It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden City Underneath Adelaide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i hear of people having a theory that advanced civilizations were once here in earth before us

i think i read that in project camelot once but it is possible

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I have only recently learnt of these tunnels yesterday, I like most were quite surprised and intrigued by something I have never heard of before. As I live in Adelaide, I am keen to find and explore these tunnels. Like the Ablett saga in the AFL, Lots of rumours end up being truth.

quite a few young workmates are aware of these tunnels and have friends that have been inside them, which I have seen pictures of. My work colleague would not send them to me for obvious reasons, but all they said was you have to email the cave clans and they will organise a tour through them??

A good friend of mine also went to Modbury high School, which is approx 17 or so KM's outside of Adelaide, and it is well known that there is tunnels leading from the high school to the local shopping centre, TTP for those who know Radelaide. He has been in these tunnels and apparently they lead all the way to the CBD. He has never been all the way, as it is completely dark, but many schoolmates have apparently ventured the whole way. Apparently it leads to North terrace???

Those tunnels i can't be sure of, but the ones that go from the high school to TTP are fact, and have been explored by the friend of mine, so if they exist than surely the Adelaide city ones can.

i will try and find out how to get in them as you have to go through the ceiling of the toilets and down through the wall to get to the entrance, so being a 30 yr old entering a schools toilet i can assure you this will be no easy feat without being branded a pedo or even being arrested, Lol. But i will definately try and find out about these tunnels and keep you posted. A couple of friends and myself are heading out tomorrow night to try and find these tunnels, so i will keep you posted.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
hmmm...and yanno how they said the Beaumont children were underneath concrete and started digging up flooring...well they were right but ya dont need to dig here bubba...just got to have the key!!

The Beaumont children were taken in an underground tunnel from Adelaide Oval to St Peter's Cathedral.

No, I won't talk about how I know this.

edit on 1/7/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hey guys something you may not have knows about

Going up gorge road into the hills about 5-10 minutes up if you look on the right side of the road just before the turn right into corkscrew road you will see a small hole that looks like a foxes hole.

If you proceed into this hole its widens up to almost standing height and the tunnel expands to about 1 and a half to 2 metres wide. It proceeds forward about 50 metres with a few rooms obviously being built off of this 'corridor'
right at the end there is a drop off which used to be of untold depth but is apparently being filled in with the dirt from the new rooms.

Very few people know of this tunnel system and believe it may have connection with the mad monks who were rumoured to be based in the adelaide hills, its deffinately creepy being in there and theres almost the feel of a 'presence'
i think it may have been an old escape route from tunneling used by a cult as it is quite obviously man made

check it out bring mates and a torch because its not something you would want to check out by yourself D:!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JacksonJeremiah

Sounds interesting, will have a look for sure. Looking at google earth street view, (Gorge Road right hand side before Corkscrew Road) there is a creek immediately before Corkscrew Road, some thick scrubby vegetation and a stobie pole the other side of that creek. Just back from the stobie pole is a old rusty gate and further back from that a roadside barrier wall. As a backdrop to all of that, the land slopes upwards away from the creek and Gorge/Corkscrew road. Just wondering if you can be specific of the location of the entrance in relation to those landmarks.

Cheers!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by harold223

Hey man

yea go ahead check it out, umm dont know how to get anymore specific literally start at the bottom of gorge road drive up along it until you start to go into the hills and stop when you see the turnoff to the right (corkscrew road) and literally it is just about 10 meters before that turnoff so use the turnoff to do a u-turn and you will see a sign heading back the way you came its a road sign (35 k or whatever) find a place you can park straight after that and walk up and you will see it on the left and yea you cant miss the entrance its not really hidden at all people just dont notice it i guess cos it looks small but its not as small as you would think ,though its obvious a few know about it at least. have a look on the google street map thing just pass the 35 sign on the way back and then go slow and you will see a little hole on the left at the base of the cliff

Good luck man

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I'm Adelaide born and bred and i was married to this arsehole who's grand father was a reporter for that gutter trash publication the Advertiser.

As he was the court reporter he told me that there was a tunnel going directly from the supreme court building victoria square to the Advertiser building. He used this quite often because it was actually quicker to go to the court building via the tunnel. Also he used the tunnel if he had a deadline for publication he had to stick too. He told me there was also one from the cop shop in Angus street to the supreme court buildings. This was/is mainly used for getting to emergency hearings or lodging court papers.

