It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found A Silver Cylinder With A Message In Arabic?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If I have this in the wrong cat please move it.

My husband and I went to a garage sale this past weekend and he bought an antique light fixture.

Inside of the light fixture was a silver, HEAVY cylinder with what appears to be solid gold letters on the front.
It measures about 6 inches long.

My husband was looking at it and to his surprise the ends screwed off and the the ends have rubber gaskets to keep moisture out.

What really surprised us is what he found inside of the cylinder.
It was a small piece of paper with what appears to be Arabic writing and neither one of us can read or speak this language.

The piece of paper was sealed with plastic covering and tightly rolled up like a scroll.

We have no idea what this is and are not certain of the language but I have seen the written Arabic language on the Internet and TV.

I'm going to try to scan the piece of paper and the silver cylinder and upload them to this site.

I'm not sure I can do this because I've never put a picture on ATS before so if someone can tell me how to do it I will greatly appreciate the help.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me what this is.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by MagicaRose]

[edit on 12-6-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The best way to do it would probably be to use imageshack.

imageshack.us...

Save the scanned image to your desktop, or wherever, and click browse once you're on imageshack. Upload the file and copy the URL it gives you, I use the one with capitalized URL tags, I think it's option 2, it should say "for forums" or something to that effect. (I use FireFox, with tabs, so I can keep the window open until I make sure the link works)

Paste it into the post window on ATS, and replace the 'IMG' bits with 'ATS', and delete everything outside the brackets. It should take, but if it doesn't I'm sure we can figure something else out.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you u2u advisor, he can give you complete instructions on uploading pics...
I would love to see them, even though i think i know what you have there...

A hebrew (jewish) prayer scroll...

You might take it to a local Rabbi, and see if he can translate...

and it may be silver/gold, or it may be tin, and brass... i have seen them cheap, and expensive...
the size of this one, and weight would indicate that it was the real gold deal, so you might have found a true treasure...

As far as the prayer scroll... try to only think respectful thoughts about what is written on it, it is probably someones best blessing for a loved one...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just go to your MemCenter and click Member Upload. You might need to spend a few points if you need more upload space. But you can host them right on the ATS servers.

If you have a problem just shout. Someone will help.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I hope this works:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose

My husband and I went to a garage sale this past weekend and he bought an antique light fixture.

What kind of a light fixture was it? Was it one of those really ornate cast-iron fixtures, like on a Tiffany, or was it wood and glass? Did you find a nice shade to go with it? Sometimes that's the hardest part. Finding a suitable shade.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is the cylinder:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Enkidu
I would tell you but I don't think it would help me figure out what this cylindar is...lol

link   
Wow! Amazing find.

Now to find out what it says. I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

What kind of a light fixture was it? Was it one of those really ornate cast-iron fixtures, like on a Tiffany, or was it wood and glass? Did you find a nice shade to go with it? Sometimes that's the hardest part. Finding a suitable shade.

Nice... Seeing that its typed and i twas contaned in a silver tube with rubber ends, its not the missing bible code i was hopng for, but ill try to translate it. give me maybe an hour.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Schmidt1989,
Thank you!

All of you have been so much help with this!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ive seen a similar tube on my orthodontists doorway, and he's jewish

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Let's compare.

The container is beautiful, and so's the writing on the scroll.

Edit: This is the Yiddish alphabet for additional comparison.

I looked at Arabic but it doesn't seem to match.

Could the original document posted by MagicaRose be upside down ???

[edit on 12/6/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
WyrdeOne,

Thats a great website you gave me for my photo's!
I put it in my Favorites folder.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow nice find! My Dads Girlfriend speaks arabic so here goes. Sorry if it's sketchy.

For Daema,
I hope that you recieve this letter/note in good will as I hope to be moving/travelling
to Jordan soon.I trust/hope that you will keep Mitri? safe/well as it may be some
time till I see him. Your prescence should take you far in your name/place of work
in the states of America and in gods trust you shall recieve much knowledge and
friendship in this place as I know the people of this country mean well (in spirit?)
Keep the word of Allah free wherever you become (peace be apon his name).
Respect those who welcome you into their homes and never fall? from faith.
I might not be near to you for a long time now and hope to see you in a
time from now, so that I can be proud of you and the country from which we both
came? Hopefully you will recieve this gift in goo time and find this message/print
as you know the way of speaking is very hard. I sall send another gift when I can and
hopefully I can get a reasoning? to myself. May god be with you. Abdul.

Sounds quite reasonable but I hope she ain't lying lol.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think Anxiety Disorder might be onto something.

This looks like upside down Hebrew/Yiddish to me.

I doubt that the Arabic translation could be anywhere near correct if thats the case.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I think Anxiety Disorder might be onto something.

This looks like upside down Hebrew/Yiddish to me.

I doubt that the Arabic translation could be anywhere near correct if thats the case.

Yes she was lying. FFS Sha doesn't even know Arabic but is of Iranian descent. She's laughing. I was hoping for an applause. Story of my life.:shk:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well do you think it is upside down?

I'll take another photo of it turned the other way if it will help.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
MAgica Rose.

It's ok..WE can use Photoshop to invert the image. No Sweat. It IS a very interesting find. Even if it turns out to be nothing more than a glimpse into the past!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join