It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard of the Hollow moon theory?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Apperently during the Apollo missions, tests were conducted after it was recorded by NASA that when the lunar landers hit the surface of the moon a 'a Bell like 'gong' was recorded and several times after as well. Does anyone know of this?

Xo0

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is a very interesting theory, wether it it's BS or not.. I'd like to know what the other members think/know of this.. Nice topic.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
remember reading (Alien Agenda) how in may 13, 1972 a large meteor struck the moon. they say it was equalivant to 200 hundred tons of tnt.
The scientists said that none of the shock waves that were sent to the interior of the moon returned.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula
Apperently during the Apollo missions, tests were conducted after it was recorded by NASA that when the lunar landers hit the surface of the moon a 'a Bell like 'gong' was recorded and several times after as well. Does anyone know of this?

Yes, I have heard of this before.

It corroborates a report from a member of the disclosure project that there is a large Zetan-alien base in the Moon.

Xo0

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yea I've read some theories about an alien base on the "Dark side of the moon", but I've never read about the moon being hollow which contains an alien base..
Let's me think of the TV series "Lost".
Very intruiging.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Xo0]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
remember reading (Alien Agenda) how in may 13, 1972 a large meteor struck the moon. they say it was equalivant to 200 hundred tons of tnt.
The scientists said that none of the shock waves that were sent to the interior of the moon returned.

Yeah, that's where I had first read about this. Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs. Apparently Scientists wanted to test what they had witnessed during that meteor strike, so they shot a missile or something at it, and the Moon reverberated again. From what I can remember he had listed some fairly respectable looking sources for that, but I can't remember for sure, It's been a little while since I read it.

The book is still on my shelf, I'll look it up later.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula
... when the lunar landers hit the surface of the moon a 'a Bell like 'gong' was recorded and several times after as well. Does anyone know of this?

I believe NASA comented that there was an echo that resembled what you would expect from a hollow metal sphere. I don't recall anyone from NASA saying "the Moon is a hollow sphere".

'A resembles B' doesn't mean 'A = B'. If you thump your head and it makes a sound resembling thunking a ripe melon, that doesn't mean your head is a ripe melon.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xo0
Yea I've read some theories about an alien base on the "Dark side of the moon", but I've never read about the moon being hollow which contains an alien base...
Very intruiging.

There is even speculation that our Moon, as well as Iapetus are actually artificial. Richard Hoagland believes that Iapetus was extraterrestrially constructed.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Given that we know the mass of the moon based on it's orbital dynamics, there is no way that it could be hollow.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Dr.H.P wilkins a british astronomer, believes an extensive networks of caverns might exist inside the moon, and that the main entrance is in a place dubbed "The Washbowl",its supposed to be a huge round hole in the moon inside the crater 'Casssini A' which is one and a half miles long. That same astronomer and many others have seen over the "Sea of crisis"area in which estimates place it to be about 12 miles long a huge bridge-like structure (natural structure or artificial?)but in a BBC radio interview claimed and I quote
" It looks artificial. it's almost incredible that such a thing could have been formed in the first instance,or if it was formed, could have lasted during the ages in which the moon has been in existence.You could have expected it either to be disintergrated by temperature variation or by meteor impact" Another one of these type of (ET archeology?) structures is a large platform south of the crater archimedes, platform size-5 miles long,1 mile-wide,elevation 5000 feet AGL.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Good find incunabula.

Could you provide us with a link to this information?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger

Apparently Scientists wanted to test what they had witnessed during that meteor strike, so they shot a missile or something at it, and the Moon reverberated again.

This is wrong; I looked it up in the book. It was stages of Apollo 12, and 13, falling back and hitting the Moon. Reverberations lasted for over an hour on the Apollo 12 incident, and 108 minutes for Apollo 13. Sorry about that!

These quotes are both from the first Chapter of Alien Agenda, and refer to the Apollo 12 incident.

Dr. Frank Press, MIT.

None of us have seen anything like this before on Earth. In all our experience, it is quite an extraordinary event. That this rather small impact... produced a signal lasting more than 30 minutes is quite beyond the range of our experience.

Maurice Ewing, Seismic Experiment Coordinator.

As for the meaning of it, I'd rather not make an interpretation right now. But it is as though someone had struck a Bell, say, in the Belfry of a Church a single blow and found that the reverberation from it continued for 30 minutes.

Marrs goes on to add, after those quotes, that the reverberation actually lasted over an hour.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

I believe NASA comented that there was an echo that resembled what you would expect from a hollow metal sphere. I don't recall anyone from NASA saying "the Moon is a hollow sphere".

The Moon may not be hollow but it probably has a large Zetan-alien base in it, just as a member of the Disclosure Project espouses. As to whether or not it was artificially produced, I am not sure, but the metallic sound does point to that.

NASA cannot be trusted to say or show anything which implies the existence of space-faring aliens - or for that matter, any other kind of extraterrestrials

We are reminded of the famous transmission by an orbiting US astronaut whereby he referred on the radio to seeing an extraterrestrial craft. After that incident, NASA decided to scramble all their radio transmissions.

