It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what don't the masons want us to know

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
sorry buddy but theres no "princes" of masonry, no inner circle, no outer circle...in fact no circle at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Why be a Mason? Why join a secret society? What is actually being aimed at when one pledges oneself to this group?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrew ky
Why be a Mason? Why join a secret society? What is actually being aimed at when one pledges oneself to this group?

Well, brotherhood, a sense of belonging in a thankless society,...the list goes on and on. Why do people join the boyscouts, baseball team, politics, for that matter? People who become Freemasons inherit a responsibility to their environment to uphold good and decent values. To be charitable and hospitable to their neighbors. What makes these people so different from Mother Theresa's charitable organizations? Each year the masonic lodges from all over the world make contributions to various charities. The question I pose to you is, "why not join?" Contrary to the completely unsupported views you've been spewing about the Freemasons and their ties to Satanism, the society is a primarily Christian sect. In fact, in most places(it really depends on where) being a Christian is an absolute prerequisite to becoming a member. And as far as the "inner circle" concealing the true knowledge and secrets of the order from those that are not worthy, that is all very well and good...so long as you are talking about a society that actually has a hierarchy. Everyone is equal in the brotherhood, everyone. From the rich right down to the guy that repairs their shoes. Everything after Third Degree is purely honorary and ceremonial. It really doesn't give them any more or less power than any other Mason. I would suggest that you actually research the matter yourself before taking what you think you know off of the quotes from one man. Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrew ky
[

I find the following quotes from Albert Pike to be pretty good reasons to begin questioning the true nature of freemasonry.
"LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darknesss! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!" p.321

Why is it that every time this is quoted here, Pike always gets cut off in mid-sentence?

"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled, to conceal the truth, which it calls Light, from them, and to draw them away from it. Truth is not for those who are unworthy or unable to receive it, or would pervert it."

Can anyone really deny the truth of this? Did not Christ himself warn the Apostles of casting their pearls before swine.

Anyone who deserves knowledge will sooner or later receive it. Anyone who does not deserve it wouldn't know what to do with it even if it was given to them on a silver platter. This isn't a rule of any fraternity, but an inherent law of nature.

"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry ... It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons, to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees; and whose attempts to undeceive them will labor in vain."

That's fine, but really is meaningless these days. The big secret, which is hidden from the Blue Degrees (according to Pike) is that Masons are the successors of the Knights Templar. Pike's comments here are generally ignored by modern Masonic scholars because it has since been shown that Pike's theories concerning it were incorrect.

I also consider the notion of protecting truth by swearing vicious oaths vis a vis the breaking of freemaonsy's secrecy code, to be contrary to any kind of truth I would wish to belong to.

So would I. Luckily, there aren't any "vicious oaths" in Freemasonry.

I also consider truth or real spirituality to be intimately connected with the merging of oneself with life/God/the Self etc in a spirit of humility.

Which is indeed the Great Work of the Adepts, and the Stone of the Philosophers.

....and all this Grand Master titled stuff to be exactly at odds with this true wisdom, in that we are dealing with something that is exalting the ego rather than warning against it.

What does being elected as a Masonic official have to do with "exalting the ego"?

Crowley's "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" incidentally is the prefect summation of the satanic belief, or if one is repelled by such dramatic words as satanic, it is the exaltation of the ego.

Actually, Crowley's maxim has the opposite meaning to that which you've described. "Do what thou wilt" concerns the True Will, which often, if not practically always, conflicts with the ego. The occult theory has it that everyone exists for the purpose of accomplishing this Higher Will. According to Crowley and the other occultists, as long as we are following the True Will, we are fulfilling our purpose, and are in harmony with the Universe. When we work against the True Will, then we fall into chaos and error.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" requires one to discover the True Will, then abide by it. The first maxim is always answered by the second: "Love is the law, love under Will", which shows that love is the basis of the True Will, while revealing the formula of utilizing it.

