It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children ... human 2.0 ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves

Originally posted by Relentless
Personally, I don't buy this Indigo Children nonsense. The description of their characteristics and egos strike me as obnoxious.

I think the time frame listed corresponds more to a new attitude in how children were raised - with a lot more indulgence and advantages than prior generations. I'll come right out and say it - spoiled self centered children is what I'm getting.

See, this is what i believe, i just didn't want to say it, cause some posters have already said they see these traits in themselves.

But honestly, if they are this new wane of 'intelligence', then what have you done with it?
How have and are you changing the world for the better?

Lets forget the fact that peoplea are writing books and trying to make money off this topic. Everyone is driven by money and power. If it wasn't for money, Newton would of never came up with his law, or Howard Hughes would of never invented to 2 winged airplane.

The fact is that there are certain traits which fit the description of the majority of todays young people. Whether it's ESP or a rebellious attitude...it's in the percentages. Most of todays kids fit the opening threads descriptions. It's hard to raise a child today. If we are at the end of an Era, and many think we are, then maybe these Indigos will help us in times of anarchy or revolution.

How many parents have children today that listen to them completely? Todays kids are free thinking. The school system is obsolete, it needs to be revised, because a 4 year old can operate a PC when a 40 year old cannot. It's a natural instinct they are born with that automatically makes it easy for a child to adapt with the times.

The mind of man is a communal affair, a product of many brains interacting over hundreds of thousands of years. The power of language is very underestimated. It's the only thing that separates us from any other mammal. We are like a node in a system of many other nodes, some still active and others active through contribution in the millenias gone by. Cut off from this network, and we will be as solitary as an ant. But as part of the collective human mind, our intellectual potential remains enormous. Now you know what I mean about the power of the internet.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
ummm sounds kinda like me.... Of course people are going to try and make money off of it.. But whats important is that some scientists believe this. In fact i did drop out of school cuz of social problems, and for some reason i only get along with certain people that have a high confidence in them selves. I always thought i was different.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
just gonna make it short im half human half indigo the weird thing is i dont know every thing about myself

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
My uncle told me to read up on Indigos. He always called me one because I lived in my own world. All I care about is universal truth, the path to Nirvana. I never cared about fitting in or copying others. I daydreamed for hours at a time in school, and never listened to anyone. Id listen to advice, respect it, but go with my own inituitive. I just think you need to discover yourself, and in time with age, despite it's number, you will find yourself. Let's face it. We are Indigo's. If they can label a generation called Baby Boomers. Then why not label this generation of the past 25 years?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I’ve always found the whole Indigo children thing pretty interesting. I have many of those traits but the whole issue of the arrogance is something that has always confused me.

People say I have that sense about me but I have no idea what they’re talking about. I naturally multitask and if there is one thing above all that I hate it is the red tape and yes waiting in lines. I’m not really impatient. Of course I hate the way everything has unfolded so far and will do my best to change the world.

On the other hand I wouldn’t say that not having patience to wait in lines is what makes me special.

Some of the people I come across I can connect with immediately and my inner circle is a rag-tag interesting bunch all of us creative to the end. I think we all know why we’re here and do have that sense of self.

I mean everyone wants to think that they’re special but deep down I know that the way I lead my life is different… not necessarily better just different… Of course everyone wants to be different, which leads to confusion and sometimes envy that comes from others, not in an extreme way, but just an admission by some.

Youth is always capable of much but I naturally have to doubt the whole “theory”.

I understand the spiritual intelligence and if I could meet the people who came up with this, I’d tell them that we’re here and we are new and fantastic and smell like sunshine and moonbeams and all that but that we’re not quite what your neo-hippie drug riddled brains expected.

Oh yeah and we have a very good sense of humor too… the future is grim but then bright but then grim my friends.

B. Sage

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher

Lets forget the fact that peoplea are writing books and trying to make money off this topic. Everyone is driven by money and power. If it wasn't for money, Newton would of never came up with his law, or Howard Hughes would of never invented to 2 winged airplane.

And this point proves nothing more than intelligence isn't the driving force of society, finance is.

The fact is that there are certain traits which fit the description of the majority of todays young people. Whether it's ESP or a rebellious attitude...it's in the percentages. Most of todays kids fit the opening threads descriptions. It's hard to raise a child today. If we are at the end of an Era, and many think we are, then maybe these Indigos will help us in times of anarchy or revolution.

Most kids of ANY age fit that description. You can see it in literature, both fiction and non fiction. This representation people are trying to place on the recent young is simply balderdash, honestly.