Not all of us are so stupid as to not see the obvious connection.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Back in 1952, Dr.H.H.Nininger director of The American Meteorite Musuem, announced this discovery, he claimed that with a good telescope not only can the tunnel be seen but the entrance and exits are clearly discernible
Its supposed to be located on the western part of the moon in the "Sea of Fecundity,"the two unusual craters known as" Messier and W.H.Pickering",are close together and differ greatly from other lunar craters in that the rim or lip of each crater is "noticeably extended in the same direction" meaning that one is the entrance the other the exit.They are on opposite side of a towering mountain ridge which is several 1000 feet high and 15 to 20 miles long.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Given that we know the mass of the moon based on it's orbital dynamics, there is no way that it could be hollow.

Good point. Would it be possible for it to be hollow, with some kind of ultra-dense Core, of some kind? If it's not hollow, then there is definatly something very unusual about its innards, and its shell. Do you agree?

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Communication_Burger]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
If it's not hollow, then there is definatly something very unusual about its innards, and its shell. Do you agree?

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Communication_Burger]

No, it simply does not have the Earth's molten core and semi-liquid mantle.

Four nuclear powered seismic stations were installed during the Apollo project to collect seismic data about the interior of the Moon. There is only residual tectonic activity due to cooling and tidal forcing, but other moonquakes have been caused by meteor impacts and artificial means, such as deliberately crashing the Lunar Module into the moon. The results have shown the Moon to have a crust 60 kilometers (37 miles) thick at the center of the near side. If this crust is uniform over the Moon, it would constitute about 10% of the Moon's volume as compared to the less than 1% on Earth. The seismic determinations of a crust and mantle on the Moon indicate a layered planet with differentiation by igneous processes. There is no evidence for an iron-rich core unless it were a small one. Seismic information has influenced theories about the formation and evolution of the Moon.

www.solarviews.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
No, it simply does not have the Earth's molten core and semi-liquid mantle.

I see. But how can the very unusual sustained reverberations be explained? Something doesn't add up.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

The Moon may not be hollow but it probably has a large Zetan-alien base in it, just as a member of the Disclosure Project espouses.

Bit of a reach for me, I'm afraid.

NASA cannot be trusted to say or show anything which implies the existence of space-faring aliens - or for that matter, any other kind of extraterrestrials

Cannot be trusted, or have no proof to that effect?

We are reminded of the famous transmission by an orbiting US astronaut whereby he referred on the radio to seeing an extraterrestrial craft. After that incident, NASA decided to scramble all their radio transmissions.

Maybe because it wasn't an extraterrestrial craft and NASA acted to prevent causing a panic on future missions by a misunderstood or ill concieved comment?

Not all of us are so stupid as to not see the obvious connection.

I really don't think stupidity enters into it at all. I think we're perfectly capable of viewing the same set of circumstances and drawing very different conclusions. I've sure got no inside info. Wish I did. I have yet to experience, or obtain otherwise, information that would lead me to conclude to an absolute certainty that there is an ET presence in our solar system.

Doesn't stop me from searching, though.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My info I got from a rare but classic George Leonard book called "SOMEBODY ELSE IS ON THE MOON" in which is filled with official NASA photographs which were given to him by a NASA insider way before NASA flouted the freedom of information act and got away with it. For example NASA photo no.67-h1179 and 67-h-1206-b taken on different orbits show a cloud formation over the TYCHO crater that can only be deemed artificial, and photo 67-h-327 shows a 'half-mile wide hole(not a crater) as seen from an altitude of 32 1/2 miles. Inside is a colossal skyscraper size object of mannufactured appearance'. These photos were obtained in 1979 from NASA supplier BARA Photographic, INc. P.o box 486,Bladenburg,MD 20710. I guess i woudnt know how to get a hold of those photographs fearing it might be in their forbidden lists apparently some have gotten some pictures from NASA that were dark fuzzy with poor definition,not conductive to closer scrutiny in comparison with the BARA photograph with good resolution.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yes I've heard something about Hollow Moon theory and also the fact that Moon wasn't there forever and could be a body intelligently guided to Earth's vicinity.
Here is the excerpt:

In "Moongate: Suppressed findings of The US Space Program" (1982), Nuclear Engineer and researcher/writer William L. Brian II presents evidence proving that the moon, as any hollow sphere would, "rings" when hit by asteroids or heavy space junk. And that's not all. According to Dr. Brian, "the evidence provided by Apollo seismic experiments also points to the conclusion that the moon is hollow and relatively rigid." (1)
He also reports:

"It is not commonly known that the Earth displays the same bell-like ringing or reverberations as the moon. Since the Earth is 81.56 times more massive than the moon, it takes a much larger explosion or shock wave to generate this effect.
"Joseph Goodavage referenced such occurrences in his book, "Astrology: The Space Age Science". He mentioned that the ringing effect was recorded during the May 22, 1960 Chilean earthquake. This was supposedly the most violent earthquake that had been recorded since the establishment of official world records in 1881. Goodavage provided a description of the effect which was given at the 1961 World Earthquake Conference, held at Helsinki, Finland.
The description stated that the shock was so severe that the "entire planet rang like a bell". The ringing continued for a considerable length of time in a regular series of slow impulses which were recorded at various independent seismic stations. Goodavage also noted that the planet rang again as a result of the Anchorage, Alaska earthquake of March 27, 1964. It seems hard to believe that scientists were so appalled in finding that the moon rang like a bell. After all, the Earth displays the same characteristic".

For more check the LINK

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join