And this may sound great and liberating to some, but remember that the logical follow ons from this idea are that, for example, there is nothing wrong with extermination camps. Or that the vilest thing you can imagine is not vile at all. That for example slitting a child's troath and forcing another child to drink the blood(forgive the ugliness of the example but the point should be made), before sexually abusing that child.. well that's all perfectly ok and even good as it exalts one's sense of self.

Obviously, that isn't what Crowley meant. He noted that as long as one is following the Will, he will not conflict with the Will of others, since the Will is derived from the One Source. Again, "Do what thou wilt" doesn't mean "do whatever you want". It concerns the metaphysical Will, the purpose of life itself.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by dnero6911
hrmm.. well I find that interesting to say the least... but my question is.. if freemasonry is about the light or knowledge how can they dismiss a very important part of society [drugs].. from a shamanistic point-of-view?
so can freemasons make the sound judgement that those types of spiritual awakening are wrong? and if so, what makes the freemasons way correct? (just asking)

Freemasonry has no stance on whether shamanistic points of view are correct. Rather, Freemasonry's "light" concerns the light of reason; and reason is often muddled through the use of intoxicants (which is why their use is forbidden in many systems, for example, Buddhism).

another thing.. obviously every freemason looks at freemasonry different (right?)

Most Masons see Masonry the same way, in general; at least, they do if they've paid attention.

so could it not be set up for people to "take" at will??? whatever knowledge they deem necessary for 'enlightenment' if you know what I mean.. like a 'figure-it-out-yourself' buffet?

I suppose the problem could be addressed in a couple of different ways. First, the Mason, in his initiation, is charged with keeping the laws of his country, provided they are not immoral. In most countries, marijuana, for example, is illegal.

Secondly, enlightenment, at least in my view, is a spiritual awakening. And like the aforementioned Buddha, I don't see how true spiritual awakening can result from clouding one's mind with intoxicants.

(On a side note, I smoked a ton of that stuff when I was a kid, and didn't get anywhere near enlightenment through it. Rather, I passed my hippy days playing Uno and listening to Jefferson Airplane albums.)

[Concerning and Concluding the drug dispute]
Alright... but *what if* someone still maintained unwavering reason under the influence of 'anything' [under moderation] I'm not saying under a gallon of booze... but what if a person could maintain or increase their 'light' under the influence without it being a 'hallucination' or exaggerated... You are lumping everyone into a catagory by saying all you can do is play uno and such.. (wasting time. being lazy
etc..)
Next.... about I don't see how true spiritual awakening can result from clouding one's mind with intoxicants. ... Well could it not ignite a larger fire? true spiritual drug use obviously doesn't mean doing it forever, it lights a fire in those who are truly dark, because not everyone is going to attempt meditation and releasing brain chemicals through yoga to experience and OBE, I'm not saying thats necessary for spiritual enlightenment.... another side note would be not everytime you use a spiritual plant are you going to have a spiritual 'journey' where it is more than just different perceptions, but a more self-realizing, spiritual experience.

[Concerning Masonry and its teachings] (Nothing to do with drugs, please don't take 'pot' shots in explaining anything here)
Now I was wondering then, because of the symbology in masonry.. is it specifically used to increase a persons awareness in their purpose/reason? or cultivating their 'potential' reason...

A seperate unrelated question:
What is the total Reason behind masonry, aside from the 'brotherhood' because once you're in the brotherhood there has to be something more than recruiting 'more' brothers... ? am I right?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
get over it folks masonry really has no secrets, no alterior motives, and no special purpouse, other than to unite worthy men in brotherly love

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigred1000
get over it folks masonry really has no secrets, no alterior motives, and no special purpouse, other than to unite worthy men in brotherly love

or perhaps secrets it doesn't even know itself.. lol haha

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
For the sake of simplicity, one might say that the Trinity has a beginning, a middle and an end although it can be expressed in one word..
Lucifer seems to be pretty singular.
Anyone kind enough to feed my ignorance ?