I find it interesting that you say that theres a tunnel on gorge rd.........Alan Barnes one of the victims of the "Family" was found at Kangaroo creek Dam which is in the vicinity of that very same rd. I too would love to know the history of that tunnel and where it leads.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Would you like to post a pic / screen capture please.. looked on GE street view and cannot see 1. the sign youare talking about 2. the hole ....
the only hole in the ground that i see is the colliery just over the hill.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

www.freefilehosting.net...
View of cave entrance and how small it is.

Same but of other side.

After you have gone up gorge road to corkscrew and then turned around to come back down, you will see the fire sign on the right and almost hidden because of the tree the '35' sign on the left.

And this a better view of the second sign

once you have passed them park asap and start walking down looking at the base of the rock on the left, you will see it.

Sorry for the late reply ive been busy

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik

Originally posted by Cynic

Originally posted by Kacen
Where is "Adelaide"? What country is it in? Your being kinda vague as to the location of this place.

You gotta be American. Buy an atlas OK?

And you gotta be about rude!

When one brings info to an international forum, it can not be expected that all the readers of the world know every damn locale of every country.

Buy a book on courtesy OK?

NN

In an online forum one would think that perhaps the users had 'the smarts' to be able to use a search engine of their choice and look it up rather than post complaining about the lack of information. after all, they got this far!

To the OP: Interesting story. i know nothing about this but hope it's not a sister city phenomenon as we in Christchurch (look it up) are one of your sister cities. However, we don't have the same overt 'family' shenanigans over here!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have played quite a few gigs with my band at a venue in the Adelaide CBD called Casablabla, near the corner of Leigh and Hindley Streets. According to the manager of the venue, there is a gigantic underground space accessible from its cellar that runs all the way down Leigh st, underneath Hindley street towards Bank St that is roughly 100 metres by 50 metres in size.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NeuronDivide

man if i was him id start like a secret club and everyone gets #ed up and parties all night aha or like rent it to bands and #t

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Wow, How do you know this tell, me more....Ha ha joking!!.

The Beaumonts were taken from GLENELG, you Genius!!

You're confused with the Kirsty Gordon/Joanne Radcliffe abduction from Adelaide Oval in 1975.

BTW The Adelaide name turns up often in Commonwealth countrys (Canada etc) because Queen Adelaide Amelia Louise Theresa Caroline of Hanover, was the German born wife of King William IV, who, when the new Colony of South Australia was proclaimed by British Parliament in 1835, asked that the new Fair city be named after his new wife...hence Queen Adelaide.

Hope this helps.

Also there is no secret underground city in Adelaide, as the city and suburbs are built on a Flood plain with a high water table.

edit on 8-8-2011 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

cheers man thats interesting, though i dont believe there is a network or underground city but thats not to say there are unexplored tuneel systems, made by god knows who, especially in the adelaide hills region

also saying to anyone reading this does anyone else know of any secret tunnels or caves good for exploring?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
thanks mate --- just a little further than 10mt past the intersection, unless you boys down south run on a different metric system

Looks to be a wombat burrow... next im in RADelaide i'll take my cameras

cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

hey yea sorry man it was a bad estimate aha

Yea standing near or driving past it looks like a wombat burrow but if you stoop down next to it you will see it starts to widen out as it goes down quite quickly

its also obvious its not a burrow or abandoned because there are no spiderwebs or such

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
The Beaumonts were taken from GLENELG, you Genius!!

You're confused with the Kirsty Gordon/Joanne Radcliffe abduction from Adelaide Oval in 1975.

You're right. It's the two girls I meant.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NeuronDivide

I believe that could be apart of a department store in Hindley st that closed in the mid 80's called Miller Anderson...There also another remmenants of a store in Hindley st called Pederstons which i believe closed in the 60's.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Where is "Adelaide"? What country is it in? Your being kinda vague as to the location of this place.

HAHAHA LEGENDARY.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I had heard of this as a kid and have a vague recollection of it being uncovered when there was work in Elder park. Not sure there is all that much to it, I mean it exists but other than that I don't know. There are loads of tunnels around Adelaide but it's mainly stormwater drains, you used to be able to take the tunnels right into the showgrounds and get into the Big Day Out until they got wise.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join