It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Result Shows The US To Be Biggest Global Peace Threat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Let's invest that money in our own nation - though even then it's not appreciated. But better waste it domestically then on foreign nations that show no appreciation.

I do believe you've got the right idea!!! Tend your own garden and make it bloom before yelling at the neighbour to trim his weeds!

[edit on 15-6-2006 by solo32_98]

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

[edit on 15/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Iconoclast

I know this is a conspiracy theory site, but that's a bit much. IMO, your American paranoia is showing.

It is not "a bit too much"... it is the truth. Such polls are easily rigged, and there are not confirmations at all on the polls, neither where did they do the polls, in which part of the countries, or how.

I know this is very hard for most Americans to understand, but our foreign policy scares the hell out of everyone. "Americans" are NOT universally hated, but the attitude our government projects is.

That in itself shows me that you are not aware at all of the perception of the world in the past about the United States.

I lived in Europe for almost 10 years and I saw the hatred that existed against the United States even in the early 80s in places such as Spain.

Even in the 70s a Canadian, Gordon Sinclair, broadcasted some statements and he named it "The Americans", which was about "the hatred that most of the world had against the United States even after the United States had helped most of those countries." Acknowledging the past, that the United States has helped many countries and has even forgiven the debt of many of those countries, should not be an excuse to "hate the united States even more"....

www.tysknews.com...

Your point is moot. A dictator in Sudan is not a threat to "global peace". Sudan does not have the resources to be a threat to global peace. A couyntry with a large military or weapons that could kill millions instantly are considered a threat. The reaction that other nations have to that situation generates the threat.

The point is not moot at all because the same doctrine that the government of Sudan has, which is Islamic radicalism, is the same doctrine that is affecting many countries in the world and which is causing at least half of the conflicts/wars in the world rigtht now... That same radicalism that killed over 2.6 million people since 1983, is being used now to attack, or try to attack many nations around the world. The U.S. was attacked, Spain was attacked, the U.K. was attacked, and even countries such as France and Germany, who were against the war on terror, have come forward to say that they have been able for now to capture Islamic terrorists who had planned attacks such as the one done in 9/11 in the U.S., and even chemical attacks.... So the point is not moot... Islamic extremism is more of a threat to global peace than the U.S. ever was.

I think you've been to the koolaid stand once too often. Take a step back and take a look at the situations from a global perspective and you'll see who is brainwashed. There is a small number of Americans that has pushed the nation into the position they are in. The 30% satisfaction rating of the administration tells you all you need to know.

And i think you have been under the koolaid stand for too long. The fact that the left could not gather as much people as the illegal immigrants were able to gather, which was only a portion of 10 million people, should tell you all you need to know...and the illegal immigrants had more reasons to be afraid of what the government might do to them by freely demonstrating in the streets...

That garbage. People will fight, when its the right time to fight. The invasion of Iraq was an immoral act and should never have taken place. The WORLD was behind us after 9/11 and we willing to bend over backwards for us. The vast majority of the world were Americans on September 12th. All the goodwill imaginable was with us. Our President and his (corrupt) administration flushed all of that goodwill down the toilet. If there was a just engagement, the world would be with us. Unfortunately, Iraq is NOT a just engagement and everyone in the world knows it... except Americans.

Only those who have been fed the leftist propaganda believe that "garbage" you just mentioned.. Even the French were saying at first they would back us up in a war against Iraq if resolution 1441 was used, which is an article that another member has posted in the past yet noone from the left even said a thing about it after a couple of links about what the French government said were posted... not only that but several times have those of us who can see through the exagerations and lies to attempt to hide the truth posted links from several sources which clearly state that most of the world believed that Saddam was a threat, and that he had wmd...

BTW, in case you didn't know...in a war there isn't such a thing as a just engagement...more so when the insurgents dress like civilians, hide among civilians, and use civilians for shields, to carry explosives, or brainwash the young into fighting for them...

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Well, that's their problem for being such a bunch of pacifistic sissies. The USA is not out colonizing other countries. We are, however, dedicated to releasing this world from the grip of fanatical Islamic terrorism. If you don't agree with that, go join them.

No thank you, I am quite happy where I am. But since you want to play that game and are so gung ho about "releasing this world from the grip of fanatical Islamic terrorism" I suggest you pick up a weapon and take up a position in Iraq. If its such a righteous action, and you're such a big patriot, willing to die for the beliefs of the sitting President, feel free to put a weapon where your mouth is.