Osbert+

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Osbert]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i,ve been reading all statements, some are very interesting to read, however i know many freemasons and am yet to meet an evil one, yet to meet a shelfish one, why are some people so bothered what freemasons are surposed to know, i know freemasons that are white, black, brown, chinese, whatever am sure you understand where am coming from, so surely that alone should tell you what type of organization-cult-gang or whatever youuuuuuuu want to call it (is). your curious because your not apart of, maybe your not but you must be well maybe, why? well i read all statements and you all have questions that you want to be answered. well am not the one to make your day sorry;
I have always believed in love all, dont always think about ones self, try not to be shelfish, do not disrespect others- respect others and so forth, we may all slip sometimes, but its important that when we slip we dont forget and we rectify these slip ups right away, this way you become a genuine real person and people will love you for it.

by the way very soon i will be initiated and i will be a freemason i cant wait. thank you for reading my post.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think masons are wonderful. Did you know that on a masonic website soon to be published in my book, it lists ways to hit people who are a problem to you. You get advice on how to get at your enemies. My bet is someone hacked the website and put it there because masons would never do this. I think it's jealousy and anyone hacking masonic sites to find out the real truth, irresponsible and it's crime, so don't do it.
Masons are nice people, so lay off.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Almost everything i have learned over a long travel of study i have later found on the internet i do not speak of it because i swore i would not and to us our word is what makes us worthy to know the knowledge. The things we are thought means nothing if we dont apply it yo our daily lives. Unfortunatly misinformed brothers sometime want to believe in the nonsense that we are all powerful and i do not consider them to be true masons

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Freemason Joe

I agree for the most part. But the last sentence I dont understand. can you elaborate? Unless a mod deletes this post too
for whatever reason.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Back on topic what don't the masons want us knowing?

Firstly before I pitch in I would like to note for the record, I am not smoking pot right now, I have no consealed crack pipe in my pocket and I have not been drinking before duty! You guys make me laugh

More to the point I notice that the Lodge over in England must be slightly different to the US, after the close of business here the brothers love a beer or ten.

Now what don't the masons want us knowing....

* Where we came from and our origins 'not of this earth'.

* Our purpose as to why we are here and that what we should be doing

* Where we are heading and the path humanity will be taking 'space race'

That in a nut shell is the basis of control I see used by most main stream belief systems. Why do I say control? Without any messure of control those most trusted secrets would have been published long ago in the Daily Sport 'UK'.

I don't think half of anybody will ever understand the complexity of our situation. So maybe a few secrets is not such a bad thing protection from the cold hard reality of a stranger than fiction existance.

I feel that the order could do far better in preperation for the future and that steps must be taken to ensure that vetted members can study to the highest degrees with assistance to achive the full enlightenment that they seek.

A masonic secret to the outside world is a secret to die for as so in the rule book, however I feel for the serving brothers who may have been disapointed by the fact study, hard work and loving thy brother has not satisfyied the desire for answers to the unknown.

Are we able to know everything regarding ourself? Thats a lot of info I am sure you will agree. I see masons working well together but is that the best they can do? Is room for improvement not an option?

I by no means want to belittle something I am rather fond of, however the wind of change are a blowing and the brotherhood requires yound blood so my friends of the Lodge what will you do to attract us?

Will you not break the rules but consider changing them and bring the majestic beauty of masonary in line with 2009 not 1717? I love history but I would hate to see the order becoming history because of its unwillingness to adopt change.

Masons my friends we can handle all the truth you offer and the secrets that you hold so dear today could be those that need be shared for the future of mankind tommorow.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by extramileman

My friend,

If only we had that secret. Then it would be a bit more exciting at the meetings. We could discuss the climate problems on Galgamek, and the speed limit in space. We could deal with things more exciting than the new lights needed for the parking lot. I do however have to give you credit for proposing the best "masonic secret" I have heard to date. Our ship is in the shop or I would stop by and take you for a spin.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Network Dude my friend

Fear not for my ship is at your disposal! My granfather being dropped in the Black Forest of Germany during WW2. He captured one of those early German flying disks, not the BMW turbo jet one the latest of the Hanabuen 3 class 'mother ships'. She has been well cared for and kept 'garaged' no rust at all despite the age. Only problem I have is the 50lb of Mecury needed to get her moving.

