It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden City Underneath Adelaide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

That would be the king william st underpass/rail tunnel that was uncovered in 1973, whilst they were building the festival center for the jubbile. It ran from the train station to the then showgrounds on Frome rd. It was closed and filled in in 1927 when the showgrounds were relocated to Wayville. When they found it again they had all intentions of reusing it again but the costs of repairs was more than the government was willing to pay at the time and was filled in again.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm sure if you have a word with the Adelaide branch of the Cave Clan you'd be on the right track to finding out most of that information about the tunnels under the city of churches

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BalderAsir

The Cave Clan may not know about all all of them because some of them maybe inaccessable or on private property.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
No, I've never heard of any city below adelaide. Its probably just old ww2 bunkers or a old mine lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DebunkerXXXx
Interesting , that all of the Anti American post have been kept here posted ,

While my Post have been deleted .. And my post simple Stated --

do you have a prob with Americans ?? ----

oh and I did say in another post the guy was jerk for telling the guy to get a map
and referring to him as U have to be an American .. Like thats bad ?? .

Interesting indeed . I guess I'll have to get the word out , about how this site condones Anti Americanism .

Im Sure people like
Alex Jones
Art Bell
George Norry

and SOOOO many others will love to hear about this .

HAHAHAH get over yourself. Americans aren't that popular ya knooooo

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
Alrighty, we'll stop it now.

I thought there was only one city called Adelaide, not too sure if there is or not but yes. It's in South Australia (state), Australia (Country).

Anyone got any info? It's supposed to not be a bunker but an actual city, complete with roads, tunnels etc.

Nothing like that here mate. As i said earlier there are some tunnels connected to an old monastery and a few ww2 bunkers and also some large sewer tunnels. You may also have heard about a group of people who got caught sneaking into the big Day Out underneath the wayville showgrounds. They got some news cameras down there and believe me it aint a city. It was a cramped service tunnel.

Cheers
M4S

(coming to you live from adelaide somewhere in the world lol.)

I was at a Big Day out in Adelaide when this happened once. We were walking along the undercover area between the two pavilions when these smelly teens poked their heads out of a sewer, quickly looked around and then darted off into the crowd. Everyone was pointing at them and trying to get away from them because they really did smell quite atrocious!

It was funny to see though. Kind of like a startled rabbit poking its head out of its hole before rushing out to grab a carrot!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

LOL............there was a drain that went into the wayville showgrounds but the powers that be cottoned on to what was going on and sealed the drain. It was a good scam though.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Your reply to a simple question was shameful....you Embarrass me as a fellow human??
edit on 16-8-2011 by wutz4tom because: grammer

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TigaHawk

Only what I have been told

Brisbane has masses of tunnels
Under spring hill /city thru valley to wool sheds (old ones) other areas as well but unsure of them.

Use to be an entrance some where near the catherdral square back when it was a vacant block...
Squaters use to use the underground systems...

There was an ww2? bunker near central station dug up only a few years back now

Still there I believe but as to locations....no idea..when I 1st was told of them many years or so back it facinated me but never went looking..

maybe there might be some mention at state libarary????

no idea of the age either...heard convict era (spring hill) thru to other stories of ww1/2? era as well

No expert but thats about all my intel LOL not that much

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

I am unfamiliar with Brisbane as i have only been there twice but it is a very beautiful city

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenasangel
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

LOL............there was a drain that went into the wayville showgrounds but the powers that be cottoned on to what was going on and sealed the drain. It was a good scam though.

It hasn't been sealed off. Why? because it's a sewer/drain tunnel that is IN USE.

They may have removed the manhole on the outside so you can't physically get in to the sewer, but the sewer/drain it self is still functioning as intended.

But trust me, you wont be able to get in even if there is a manhole cover on the outside still, because security has known about it for a few years now and actively monitors it. Prior to the event starting they have guards patrolling, some with German Sheppards. During the event they have guards posted there.
Besides that there is monitored CCTV coverage of certain areas.

Believe me though there are ways to get into the showgrounds. All you need is a good pair of bolt cutters. I don't know why anyone would want to get in there though, there's nothing there on a normal day/night, and the place has guards on site all the time. And what they will do when they catch you is call the police and hold you until the police get there, search you, take your details, and arrest you for breaking and entering.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
uhh, hello.... this sounds very interesting, you know i heard a bit about this "forgotton city"... i think you should get more photos because i'd like to see the real thing

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
There's no hidden or underground city underneath Adelaide so getting photos would be a bit hard.

There are some tunnels that were used for various things decades ago. They are no longer in use, and some of the tunnels used to have tours of them.
I can tell you of one place in the suburbs that leads into a sewer drainage system if you like breaking through some iron bars and coming out stinking like poo. Technically it's like a tunnel system.

At the end of the day none of this stuff is secret. The tunnels weren't secret when they were in use, and they aren't secret now that they are no longer used.

This hidden city stuff is just as fanciful as the hidden bases or missile silos or whatever nonsense it was that some guy claimed about some farm sites near Gawler(just north of Adelaide).

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
that would explain why there is nothing to do in adelaide
i live in australia but i havent heard this one before.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

It was Woodside not Gawler

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenasangel
reply to post by BLV12

It was Woodside not Gawler

I have heard of the tunnels, but not this, do you have any links or more information please?

Thank you

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
G'day,

Melbourne, (Victoria, Australia), also has quite a complex of colonial tunnels as does most major cities in Australia, I had the pleasure of exploring one that exists under Prince's bridge (access point is a thick steel door set in the bluestone on the station side) that connects with Flinders St. station. There are two other passages that have been well blocked off, this sparked my curiosity, I spoke with an old retired railwayman who explained that it ran under the Yarra (river) to Victoria army barracks on Royal Pde. as well as St. Pauls church on the corner of Flinder's and Swanston Sts. Spencer St. railway station has an underground interconnection with the old G.P.O. (Post office) and treasury building, I have been told of others but am unable to confirm them as I have not seen them for myself.

So far as "Underground cities" to the best of my knowledge the only ones in Australia are located in Canberra and in Pine Gap, but that is another matter, one which I do not wish to comment on.

Regards,

Jarrah.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The rumor I have heard on the tunnels is that there was a few tunnels, one of which allowed Colonel Light to ride his horse from north Adelaide through to the city. There is supposedly a tunnel that runs from the city to Port Adelaide that facilitated the smuggling of goods from and to the harbor port.

Of the city entrances, apparently some of these tunnels link to the court house, university.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mashy69
A good friend of mine also went to Modbury high School, which is approx 17 or so KM's outside of Adelaide, and it is well known that there is tunnels leading from the high school to the local shopping centre, TTP for those who know Radelaide. He has been in these tunnels and apparently they lead all the way to the CBD. He has never been all the way, as it is completely dark, but many schoolmates have apparently ventured the whole way. Apparently it leads to North terrace???

Those tunnels i can't be sure of, but the ones that go from the high school to TTP are fact, and have been explored by the friend of mine, so if they exist than surely the Adelaide city ones can.

i will try and find out how to get in them as you have to go through the ceiling of the toilets and down through the wall to get to the entrance, so being a 30 yr old entering a schools toilet i can assure you this will be no easy feat without being branded a pedo or even being arrested, Lol. But i will definately try and find out about these tunnels and keep you posted. A couple of friends and myself are heading out tomorrow night to try and find these tunnels, so i will keep you posted.

any luck with those tunnels?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent234
i think you should get more photos because i'd like to see the real thing

These are some of the bigger tunnels under Adelaide:

urbantwilight.net... are 'urban explorers'. There's photos of all the tunnels under Adelaide on there.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Adders because: fix photo links

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join