Yes, I'm quite sure you are happy, sitting there and condemning the very people that make it possible for you to blather on.

As far as "taking up a position", been there, done that. And would go back again if asked. While you were playing patriot on your keyboard.

What have you done? Oh, I get it - you "don't believe" in an illegal war.

Fact is, there will never be a war that you believe in. Most cowards feel that way.

Not to worry. There are plenty of apologists like you that will serve to appease them.

Appeasing them? Interesting spin. How about understanding their position and realizing that we are in the wrong? Believe it or not, everything we do in America is not always the right thing.

You go ahead and "understand their position". Just watch your back as you walk away.

Muaddib's point is valid.

An infection in one part of this world affects all of us, and should not be ignored. And we may have the most and biggest weapons, but we are civilized enough to exercise restraint in using them. I do not have faith that other regions have the same discipline.

You're catching on. The world views America's foreign policy is considered an infection that must be controlled and then cured.

And people like you believe them. Pathetic.:shk:

Fact is, none of them have the ability to do anything about it, despite the fact that their countries are centuries older than ours. Bunch of wimps.

You might want to consider the views of the majority of the world and WHY they think America is the greatest threat to world peace. It is the belief that America does NOT have the restraint to keep our weapons in check.

I'll consider it when they start putting their money where their mouths are. They do nothing to help stability in this world; they are content to let terrorists run all over them, as happened in France.

There was no logical reason to go into Iraq. NONE. The world views this as a gross over-reaction. That's the reality outside of the American media vaccuum.[/quote.
Says you. You don't understand world politics, it's obvious.

Polls. Pffft!! They can change tomorrow, and, as has been pointed out, polls can be geared toward any result you want.

You can't win a football game, or a war, by playing only defense. You fail to realize that.

I disagree, and every sport will back me up when I say, defense wins championships. I think you should try and stay away from the sports metaphors.

I've forgotten more about sports than you will ever know. And about defense and offense.

What YOU fail to release is that Iraq is the mess it is because there is not enough defense in the country.

So what you're saying is that the offense is winning. You just made my case.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by polanksi
The US has thousands of nukes.

The Russians, Chinese, French and English have plenty

The US has a pre-emptive nuclear policy.

So does Russia, England, France, and China I'm sure there's many we don't know about (like the terrorists who are already attacking us...)

The US is pursuing weaponizing space.

So is Russia and China

The US has a weapons that will cause excrushiating(awful) pain or death but not detroy anything else.

So does Russia and China (so does my x-gf)

The US has missiles that can burrow underground before they go off.

Good for the US

The US has a hit list of countries that they feel should have regime change.

So does the rest of the world when they say the US needs a regime change...except, that means treason from within and an overthrow of the Republic. And you really think China or Russia or many or other nations don't feel like there should be regime changes across the globe? What about Taiwan?

The US invaded Iraq under false pretences.

False pretences? False before or after the fact of invasion? False beforehand is a treasonous act of invasion. Would need hard proof to justify that claim. Having bad intelligence, that is not a crime. I did not agree going into Iraq was right, but wasn't my choice. I support our troops to the end.

The US is surveiling their own people.

Only on international calls related to known terrorist contacts. (OK, I dont buy that completely, but they are NOT sneaking into your home to monitor domestic calls - get it right). And if you are really stupid enough to trust any communication to be entirely secure, too bad. You should NEVER say anything over email or the telephone that you would not say in an open letter. Now if that is what's you're worried about, busted!!! (JK)

The US has hundreds of detention centers throughout the US.

We're at WAR. Now it's a shame that no nation declared war against us, so there is no Geneva conventions. We declared war on the terrorists who have been at war against us since at least 1978 - we were just too stupid to do anything about it, except for when Reagan ordered the bombing of Libya. It wasnt until Bush Sr was elected that terrorist really started getting out of hand. And Clinton had more terrorist attacks during his administration than both the Bush's combined. Detention centers??? Give me a US location and ill investigate.

The US has tortured prisoners.

OMG, lack of my MTV!!!! (and lets not forget the US soldier tortured by islamists, hung from bridges, beheadings, shot without remorse, raped because they are a woman soldier, left for dead with no medical care) - uhm torture? that we do no let them know which direction mecca is located? nuke mecca, and let them go there in person...

The US is evading the Geneva Accords.

