It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard of the Hollow moon theory?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
masterp,

I think that the most likely scenario is that the Moon is cavernous, not that it is hollow.

Originally posted by timoothy
After they had had a chance to analyse the seismological information, NASA declared that the moon seemed to be a hollow sphere with a metallic layer around 34-40 metres deep. No other type of evidence has yet been found to back up the theory that the moon is hollow,----NASA is the institution that declared the moon as hollow, so if anyone else here has worked with NASA or any other space agency,speak up now .

Intriguing.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

No, I am not suggesting that. But I think there is a misinterpretation somewhere in there.

Hmm. I don't agree.

It occurred at 8:09 p.m. EST, April 14. The S-IVB struck the Moon with a force equivalent to 11 1/2 tons of TNT. It hit 85 miles west northwest of the site where the Apollo 12 astronauts had set up their seismometer. Scientists on Earth said, "the Moon rang like a bell."

The quote 'the moon rang like a bell' can be interpreted in many different ways. It could mean that:

a) the landing was so strong that made the moon move like a bell. We have heard the exact same phrase for the Indonesian tsunami: "the Earth rang like a bell for 48 hours".

b) a sound was transmitted through the instruments of the lunar capsule but the origin of the sound was not the moon itself, but the capsule, and that was due to the counter force the capsule accepted when it hit the moon's surface.

There were further elaborations than 'the Moon rang like a Bell'.

Originally posted by Communication_Burger

These quotes are both from the first Chapter of Alien Agenda, and refer to the Apollo 12 incident.

Dr. Frank Press, MIT.

None of us have seen anything like this before on Earth. In all our experience, it is quite an extraordinary event. That this rather small impact... produced a signal lasting more than 30 minutes is quite beyond the range of our experience.

Maurice Ewing, Seismic Experiment Coordinator.

As for the meaning of it, I'd rather not make an interpretation right now. But it is as though someone had struck a Bell, say, in the Belfry of a Church a single blow and found that the reverberation from it continued for 30 minutes.

Now, if this has happened on Earth on several occasions (as you, and someone on earlier pages pointed out), what the hell are these guys hyping things up for, then? Why all the fuss? What are they trying to pull? Some kind of lunar gamery, if you ask a Communication_Burger.

I do not see how one can reach the conclusion that the moon is hollow from these events. It could be that the specific area was cavernous or something else.

I don't necessarily believe the Moon is hollow, and although I quoted information from a book entitled Alien Agenda, I don't necessarily believe that if the Moon were indeed hollow, 'Aliens' would have to be involved, but I think we can all agree, that there is something not quite right about these events, and the 'expert' explanations. There is more than meets the eye, here, but I don't have a clue what.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
After they had had a chance to analyse the seismological information, NASA declared that the moon seemed to be a hollow sphere with a metallic layer around 34-40 metres deep. No other type of evidence has yet been found to back up the theory that the moon is hollow,----NASA is the institution that declared the moon as hollow, so if anyone else here has worked with NASA or any other space agency,speak up now .

i like cheese

what utter tripe -- please cite this so called fact , because of anyone actually bothered to read the REAL nasa conclusions -- and not the ones some conspiracist fatfasist with a book to see decided to invent , they would discover this :

The information from these two artificial moonquakes led to reconsideration of theories proposed about the lunar interior. Among puzzling features are the rapid build- up to the peak and the prolonged reverbera- tions. Nothing comparable happens when objects strike Earth.

One theory is that the signal is scattered and repropagated in very deep rubble. An- other holds that the velocities of seismic waves from these impacts are comparable to meas- urements of velocities in crystalline rock. So the crystalline material which the astronauts found so abundant on the Moon's surface may extend very deep into the Moon.

so like i asked please cite the claims of " titanium layers " and " hollow spheres "

deny ignorance indeed

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I was hoping for at least a bit of comment on what I'd posted. Cause it is a fact and undenaibley so that either there's some kind of insurmountable-odds going that make sure eclipses of the Sun and Moon are able to happen - and on top of that so many ancient monuments highlight that such eclipses exist, or, it's built that way on purpose.

