It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children ... human 2.0 ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I assume 5 out of 100 people heard of them. But I hope im wrong. Psychologists worldwide are determined to figure out if this generation is indeed a more evolved form of human. if you were born after 1968, then it's possible that you have certain characteristics or a personality similair to what describes an indigo child. After the baby boomers, after 68 and 69, Children are labled indigo gen. by scientists and psychologists. Now, im going to post some attributes that indigos are born with, and it's up to the person to unlock their talents. Indigos must make the revealation or they are just going to wind up being ordinary joes. Does the following describe you ????

They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
Self-worth is not a big issue; they often tell the parents "who they are."
They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
They are not shy in letting it be known what they need.
Wendy H. Chapman, says that Indigo Children will display many of the following:

Have strong self esteem, connection to source
Know they belong here until they are told otherwise
Have an obvious sense of self
Have difficulty with discipline and authority
Refuse to follow orders or directions
Find it torture to waiting in lines, lack patience
Get frustrated by ritual-oriented systems that require little creativity
Often see better ways of doing thing at home and at school
Are mostly nonconformists
Do not respond to guilt trips, want good reasons
Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks
Are rather creative
Are easily distractible, can do many things at once
Display strong intuition
Have strong empathy for others or NO empathy
Develop abstract thinking very young
Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent
Are often identified or suspected of having ADD or ADHD, but can focus when they want to
Are talented daydreamers and visionaries
Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes
Have spiritual intelligence and/or psychic skills
Often express anger outwardly rather than inwardly and may have trouble with rage
Need our support to discover themselves
Are here to change the world - to help us live in greater harmony and peace with one another and to raise the vibration of the planet
Some critics believe that these traits are not unique and are observable in most children, but adherents believe that this new type of child has come forward for a reason; most often suggested is that they will improve the world in some way. The changes generally discussed involve bringing peace, toppling corrupt institutions, and a shift from allopathic medicine to a greater understanding of more natural alternatives. Indigo Children are more in touch with something called the "universal truth".

[edit on 6/16/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Interesting theories, do you have any links or sources?

Also, was there a shift in thinking about Indigo Kids?

Most info I've read places them as being born in/after the mid-eighties as opposed to the late-sixtys.

This certainly sheds a more "human" light on them as opposed to the "perfect harmonious peace lover" image that many portray them with.

[edit on 6/16/06 by redmage]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
References? Could you post some links to web pages on the subject, or quote some literature we could look up? And do psychologists or other scientists have an explanation to account for the sudden appearance of these toffee-nosed little marvels?

The decline of corporal punishment may explain it. Bring back the knout, say I.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Personally, Id be depriving you people if I put one or two links on here. Just Google search with key words Indigo children or child.

There are countless websites that describe them.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Thats me i think, i suffer from ADD too, and have a strong empathy towards people.
I cant stand queueing lol, who does?

I suffered badly socially at school, but am intelligent.

Am i an indigo child, i wanna know more......

And definelty wanna change the world for the better, why not?

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Indigo Children is a "new age" trick, nothing more.

A decade or two ago it would have been "you are an old soul with many incarnations", followed by "you are a star child" Before that it was something else, and before that it was something else, etc etc.

Don't fall for this charade.

There are millions of dumb kids out there, look at all the emo kids.
Look at all the kids who think they are unique by being punk, and thats already 30 years out dated.

The whole indigo bologna is used to sell books and stroke egos.

Here is a valuable lesson, if some one starts telling you that you are an
indigo child, they probably want to get into your pants either sexually or financially.

Don't believe the hype, its a sequel

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
There are countless websites that describe them.

Riiiiight, that's why I asked about your source/link, because your info seems to contradict the mass of info that I have found.

Originally posted by Legalizer

And Techno and Emo are Disco and Mod's bastard stepchildren (respectively).
Of course "it's all been done". That doesn't mean you can't look at something from a different angle. I'm not saying "buy it" or "believe it" but even fiction can be fun/interesting at times.

This is certainly a "new take" on indigo kids (not sure if you've read enough to recognize that) so I'd like to hear where it's from, that's all.

[edit on 6/16/06 by redmage]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I got to agree. This is so much new age guff.

Are rather creative
etc etc

I'd be quite surprised if many children don't fit these criteria. And some are just plain silly:

So if you just have some empathy you can rule yourself out as "indigo"?