Not applicable - though I agree - they should be enforced regardless

The US is undermining the outcome of the Nurenberg trials.

...not commenting on this cuz im ignorant

The US is making propanganda pieces to be shown as news.

You must watch Fox News, or CNN, or MSNBC, or whatever new is out there. Let me guess, the BBC is the only true credible new orginization out there...give me a break. Or if I read that statement wrong - forcing misinformation to the media - tell me a time that has NEVER happened. Garbage in garbage out. It's a very rare tribute for someone to see through the propaganda and see it for what it is. And no, im not talking about shallow counter-argurments, but you always hide a truth within a lie - that way it is more believable.

The US is endangering the environment by promoting pseudo-science.

pseudo-science? like in black magic? science that is not really real? you believe in ghosts? that there can be an alternative to oil? not sure what this statement means....

The US has sold out the future by running up an insurmountab

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Sorry, but when... people try to claim that "The U.S. is the worse threat to peace in the world" there is a political reason for anyone trying to claim this because it is simply not true.

Nobody is 'trying' to 'claim' this. It is a belief, and its prevalence has been well substantiated by research.

Anyone living outside the States knows from personal experience that the belief is very widespread. Americans who never leave the US may be blind to it, since it is not something your media like to talk about much.

Would the majority of Iraqis disagree with the proposition? Surely not. How about Afghans? Or Saudis, or indeed, most Arabs? Chinese (there are rather a lot of them)? Support for America is falling in India, as the BBC article says. In Europe, even in Britain, large numbers of people would agree with the statement; the Europeans were the original America-doubters. Enormous numbers of Latin Americans feel this way too.

I travel a lot, mostly in Asia, usually for professional reasons. Nothing about my line of work, my beliefs or my personal interests is especially likely to bring me into contact with people who hate America, yet I hear the country reviled wherever I go. This bothers me, because I am a great believer in the idea of America, the experiment in constitutional democracy and individual liberty. I am also aware of the enormous power for good that America has been in the world. But I think that era is past now: the USA has become the sole superpower, and unchallenged supremacy has generated the usual evils in the soul of the nation.

America's intentions with respect to the rest of the world no longer receive (nor deserve) the benefit of the doubt. Power corrupts, said Lord Acton, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. America's power is not absolute, but it is pre-eminent, and the inevitable corruption is now well advanced. As a supporter and promoter of liberty and thus of America and its institutions, I find this hugely disappointing. Whatever happened to the 'city on the hill'?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Now you are making big assumptions....and btw sorry to tell you that most Iraqis, which live to the north and south of Iraq, have been thanking the coalition for helping them. i also know from three Iraqis and two Iranis who are engineers like me and work for the same company I work for, and i know from them and even from blogs from iranis and Iraqis which i ahve posted in the past, that many of their people are in favor of the united States, despite what people like yourself try to claim...

I know many educated people from all over the world who come the United States to work, and the hatred people like yourself try to proclaim is from the whole world is exagerated only so that people like yourself can try to make a point... yes there are many people who hate the United States, but there are also many people who don't and would do anything to come live and work in the United States...

BTW, I was born in a Communist country, I lived in Europe for almost 10 years, and i was also in the U.S. Navy, i have been all over the United States, parts of Canada, the Caribean (Bahamas, Cozumel which is part of Mexico) and Europe (Spain and Portugal).. in November this year i am going to the U.K. for at least three weeks... so don't try to tell me that i must think the way i do because i must be a dumb American who has never been outside the United States...

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
When I've travelled in Europe, as recently as last year, my sense is that they love Americans and strongly dislike American foreign policy.

This was my experience when I first went to Europe in the late '70s. No change.

US foreign policy always seems to be a sledgehammer where a scalpel would do better.

Today, overall terrorist events worldwide are up. Way up from where they were before 9/11. So it's only natural for much of the rest of the world to say our actions are partly to blame.

Those of you in countries with a free and independent press may not be aware how limited and edited our "corporate" news is here. We are treated like infants that can only hold three or four stories in our heads at a time. Entire continents get zero coverage. So when the pictures of the Indonesian tsunami relief efforts showed Indonesians wearing shirts praising Osama bin Laden, many Americans were shocked. They had no clue Indonesia is Muslim.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
God Bless America!

America has ALOT of people praying for it from all over the world.

I for one would NEVER be fooled into believing Americans as a whole want war or want global domination.

No doubt greedy men in power want domination, but your normal american citizen just wants to live thier life in peace, as does everyone else in the world.

