It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got pellet guns!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Come on, don't laugh. I have 2 pellet guns, both of .177 caliber. I selected this caliber because the pellet flies much faster then the .22.

This is my pistol: It is a PT-90. It is a semi automatic pistol, with a muzzle velocity of 410fps(feet per second) It uses a co2 cartridge to power itself and each co2 gives it 80 shots, before you need to change the co2, It uses drums that each hold 8 pellets (yes, the pistol DOES use drums) It has a rifled steel barrel and a metal slide.

As you can see, the PT-90 is based on the HK USP .45, a real pistol, and which actually happens to be on my wishlist ( I want to get one in a year.) I have an underbarrel laser for it:

The pistol and the rifle both have a caliber of .177 (4.5mm) which is good so I can share the pellets betwean the guns.

This is my rifle: A Hunter 220

It is quit a beauty. I got it on the April of last year (2005) and the pistol I got 1 month later. It also has a rifled steel barrel. The stock is made of wood with a monte carlo finish. It has a beautiful 4x32 scope. It uses compressed air which is made by breaking the barrel(pushing it down, sort of like when loading side by side shotguns) When you break the barrel is when you can put a pellet inside. Then you close it and shoot. It shoots at an incredible 1000ft per second, one of the strongest air rifles I have ever seen. It has a bit of recoil and is quit loud, definetley louder then you would expect from a rifle.

I buy for them the Gamo pellet set:

which has 4 sets of pellets. Each one has a different shape so different characteristics to give a prefered result. For example, the dull nosed pellets have more PUSHING power, while the sharp nosed hunting pellets have far greater PENETRATION. They are all made of lead.

Well, that's my arsenal ( I also have a long machete). I would like to know if anyone here owns any similar weapons. I also would like to know a bit more about pellet guns because they are quit interesting. I will have to make do with this 2 because I have other things to buy besides guns and I kinda don't feel cool owning a real gun since I'm 17.

A question that has troubled me is this:

If a REAL pistol shoots bullets at 800fps, and an AIR rifle shoots a pellet at 1000fps, does that mean if they both hit the same target, the pellet will hit harder/penetrate deeper? Maybe the question is obvious to you, but its not obvious to me. Does it mean the air rifle is stronger then a real pistol? If you know the answer please tell me. Thanks. Peace out, comrades!

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Russian soldier]

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Russian soldier]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Oh yeah, a quick note, the round pellets that are shown on the box of pellets are not used by my rifle or pistol, as they roll out. I purchase the NEWER sets which have extra sharp pellets in place of the BB looking ones.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oh, and one more thing I forgot to add: the rifle costed $200.00, the pistol costed $120.00 and the laser costed $40.00. The set of 4 packs of pellets costed $7.99

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I own quite a few myself, my fav would be my Benjamin Sheridan RM-777 .177, about 1200fps. It won't group for crap unless I use Beeman Magnum pellets or JSP Predators. The predators are great on starlings, very very vicious. Springers are neat just for the simple fact of dieseling, you know you have a cool pellet gun when smoke comes out of the muzzle after you fire it.

Let me know how that Gamo works for you in the longrun, none of my CO2 Crosman pistols lasted longer than 2-4 months without me having to change out all the seals ect.

Here's a pic of the predators, I just think their cool as heck.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
you cant have real guns in russia?

just curious, I know europe has crazy gun laws.... (they are practically banned to civilians)

I guess as an American I dont realise how blessed I truly am as far as my rights go....

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
You can own guns in Russia.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Those Predator pellets are AMAZING!!!!!! Where can I get them(website)? Are they available in .177 caliber?

Both of my gamo weapons have worked with me well as long as I had them, though the pistol isn't my first. After I bought the first one, the drum didn't work. But the one I have now works finely. The Hunter 220 air rifle groups well, and is quit accurate. I love the power of them. Soon I hope to get my hands on some real guns

PS: Just because guns are illegal in a country doesn't mean you can't get them. But that's not a problem cuz they're legal in Russia. I'm sure I'll be handling some serious guns in the military

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I'm hoping to get a Hunter 1250 sometime soon which has a muzzle velocity of 1250 feet per second. I love power.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I've had a Baikal for years and it's great when "downsizing" the population of annoying birds around our summer cottage

www.baikalinc.ru...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Looks nice. Sad that its power is only 600 fps

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What do you propose, Ivanterrible, that I go buy that thing?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Those are neat pellet guns, in some ways you can use pellet guns alot better than firearms in the sense that you can use them virtually everywhere (granted you have a good backstop).

I have a Gamo Shadowmatic, it's a break-barrel just like your with a synthetic stock and fires about 850 FPS, it also features an automatic loading system so everytime you cock it you load it as well (only match pellets).

I also have a Daisy 693 which is modeled after a S&W Classic pistol, it fires at 450FPS and has a P90 style horizontal magazine and fires around 80 rounds before it starts going dead, the trigger is heavy and has a nasty grip safty...
but otherwise VERY accurate for a BB gun.

I also have two airsoft BB-guns, one is a HFC P-8 Super, essentially a USP Match 9mm and a Chinese AK-997 which is a Beretta 92FS Brigadier or something.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yuk! I hate BB guns.

Too bad there are so few pellet pistols, but I am a proud owner of one(well, not exactly, I'd rather have a real pistol)

So, do you think that a 1000fps air rifle is stronger then a real pistol that shoots bullets at 800fps? The good thing about air guns is their quiter, the ammo is cheaper(but not neccessarily the weapon), and last but not least, you won't get in as much trouble with them.