These descriptions are just the same generalisations that fairground fortune tellers make, such as "Sometimes people don't undstand you" or "You like to get on with people" - stuff that pretty much everyone agrees with.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I got to agree. This is so much new age guff.

Are rather creative
etc etc

I'd be quite surprised if many children don't fit these criteria. And some are just plain silly:

So if you just have some empathy you can rule yourself out as "indigo"?

These descriptions are just the same generalisations that fairground fortune tellers make, such as "Sometimes people don't undstand you" or "You like to get on with people" - stuff that pretty much everyone agrees with.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If thats the pre-requisite for Indigo Children, then not only am I one, but every person i went to school with.

This seems like its supposed to be a 'special' someone, but that just sounds like a descritption of a large group of people we call Teenagers.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Psychologists worldwide are determined to figure out if this generation is indeed a more evolved form of human.

Huh?

Like who?

Children are labled indigo gen. by scientists and psychologists.

?

No they're not. The "Indigo" label refers to their 'aura' which is supposed ot be of a 'higher level' than normal, it has nothing to do with psychology or science.

Some critics believe that these traits are not unique and are observable in most children,

Considering that thats a darned long list of generalized characteristics and traits, I'd be surprised if there was anyone that could'nt identify with a few of them.

but adherents believe that this new type of child has come forward for a reason;

What does it matter what people beleive? What can be shown to be true?

most often suggested is that they will improve the world in some way.

See, it used to be that there were specific details about what an Indigo is, and not only what they are supposed to do, but when. Now it looks like the idea is becoming more 'vague', perhaps as those claiming to be indigos are getting older and not living up to their own expectations, and perhaps as the 'crisis' they expected fails to materialize.

Indigo Children are more in touch with something called the "universal truth".

So they say. That doesn't count for much.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Today.....both the parents and the child themselves speak loudly and often in
their bragging lilt...that they are special, super intelligent etc etc.

In a possible future,
the Gov't may declare these wunderkinder as a National Resource,
i can imagine the case that the kids would be whisked off to special
communities and year round schools
There under gov't programs their greatness can be nurtured for the good
of the many, as they will lead the nation to solve all its problems as only
an Indigo can do.

so, Tomorrow, keep in your personal files & journals the names of these
people claiming to be Indigos', because you might recieve a gratutity from
a beleagured gov't seeking these Indigos who will save mankind from himself.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Indigo Children is a "new age" trick, nothing more.

A decade or two ago it would have been "you are an old soul with many incarnations", followed by "you are a star child" Before that it was something else, and before that it was something else, etc etc.

Don't fall for this charade.

There are millions of dumb kids out there, look at all the emo kids.
Look at all the kids who think they are unique by being punk, and thats already 30 years out dated.

The whole indigo bologna is used to sell books and stroke egos.

Here is a valuable lesson, if some one starts telling you that you are an
indigo child, they probably want to get into your pants either sexually or financially.

We never stopped "Evolving" yes . So I can say that my case is correct. That Indigos are the label given to the generation that was born after 1975. The list in the opening post suggests common characteristics of the younger people today. The example of using a Tv remote was just a little scenerio. I could think of many other things Baby Boomers have trouble with to prove how humans evolve each generation, even if it's just a little bit.

Also, if your child can breathe, then they officially have ADD. They are labeling everone with ADD these days and I realized that they are probably from what Ive been seing.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I dont really know if that list is very generalised or not.. but i can relate to pretty much everything of that list.. also there have been threads on Indigo children here on ats earlier.

I don't know if its really anything special, but often i feel like i solve problems in other ways than most people do..

As a kid i was hyperactive.. and could become angry to the extreme if taunted... but now days its under control

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Looks to me like psychologists just discovered teenagers.

My 16 year old granddaughter possesses many of the listed traits, but she keeps making the same mistakes.

Indigo child my patootie...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Lets start with Wendy Chapman. The site you lifted the list from, Metagifted.org is her way of making money. Yes, for just a hundred bucks or so she’ll tune your chakras over the phone. Having spent some time in her little circle, I was even a mod in a forum there; I can assure you the woman needs serious mental help.

Indigo children are just the latest fad of the new age movement who want to write books and announce the world is changing into the 5 dimension or mankind is finally growing up and look, here are the children to prove it. Once they’ve burned out those poor children with unrealistic expectations and self serving demands they will move on to another fad.