How many parents have children today that listen to them completely? Todays kids are free thinking. The school system is obsolete, it needs to be revised, because a 4 year old can operate a PC when a 40 year old cannot. It's a natural instinct they are born with that automatically makes it easy for a child to adapt with the times.

Children not listening to their parents is not a new thing, seriously. If people think that it is, then they really can't be of a higher intelligence, which negates being an Indigo Child.
School systems are not obsolete, they are just handled incorrectly. Its not that people know more, its just they have greater access to information thanks to TV and the Internet. The teachers are not keeping up. They are teaching these kids the stuff that these kids are finding for themselves. Thats curiosity which has ALWAYS been an attribute to Humanity.
As for the 40 Year old cannot operate a computer, big whoop.
Kids are using computers from early ages. They are being taut from an early age, thanks to kid friendly programming. They don't come out of the womb ready.
My Grandmother for instance, she doesnt know how to work her VCR let alone a PC, why is that....ohh yeah its because for the best part of 50 Years she didn't have one. But you give that woman a sewing machine, a lathe or a news paper press, all of which she is trained to use, and she'll wipe the floor with anyone. Would these kids be able to do that?...no.
This has got NOTHING to do with these children being gifted, this is all about the environment these children are from.

The mind of man is a communal affair, a product of many brains interacting over hundreds of thousands of years. The power of language is very underestimated. It's the only thing that separates us from any other mammal. We are like a node in a system of many other nodes, some still active and others active through contribution in the millenias gone by. Cut off from this network, and we will be as solitary as an ant. But as part of the collective human mind, our intellectual potential remains enormous. Now you know what I mean about the power of the internet.

Without playing down Language, its not the only thing that separates us from other mammals....infact there has been some interesting work on certain other primates showing that they have a rudimentary language all of their own.

I agree we have intellectual potential. but this isn't anything at all to do with this Indigo Children falicy, this intellectual growth has been a constant through-out history.

See, i truly understand the need of some people to give themselves a name to make them feel superior some how, give their lives meaning, but its just not real.
Humanity is continuously growing and evolving, it is, but what this Indigo Children scam is suggesting is just ludicrous.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ok heres something new to my belief. What if the Indigo were actually real people stuck in a system like the matrix. That its up to us to break the system and stop it. How do we know anything from the past told to us really happened? What if the year is really 30XXAD? How would we know reality from projected imagination? That most people dont have a real choice and thats the biggest lie.? I think we should figure away to break this sytem very soon. i think june 19th something is going to happen, cuz 4000 government workers are gunna go play a "drill" in mountain bunkers.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Art0_Saar1
Ok heres something new to my belief. What if the Indigo were actually real people stuck in a system like the matrix. That its up to us to break the system and stop it. How do we know anything from the past told to us really happened? What if the year is really 30XXAD? How would we know reality from projected imagination? That most people dont have a real choice and thats the biggest lie.? I think we should figure away to break this sytem very soon. i think june 19th something is going to happen, cuz 4000 government workers are gunna go play a "drill" in mountain bunkers.

I think too much coffee, too many Conspiracy Movies and pretty much too much time in places liek this. Go out enjoy the sun abit.
I'm sorry that was a touch too sarcastic but my point remains the same.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
LOL if you look into the past you should know the government shouldnt be trusted. Too much power into to few people. I dont drink coffee and watch to many conspiracy movies. I love skateboarding and spend alot of my time doing it. Kinda sucks i broke my board a few days ago and dont get paid till monday.

How come we are taught to think that if someone thinks way too differently that they must be losers or outcasts of some sort. People assume to much without asking the right questions. Text can only show so much that to make assumptions about people is plain ridiculous. ( I know my belief is ridiculous but im not judging people)

OMg enjoy the SUN? i live in florida and im starting to hate the heat thats coming from that fudging ball of energy. Its almost impossible to skate without passing out in a few hours.

I like your Quote A-Hole. You like the x-files like i do.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Art0_Saar1]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That are not like me indeed.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Some of these 'inclinations' (if that is a word) sound a bit contradictive, and thus are open to question, like the whole psychological thing that 'psychics' tend to do. Yes I fit these parameters within the time frame, as do many people I know. But how many variables does one have to live up to to fit the bill? I mean alot of people on these boards would question authority or they would'nt be here, but maybe that's the point. However stuff like, for example: "Have strong empathy for others or NO empathy" is a little weak imo. To me this sums up humans in general (teenagers in particular nowadays). Is this just a by-product of the society we live in? I'm interested on anyones opinions on this one though.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I love the X-Files, infact you could make an assumption from that line I watch too many Conspiracy Shows Movies....and i really do.
A-Hole's a bit harsh really, not very mature i must say.