If you like we can go do a Solomon fly by of the Orion > Taurus > Pleiades

As for the book 'The lost key of Solomon' I don't think you will find any masonic secret of any kind in such a poor editon

So yes I agree Network Dude the majority of masons and non masons alike would get lost at Orion and trun right back. Of course masonary has no word on the universe no idea as to why they in Lodge still use the 12 signs of the astrological chart and not the 13th.

Mind I should think that when you left by ship from the holy land on Friday 13th and most poor souls were lost at see including any such holy relics you would banish the 13th from your order.

Thanks again my friend for putting me right I shall fly over this evening keep your eyes on the sky now. Hey sorry you don't do that no way masons don't like starwatching do they how silly of me...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by extramileman
I would like to note for the record, I am not smoking pot right now

My condolences.

More to the point I notice that the Lodge over in England must be slightly different to the US, after the close of business here the brothers love a beer or ten.

In the United States, alcohol became an illegal drug in the early 20th century during the so-called "Prohibition Era". At this point, Lodges banned alcohol. After alcohol was legalized, the Lodges never got around to lifting these bans, so we're still stuck in the 1920's.

Now what don't the masons want us knowing....

* Where we came from and our origins 'not of this earth'.

* Our purpose as to why we are here and that what we should be doing

* Where we are heading and the path humanity will be taking 'space race'

Why wouldn't we want you to know those things? Is it even possible to know such things? They are, after all, the great mysteries of life that everyone has an opinion on, but nobody knows for sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
In this post, I, a Master Mason and a Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret, will finally reveal everything that the Freemasons do not wish you to know.

You see the Fraternity has for centuries defended the right of free men to meet behind closed doors and conduct their private business in private. The Fraternity has asserted that it has the right to conduct its business -- which affects no one other than the members and those who may have, of their own free will, applied for membership -- in privacy. Kings, Princes, Prime Ministers, Popes, Priests, Ministers, Judges, and busybodies have at various times attempted to tear down the doors of the Masonic Lodges, sometimes allegorically but on more than one occasion, quite literally.

Hitler, Stalin, Pinochet, Ayatollah Khomeini and many others, including some of those on ATS, would assert that a desire to keep private matters private is equal to an admission of evil intent. But, if that's the case, then why do close the doors to your homes or your bedrooms? What is it that you are doing there that is so wrong you don't want others to know about it?

So... here it is... FINALLY, the answer to the question. What is it that Freemasons don't want anyone else to know? The private business of Freemasons.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by driley

Driley my friend,

Closing a door is not the key to keeping a secret you know!

A sublime prince of the royal secret no less, do you like the British royal family? I only ask because they to have a few secrets.

Those elected by blood bonds to rule over us here in her majesty's kingdom those old ancient dragons and lizards amoungst us. Goodness me poor old Mr Ike, David Ike not Albert Pike. Worse still have you noticed any similarities between the two?

Some secrets are worth keeping some those like yourself willing to die for but at what cost to those that you leave behind?

conducting private business in private is most understandable I however have nothing to hide and do not fear ridicule. Is there a place here on the celestial globe where you have an open air Lodge? somewhat like the old Roman senate.

I for one am most interested in being accepted by a Lodge when the time is upon me. I would like to think that being part of the brotherhood I could conduct as much Lodge business in the open exposed to the elements and nature alike, is this just wishful thinking or can I find such a place to drop in.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
They probably won't tell you how to make a lot of money.

At least that is what I suspect.

Did any members here make money via the teachings?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

THX you see the poor knights of the cross have been taxed to death.

Money being the route to all evil did I just say tax?

Maybe were better off poor THX at least were happy for we know not of what we are missing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join