It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These people don't want peace.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
ISLAM TODAY still believes in conversion by the sword, stoning adulterous women,treat women like garbage, believes in chopping hands off for stealing, pyligamy, the list goes on and on.....

OK - can you please explain to me which ISLAM is GOOD and which ISLAM is BAD? For all I know, Saudi Arabia also executes women in public, shoots you if you own a Bible, imprisions chirstians and I belive some more stuff they have on Human Rights Record. So - I can understand; the ISLAM of Saudi Arabia is GOOD right? They can do that, correct? Why is that? Is it because they have ALOT of Oil? Or is it because they are big friends with the Bush Clan? Or is it because they are in the Carlyle Group? Which is it? Is that kind of ISLAM OKEY for America?

islam today spreads by war....christianity spreads by missionaries. quite a bit of difference in how the two groups think.

Show me ONE country with ISLAM that is Occupying another NON-ISLAM country? Where is it? Do any ISLAM-ic countries in the Middle East occupy and NoN-ISLAM-ic countries? Do they own parts of Isreal, which do not belong to them? Do they own parts of Baghdad which do not belong to them? Do they own parts of Mogadishu which do not belong to them? Do they own parts of Kabul, which do not belong to them?

Your ISLAM Theory is so full of holes, you could start to sell it as a Swiss-Cheese.

But hey - I understand; you have been programmed to HATE ISLAM and thatis all you can do...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
We just gotta let go of all these going-out-of-style energies that say we must divide ourselves up into groups and pretend we're not all the same inside. We kill each other over this stuff! It is insane!!

Even more important that whether we came from monkeys on our own or God made us out of monkeys or something, etc..

Is the fact that whatever our origin as the human race--it's a fact that we all came from the same place.

Underneath our skin we are the same, naked soul.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
[How many follow Robertson?? And how many have killed anyone on his behalf? Did I miss something? Did he command his followers to wear bombs and board busses? He's just an idiot the neolib uses often to force their will on the weak minded.
Why is it that with all the Christian pastors in this country the neolib media CENTERS ON HIM????

The Neolib? What are they? I brought up Robertson because he is the kind of ridiculous bigot who causes nothing but negative publicity for christianity. I remember when he once took a shot at the Republican nomination because apparently god wanted him to. The man utters repellent statements about everything under the sun - like 9/11 being god punishing America for so-called sin, and Katrina being god punished NO for more so-called sin... it makes me feel ill.
And by the way, I'm an atheist.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGoodDoctorFunk

Originally posted by IrvingTheExplainer
I've, found www.arabnews.com... to be a pretty good source of info I would normally no nothing about or get a biased version of.

(Hope it's OK to post the link that way.)

Hope it's okay for me to offtrack this thread, but I just wanted to say that that is a very nice find, it's very middle-of-the-road reporting, or rather, middle-of-their-road reporting. Oh yeah, it's up in my favorites bar right now. A question, though, do you have any idea regarding the meaning of the Arabic next to the American Flag in the upper right corner?

I found that a while back and to be honest, I don't check that often. I had written an e-mail to them once and I had gotten a nice response from the editor. They had put my e-mail on their site for a while.

No, I don't know what the Arabic writing means in the flag.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
I was being sarcastic when I said good laugh. When was the last time fanatics from a religion knocked down some skyscrapers in the name of their religion. When was the last time christians or jews blew themselves up in the name of their god.

Um... that would beTimothy McVeigh, a Christian. So obviously, by your logic, Christians=Terrorists?

If you had a similar log of innnocent Iraqi citizens executed or tortured by agents of the US govt., i.e. "The troops" over the last four years you could draw similar (and similarly flawed) conclusions about the US govt. and people.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Examples of christian terrorists:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.workers.org... (ignore the 'red' propaganda!)

Add to this the abortion clinic bombs, KKK burnings and bombs etc ad nauseum

And Jewish Ones

www.sullivan-county.com...

I am interested in how these Muslim governments should stop terrorists attacking places in other countries, IMHO the links that are given between the ME states such as Iran and Saudi actively sponsering terrorism is non supportable. yes they supported it in the past (libia anyone) but there is limited reason for them to now.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So, the Muslim terrorist is blowing up and killing 15, 20, 50, however many innocent civilans daily for 3 or 4 years, numbers running into the thousands, and you guys come up with a half dozen names of Christian terrorists......this deserves a big, FAT, WHATEVER!!!

Yeah, Yeah, Christians have killed, and that is true, and they've done a good job at it too, but nobody, no how, no way, can logically equate in terms of numbers the muslim terrorist and the christian terrorist of the present age.....the muslim terrorist kills many, many more innocents, hands down.

Oh my, here comes the "Christian Army of the USA" arguement, I can hear it now, more busting on the US.....

quote....nobody in Iraq would be dead if the US had not invaded...
quote....illegal war....
quote....all U.S. serviceman and women are Christian.... (haha, that's a good one)
quote....Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, uh, yeah, a couple others, uh yeah, George Bush, they're all terrorists,
quote....you neorightwingconservativechristiandelusionalsheeple will believe anything

waiting for the traditional rebuttal......