The same for arabs, africans, asians and anyone else who shares this big blue planet.
Common people just want to raise a family, and live their lives in peace.

Hating ANY people from ANY country is ignorance.

Your average joe smith is like anyone else, so why hate him?

Greed for power is the number 1 threat to world peace!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Now you are making big assumptions....

No, I am speaking from my own experience. I imagine that people are more likely to be frank about their beliefs regarding America when speaking to me, a non-American, than when speaking to a member (or even ex-member) of the US military. Wouldn't you agree?

btw sorry to tell you that most Iraqis, which live to the north and south of Iraq, have been thanking the coalition for helping them. i also know from three Iraqis and two Iranis who are engineers like me and work for the same company...

Yes? I've lived and worked in the Middle East, too -- for years -- and as long as we're swapping qualifications, I know plenty of Iraqis and Iranis myself. How well do you know your friends? Did they take you home and feed you? Did you have affairs with any of them?

I suppose the anti-American violence in Iraq, the anti-American sentiments expressed in casual conversation by the Iraqis I've met, are just the expressions of a disgruntled minority?

The hatred people like yourself try to proclaim is from the whole world is exagerated only so that people like yourself can try to make a point...

I am proclaiming no hatred towards the United States. Read my earlier post again and you'll see that I'm a friend of your country, not an enemy. In conversation with others, I find myself defending America more often than not. I was one of the few people in my circle who believed it made sense to go to war in Iraq, though perhaps not for the reasons thought key by most Americans -- i.e. nothing to do with 9/11 or al-Qaeda, everything to do with the security of the global order. Now that America has made such a snafu of Iraq, it embarrasses me to recall how strongly I supported the action at the time.

don't try to tell me that i must think the way i do because i must be a dumb American who has never been outside the United States...

I didn't 'try to tell' you this; I didn't even imply it. But you cannot deny that there are many, many such folk. One cannot pick one's way across the Internet without stumbling over them everywhere.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   

You have voted The Iconoclast for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Great post there
You nailed it

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It is not "a bit too much"... it is the truth. Such polls are easily rigged, and there are not confirmations at all on the polls, neither where did they do the polls, in which part of the countries, or how.

The truth in your twisted little world maybe, but not from a global perspective. You should stop watching Fox News, its destroying the little perception you have of reality.

That in itself shows me that you are not aware at all of the perception of the world in the past about the United States.

I am very aware of the perception of the United States historically. It seems you forget this while trying to argue the survey was not accurate. Interesting contradiction you have in your message.

I lived in Europe for almost 10 years and I saw the hatred that existed against the United States even in the early 80s in places such as Spain.

Yet you argue that the survey is a fabrication? You have seen it first hand, so why would this survey be wrong? A little consistency in your story would be nice don't you think?

Even in the 70s a Canadian, Gordon Sinclair, broadcasted some statements and he named it "The Americans", which was about "the hatred that most of the world had against the United States even after the United States had helped most of those countries." Acknowledging the past, that the United States has helped many countries and has even forgiven the debt of many of those countries, should not be an excuse to "hate the united States even more"....

www.tysknews.com...

Gordon Sinclair was a great man and understood that the American smugness and the false bravado that Americans constantly display makes the rest of the world sick. The rest of the world views the United States as the neighborhood bully who's family occassionally does good things when the community is in need. That is the perception. For the most part, the U.S. pushes other nations around and demands acknowledgement of it's greatness, even if it isn't what it once was.

BTW... I'm not sure if you ever noticed that when those disasters happen, and Americans give so much, that it is those damned liberals that are giving so much. The humanist movement is still very alive in this country, no matter how hard the extreme right tries to marginalize it.

The point is not moot at all because the same doctrine that the government of Sudan has, which is Islamic radicalism, is the same doctrine that is affecting many countries in the world and which is causing at least half of the conflicts/wars in the world rigtht now... That same radicalism that killed over 2.6 million people since 1983, is being used now to attack, or try to attack many nations around the world. The U.S. was attacked, Spain was attacked, the U.K. was attacked, and even countries such as France and Germany, who were against the war on terror, have come forward to say that they have been able for now to capture Islamic terrorists who had planned attacks such as the one done in 9/11 in the U.S., and even chemical attacks.... So the point is not moot... Islamic extremism is more of a threat to global peace than the U.S. ever was.