Do I need to spell it out? The co-incidence in terms of the Moon and Sun appearing to be exactly the same size as seen from Earth.

Paul, I know we had words in the MIB thread, but I'm reading your posts here and thinking that maybe what you meant about zetans being people is you are meaning the people that deny the obvious? In my experience people that deny what is blanket-termed 'paranormal' and to a large extent 'conspiracy' very much know that they are lying when they do that - what I disagree over is that in my experience also is that 'grey-looking aliens' are not those people at all, they are more enemies with that kind of mindset as it prevents any sane kinds of interactions to take place. It's like whatever that is, it is here, sort of put here, so as to prevent or hold-up a cosmopolitan galactic / universal and beyond civilisation.

Recalling how I felt when I learned that such things were not common knowledge here, it was the worst feeling ever because it's like this whole thing is a sham being set-up to first remove the norm., then make people forget it, then have this big revelation of the truth........but that truth is just what is meant to be an everyday thing! (btw if you have me on ignore that's ok)

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Whats not quite right about Seismic Readings coming from the Moon?

that we have no standard to measure against, or it is the first time we measure this outside our own earth, that we have little to no experience in outer space yet, or that people are just jumping to alien infested conclusions right off the bat?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
... it is a fact and undenaibley so that either there's some kind of insurmountable-odds going that make sure eclipses of the Sun and Moon are able to happen - and on top of that so many ancient monuments highlight that such eclipses exist, or, it's built that way on purpose.

Do I need to spell it out? The co-incidence in terms of the Moon and Sun appearing to be exactly the same size as seen from Earth.

Are you implying that this signifies that the Moon is an artificial construction?

Paul, I know we had words in the MIB thread, but I'm reading your posts here and thinking that maybe what you meant about zetans being people is you are meaning the people that deny the obvious?

Given the chance, you will find that I am quite reasonable.

In some cases, yes, some do deny the obvious. But it goes deeper than that. One should not make rash judgements unless one has first done some research on the subject. There are many credible scientists - like Bob Lazar, Stanton Friedman and David M. Jacobs - who may not agree with each other on a number of issues, but who all agree that there is a real extraterrestrial presence here.

In my experience people that deny what is blanket-termed 'paranormal' and to a large extent 'conspiracy' very much know that they are lying when they do that...

Agreed. One needs to be cautious when pointing those individuals out, even to the extent of not doing so, as I recently got slammed by a Mod for doing just that. Unless you are a Mod, you really cannot blow the whistle on anything.

what I disagree over is that in my experience also is that 'grey-looking aliens' are not those people at all, they are more enemies with that kind of mindset as it prevents any sane kinds of interactions to take place. It's like whatever that is, it is here, sort of put here, so as to prevent or hold-up a cosmopolitan galactic / universal and beyond civilisation.

Your phrasing is a little ambiguous here and I am not sure I follow you completely. But I do believe that the Greys are self-serving, deceptive and manipulative.

Recalling how I felt when I learned that such things were not common knowledge here, it was the worst feeling ever because it's like this whole thing is a sham being set-up to first remove the norm., then make people forget it, then have this big revelation of the truth........but that truth is just what is meant to be an everyday thing! (btw if you have me on ignore that's ok)

The dynamics and challenge of physical existence entails that truth is never an everyday thing. One hopes that forums like ATS provide data and analysis for illumination.

I seldom ignore people anymore. At least not officially.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think it's built in the same way that everything else of this reality is built.

My experience is that most of this world is asleep at best, things like spaceships flying around and greys floating about or dancing in people's bedrooms are not out-there at all. I think some people experience greys / other 'aliens' negatively because the aliens can't understand how so many people can be so stupid as they are, and they just won't come down so far to this level - it would trap them here if they did.

