It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what don't the masons want us to know

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Do masons know something non-masons know. And if not why are they so secret.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by 23]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23
Do masons know something non-masons know. And if not why are they so secret.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by 23]

They obviously aren't very secret if everyone knows they exist and are estoric, now, are they?

There are many masons on this board who would be happy to share several "secrets".

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
somebody told me, you shouldn't talk about masons is that true

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's a written rule in their constitution. It also says that it's good not to listen to conspiracies regarding the welfare of the nation.

Masons are supposed to identify eachother through handshakes or jewellery. maybe even a bumper sticker or too.

It's all kind of dumb though. Some people I've met are rather arrogant and inward. Might aswell go around saying they are the second coming. On top of that I've been hearing some bad things about the shriners regarding finanacial suspicion.

but who really knows in the end.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23

I talk about the Freemasons all the time, and I'm still around.

There's really not a problem with discussing Freemasonry, just remember, like anything else, if you are disrespectful, expect to be called out by the membership (same goes for any other group).

[edit on 12/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23

I talk about masons all the time. In fact, you'll find on this forum EVERYONE talks about masons. So far, no one has disappeared, been found wearing concrete shoes, or ended up as a human sacrifice.

So no, its not true.

However, before talking about masons, its a good idea to get some factual information about them so you will not be uninformed.

From the horse's mouth:

Freemason Website

Incidentally, sinister secret societies would probably not have websites broadcasting to the world their existance and beliefs.

Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23

No, its not true. In fact, there is practically nothing that you shouldn't talk about. I wouldn't put much stock in a person that tells you not to talk about something.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here is a link to a currently available book which discusses the forthcoming novel by Dan Brown, which many claim will be titled The Solomon Key:

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_2/002-8537921-7444017?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155

Evidently the phrase "the widow's son" is a reference to Hiram, the first Mason, who directed the construction of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem. Hiram was himself the son of a widow.

The speculation is that Dan Brown's next book will focus on the secrets of the Masons. The location has already been announced on Dan Brown's official web site: It will transpire in Washington D.C. Dan Brown's web site is:

www.danbrown.com...

[edit on 12-6-2006 by FutureLibrarian]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What the Masons don't want you to know.

Their modes of recognition. That's pretty much it. Everything else is freely available.

Bear in mind, there's no monolithic "ruling body" for Freemasons. Different lodges, jurisdictions, etc. No uberMason overseeing it all, so the European experience will likely be very different from the US or Canadian experience. And England very different from France or Italy.

So knock yourself out. Unless those doublesecret Masonic assassins in Scotland have resurfaced, you should be fine.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I figure the sectrets in the sauce. The BBQ sauce that is. Most Masons have some killer BBQ. I'm sure they wouldn't want that secret to get out.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I love the subject on Secrets lol.

I'm not a Mason, but know loads of Mason's, Templars, visit the Spiritual Home called Rosslyn and have friends who practise the 'old ways'

The Freemason kept a secret to themselves that came from Solomons own writings. Because the R.C.C was so powerful they had to keep it secret for fear of being tried by the R.C.C.

Now that the Age of Aquaurius, is upon us. These secrets are slowly being released into the public (See Aliester Crowley's own writings). But there is ONE secret of Freemasonary, that I'm asured will never be known....unless of course you join the Lodge.

I don't see Mason's as a bad thing. I've read thier rules/laws and the rule of three applies to them... 'what you do unto others, will return threefold back to you'.

Do you honestly know anyother organisation that freely admits ANYONE, no matter thier skin colour, religion (talking of religiouis views in the Lodge are banned), politics or social status? I don't.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pictnation
Do you honestly know anyother organisation that freely admits ANYONE, no matter thier skin colour, religion (talking of religiouis views in the Lodge are banned), politics or social status? I don't.

Well... avowed atheists will have trouble getting in, as will those with a criminal record.

And as to wimmin...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The Freemason kept a secret to themselves that came from Solomons own writings. Because the R.C.C was so powerful they had to keep it secret for fear of being tried by the R.C.C.

Some of our brethren probably wish that was true. It is doubtful that our history really goes back that far, and we have no such general secret. The only secrets we have are particular to our own order - ie. modes of recognition - rather than something like the 'Da Vinci Code' or 'Templar Legacy' secret. But, banal details don't sell novels.

Now that the Age of Aquaurius, is upon us. These secrets are slowly being released into the public (See Aliester Crowley's own writings).

Aliester Crowley was a pervert that credited many immoral behaviours to himself. The man had quite the imagination, and knew how to get people going. But he was not a Mason. Just a quack with ADD.

But there is ONE secret of Freemasonary, that I'm asured will never be known....unless of course you join the Lodge.

If there was such a secret, it would hae leaked out well before now.

I don't see Mason's as a bad thing. I've read thier rules/laws and the rule of three applies to them... 'what you do unto others, will return threefold back to you'.

Hmm, we have no such rule in our teachings, as far as I'm aware.

It's actually not even accurate, in my experience. Reality is much more a case of "Do unto others as best you can, as you would want to be treated. Regardless, you will be treated poorly, and your good works taken advantage of by human nature."