Anyway, back to this topic.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

LOL if you look into the past you should know the government shouldnt be trusted. Too much power into to few people. I dont drink coffee and watch to many conspiracy movies. I love skateboarding and spend alot of my time doing it. Kinda sucks i broke my board a few days ago and dont get paid till monday.

How come we are taught to think that if someone thinks way too differently that they must be losers or outcasts of some sort. People assume to much without asking the right questions. Text can only show so much that to make assumptions about people is plain ridiculous. ( I know my belief is ridiculous but im not judging people)

OMg enjoy the SUN? i live in florida and im starting to hate the heat thats coming from that fudging ball of energy. Its almost impossible to skate without passing out in a few hours.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Art0_Saar1]

Very true !....ive never had so much trouble taking the sun and trying to tan. My dogs were at the beach with me earlier and the looked really hot !...I had to cut the day short a little. Global warming is definatly being felt. Yes it's 88 degrees here, no big deal, but for some reason....I don't trust those temperature readings and I definatly hear a lot of people complaining about the strong sun here, and I live up north in New York !!

Back to Inidigos. To the fella who says communication is not the "only" thing that separates us from other mammals. Completely illogical. I know animals speak. But not as complex as our method of communication !! We are the highest on the food chain because our language is the most complex. Period.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well according to the list i am Indigo Child Jesus.
Awsome! shame its based on our "auras" and whatnot.......ah well.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I do believe that there was a evolutionary advancment recently in the human race.
To not believe so is to deny evolution. We evolve every day. Individually.

But not an entire generation took a step forward here. These indigo children should not and can not be grouped by certain characteristics. They know who they are. They feel their reason for being is an important one. They know not what their tasks are or for what they have been assigned. But they know they must strive for the greater good of humanity. To assist in all ways possibly.
They are the helpers of people and society who go unnoticed. They need not reward for their doings for knowing they have assisted in the greater good is payment enough. They have strength of character and an even stronger will.
They stand up for the weak and can't stand to watch an innocent be persecuted.

Yes. They dislike conformity. But also see the benefits of it. They feel as though they are above the rest who need be controlled. They are born leaders

BUT. Not all born after a certain date are of this train of thought as i shall put it. It is certain people born under certain stars who are gifted with the caring personality of an indigo. The indigo are human so they too feel the pressures of life on this rapidly degrading rock on which we dwell. They feel guilt when they have wronged. To a point where it swallows their life for long periods of time. They feel jealousy and gluttony and all the desires of man. Do they have the ability to suppress these desires more than others? No.
They too need. Need to feel loved and wanted. Need to feel happy and excited.

Socially the indigo are not necarssarily closed when not amonst their own. It is when they are among others they know aren't good. They have the ability o judge others with untimed accuracy through body language and expression. They can sense if a person has good intentions of life or bad ones. Its these bad ones that make the indigo close in on themselves.

Call me what you will for I know. I am. I can.

1985 August 6
Stuarte
Leo
6 Metal Star
The Ox
Hawk Repeater of God

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

BUT. Not all born after a certain date are of this train of thought as i shall put it. It is certain people born under certain stars who are gifted with the caring personality of an indigo. The indigo are human so they too feel the pressures of life on this rapidly degrading rock on which we dwell. They feel guilt when they have wronged. To a point where it swallows their life for long periods of time. They feel jealousy and gluttony and all the desires of man. Do they have the ability to suppress these desires more than others? No.
They too need. Need to feel loved and wanted. Need to feel happy and excited.

Socially the indigo are not necarssarily closed when not amonst their own. It is when they are among others they know aren't good. They have the ability o judge others with untimed accuracy through body language and expression. They can sense if a person has good intentions of life or bad ones. Its these bad ones that make the indigo close in on themselves.

Call me what you will for I know. I am. I can.

1985 August 6
Stuarte
Leo
6 Metal Star
The Ox
Hawk Repeater of God

See, i read a comment like this and only one word comes to mind....pretentious.

These Indigos, they really aren't the next evolutionary step, they are, if anything, the weaker members of our society, the outcasts and/or loners who need validation that they have some purpose and are better so that their existence is given meaning.
I really feel sorry for these people.

I do believe that there are some enlightened people amongst us, as there are with every generation, these aren't an evolutionary advancement, they are people with the ability to deal with the situation they are in....we've been doing that since the Caves.
Empathy isn't new people, its just being branded a different way for todays consumer fuelled world.

[edit on 18/6/2006 by JebusSaves]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Pretentious? What i have, is who i am. Who am I? Only i can know.

Validation. How is Jesus? you need to believe in some 2000 year old dead guy. Or what you'll go to hell? Here's some validation for you!