Think of it more like - if you are used to having control of the gravity of your body, and you come to this world, and not only are you forced to give that everyday normal thing up - you also have to pretend like it can't happen! If you are allowed to have it then you need to give up what makes you a real being, and join some religious order and let them control it as to how-when-where you are allowed to use it. So even just finding that out is enough to make a healthy species so angry that they want to wipe this all out, because it's so torturous - to no end! Please understand how evil this reality is.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

We should never underestimate the coincidences.

And that coincidence in particular only aplies to the distances as they are today, knowing that the distance between the Earth and the Moon is changing means that the distance was bigger (or smaller, I do not remember) and is getting smaller and so it means that, depending of the maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon, maybe some thousands or millions of years ago there wasn't any total eclipse of the Sun (or they would stop existing, if the distance is getting bigger).

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I think it's built in the same way that everything else of this reality is built.

My experience is that most of this world is asleep at best, things like spaceships flying around and greys floating about or dancing in people's bedrooms are not out-there at all. I think some people experience greys / other 'aliens' negatively because the aliens can't understand how so many people can be so stupid as they are, and they just won't come down so far to this level - it would trap them here if they did.

OIC.

Your perspective reminds me of that of the author, Jacques Valee.

Think of it more like - if you are used to having control of the gravity of your body, and you come to this world, and not only are you forced to give that everyday normal thing up - you also have to pretend like it can't happen! If you are allowed to have it then you need to give up what makes you a real being, and join some religious order and let them control it as to how-when-where you are allowed to use it. So even just finding that out is enough to make a healthy species so angry that they want to wipe this all out, because it's so torturous - to no end! Please understand how evil this reality is.

Although we may disagree on the specifics, we both agree that there is a great deal of evil, deception and manipulation in ALL THAT IS, and on more than one level

Originally posted by ArMaP
...knowing that the distance between the Earth and the Moon is changing means that the distance was bigger (or smaller, I do not remember) and is getting smaller and so it means that, depending of the maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon, maybe some thousands or millions of years ago there wasn't any total eclipse of the Sun (or they would stop existing, if the distance is getting bigger).

From what I have read, it seems that the Moon was closer to Terra in the past and was therefore larger in the night sky than it is today.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's been awesome to collect all your thoughts and opinions they are all greatly appreciated..I mean who knows right? I do want to leave you with this though..

THE MOON IS A FOREIGN NATION

Apollo Moon astronauts were often followed to the Moon, at times, by U.F.O's. Official N.A.S.A. Apollo 12 photograph AS12-497319 clearly Shows a large U.F.O. hovering over an astronaut walking on the Moon.

The government agencies policies of keeping U.F.O's secret from the general public is well-known and has been well-documented in several books by famous astronomers like J. Allen Hynek (who investigated U.F.O's for the U.S. Air Force, Major Donald Keyhoe, Timothy Good (in his book Above Top Secret), and many other professionals. One unquestionably absolute expert we may want to consult is Christopher Kraft, who was director of the N.A.S.A. tracking base in Houston during the Apollo Moon missions, when he revealed the following conversation "after" he left his work at N.A.S.A.:

ASTRONAUTS NEIL ARMSTRONG and BUZZ ALDRIN speaking from the Moon:
"Those are giant things. No, no, no .... this is not an optical illusion. No one is going to believe this!"

MISSION CONTROL (HOUSTON CENTER): "What...what...what? What the hell is happening? What's wrong with you?"

ASTRONAUTS: "They're here under the surface."

MISSION CONTROL: "What's there? Emission interrupted...interference control calling Apollo II."

ASTRONAUTS: "We saw some visitors. They were there for awhile, observing the instruments."

MISSION CONTROL: "Repeat your last information."

ASTRONAUTS: "I say that there were other spaceships. They're lined up on the other side of the crater."

MISSION CONTROL: "Repeat...repeat!"

