thing probably before they could enjoy a victory dinner.

The one fact the idiots over there do not get is that if America wanted to destroy them they would and could in a short amount of time and we havent.

Keep pushing our buttons though and we may very well decide that the world would be safer without such idiots in it.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Keep pushing our buttons though and we may very well decide that the world would be safer without such idiots in it.

Gee... I wish I were American. They're so cool!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
It certainly scary however... What Iran and North Korea have to concider is that with only one of several US nuclear missle submarines could completly remove both Iran and N Korea from the planet in a matter of 20-30 min.

That same submarine would still have enough missles to remove many more idiotic regimes around the world without comming home to reload.

Iran and North Korea while maybe capable of some small though sad attack on America or its allies would only ensure their complete destruction by doing so.

Yes it would be sad to lose a City in the US or one of its allies but in the grand scheme of things.. They would be wiped out shortly after doing such a thing probably before they could enjoy a victory dinner.

The one fact the idiots over there do not get is that if America wanted to destroy them they would and could in a short amount of time and we havent.

Man.....just hear what you are saying. Oh your country is SO GREAT it can destroy everyone, just put the buttons, right! This is the kind of talk that I hate. Should think of the people that are in it, they don't have a clue of what is going on or what their leader does. But yeah, just wipe it out.

No words for you......!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
Man.....just hear what you are saying. Oh your country is SO GREAT it can destroy everyone, just put the buttons, right! This is the kind of talk that I hate. Should think of the people that are in it, they don't have a clue of what is going on or what their leader does. But yeah, just wipe it out.

No words for you......!

Nobody's saying anything about the US wiping out North Korea. A couple of things here though.

First I agree with you about the people of North Korea not having a clue about what is going on.

Second. Would you support the elimination of the leadership of North Korea if it keep going on it's current path?

Right now North Korea is only a threat to South Korea and Japan. There are enough forces in that area to keep anything but a full scale invasion of South Korea contained.

Xeven does raise a good point though. There have been several posts on ATS about how the US is afraid of Iran or North Korea, or how they would lose a war with either or both countries. Let me explain one simple thing. If the US were the warmongering, global domination entity that some of these threads are making us out to be, our problems with Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and North Korea could be made to go away in about 3 hours, without the loss of a single one of our people.

I have a firm belief that the US would never take this route and furthermore the leadership of Iran and North Korea believe it as well, otherwise they wouldn't be spouting off the crap that they are now. Don't confuse our political infighting over current events as weakness. One of our national past times is the battling between our political parties and factions. So far the US has fought a "polite war", but if Iran or North Korea were to attack with a nuclear, chemical or biological weapon the existance of that country would be shorter than the time it has taken me to type this.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
geeze.

I still can't believe some yanks think they can just throw a nuke at a country and go home for cookies and milk.

It's called FALLOUT you fools! And it does'nt stay where you dropped it!

It could drift over in to YOUR backyard then you'd actually have to deal with one of your horrible creations and not just have some poor folk sitting on oil in some other part of the world deal with it! (Depleted Uranium anyone?!) not to mention if the US launches, so would everyone else, so its end game there.

YOU CANNOT JUST NUKE A COUNTRY AND GO HOME TO BED!

ITS CALLED "The Environment" and YOU LIVE IN IT TOO!

THUS..... your NUKES ARE USELESS! A USELESS WEAPON! A BIG FAT PLASTIC SWORD!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR

Now, tell everyone else the same, ok?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
you mean like Saddam? No wait! You mean Iran! No wait! You mean... ISRAEL? No Wait!

it must be the RUSSIANS!

yes! the russians are CUM'IN TEH GEET YER!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR
geeze.

I still can't believe some yanks think they can just throw a nuke at a country and go home for cookies and milk.

It's called FALLOUT you fools! And it does'nt stay where you dropped it!

It could drift over in to YOUR backyard then you'd actually have to deal with one of your horrible creations and not just have some poor folk sitting on oil in some other part of the world deal with it! (Depleted Uranium anyone?!) not to mention if the US launches, so would everyone else, so its end game there.

YOU CANNOT JUST NUKE A COUNTRY AND GO HOME TO BED!

ITS CALLED "The Environment" and YOU LIVE IN IT TOO!

I couldn't agree with you more. That's one of the reasons that I believe that the US won't use them. Now if you can get North Korea and Iran to go along with this, then the issue is resolved and we can use this bandwidth for discussing UFOs or something. Problem is if Iran or North Korea continues on their current path and develops nukes, are they going to worry about fallout? People have posted the opinion that the US has no business in saying who can and cannot have nuclear weapons, if you buy into that, then there is going to be a nuclear exchange at some future date. Between who and when is the question. The only way that I see the US using nukes is if there is a nuclear strike against us or one of our close allies. It wouldn't bother me if ET landed tomorrow and removed all nuclear weapons from the planet and put in safeguards against the production of any more.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

No words for you......!

I'm curious what you would do if you were the leader of a country and North Korea lobbed a missile - nuclear or not - into your country?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join