Jesus is dead. He'll never walk again. Its you against the world and the world is against you. Who do you turn to? Jesus? All human's who live in this day and age need validation. its what makes us strive to be better than those before us.
Mean while you sit their hoping believing and waiting for a god to save you.

Save your fudging self mutha fudger. Who are you to demean others and what they believe, while you sit their praying thinking you are right when all you know is what others have told you or what you read in a book that has been written more times than a broadway show.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
YES the People who promote this stuff are lame money hungry buttwipes, but think about it they are serving a purpose they are promoting a good idea.

Being a charlatan is acceptable, as long as your lies and deceit make people feel good about themselves? Or if they don't figure out the trickery, then there was no trick?

DOnt let a good idea die becuz people cant prove it to you. you got to prove it to yourself....

BUt what is the good idea here? That 'kids today are special, above other people who 'just don't get it'" ?? Its a type of snobbery really. Whats worse, its taking people that are at least open to the idea of helping others, and telling them, 'you mystically accomplish this goal by your existence, or at a future date'. Everyone, it could be said, owes the world something, but the indigo child myth allows some to say 'by simply being here I have paid that debt'.

By the way, I fit every single aspect of the indigo thing

You are especialyl empathic and also absolutely non-empathic?

i just speak for the positive aspect of indigos an what meaningful things it stands for

Such as what?

The 'inidgo children', according to the story, don't stand for anything. They dont' actually do anything in particular, they merely exist, and thats 'a good in itself'. So what meaningful things are you talking about?

the indigos mostly posses some sort of advanced ability to use esp

In some formulations of the story, sure. But, what does that amount to? Nothing. It means 'in the future, there'll be a crisis, and the indigos, they'll save us'. Why beleive that?

i believe its to promote the use of the worlds esp abilites.

They could most easily promote the use of such things by merely demonstrating that they exist. Since they don't seem to be able to do that, then, at the least, the indigo children don't have any 'special' or advanced abilities in that area.

no matter what happens i can say for sure by 2012 we will of have gone thru a WHOLE mess of stuff

Of course. And by 2010 we will have, and by 2009 we will have, and by 2037 we will have. There's allways going to be 'stuff' going on.

Im for sure, once that date has come, which has been the only date I speak of. an nothing has happened i will climb down off mah box an return to sleepy hallow.

Then why support the beleif in the first place, if it can have the rug pulled out from under it so easily? I could understand supporting a rationally arrived at conclusion, even if it could potentially be refuted and undone by new information and events, sure, that makes sense. BUT, the 'indigo children' idea, its an irrational beleif in the first place, like faith. So why would it matter if something like a 2012 crisis didn't occur? Why accept a 'conditional' faith???

Now with the ESP, theres isnt proof beside you talking to one of these people an hanging out with them talk with them, you will have your own personal experiences,

Not for nothing, but you really needn't go beyond 'there isn't proof'. THe 'but' is where the chicanery and deception, even self deception, can come in. If there isn't proof, then there isn't proof. If the indigo children can't even demonstrate the basics of ESP, then they can't be said to be especially well endowed with it.

be more gentle with your Pursuit an you will gain alot more ground.

Why do you beleive this? Sometimes in order to gain ground you have to dig and claw and pull yourself through muck.

But im raising My children with a proper mind to be Loving towards all people, to care about them, an their world

How utterly evil.
[sarcasm off]

thats what im doing to make this world better, Im promoting a better understanding of how a Human being should be.

And that is a good thing and has nothing to do with having an indigo coloured aura. Nor should any such thing be a pre-requisite.

intelligence is the only way we will learn to solve our differences in other means. More peaceful means

Intelligence has nothing to do with peace. Some of the most brilliant minds in history have been the most viscious and effective at war. Socrates taught Plato. Plato taught Aristotle. Aristotle's great student was Alexander. Peace does not mean intelligence, and intelligence does not mean peace.

Why Would i of had to die, an leave my 2 year old daughter an my 9 month old son an my 24 year old wife Alone in this world? for Bushs Mistake of thinking WMD were in Iraq?

Only if you volunteered to be in the Army. And if there were a draft, well, such is the cost of living in a nation-state.

i got out of the military without harm, but alot of others didnt, WHY is it ok for them to die for Ideas?

I don't know about it being 'ok', but its certainly to be expected that when you agree to fight for pay, you could get hurt while fighting.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
im 15 and i act like this most of the time. Could i be one?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The main resaon(s) i think this is beacuse im musically creative and i have a disrespect for all/most authoirty and thus suffer in school for vocallizations. I also tend to be very anti-socail unless with my few friends who share the same beliefs as me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join