ASTRONAUTS: "Let us sound this orbit a ..... In 625 to5...automatic relay connected...My hands are shaking so badly I can't do anything. Film it? God, if these damned cameras have picked up anything..what then?"

MISSION CONTROL: "Have you picked up anything?"

ASTRONAUTS: "I didn't have any film at hand. Three shots of the saucers or whatever they were that were ruining the film."

MISSION CONTROL: "Control, control here. Are you on your way? Is the uproar with the U.F.O's. over?

ASTRONAUTS: "They've landed there. There they are and they are watching us."

MISSION CONTROL: "The mirrors, the mirrors...have you set them up?" ASTRONAUTS: "Yes, they're in the right place. But whoever made those space ships surely can come tomorrow and remove them. Over and out."

This could be clever writing and or disinformation, but you can check it out yourselves at: seekers.100megs6.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To help make up your mind or debunk, whatever you prefer, check out some moon and mars pictures of anomalous strange things on their respective surfaces
including vegetation,domes,monoliths etc.. very, very, impressive pics depending what side of the fence your on.

www.anomalies.net...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
From what I have read, it seems that the Moon was closer to Terra in the past and was therefore larger in the night sky than it is today.

*snicker*

this kind of 'scienctific finding' always makes me smile innocently (rare enough, i'm usually not a funny person).

I'll make it slow, for everyone to see. Whenever Science (with a capital S, lol) should infact admit their lack of understanding, they resort to blanket statements, which, to play it safe, always predict we're right in the middle of something. in order of importance:

• The Sun is approx. 4.5 bn years old and there's about the same time left - until it goes b00m
  • The rings of Saturn shouldn't exist accoridng to our understanding of physics, odds are they formed 200mn years ago but will be gone in another 200mn years
  • The moon was so close to earth 2mn years ago and there was no visible corona, in 2mn years the moon will no longer fully obscure the sun

i hope you're getting my drift, in my humble opinion they know squat, sorry, but what they're in fact doing is keeping observable events as far way from their precious jobs as possible.

That said, i don't believe these coincidences (some of them are quite startling) are necessarily the result of alien intervention, they may be the result of natural tendencies. we know that Lifeforms tend to follow certain patterns, like # of legs, eyes, and so on. why shouldn't the same apply to celestial bodies? the mechanisms are of course completely alien to us, but that doesn't meant they're impossible to understand.

i believe today's tendency to churn out 'explanations' asap, which are then tought in school and at universities stifles our creativity potential understanding of the world. nobody questions anything anymore, even though things are NOT as clear cut as some people would like it to be.
an example for an out-of-the-box approach, no matter how valid it is

PS: a cavern here and there wouldn't make the moon ring everytime, only when these caverns are involved (local phenomenon, no matter wether caverns automatically ring or not) several hits showing the same tendency indicate a global phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean about those kinds of predictions. That said, aside from the Moon definitely being artificial (or modified) I don't find the 'it used to be closer' to be too made-up - there's some theories that think that the various sacred sites and old ruins that highlight eclipses nowadays were put there in the past to warn us or draw our attention to something going on now.

But yeah - another one I wonder about is all the many 'we're due another volcano eruption / ice age / pole shift / asteroid collision / sea levels overtaking land' and stuff like 'global dimming' and so forth.....all seems a bit mad to me. Not least that we only find out about these things after we've built worlds that can't possibly deal with any of them properly.

Forgot this one - a hardback book I had, not sure if it's still about so I can't check the details, mentioned that different phases and positions of the Moon would affect the measurable distance between the same two points - on land! It'd follow that sea distances would change because of the magnetic pull of the tides, but this was a change of many meters and between land points.

I wonder if it is responsible for the amount of road signs that lie about the distances between various places.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by ed 209]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
Do you know why that would be hard? Because anyone with scientific training is taught to look at the data and come to a logical unbiased conclusion.

