It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden City Underneath Adelaide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Supposedly there is an underground complex that was built by the Sir Colonel Light the architect of Adelaide that is now found underneath the city itself. Built around 1836. All entrances to this underground are blocked off, supposed entrances include:
One of the four squares in the city. Eg. Victoria Square, Light Square etc.
Underneath the existing festival theatre.
And
Underneath one of the major banks.

There are limited photos available at www.addelayed.com as it is nearly impossible to access this now forgotten city.

Other info: In 2000 they dug up an entrance accidently when doing bridge work on the bridge over the Torrens River near Eldar Park. Covered immediately and nothing was said of this entrance.

Any information or footage would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows why they built it and suddenly covered it up?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This site home.st.net.au... has ww2 under ground bunkers .don't think there was many built before ww2.it is very hard to find out about Australia's war history at home before ww2 on the net .you will have to do it the old fashion way

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Where is "Adelaide"? What country is it in? Your being kinda vague as to the location of this place.

+41 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Where is "Adelaide"? What country is it in? Your being kinda vague as to the location of this place.

You gotta be American. Buy an atlas OK?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

thats my home town!!!

yes, rumour has it I am awesome.... ooops sorry...na rumour has it that the 'family' have keys and hold all their parties there and kill kids...

great stuff hey!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
No the poster wasnt being vague about the location. They probably just assumed the responders would have some sort of knowledge about the world. if im not mistaken and without googling it, adelaide is in australia.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic

And you gotta be about rude!

When one brings info to an international forum, it can not be expected that all the readers of the world know every damn locale of every country.

Buy a book on courtesy OK?

NN

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
No the poster wasnt being vague about the location. They probably just assumed the responders would have some sort of knowledge about the world. if im not mistaken and without googling it, adelaide is in australia.

Hot dikity dawg... you r right!!!!

Its in South Australia..

Internationally, Adelaide is known for the 'family'...I mean on some travel internet sites they advise not to walk in the parklands at night!!

hmmm...and yanno how they said the Beaumont children were underneath concrete and started digging up flooring...well they were right but ya dont need to dig here bubba...just got to have the key!!

now if ya dont see me again on here...ya know the 'family' have got me.. lmao
(* um...many a true word said in jest!... looking over my shoulder )

hey what about the murderers that are killing the homos? I think 4 of the 7 that provided statements to the police have been killed...now this is fer real!!!!

Now thats what happens when the 'family' have the 'key' to the city!!!

edited to remove censor circumvention

[edit on 13-6-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yes im also in adelaide, there are tunnels that i know of but i think they are related somehow to the monastery that was built at the top of greenhill road. some friends of mine claimed to have been through some of them many years ago. I have also heard that there was an entrance somewhere near the anzac memorial in the city, though i believe this to be leftover from the war, a bunker perhaps.
From personal experience there are also tunnels in canberra in the A.C.T, some running under lake burley griffin and linking up with various govt buidings.

Cheers
M4S

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You gotta be European. Buy some class OK?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Adelaide is proof that Tasmanian's can swim

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
[edit on 11-6-2006 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Okay lets calm down, its my falt. I should have looked it up. Lets not start a fight over me. ._.;

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

There was no need to be rude, you could have just nicely told him it was located in Australia. I had to look it up on wikipedia to know where it was (sorry I'm American and I don't know every city across the globe). Adelaide Maybe instead of being hostile you could have just educated him a little about the town.

Ok, back on topic, that is pretty interesting. Addelayed.com isn't working for me. Do you have any other sources?

[edit on 6/11/06 by cpr12r]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Alrighty, we'll stop it now.

I thought there was only one city called Adelaide, not too sure if there is or not but yes. It's in South Australia (state), Australia (Country).

Anyone got any info? It's supposed to not be a bunker but an actual city, complete with roads, tunnels etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've never heard of this? Mind you I live in Melbourne and I know that there's some ww2 bunkers and the like around the place here.

An entire City? Awsome if it's true....I'll see what I can find out.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by madhatter]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah, my friend lived in Adelaide, now lives in Melbourne where I am, also rumours about an underground subway network in Sydney...and if people don't know where that is...I give up

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
Alrighty, we'll stop it now.

I thought there was only one city called Adelaide, not too sure if there is or not but yes. It's in South Australia (state), Australia (Country).

Anyone got any info? It's supposed to not be a bunker but an actual city, complete with roads, tunnels etc.

Nothing like that here mate. As i said earlier there are some tunnels connected to an old monastery and a few ww2 bunkers and also some large sewer tunnels. You may also have heard about a group of people who got caught sneaking into the big Day Out underneath the wayville showgrounds. They got some news cameras down there and believe me it aint a city. It was a cramped service tunnel.

Cheers
M4S

(coming to you live from adelaide somewhere in the world lol.)

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The above link www.addelayed.com should explain better. I'm pretty sure thats the link. Urban photography, I will find more information if I can later.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Nothing like the hint of secret underground facilities to stir the emotions of conspiracists, is there?

Glad to see this thread back on track after the original 'snippyness'.

BTW...there's Adelaide's all over the place...in fact, it's a common street name in Canada.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join