It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got pellet guns!!!!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I wish I had one
my little bro friend got some and took one and he shot some random guy on the street so we can't get one :shk:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I own an Air Arms TX200 HC, fantastic rifle. Sadly the UK is having problems with thugs and rifles and i am willing to bet we will have to license them soon.

As for hunting, well i prefer air rifles for hunting rabbits, rats, magpies, crows and other pests. A shotgun is best for pigeons though as you can catch them on the wing. I don't have a shotgun license though so i have only used one at a range and once at a farm as we knew the guy. The licensing laws here in the UK are extremely restrictive. According to the government i don't have any real reason to own one and yet i have the right to hunt on land of someone i know who has a major pigeon problem. I have to stick with the air rifle which is slow going for pigeon hunting.

IR - think you've been misinformed re: UK requirements to hold a shotgun licence. You do NOT have to prove a 'need' (that's for rifles). Providing you are of good character, have a gun cabinet and can provide references you can have a shotgun certificate. Check your local police website for the true picture.
BTW Air Arms make (IMO) the best air rifles on the market, Daystate Mk3 does well in comps but it's too heavy / complicated for my tastes. No licensing of airguns on the immediate horizon in the UK (if there was I would know
)

RS ditch the Gamo (they're cheap rubbish) get yourself an Air Arms (Pro Sport ideally) and you will see the difference. Don't know about Russia but in UK an airgun is classed as a firearm if used in any crime so you were lucky not to be prosecuted / shot. You're right about .177 - much flatter trajectory makes it much more useful than .22 at anything less than 20+ft/lbs. Avoid any ballistic tip etc etc pellets for anything beyond 10 yards - decent diablos (JSB from Czech make most of the 'branded' pellets sold in Europe) are more reliable, if you want impact use the hollow points(good to 25 yards - rubbish after that).

www.airgunbbs.com is a good place to find out more about the most active airgun community in the world - the UK

A general point re hunting with airguns (or any gun for that matter)
Airguns are great (even with a stupid 12 ft/lb limit in the UK) BUT the most important thing is one shot / one kill. If you can't consistently hit a brain-sized kill zone at your chosen range you shouldn't be shooting at animals until you can.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

However, for shooing varmints off your property, pellet rifles are fine. Birds especially, because their bones are so brittle. I can't be held responsible if people decide to take on a feral badger or buck with a .22 pellet gun though.
You've been warned, the musculature is too dense to penetrate with something as piddly as an air rifle.

To get the dirty Varmints off of my property I like to use

For Longer Range

With the Hollow Points for more hardcore Varmit

And for shorter Range.

www.telegraph.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">With Hollowpoints of course..

Pure perfection in a handgun

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
That M-16 (or whatever it is, AR, CAR, whatever) is overkill! That's like shooting at an elephant with an RPG-7v rocket propelled grenade launcher!

But you know, we all have fantasies about overkill. I once dreamed of shooting a dear with the flamethrower, which, in my dream, both killed AND cooked the dear
. I once wished I could go hunting with an AK-74
. Overkill. But that was just some daydreaming When I start hunting, I will respect the animals, and only kill to eat.

Hey, what's so bad about Gamo? Gamo is cool.
I do want to one of this days get the best air rifle with like 1500+ fps and the best pellets for it. But until I get a job I can dream about that:shk: but I'm definetly getting a firearm within a year, unless I don't get a job, but I'll make sure I do, but that's a different story................thanks everyone for your replies!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
The predators are great on starlings, very very vicious.

You go killing Starlings??? How sad can you get? Guns are for men with small you-know-whats!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

IR - think you've been misinformed re: UK requirements to hold a shotgun licence. You do NOT have to prove a 'need' (that's for rifles). Providing you are of good character, have a gun cabinet and can provide references you can have a shotgun certificate. Check your local police website for the true picture.

Actually i was told i needed to show just cause for the use of a shotgun by a police officer at the local station! Will have to find my local police site and check it, thanks very much. I love clay pigeon shooting and hunting.

Originally posted my Mcphisto

You go killing Starlings??? How sad can you get? Guns are for men with small you-know-whats!

Ok now first off i don't shoot starlings because well i like them. As for men with guns having small you know whats, are you joking? Guns are used for hunting and poest control, do you have any idea how many rabbits and pigeons there would be without pest control. Do you have any idea how much more damage to crops there would be. Do you know how much this would cost some of the already struggling farming businesses? Have you ever tasted smething that has lived wild and free, the taste of a wild rabbit or deer is great.