Islamists have very little potential to start a "global" conflict. To start a global conflict they would some how have to divide the world's nations and get everyone firing at each other. The Islamists don't even have the support of the majority of their own people, so how would they manage to get several countries to back them? They wouldn't. They don't have the assets, they don't have the capital, and they don't have the political power to do so. It will take a super power to start the next world war. The only one that has displayed any inclination to doing so is the United States.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Then perhaps the US should live up to the "survey" and take over the planet. Begin with the UN and end with Iran.............turn the planet outside the US, Britian, Australia, Italy and other real alies into 'GLASS".

Less population to feed.

Less drain on natural resources.........

Please someone tell me when there was "Global Peace".....ever.............

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
17000 ... people view the United States as a greater threat to global peace than Iran's nuclear programme....it's really saying something.

Yep. It says that 17,000 people aren't very well educated on
what is going on.

Polls mean nothing. They can be made to say anything that the pollster
wants them to say. And .. even if a majority of people on the planet
think a certain way, that doesn't mean that they are thinking correctly
either.

Side note - the USA should withdraw ALL foreign aid, and that includes
our military defenses, from any and all countries that have a majority
who think this way. Let 'em fend for themselves in all matters.
Screw 'em.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Gordon Sinclair was a great man and understood that the American
smugness and the false bravado that Americans constantly display
makes the rest of the world sick.

I'll google him up and read what he has to say. We Americans
are proud of our country because we have something to be proud of.
There isn't anything false about it. If others don't love their countries
as much ... then it's most likely because they don't have anything
to be as proud of.

The rest of the world views the United States as the neighborhood bully

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind next time I pay my federal taxes knowing
that billions of our hard earned $$$ is going overseas to support those who
think that way. Billions that could be spent here on Americans in the
cities; in the Appalachias; in the schools; in care for the elderly; etc etc.

America is 'the neighborhood bully' my a$$. Middle Class America
is stuck paying for AIDS research in Africa and other giveaways.
Bullies? Fine. I guess we should mind our own business and stop
supporting the rest of the ungrateful planet. I'm all for it.
Again - screw 'em.

Edited to add -
www.tysknews.com...
This is by Gordon Sinclair - who Iconoclast brought up.

[edit on 6/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
first off, there will never be global peace. never. too many nutcases in the world. The second we had a global government or something, terrorist would be coming out of the wood work to stop it from happening. As for the US we have no choice but to stand up and defend against these idiots, we are the only ones who can besides the UK. We are the big brother to the world, and untill our economy crashes, which I believe will happen in the next 5 years, we will always be "big brother"

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Well, that's their problem for being such a bunch of pacifistic sissies. The USA is not out colonizing other countries.

That's not 100% true. Any country we "lend assistance" to, we inevitably leave behind bases with troops. We are also exporting our ideology and forcing it on people when they are at their weakest. Through these military actions we are also opening up "new markets" for corporations to try and exploit. It's New Century colonization.

We are, however, dedicated to releasing this world from the grip of fanatical Islamic terrorism. If you don't agree with that, go join them.

And how exactly are we doing that? By invading Islamic countries that fit the Bush administrations twisted view of reality? There was no link between 9/11 and al Qaeda, so if you're holding out on people believing the "dedicated to releasing this world from the grip of fanatical Islamic terrorism" its not going to sell.

Yes, I'm quite sure you are happy, sitting there and condemning the very people that make it possible for you to blather on.

Who am I condemning? Not the soldiers, as you are emplying. The only ones I am condemning are the politicians who have hijacked the military and using it to do their bidding. The military didn't want to go into Iraq either, as they felt any threat was contained. The civilians in the Bush administration hijacked the military. That's what I condemn.

As far as "taking up a position", been there, done that. And would go back again if asked. While you were playing patriot on your keyboard.

Come on hero, its a volunteer service! If you believe the drivel you post, grab a weapon son, and take a post! YOUR president needs you to further his agenda of cashing in on the "war economy".

What have you done? Oh, I get it - you "don't believe" in an illegal war.

Fact is, there will never be a war that you believe in. Most cowards feel that way.

Ah, because I didn't join the military I am a coward. Gotcha. They teach you that at bootcamp when they were playing with your 95 IQ and moulding you into a "killing machine"? And you wonder why people hate America? It's people like YOU with attitudes like YOURS.

You go ahead and "understand their position". Just watch your back as you walk away.