I spent quite a bit of time in that movement that believes that spiritual awakening and better things are right around the corner. Then I came to ATS where everyone believes the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

I like it better here. Yes, the atmosphere is far more cynical, but much more grounded in reality.

These are just my thoughts on it.

wupy

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverSurfer
I dont really know if that list is very generalised or not.. but i can relate to pretty much everything of that list.. also there have been threads on Indigo children here on ats earlier.

I don't know if its really anything special, but often i feel like i solve problems in other ways than most people do..

As a kid i was hyperactive.. and could become angry to the extreme if taunted... but now days its under control

See, and please don't see this as an attack, but you are exactly what these people are aiming for.

You are Special, every single person is, but not in the way this woman is saying.

Psychologically speaking, if you see a trait that you wish was part of your 'mainframe' you will find something within yourself to say 'Yes, thats me'.
We do it all the time, its how we work. Look at all those people who believe the Horoscope.

I'm sorry, but lets take mine for yesterday, my horoscope

Today should find you in a cheery and pleasant mood, Alister. You will be able to feel more patience and compassion as you are dealing with people. Friends and family might still be having their disagreements and worries, but you'll find yourself detached from their sense of stress. You'll feel like you are in a special, peaceful bubble of your own, far away from any negative vibes. This will allow you to see things from a loving perspective.

Wow, this is spot on.....they even knew my name!!!!
Notice how a Horoscope is given before the days events, so in someways its already giving you a bias. If you believe these things you automatically think, 'I have to be in a Cheery and Pleasant mood' today because its told me so.
Generally speaking, if someone comes to you with an issue, you tend to show some form of compassion and or patience, but notice how it doesnt say you are already a compassionate person, it just says more. So I can easily modify that to myself.
OMG, my family ARE having their disagreements and worries, is this thing freaky or what?
No, of course not. ALL families suffer disagreements and worries, its part of family life. This then leads us on to more bias. It is telling us how to react in these EVERYDAY situations. Fact is, if these issues are friends and family you will generally see them through aloving perspective because guess what you love your friends and family.

So, this Horoscope has almost perfectly described certain parts of my life yesterday, did the person who wrote it really get this about me, or is it a generalization for the statistical 1/12 of the population who are Taureans.
Of course its the latter. Just like that list at first, its simply someone who has placed so many things in one go that everyone and I do mean EVERYONE will find things within that are either good descriptions of themselves, or are something the person wishes to believe about themselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
sound kinda like me

maybe im an indigo child, an im just universal truth is just something you cant comprehend at this point

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
heres my take a grasp apon the whole deal, its a clear change in peoples thinking, honestly people stop firing your scud deny rockets an think about it, there has been a huge shift in thinking of mankind after that time period.

We have more hippies. just in suits.

now i have come to the notion, that the indigos an the 2012 thing are connected, an that they are here to help the transition of people to a better way to live, away from Money, an BS tech that doesnt do much but harm.

Look around the world sucks Big ole 00 , an it needs a way an means out, your people with money arent doing much cept showing off their money for more fame,

we need people in every area to make a difference, an from what i see they are.....

this is more of less a Natural movment of the human mind an soul.
deny it as you wish but then Your not denying ignorance......Your denying a possibility...

YES the People who promote this stuff are lame money hungry buttwipes, but think about it they are serving a purpose they are promoting a good idea.
let people feel special becuz they all are. its only together that we will get anywhere,

Love is the only answer our future will accept...

DOnt let a good idea die becuz people cant prove it to you. you got to prove it to yourself....

By the way, I fit every single aspect of the indigo thing as well do my children yes already so far.., Im 25 my daugter is 2year old an my son is 9 months, I have had psyche tests, been thru the AF mental evals, the whole nine yards, im of sane body an mind, an i think this is an actuall deal. many the people are lame telling us about it, but it really has hit me hard in many experiences an aspect an thats what i hold true not opinons......

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I agree with you Trance. It is not wrong to hold out hope for a better future and to do what you can to bring it about. Those are admiral thoughts and goals.

What jerks my chain about the Indigo children are the people who have accepted that they are not going to do anything about this and so lay the challenge on their children to do what they cannot.

If the kids do something, fine. If they don't, fine. Kids have a right to be kids and not have to live up to some pre-concieved expectations. They need only be themselves and not have to live up to some new age label.

Using children to further your own hippie crap goals is wrong. Kids deserve better than that.

just my thoughts,

wupy

[edit on 16-6-2006 by mrwupy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join