Not everyone with a gun is an irresponsible moron with a small sexual organ. Well ok i do get envious when i see cocktail sausages, but my point on sensible hunting still stands.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
i have several pellet and airsoft guns i have no trouble carrying them around my neighborhood. my favorite are my airsoft replicas of hk g-36c and my marui version of stargates p-90 pdw. they look like the real thing even the mags have real lokking fake ammo they have a muzzle velocity around 350 fps and i also use a replica smith and wesson sigma 40 cal that is co2 powered it shoots at 450 fps .
it is to much power to use in airsoft skirmishes because the plastic ammo shatters when it hits something and i don't want to injure friends but like i said i have no trouble with law because there isn't any around here

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
in england they have airsoft rifles that are called aeg which means it is elictrically powered ie also they are usually full auto between 400 to five hundred rounds a minute fps 280 to 500 fps for high end guns try ones from toyko marui they usually cost between 200 and 300 dollars us and you can get high capacity mags. if you get in close you could take out a group of pigieons as at higher velocities the bbs shatter on impact making shrapnel. plus they are legal to own in uk
here is a link to a uk store www.wolfarmouries.co.uk...

[edit on 10-6-2006 by timbradwell]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Actually i was told i needed to show just cause for the use of a shotgun by a police officer at the local station! Will have to find my local police site and check it, thanks very much. I love clay pigeon shooting and hunting.

Originally posted my Mcphisto

Go for it! Shooting clays is perfect justification for a SGC, you'll have to have a visit from the local FLO (hide the dope, get the Hob-Nobs in) who'll check your cabinet for security and that's it. Costs £50 and you get it back if you're turned down. If you're applying I'd do it before the merger of the police forces - it'll mean bigger / slower systems.

I see you've got the right attitude to quarry but just a point on birds in the UK. It is illegal to shoot ANY bird in the UK unless you're complying with the terms of a DEFRA licence - it's free and can be downloaded from DEFRA.

Again www.airgunbbs.com is great place to learn about UK shotgun applications etc etc

Cheers

S

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I could tell you all about some new Russian-made multiple-shot pellet guns with optional scopes and even silencers, but you'll only just use them to kill animals so I won't bother.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I recently got a Soft Air gun after 2 years of nagging my parents who are very anti-gun and pro-safety. "Gonna shoot your eye out!"

It was so not worth it for the one I got. It shoots like 20 feet accurately, and has no power whatsoever. You couldn't kill a rat with this thing. After shooting at targets for about half an hour, my friend volunteered to let me shoot him in the back. I was worried about it but after seeing the power it had, I figured it would only sting him a bit at most. But it turned out he didn't even feel it. His shirt stopped it before it even hit his body. It shoots plastic 24 caliber (6 mm?) bbs. It's automatic. Came with 1000 bbs and a sticky target.

^^ Mine is like this, but clear blue.

It's good for a first one I suppose. I'm too cheap to buy CO2 or anything, but I'll probably buy a more powerful one eventually.

My biggest complaint is that it has a safety that you have to hold back to fire all the time. And it's on the left side and I'm left handed, so it takes some getting used to, holding it back and firing simultaniously.

It only fires up to 175 fps. But I guess that's what you get for $40 Canadian at Wal-Mart. If you live in a city like me and just want something you can shoot indoors, I'd buy this.

I'm considering putting metal bbs in it just to see if it will fire or not, but I dont want to break it just yet. My friend also suggested firing popcorn kernels

I think my next one will have to be a pump action spring shotgun.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sorry I chould help but laugh LOL

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just to set the record straight once again...

Facts about Russian gun laws from actual Russian sources:

It is a fact - a documentable fact - that:

Source

Source

Source

The laws make effective self-defense virtually impossible. Private citizens may not own handguns. Shotguns and hunting rifles are permitted, but they must be registered, ballistically fingerprinted and stored at home in locked metal containers separate from ammunition. Legal guns may only be moved outside the home in disassembled condition. During a life-threatening situation, even if a gun owner manages to retrieve and load his weapon in time, it may only be used for self-defense within the owner's home.

Russia has a constitution, but you won't find the right to bear arms in it. The Russian constitution is fundamentally different from ours. In the U.S., laws must comply with the Constitution. In Russia, the Constitution must comply with laws passed by the State Duma and signed by the president.

The Russian Constitution contains some lofty rhetoric that could have been lifted from the U.S. Constitution or Declaration of Independence. For example, in Russia, "everyone shall have the right to defend his or her rights and liberties by any means..." So far, so good. But the "means" used to defend one's rights and liberties must not violate Russian law. Since Russian law bans effective self-defense with a firearm, the constitutional language is essentially meaningless.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

A question that has troubled me is this:

If a REAL pistol shoots bullets at 800fps, and an AIR rifle shoots a pellet at 1000fps, does that mean if they both hit the same target, the pellet will hit harder/penetrate deeper?... Does it mean the air rifle is stronger then a real pistol?

Sorry if this has been answered already; I did not read the entire thread.

Your air rifle has a MUZZLE velocity of 100fps.