Why would I need to watch my back? The only reason I have to watch my back is because of people like you who some how have taken it upon themselves to decide who is good and who is evil, who is right and who is wrong. You don't know anything about their plight (you actually don't know much about anything after reading your post history) but you feel free to be the judge, jury and executioner. Who gave you that right?

Muaddib's point is valid.

No it isn't. How can an ideology without any tangible military resources begin a global conflict? It can't. It must rely upon geo-politics and destabalization to achieve this goal, and the only way that goal is achieveable is if we allow them to manipulate us into dividing ourselves. Without the military capability they are no threat to global security. At this point they can only generate localized incidents and not affect the larger geo-political map. Only the over-reaction by one of the super powers can create a global conflict.

Fact is, none of them have the ability to do anything about it, despite the fact that their countries are centuries older than ours. Bunch of wimps.

Well, you're good at name calling. Keep it up. It's that attitude that keeps the hatred toward us in America building and keeps others with attitudes like yours in the business of killing.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Yes the UN is inadequate, inefficent and ineffectual,
but it is still better than nothing...

I respectfully disagree.

The UN is worse than having nothing. They stand in the way
of getting real work done. It is a corrupt pool of muk. Annan
is as 'under the table' as any mafiosa and the UN 'Security
Council' has proven that they are easily bought off by
dictators. They act when it suits their political needs; when
they can make themselves some money; and when they can
gang up on America. That's it.

Remember Rwanda? Sometimes having something that you
need to go through is worse than having nothing. Especially
when that something is as blatently corrupt and useless as
the UN. Having them there gets in the way.

The UN needs to be completely disassembled (I just thought of
the movie 'Short Circuit'
) and then started over from the
basics.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh dear. Let's remove all the aid from all the foreign countries!?
Before you do that, let's just open your eyes to what aid actually means. When Hurricane Mitch hit Central America in 1998, $4.8 billion was "pledged" by western governments but only $1.6 billion was actually delivered. A far worse example is when $1.1 billion was pledged for the Bam earthquake in Iran, and only $17 million turned up.
Aid is purely a false promise, or like a seriously pissed deadbeat dad, who'd promise to take you to the pictures, but ultimately never keeps or intends to keep to their wild promises of watching the Lion King.
The tricks with Aid, is like simply not paying, accountant tricks, or making a big fuss of suspending the affected country's debt, but letting the interest mount up so when the affected country gets back on it's feet, it gets it's kneecaps blown off. Another neat trick is to use the disaster as a way of funding the military, and counting the military as part of the total relief fund. Great way of subsiding the military, and recouping military expenditure from your supposed charitable donation. So America withdrawing Aid, wouldn't make much of a difference. Because not one government ever equals their pissed up promises and barely any of it gets through.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well it is pretty much clear:

How many full scale wars did USA start in the last 50 years?

How many proxy-wars did USA start in the last 50 years?

How many dictatorship regimes did USA support in last 50 years?

People of the World are watching this with another perspective then an averege American - but why is that? Could it be, that the American public is repeatedly bombarded with such propaganda, that they simply do not see the same picture as the rest of the world does?

Well the People have Spoken.

And I agree with the People!

[edit on 15/6/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

There was no link between 9/11 and al Qaeda,

That's flat out wrong. Sorry Iconoclast, but the overwhelming
evidence is that it definately was al Qaeda. You can choose
not to believe that of course. But 9/11 and alQaeda go together
like peanut butter and jelly in a sandwich.

"dedicated to releasing this world from the grip of fanatical Islamic terrorism" its not going to sell.

If it doesn't sell then it's only because people refuse to understand the
truth of the situation that RADICAL (note I didn't say 'all') Islam is hell
bent on taking over the planet and making everyone dance to their
religious rules from the year 700 a.d.

They teach you that at bootcamp when they were playing
with your 95 IQ and moulding you into a "killing machine"?

QUESTION - Iconoclast - were you insulting jso or all veterans?
I enlisted and I don't have a 95 IQ. Mine was 145 at the time of
enlistment. And I wasn't moulded into a 'killing machine'. I'm a
well adjusted stay-at-home mom.

And you wonder why people hate America?

Not many hate America. There are those who hate what they
THINK America is. But not many hate what America really is.
Most think it's 'in style' to hate us or they are jealous or they
don't understand America. But frankly, not many hate what
America really is. They hate what they have been told America is.

The terrorists hate us because we stand in the way of them
converting or killing the world. That's for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join