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I will comment on the post title, since so much has been said otherwise, to make this a religious question rather than a terrorist one...

Your title said "these people dont want peace" and then pointed to a rather hatefilled page on islam...

But the essence of the title was correct, just not your link...
THOSEpeople dont want peace...

the ones of which i speak, are the terrorists...
not muslims. (i wont even say "in general", because Islam, is a religion of norms, not peace, not war, but norms...)
and the same could be said for almost any religion... (especially Chrisitan)

Yes, the pages research is fairly accurate... terrorists that pretend to claim islam, have done bad things...

So what? do you not see that religion isn't the key in the vast majority of those terrorist attacks? If not, then you have fallen for a patented method of propaganda... getting the audience to paint with broad strokes...

Do you see that outside the palestinians (for land), and outside the international terror networks (for terror), and outside the political skirmishes.
lies only one Islamic religious Source of terrorism... just one!
Wahhabism... the same religion professed by the 9-11 terrorists...
the same religion that most of the Islamic world considers to be WRONG and not true islam.
The same religion that is only taught in 3 countries... can you guess which ones?
Saudi arabia (state religion- all others banned)
Afghanistan (long time reciever of support from SA mosques,and SA King)
and the last, but not least country where Wahhabism is taught (to this day)
The glorious United States of America... (more Saudi sponsored mosques here, than any other type of islam)
yep...

according to that, then yes, we should fear these Saudi Arabian Terrorists in our own backyard...
But it doesn't stop ya from feeding the beast that is eating you, everytime you buy gas...
everytime you look at Iraq... look at Saudi Arabia... and ask why we didn't attack there instead... if we were truly fighting terrorism, then we would be putting Walmarts and blockbusters in dowtown Riyadh as we speak, right on top of where the False Islamic mosques once stood...

[edit on 6-6-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Yeah, Yeah, Christians have killed, and that is true, and they've done a good job at it too?, but nobody, no how, no way, can logically equate in terms of numbers the muslim terrorist and the christian terrorist of the present age.....the muslim terrorist kills many, many more innocents, hands down.

Oh my, here comes the "Christian Army of the USA" arguement, I can hear it now, more busting on the US.....

quote....illegal war....
quote....all U.S. serviceman and women are Christian.... (haha, that's a good one)
quote....Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, uh, yeah, a couple others, uh yeah, George Bush, they're all terrorists,
quote....you neorightwingconservativechristiandelusionalsheeple will believe anything

I was for an invasion of Iraq, not for oil, not for WMD but simply to stop the kurdish genocide, however this invasion would have to have been backed up by the UN
I dont think there is such a thing as legal war, let alone illegal war, just war.
I know all service men and women arent christian, speaking as a non-christian member of Her Majestys Armed Forces, I deffinately know that there is non-chrisitan members (some of my friends who have fought in Iraq are Jewish, Muslim and Sikh
I would say Timothy Mcveigh was a terrorist, he set a bomb and blew it up killing innocent people (even govt. workers are innocent people!) causing terror. All I was replying to were those who suggested that apart from a very few, all terrorists were muslim.
I am a rightwingconservativezionistjew and whilst I dont believe everything, I will attempt to understand most, which is more than I can say to many on my side of the political spectrum (not ness. you, many others)

Thanks for bothering to read my reply, and to understand it fully!

[edit on 6-6-2006 by theyrewatchingme]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
ugh...I hate when someone points out how brutal and wrong islam is they compare islam of TODAY to christianity of 500-1000 years ago!

the fact is islam is the number one breeder of fanantics than any other ideology on the face of the planet!

This isnt a who's religion is better argument that some people are trying to turn this into...

the fact is ISLAM is not tolerant, or the people who enforce/believe it are not....

ISLAM TODAY still believes in conversion by the sword, stoning adulterous women,treat women like garbage, believes in chopping hands off for stealing, pyligamy, the list goes on and on.....

IF they did not want their religion attacked, they shouldnt of hid behind it to defend their attacks on "infidels" I believe was the word used by osama bin laden and others to justify there "jihad".

islam today spreads by war....christianity spreads by missionaries. quite a bit of difference in how the two groups think.

islam isn't the number one breader of fanatics in the world today, POVERTY IS.

when you compare islam today to christianity 500-1000 years ago, you compare finnancial status.

POVERTY breeds desperation
desperation breeds fanaticism
fanaticism brings some comfort to people

christianity drops bibles on communities where children are starving

christianity carpet bombs

christianity doesn't spread itself by war, it gets rid of those that don't believe in it with wars

ISLAM TODAY believes in the qu'ran, the majority of which is peaceful.
ISLAM TODAY is a phrase used to make the majority of muslims look like extremists.

i have neighbors that are muslims, they don't go killing people to convert
i have muslim friends, they aren't fanatics

the majority of islam isn't fanatics
there are over 1 BILLION muslims, and how many of them are fanatics...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit

(Does anyone else think that Pat Robertson should be put up against a wall and shot for every moronic statement that oozes from his brain?)