Because of the extremely light weight of the projectile it looses most of this velocity as soon at it exits the muzzle.

A real rifle or handgun projectile is MUCH heavier than a pellet so it keeps its velocity for a much further distance.

It also has to do with muzzle ENERGY. I dont know all the physics behind it but a bullet has higher muzzle energy than a pellet.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Let's not confuse airsoft (toys) & bb guns (dangerous toys) with airguns (lethal weapons). Only the latter has ever been used effectively in war and is capable of humane despatch of quarry

PS How do you 'ballistically fingerprint' a shotgun? - it's simply not possible.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
Just to set the record straight once again...

Facts about Russian gun laws from actual Russian sources:

It is a fact - a documentable fact - that:

Source

Source

Source

The laws make effective self-defense virtually impossible. Private citizens may not own handguns. Shotguns and hunting rifles are permitted, but they must be registered, ballistically fingerprinted and stored at home in locked metal containers separate from ammunition. Legal guns may only be moved outside the home in disassembled condition. During a life-threatening situation, even if a gun owner manages to retrieve and load his weapon in time, it may only be used for self-defense within the owner's home.

Russia has a constitution, but you won't find the right to bear arms in it. The Russian constitution is fundamentally different from ours. In the U.S., laws must comply with the Constitution. In Russia, the Constitution must comply with laws passed by the State Duma and signed by the president.

The Russian Constitution contains some lofty rhetoric that could have been lifted from the U.S. Constitution or Declaration of Independence. For example, in Russia, "everyone shall have the right to defend his or her rights and liberties by any means..." So far, so good. But the "means" used to defend one's rights and liberties must not violate Russian law. Since Russian law bans effective self-defense with a firearm, the constitutional language is essentially meaningless.

I'm not an expert on Russian laws, but many people I know there own guns and handguns. But whatever. I'm going to the military and I'll get my share of handling and shooting guns
. Perhaps when I go back to visit friends in US, I will poccess a firearm there

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I just talked to my father on this matter. He said the gun laws you mentioned are old. He said you can own a handgun as long as you get permission. He is unsure about everything else but believes that TODAY this laws arn't as strict. Better check on this myself. I don't want to have to go to America to hold a firearm

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, i get airsoft guns (Thankfully my parents are not anti-gun, just anti-hunting (unless for food, or the right way... around here they run around drunk and running the poor deer all over the place all day.). My nephew had a BB & Pellet rifle (it fired both..) but sadly, one time we set out in a corn field with it and someone claimed we shot theyre window out of their car (I never found any proof, no broken glass, etc., and the whole story was off because we were inside before the time they claimed) so that got taken away :shk:, glad im more mature and responsible now.

Luckily i can still get replica airsoft guns. I had a spring powered airsoft shotgun once, but it broke and now i have to find something else good to get, i plan on a MP5SD3.

ShortyUSA

Overall, theyre fun, but ill stick to airsoft guns, where i can simulate military/mess around safely. (I got bored with BB guns... but when i finally got the idea to shoot glass bottles, i didnt have one).

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Let's not confuse airsoft (toys) & bb guns (dangerous toys) with airguns (lethal weapons). Only the latter has ever been used effectively in war and is capable of humane despatch of quarry

PS How do you 'ballistically fingerprint' a shotgun? - it's simply not possible.

So true. Airsoft weapons are weak and usually bounce off your skin, leaving no more of a mark then a paintball gun. Pellet airguns should be known as "air hard"
cuz they not only shoot with extreme power, but also the projectiles they fire are sharp and hard. I pity whoever gets shot with a rifle like mine, cuz that thing will penetrate most parts of the body possibly all the way to muscle, and sometimes even reaching the bone!(though not penetrating the bone, just touching it, by the time it reaches the bone it will have lost all velocity. Some muscles are bigger and tougher so they may stop the pellet before it reaches the bone.) I know many people that have been shot by pellet guns that are twice as weak as mine and caused alot of damage to the person, so I can imagine how much damage MY rifle will cost. But that's not why I bought the rifle
I bought it cuz I like to shoot, and hope to hunt some small game after I get a hunting license. But by then I'll probably either get a way more powerful .22 with a higher velocity, or a firearm.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would love to get an airsoft AKS-74. If anyone can give me a link where I can get one, that would be nice
. I've been looking for this weapon airsoft for a long time. This is the only airsoft weapon I want to get, as I don't favor airsoft weapons. Might as well get a real AK
, but something in me is urging to get an airsoft AK. I'd get a pellet one, but those are rare if they even exist.

Remember, link to an AKS-74, not an AK-47!

The only time I had an airsoft weapon was a long time ago I had a Beretta airsoft pistol that shot 6mm bbs at a mere 250fps. That was a weak, cheap piece of crap that only costed $20

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join