It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory Draft Bill snuck in and to be debated on 6/6/06

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I hope it passes.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think i'll go to canada tomorrow if it pass and i'll sell my house from canada. I'll not die for corporations let alone Bush!
And i'll welcome all my friends who don't want this law to pass!! They won't die for this crazy guy either!

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I think i'll go to canada tomorrow if it pass and i'll sell my house from canada. I'll not die for corporations let alone Bush!
And i'll welcome all my friends who don't want this law to pass!! They won't die for this crazy guy either!

No one listens to a damn word I have typed into this thread. Its a political game and nothing else to score votes. Vitchilo, dont sell your house and move to Canada, this draft isnt going to happen I assure you. As I said, if you go back and read the links I provided you will see this was voted down in 2004 402-2 in the house, it didnt even make it to the Senate. Nothing to worry about man, so calm down, take a chill pill, and a deep breath.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I know but this time it's different, the immigration bill is not there for anything, it's planned to make think the congressmans that the US need more soldiers to protect the borders and to fight Iran. So if it would ever pass, it's this year.

And for going to Canada, I just said that IF this come to pass, i'll go to Canada and sell my house. I'll do nothing before this bill pass, if it pass.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
I hope it passes.
Why? Whats keeping you from enlisting? Or do you need a push?
Speak for yourself. Recruiters want good men, like YOU. Go for it.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Great news to hear. Now I can join the likes of all the war buffs that are always stating the US can take the world in any wars. Now we can with your physical sacrafice. Feels different when its your life on the line doesn't it? Military or civilian service I don't really care I do not have much going on in my life at the time anyways. Come on you apes you want to live forever!?

As far as what is stopping me now from recruiting, a felony record and only a GED under current requirements that is not enough.

[edit on 6/5/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This thread is proof of one thing. Most people don’t read the thread before posting.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This thread is proof of one thing. Most people don’t read the thread before posting.

And.....?

Could you elaborate for those of us who dont get it?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Anyone hear an outcome on this? Or is this something that will come out in a few days as an "Oh, by the way".........??

Just curious. I haven't seen anything pertaining to this yet.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just like my man Luda said...its a friggin joke.

It will never pass. The only way they can force us to fight is by playing the heart strings enough that we feel compelled to ala 9/11 x 1000. A draft would just divide the country further. Even the most steadfast war supporters don't want their children FORCED to do anything.

Quit worrying about doomsday scenarios that will never come true...we have enough to fret for.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by DaFunk13]

Edited to say DG, Love the new avatar girlie...

[edit on 6-6-2006 by DaFunk13]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
How the hell do we know it won't pass? Huh?

I am lucky and proud to be a Canadian, and I hate the living (deleted) out of BUSH!

We cannot say right now wether or not it will pass, because we can't tell the future!

[edit on 6-6-2006 by BCBLOOD]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A reminder, a draft in the new revision will not just have the young ones serving, the parents will serve as well. Nothing like sending off a whole family to die in battle on foreign land.

Regardless yes this topic has beenbrought up every year for the past couple of years on ATS, as the bill gets killed every year.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If they really wanted to pass this, they'd not do it in such a way as to alarm the public. They would advertise it in a way, which makes out as those it is a reserve bill. "Just in case" as a get out claws. Many people would agree with such a bill if the United State's was ever attacked and then...well all you need is the attack on U.S. interests by some Mad Middle Eastern.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is going to sound odd but I would actually like to see this get passed. The reprictutions would be felt through all levels of government.

All that is needed is a Catylst to set off a major conflict between the have's and have-not's in this country.

But I would have to agree with ludacris and the rest...this is most likely a political plow designed to either generate Debate or distract from more important issues.

I was on Cspan fer a couple hours today and all I saw was the house debate on new FCC fines and Cable broadcasting what some consider profane or overly sexual.

Defintally a political ploy but one to still be worried about. THink about how quickly the Patriot act was passed. The right political enviroment and we could see a swift passage of this bill or one similar to it.

If you remmember at the begining of Bush's second term he qas quoted as saying " We have genearted a lot political capital and I plan on spending it" The citizens of a country such as ours need to be ever vigilant towards those would have no regard for human life and whose only goal is self-promotion and aquisition of farther reaching powers.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
El senor Pom Pom (Save a horse, ride a cowboy)
Why does that always come to mind???

Anyway, you make some great points. I wouldnt be surprised if this was already in effect. Is there a way to check if this passed?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i checked on CSpan and Google and found NO mention whatsoever of any draft bill and while that doesnt nessecarily mean that the Bill was discussed in closed confrence or non-televised confrence it does lead creedence to the idea that this was simply a political manuever to gain more election votes come November.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
When I first saw this nonsense a couple of days ago the article mentioned that the last time it was voted on, this bill (or its predecessor) hadn't been to comitee and thats why its headed there now. As of right now today, I agree with many here in that it really stands no chance (political ploy). But I've also been seeing a lot of stuff about an impending terrorist attack (www.cbsnews.com...).
Imagine something does happen... while all the hooples are screaming and crying this thing would pass in heartbeat, and then we'd be thankin Congress for their quick decisive action.
I also noticed this...

c) Induction Requirements- The President shall provide for the induction of persons covered by subsection (a) to perform national service under this Act.

(d) Selection for Military Service- Based upon the needs of the uniformed services, the President shall--

(1) determine the number of persons covered by subsection (a) whose service is to be performed as a member of an active or reserve component of the uniformed services; and

(2) select the individuals among those persons who are to be inducted for military service under this Act.

(e) Civilian Service- Persons covered by subsection (a) who are not selected for military service under subsection (d) shall perform their national service obligation under this Act in a civilian capacity pursuant to subsection (b)(2).

...so no worries for the Bush twins or their peers. I hate to be the rest of us though.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I have dual citizenship. American/Canadian. I live in canada, would they still be allowed to recruit me if this bill passes. I turn 18 early next year.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I am not an expert in US law,
but I do belive any citizen, reglardless of location would be subject to the draft should it happen.

That being said, I do hope you will not be called to bear arms against your will.

edit for typo

[edit on 7-6-2006 by RedGolem]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
you can check govtrak it takes 1-2 days to post though. Should be on there tomorow I would think.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join