Wanna know a secret? The day I got my rifle, my friends convinced me to go outside to try it out on a tree or something. I lived in a small city at the time (though where I lived there was mostly houses and a bart station) We (we were kinda stupid to do this) walked along, shot at some trees, shot at some bushes, and kept walking. Aparently someone called the cops. We see a cop drive forward, so we drop the rifle. He takes us to the station then releases us. He really pist me off, though, and told me if I had the rifle in my hand he wouldn've shot me. He kept calling it a firearm, and when I told him it wasn't, he told me everything that shot projectiles was a firearm
. He let us go in 1 hour. He told me I won't get the rifle back and I was so pist cuz I spent $200 and it was my dream rifle ( I had some weaker rifles before that) 4 days later, the cops bring the rifle to my parents. So I still have it

The incident couldn've been avoided if I at least carried it in a gun case. I bought one shortly after the incident. He told me I had to be 18 to have it, but the instruction booklet that came with it said you can use it at 16. And I simply didn't realize that people would get scared as they would think it was a real firearm, and even if they knew it wasn't, they wouldn't trust a kid with it. But I learned from mistakes. I know better now

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Ohh, I love those predator pellets.

I've always wanted a gun, but one of those pellet rifles sounds crazy. 1000fps is great.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I like a well made pellet rifle. I dont have much use for the pellet or BB pistols but a rifle is very useful.

I am planning to get one again..in the pump type. I owned one years ago in what is called 5mm or 20 caliber. It was a Sheridan Blue streak..though I understand that they are manufacturing them today in Stainless Steel. This was a very powerful pellet rifle at this caliber. It was not a toy.

THese classes of pellet rifles especially like the ones Russian Soldier speaks about are not toys. You can hurt yourself or someone else seriously if you are careless with one of these tools.

The handy thing about a pump up pellet rifle or BB Gun is that they are quiet unlike a .22 caliber long rifle.

Mind you now ..there are .22 caliber CB and BB caps which are very quiet and silencer techniques are known to many. A good pellet rifle ,however, is a good compliment to a existing tool inventory especially in the hands of someone well familiar with this class of tool.

The velocity per se in this type of tool is not that important...What is important is the ability to deliver the projectile to the target...the mass of the projectle for a given velocity. THe 20 caliber can deliver more mass or energy on target than the .177 at a given velocity. And of course the .22 caliber pellets can deliver even more energy due to its mass. To be the equivalent the .177 has to have the higher velocity. Alot of this ability to deliver energy is the utility or capability of the projectile...not the velocity per se. Know your tool and its capabilities at any caliber.

Good post Russian Soldier..Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
this is one of the bad boys i would love to put my hands on

www.tokyohobby.net...

but checl out that price
u can get a car for that much..

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
Those Predator pellets are AMAZING!!!!!! Where can I get them(website)? Are they available in .177 caliber?

I order them off the net cause the only store here that has them charge 20 U.S. for 200. That's insane, I can get target grade .22LR cheaper.

Do you plan on doing any mods to your Gamo? All of my CO2 guns I've modded, it's become an addiction to me, hell, you should see what I've done to real firearms. As far as pellet guns go the most I've done is lightening the trigger, and enlargeing the gas port for a higher fps. The one I had that was the most fun, although it was short lived, was a .22 Crosman CO2 pistol, fed with paint ball nitro tanks 22in rifle barrel as well. Went from 400fps stock, to 600fps after drilling the port larger, to 1200fps with the nitro. A little loud for neighborhood use though.

orangetom1999
Your right about pellet guns being deadly. Math proves that, but believe it or not airguns have been used in combat. You're right about the CB's. CCI .22LR CB's are damn quiet out of my 10/22 with a 24in barrel, my other 10/22 with the 18in barrel sounds like a framing nailer. With a "Legal" silencer, tax stamp ect, it's even quieter, so much so you can shoot .22LR Remington Subsonics and still be quieter than any CO2 gun out there. Matter of fact, you can hear the hammer falling, and the bolt moving more than you can hear the report of the gun. Very very fun.

Edited to add:
You should see the looks on peoples faces, when someone like myself "Arab" starts wipping out silenced rifles and pistols. Then again, I live in the midwest so what do you expect.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by WithoutEqual]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I used to have a pump air rifle, and I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!! You had to pump 10 times, and the max you got from all those pumps was 600fps!!!!!!!!GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! I prefer the break barrel rifles.

I'd like to modify my air rifle and pistol, but I am no mechanic. I can dream about it, though
..............................I did buy an underbarrel laser for my pistol. For my rifle, I want to get several scopes, cuz I may end up shooting at night or something(I hope to get a nice hunters license, but by the time I get it, I'll probably have a firearm) so I want to get some nice scopes with a glowing reticle. You push a button, and the cross turns red so you can aim well at night. I also want to get a flashlight and laser for my rifle to transform it into a rifle similar to one Gamo has made called the "vermin hunter"
And I want to buy a VERY strong scope, too.

I'm looking around right now for some quality air rifles that exceed 1000fps. But I got other things to buy, so until I get a job, I'm gonna have to stick with what I have. The real fun, of course, will be when I go the Russian army in one year. It will be a harsh experience, but at least I'll get to hold an AK

I gotta get my hands on those predator pellets.

Oh, and thanks for the advice about .22s strength versus .177

I'm still wondering, though if a 1000fps air rifle is stronger then an 800fps real pistol.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Sorry to disappoint you, NO
The energy depends on Muzzle velocity X Bullet weight, and all handun cartridges including .22Short have heavier bullets than pellets, so they will have more energy even if they are 400fps slower. (.22short is 950-1000fps range round)

and my 9mm para going 950Fps will have about 570J of energy, while your airgun has 20J

But they are good tools and good practise (and lethal in right hands)
(penetration depends more on bullet shape and material than velocity)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join