How many follow Robertson?? And how many have killed anyone on his behalf? Did I miss something? Did he command his followers to wear bombs and board busses? He's just an idiot the neolib uses often to force their will on the weak minded.

Why is it that with all the Christian pastors in this country the neolib media CENTERS ON HIM????

NEOLIB MEDIA!!!

what the hell

the majority of the media is conservative

fox news is number 1, and they are heavily conservative
cnn is up there, and it is pretty conservative
msnbc is moderate leaning liberal
cnbc is the same as msnbc

i don't see this liberal media people talk about...

i digress
pat robertson and jerry fallwell are powerful, they are incredibly fanatical, and intolerant.

how about i focus on bob jones university, the only university in the country that STILL bans interracial dating on campus...
there's christian tolerance for you

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So, the Muslim terrorist is blowing up and killing 15, 20, 50, however many innocent civilans daily for 3 or 4 years, numbers running into the thousands, and you guys come up with a half dozen names of Christian terrorists......this deserves a big, FAT, WHATEVER!!!

Yeah, Yeah, Christians have killed, and that is true, and they've done a good job at it too, but nobody, no how, no way, can logically equate in terms of numbers the muslim terrorist and the christian terrorist of the present age.....the muslim terrorist kills many, many more innocents, hands down.

quote....illegal war....

here's a rebuttal

palestinians attacking israelis is WAR
israel invading palestine is a military action, and any violent response is the same
israel has killed 3 palestinian civilians for ever israeli civilian killed
israel has injured 10 palestinian civilians for every israeli civilian injured
so militants are killing 1 or 2 people a day, not dozens, in palestine

iraq, the people are attacking to fight a military presence (illegal, legal, whatever, it's a military presence), not to cause terror, so remove that from the terror count

afganistan is the same as iraq, the people that are "terrorists" are better labeled MILITANTS, they are fighting militarily, with unorthodox methods.

in this country we've been equating anyone who fights the USA as terrorists, just like we called them communists in the cold war. we need to define them as an enemy that isn't just a demonized word like terrorist

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

iraq, the people are attacking to fight a military presence (illegal, legal, whatever, it's a military presence), not to cause terror, so remove that from the terror count

C'mon, you mean to tell me these people you speak of who are fighting a military presence are doing so by killing dozens of innocent Iraqi's DAILY?

Au contraire, what is seen in Iraq are terrorists who are in a desperate situation, losing their hope of establishing Iraq as a terrorist state, killing and maiming all they can, in an attempt to get the USA to depart.......hasn't worked yet has it?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
But it doesn't stop ya from feeding the beast that is eating you, everytime you buy gas...

Good one!

[edit on 6/6/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
um... smokenmirrors By the standers that you just set isn't the US a terrorist nation?
The desperate situation? We are running low on oil so it's getting pricey. The solution invade a country that has oil. Kill or maim all whom may get in your way so we can have that cheap oil... that hasn't worked yet either.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What a pathetic site. Does it make the case for America's illegal invasion of Iraq which subsequently led to the violence we see in the Middle East? It's trying to put the blame on Iraqies for being savages who use violence as a means for diplomacy yet digress from the realization that the United States has nay commited any real diplomatic acts without the use of violence.

Luxifero

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
you people are nuts that think there are moderates

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Posters who join just to comment about how nuts we are are twice so...

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but break T&C again and you can bitch all alone...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
What a pathetic site. Does it make the case for America's illegal invasion of Iraq which subsequently led to the violence we see in the Middle East? It's trying to put the blame on Iraqies for being savages who use violence as a means for diplomacy yet digress from the realization that the United States has nay commited any real diplomatic acts without the use of violence.

Luxifero

I havn't had such a grand belly laugh in decades, thanks.....as if the US is the cause of violence in the middle east, haha, great, like, there's been peace there all along until now, now THAT'S funny!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
What a pathetic site. Does it make the case for America's illegal invasion of Iraq which subsequently led to the violence we see in the Middle East? It's trying to put the blame on Iraqies for being savages who use violence as a means for diplomacy yet digress from the realization that the United States has nay commited any real diplomatic acts without the use of violence. Luxifero

I havn't had such a grand belly laugh in decades, thanks.....as if the US is the cause of violence in the middle east, haha, great, like, there's been peace there all along until now, now THAT'S funny!

That IS Funny, like the Palestinians haven't been blowing up the Israelis and vice versa for decades!

Then there is this little twisted tidbit: "America's "illegal invasion of Iraq". Who was it who made it a law that Iraq couldn't be attacked?? Oh, yeah, I forgot, it was that great forger of laws, Saddam Hussein-in-the-brain, or nnnoooo, I think it was that great defender of rights, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, that great moral giant, the UN, YES, FOLKS, it is the UN, THE UN, that is the new arbitrator of morality, the un, get it, the un, oh yeah, that is funnnnnnnnyyyyyyy!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join