I could live with everything else you said but this part just had me in stitches. Do you really believe that scientist are inhuman enough to live up to the high ideals their ring leaders keep telling us about? What in the history of science gave you the idea that they are unbiased and that their conclusions are logical ? How often have the science community been right? What's the point of a science community that almost always ends up being wrong?

Unlike your Disclosure Project who I'm pretty sure are biased.

Every single living human being is biased in some way and there is NO way around it

I mean their opening website says they are "a nonprofit research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence".

One assumes they are looking for evidence enough to convince the rest of us?

I'm pretty sure these guys already believe (contrary to widely held scientific belief) that aliens exist, and they'll have to be pushed pretty hard to move away from this belief.

The science community ( groups in general ) resists change and progress longer , more often, than individual scientist do. Which do you imagine to be the bigger problem?

Stellar

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

* The moon was so close to earth 2mn years ago and there was no visible corona, in 2mn years the moon will no longer fully obscure the sun

the moon is actually moving closer to the earth. in 2 mn. its possible the moon may hit the eaarth

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here you go skeptics.All info about moon being a death

star!
informantnews.com...
informantnews.com...
informantnews.com...
informantnews.com...
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

[edit on 20-6-2006 by warthog911]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
But everyone is the public. Having a security clearance for some places doesn't make you any different than anyone else. Loads of 'ordinary people' have signed papers saying they won't reveal this, that, and the next thing. Anyone can join the military - there's an application form of a difference between civy and non-civy, and that's it.

You could be head of all the secret societies and have begun the whole underground base craze, and you still won't know half of what those things are being used for, nor what agencies every person on your staff is really reporting to, and how high up or far-out they may go.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
the moon is actually moving closer to the earth. in 2 mn. its possible the moon may hit the eaarth

Source
The gravitational torque between the Moon and the tidal bulge of the Earth causes the Moon to be accelerated in its orbit, and the Earth to be decelerated in its rotation. As in any physical process, total energy and angular momentum are conserved. Effectively, energy and angular momentum are transferred from the rotation of the Earth to the orbital motion of the Moon. The Moon moves farther away from the Earth, so its potential energy (in the Earth's gravity well) increases. It stays in orbit, and from Kepler's 3rd law it follows that its velocity actually decreases, so the tidal acceleration of the Moon causes an apparent deceleration of its motion across the celestial sphere. Although its kinetic energy decreases, its potential energy increases by a larger amount. The Moon's orbital angular momentum also increases.

good enough?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat

Source
The gravitational torque between the Moon and the tidal bulge of the Earth causes the Moon to be accelerated in its orbit, and the Earth to be decelerated in its rotation. As in any physical process, total energy and angular momentum are conserved. Effectively, energy and angular momentum are transferred from the rotation of the Earth to the orbital motion of the Moon. The Moon moves farther away from the Earth, so its potential energy (in the Earth's gravity well) increases. It stays in orbit, and from Kepler's 3rd law it follows that its velocity actually decreases, so the tidal acceleration of the Moon causes an apparent deceleration of its motion across the celestial sphere. Although its kinetic energy decreases, its potential energy increases by a larger amount. The Moon's orbital angular momentum also increases.

good enough?

I think you made Dalair's head explode.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would say you are somewhat correct. Our Moon was not in the right position so the Grey's moved it into the correct location. The Moon does ring like a bell so to say and its metal but it isn't exactly hollow.

Beneath the surface is a land that is more beautiful then you could ever imagine. The Grey's have created an Earthlike enviroment the way Earth should be meaning clean and pure. They collect plants from all over our Earth. There are mountains and waterfalls and this one you will like they have peaceful animals there that talk. There are also others in our solar system like this.

You may say impossible but life isn't what you thought it was.

Humans do things there way doesn't mean they are right or wrong and other species do things there way also doesn't mean it is right or wrong. We may not like there way and vise-versa but this is just the way it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join