It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean ICBM

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here are multiple updated images of the entire Musudan-ri missile launch facility (North Koreas one and only), including higher resolution images than those found on GE and captions to go along. BTW for anyone interested the coordinates to the Musudan-ri complex are 40.5N 129.5E

Musudan-ri Missile Complex

Here’s an image I just had laying around.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In some of the news reports, they're theorizing that the North Koreans are delaying the launch because of bad weather. My guess is that once the weather clears up, they'll go ahead with it.

The nearest city to the Musudan-ri facility is Kimchaek. I did a check of the weather forecast on weatherunderground.com, and it says that it'll be clear on Friday, with all the other days being a chance of rain or cloudy. Maybe that's the window of opportunity for them?

www.weatherunderground.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hi,

For anyone wanting the exact co-ordinates here they are

40 51 19.53N 129 39 57.54 E

Google earth has it as fairly hi res but poor light conditions.

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hear is a new link to a story about a possible backdown

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Althought I still think its going to be launched

TG

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If North Korea was to go ahead and launch their missile I think the US should shoot it down. That would send a strong message to the North Koreans.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TG
If North Korea was to go ahead and launch their missile I think the US should shoot it down. That would send a strong message to the North Koreans.

TG,
I would really like to think the US is capable of shooting down anything N Korea can send up, and it would not bother me to much really. That is just not the way I see this unfolding.
I still think they will launch and I think the missle will do what ever missles do.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

If we shot the missle down, North Korea would take that as a declaration of war, as the missle launch is supposed to be nothing more than a "test". Bad thing was even though anyone with common sense knows its a nuke, people will side with North Korea simply out of anti-American sentiments and condemn the U.S. for being so belligerent. That would lead to a very bad situation on America's part. Then again, if we didn't shoot it down and it was a nuke aimed for a major city like Los Angeles or Seattle or even Anchorage (missles fully capable of reaching Alaskan bases), that would also be a pretty bad situation. Regardless, whether we choose to shoot it down, the anti-ballistic missle system, while decently accurate, isn't as accurate as you'd like it to be when lives are on the line. I'm not sure what the stats are, but an attempt to shoot down would likely be a Hail Mary shot. Hopefully things don't degenerate.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the US government would LOVE to test out their ABL's on this missile. Maybe even the new ship based lasers as well. Long range missiles are MUCH easier to shoot down, because they have such a long distance to travel, giving the US plenty of time to track, plot the destination, and intercept the missile with countermeasures. Even though our older missile defense system has failed a few times, I'm sure this ICBM would be no problem at all to shoot down.

After the MANY nuke threats from N.K. it's only smart for us to take every situation seriously. Especially when we are currently at war.

The problems with long range missiles is their amount of fuel. If for any reason during the long range flight, the missile travels off course, fuel is wasted in the process. So when they correct the flight path, more than likely you wont make it to the destination.

I have total faith in the US Military, we DO have some incredible technology. Ive seen a live demonstration of a MK 15 Phalanx. It tracked and blew up an anti-ship missile while mid flight. Now imagine an ABL doing that with a laser on a 747.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN

I have total faith in the US Military, we DO have some incredible technology. Ive seen a live demonstration of a MK 15 Phalanx. It tracked and blew up an anti-ship missile while mid flight. Now imagine an ABL doing that with a laser on a 747.

Laes,
Ive have heard some good things and some bad things about our Phalanx system. It has been around for quite a while though so I would think all the bugs should be worked out of it by now. As far as the laser on the 747 goes, I dont have a clue if thats ready to actually work now or not. I still do hope that the systems we have do work.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
well hear is the latest of the sauga

english.aljazeera.net...

Im not a politishen so I wont try to analize why this was done just yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
New agenceys are now reporting that the missle test is not immenint. Well so perhaps I was wrong when all along I was saying that it is going to be launched. hear are the links.

www.forbes.com...
times.hankooki.com...
news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well for all of you who thought the US might not shoot down North Koreas ICBM, hear is the proof you might have wanted, includeing my self

www.localnewswatch.com...

Japan and the United States will deploy advanced Patriot interceptor missiles on American bases here for the first time, officials said Monday, just days after reports that North Korea may test a missile that could reach both nations.

It will be interesting to see if it does indeen happen. I guess it might be purdent for north Korea to launch as soon as possible now.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join