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

This is generally a Wiccan credo. You will find references to it in other belief structures, but they usually have a different purpose set for the "rule of three".
This might answer a few questions about it:
Wikipedia help

Do you honestly know anyother organisation that freely admits ANYONE, no matter thier skin colour, religion (talking of religiouis views in the Lodge are banned), politics or social status? I don't

ATS is an equal opportunity society

[edit on 21-6-2006 by EdenKaia]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes

Aliester Crowley was a pervert that credited many immoral behaviours to himself. The man had quite the imagination, and knew how to get people going. But he was not a Mason. Just a quack with ADD.

I personally don't consider Crowley a quack, nor did he seem to have ADD. He was definitely neurotic, but most geniuses in history have had a touch of madness.

I would also argue that Crowley was not any more immoral than the average Joe: he just despised the hypocrisy he found in the self-styled "moral majority".

Aleister Crowley was initiated, passed, and raised in Anglo-Saxon Lodge No. 343 (named so because it was an English-speaking Lodge) in Paris, France in 1904, receiving the degree of Master Mason on December 17 of that year. The Lodge was under jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of France at the time, and was consider irregular. However, several years after Crowley's death, the Lodge was rechartered by the National Grand Lodge of France, the legitimate body, and is now a regular one. Nevertheless, the Grand Lodge of France, although still irregular, is regular in its workings, and adhere to the Antient Landmarks.

Crowley became involved with John Yarker soon afterward, who recognized Crowley's spurious 33° that he received from a Cerneau Consistory in Mexico. This is rather odd because Crowley purchased his 33° patent from the Cerneau Rite in 1900, 4 years before he became a Mason, even an irregular one, which should have shown Yarker that it was bogus. Yarker nevertheless conferred upon Crowley the 90° of the Rite of Mitzraim and 96° of the Rite of Memphis, and appointed Crowley his successor as Grand Hierophant 97° of the Oriental Rite of Memphis for the United Kingdom upon his retirement. Crowley invoked this questionable authority when he was made Frater Superior of the O.T.O.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The Mason's are like any other organization or society.

Only the top few people really know what is going on, the rest are just kept in the dark and believe they know what is going on!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
To paraphrase, what don't the masons want us to know?

Not sure of freemason organizational intent, but individual freemason travellers probably do not try to hold the knowledge so to speak... but to get past the question to what we don't know about life. Well you must gain the knowledge, however it is not supreme. Having all knowledge and not knowing how to apply that 'tool' can be disastrous. It is how you apply it bottom line. Lowly or Proud.

Read a whole lotta' books. Ancient texts to modern. Eat and live healthy for numerous reasons. You can learn the same knowledge that they know (and nobody knows it ALL they just see IT in parts), but there is tremendous amount of falsehoods in the public knowledge bin as well as some in freemasons bin and so on and so on. We're only human and make mistakes spiritually and physically. Freemasonry provides guidance through organizational support for it's members. I would say if you don't join them, you would not get the mechanism of guidance to connect SOME dots. You see?

I would not join freemasonry for my own reasons. Do you really need a leader in all branches of your life and telling you how to live? Sure leadership is good as long as the 'whole' would keep it with checks and balances... this goes for all leadership, but the problem is the pupils keep going back to sleep over the ages like their inspiration just evaporating and become like infants again spiritually. Refusing to grow up. Consequently, offering a chance to be misled as it was not double-checked by the pupils frankly speaking. Let someone else do something for me/I don't care how it gets done/selfish attitude. Nowadays most people take for granted anything that comes by them, and don't even realize it. Like a movie when a stranger calls and says, "Have you checked... the teacher?" Kind of like the five monkeys in a cage story where there was a few stairs in the center leading up to a banana. One of the monkeys sees the banana and starts approaching to go up the stairs. Instantly the other four monkeys are splattered with water causing a reaction to attack the monkey grabbing the banana. Out with one monkey and in with a new one. Finally after all the original monkeys are brought out of the cage and all new monkeys occupy the experimental cage, the newest one goes for the fruit in the center. Like clockwork, the others partition him to stop in an animalistic way, only they didn't get sprayed by water anymore like the original ones. The new one asks, "Why did you attack me?" Another one shrugged, "I don't know, that's just the way it has always been." Listen to me now or hear me later (SNL) convenience can complicate. I suggest looking within.

[edit on 6-21-06 by pacman]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
The Mason's are like any other organization or society.

I would say that this is more or less a correct assesment.

Only the top few people really know what is going on, the rest are just kept in the dark and believe they know what is going on!

The only problem with that theory is that, in Masonry, there aren't any "top few". Members are elected to Masonic leadership positions, serve their terms, then return to the sidelines when they are replaced by new electees. As to "what is going on", every member in good standing has the right to be present at any and all Grand Lodge meetings. If a Mason doesn't know what's going on in Masonry, he has no one to blame but himself.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Nevertheless, the Grand Lodge of France, although still irregular, is regular in its workings, and adhere to the Antient Landmarks.

My counter argument against Crowley would consist of my opinion that going through the initiation and degree rights does not make one a Mason... rather, it is the morality behind the mask.

To me, someone that would even attempt to purchase a degree, and then stand behind it, is so far removed from our Order that they aren't worth considering.

But, just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacman
"Have you checked... the teacher?"

The thing is, in Freemasonry, you don't really have a teacher. You just have a lot of fellow students.

Occasionally, a fellow student will give their own report or presentation for the class... but it's only their interpretation. There is no canon textbook, no teacher dictating the lessons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join